Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The King, the Widow, and Rick

halgia
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, FishyJoe said:

Are the garbage people the remnants of Arkham Asylum or something? Seriously, what the hell is up with these people? Is their life so fulfilling they have time to create art while naked? I can understand why people would follow Negan to some degree, but Jadis? Does she sleep with everyone in the camp or something? She must be really good in the sack to convince everyone to live in garbage.

Eww now that's a nasty mental picture of Jadis sleeping with anyone. She probably satisfies herself with those sculptures. Don't know why anyone would want to sleep with her she looks like expired milk. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I would totally watch a spin off where Darryl, Michonne, Tara, and Rosita just drove around wasting Saviors while everyone else just debated on what to do for hours. 

Jerry was wearing a super awesome outfit in that last scene with Carol. Jerry is, as always, the best. 

So would I. Now Rosita needs to take that rocket launcher, and aim it at the guy who really talks too much. That scene was the only part I really liked. Condescending Murderous Guy underestimates pretty young woman, and gets blown away. 

At first, I thought they were around the garbage people, and was surprised to hear them talking in complete sentences. 

I missed what happened to Carl, because my dad stood in front of the TV. I hope he wasn't bitten, and that nothing happens to him. I don't want to see anything happen to the other kid, but we don't need a replacement Carl. Why can't they just stay where it's safe? 

I feel bad for Ezekiel. Not only did he lose his tiger, he lost many members of his "kingdom", because the creator of this comic sucks, and has to see the saviours stick around. He's feeling guilty and ashamed, and mourning the loss of his people. They've all lost someone, and they all grieved. They fought, but they weren't fine right away, if at all. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 5

Surrounding the compound with a herd while they rob the outpost was a good idea since all the power and influence reside at the main complex. Where the writers messed up was having Negan and his people come outside in clear shot just for dialogue because it seemed really stupid to not just take them out right then and there. I think the majority of the cast does well with the material they are given. I treat Jadis like my sister treats her second marriage - like it doesn't exist.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

Surrounding the compound with a herd while they rob the outpost was a good idea since all the power and influence reside at the main complex. Where the writers messed up was having Negan and his people come outside in clear shot just for dialogue because it seemed really stupid to not just take them out right then and there. 

Exactly. Despite the complaints from the fans, the plan is very good. Rick and his allies are outnumbered and outgunned so they came up with a strategy to trap most of their enemies while reducing their overall numbers and weakening them by taking their weapons. Instead of letting this play out, Kirkman and his crew with their hubris couldn't resist giving Negan and company yet more monologues so they parade them on a podium where they can easily be mowed down and won't let Rick and his people kill them. Of course, now the audience is annoyed and starts to tune out. On top of this, we have the convenient pacifism of Jesus, the ridiculous imprisonment of tons of saviors at the Hilltop, and Rick going alone to see the garbage people. Why? Why? Why? 

4 hours ago, Anela said:

I feel bad for Ezekiel. Not only did he lose his tiger, he lost many members of his "kingdom", because the creator of this comic sucks, and has to see the saviours stick around. He's feeling guilty and ashamed, and mourning the loss of his people. They've all lost someone, and they all grieved. They fought, but they weren't fine right away, if at all. 

I empathize with Zeke also. He is actually handling his losses better than Rick has in the past which indicates that he is emotionally more stable than Rick. I think that Zeke's partial cure was standing in front of him. He and Carol just need to get their freak on and he will be on his way back.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8

I actually liked the episode better than most so far this season.. I was so happy to see Michonne again I didn't even mind Jadis and her crew.  Rosita with the rocket launcher?  Nice.  Daryl hitting the savior with a garbage truck?  Also nice.  Carol and Zeke having a heart to heart?  Deep sigh. Who needs a hug?  Zeke needs a hug.  

Rick didn't seem too concerned about being locked up.  Hopefully there is a plan for taking out the garbage people too.  

• Love 6

For the first time, I just couldn't force myself to watch this. I just came here to "like" all the awesome posts, because they are officially way more entertaining and certainly a million times more intelligent than this nonsensical, never-ending drivel.

As for Naked Rick - well, he couldn't let Daryl get to be the only naked one.

ETA: From PrincessPurrsALot

Speaking of which, Jesus’ hair was looking mighty greasy when he was hanging out with “no angel” savior.  Has he been rubbing up against Daryl?

The fanfiction "writers" certainly like to think so, if you know what I mean.  

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I empathize with Zeke also. He is actually handling his losses better than Rick has in the past which indicates that he is emotionally more stable than Rick. I think that Zeke's partial cure was standing in front of him. He and Carol just need to get their freak on and he will be on his way back.

I'm against that.

Spoiler

I know what happens to Zeke in the comics (I don't read them but I know). And we already had Carol last Season isolating herself because she doesn't want to see anyone she loves die and she can't bring herself to kill for them anymore. She came back to help out the people she loves so they don't also have to suffer the fate of Glenn/Abe/Spencer/Olivia. But I see only bad things for her storyline if she got with Zeke and he died. The only way I would support Carol/Zeke is if she died before him. And I don't want her to die. I want her to lead the Kingdom after Zeke's death.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

On repeat viewing, I'm more than a little amused that Rick is sweatier and generally filthier and grosser looking than people who literally live in garbage.  

I have questions!

Does Andrew Lincoln have a special assistant who follows him around to ensure that, not only is his hair always wet, there is also that one stubborn drop hanging from a strand of his hair? Do they purposely stage the shot so that drop is consistently visible in profile? And that drop is stubborn enough to last the entire shot. So is it water, or something like glycerin?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I have questions!

Does Andrew Lincoln have a special assistant who follows him around to ensure that, not only is his hair always wet, there is also that one stubborn drop hanging from a strand of his hair? Do they purposely stage the shot so that drop is consistently visible in profile? And that drop is stubborn enough to last the entire shot. So is it water, or something like glycerin?

They’re filming in Georgia in the summer; no need AT ALL to add artificial perspiration.  They’re already getting more of the natural stuff than the Makeup department can handle.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Darryl could take lessons from Saddiq on how to look somewhat attractive even while really dirty during the zombie apocalypse. I think Jesus is still the prettiest, but he looks like he at least wipes his face clean every couple days.

Siddiq was actually way too groomed for plausibility. Is there a secret village of beard trimming gnomes that he forgot to mention?  Could he do it? Yes. Would he do it? Not even remotely fucking likely! Speaking as a guy with heavy facial hair, getting it that tidy is not only hard, but it works for like one day, and then you have to mess with it all over again.

Primping alone in the woods cuts into your zombie-trapping time.

Although... still no less plausible than Daryl's hair. Or Carl's hat. Or Dumpster Diva's existance.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

Finally caught up on the whole thread! 

This was not a great episode. This was not even a good episode. But it was an entertaining episode. Stupid I can enjoy, as long as it's not boring.

And, oh, boy, did we have stupid. I think Rick Grimes may have actually surpassed Homer Simpson as Stupidest TV Protagonist.

I wish they'd done special subtitles for the GPK meeting.

Jadis: "Shot you." (Subtitle: "Are you fucking kidding me? How is anybody this stupid?")

Rick: "Grazed me." (Subtitle: "It's just a flesh wound. Come back here. I'll bite your legs off!")

Jadis: "Shot you." (Subtitle: "I don't just mean 'how are you still alive in the zombie apocalypse?' I mean 'how do you not strangle yourself trying to figure out which body part the pants go on?' I mean, even I know I'm not trustorthy, and I haven't been shot by me. Did I mention you're stupid? Hey, I've got an idea. Surrender all your weapons, give us your credit card number, strip down to your underwear, and wait for me in this special 'Becoming Political Allies' room. Wait, not yet. First I have to dig through this pile of old cat litter and find the ball gag..."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 13

It took over two hours to get through this stupid episode.  I kept falling asleep.  Even the dog jumped off my lap and went off to do something exciting in her puppy bed.

So the captured Saviors are bound and kept in a cattle pen.  Along with Gregory.  Did I miss anything?

Wait - I do remember the garbage people and monosyllabic Jadis.  (I have to say the actress has a fantastic name, though.  Pollyanna McIntosh.)  I don't recall nekkid Rick.  Will have to pay attention on reviewing when Mr. pig comes back from Phoenix.  He can throw spitballs to keep me awake.

Bring back Frank Darabont!!!

• Love 4

Rick is so bloody STUPID.   "Here I am with my polaroids! Surrender or else my imaginary army will destroy you!"  Yeah.  He can stay naked in that box for a good long time and think about what supreme dumbass he is.  Alexandria really did make him go soft in the head.

Melissa McBride can act her way out of Alcatraz.  She's brilliant.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yank you! I couldn't even remember Benjamin's name! And I really liked him. Okay, well, that makes sense - as to why he seems quite familiar with Carol and was running around with a Morganesque stick. 

Interesting tidbit - the kid that plays Benjamin is the real life brother of the kid that played Sophia.

15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I would have expected Daryl to be riding his motorcycle.  That would have been an interesting collision.

Even if that truck full of speakers made it back to where the Saviors are trapped in the building, there should be enough snipers to shoot out the tires of the vehicle so it can't lead the walkers away from the area.  Not that any of Rick's followers would have enough intelligence to shoot out the vehicle's tires.  They have had several opportunities over the last few years to shoot out vehicle tires and it never enters their pretty little heads to do so.  I guess they just like to do things the hard way.

What I don't get is why they are driving off with the music playing.  Were they trying to attract MORE walkers to the Saviors compound?  Wouldn't it make more sent to drive there and THEN turn the music on to lure the walkers away?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

Rick is so bloody STUPID.   "Here I am with my polaroids! Surrender or else my imaginary army will destroy you!"  Yeah.  He can stay naked in that box for a good long time and think about what supreme dumbass he is.  Alexandria really did make him go soft in the head.

I want the Rick with the gray beard back. The Rick that brutally hacked Terminus to pieces and the one that ripped Joe's skin off with his teeth. He's wasting too much time talking and trying to make alliances. Instead of GPK why not go down to Oceanside and try and plead with them that they're needed. Those photos might have moved them to join in seeing as how some of the Saviors are dead. 

It's also boggling how nobody is worried about Heath. Tara and Daryl should have been out looking for him. Tara was with him last and Daryl knows how to hunt and search for people. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Siddiq was actually way too groomed for plausibility. Is there a secret village of beard trimming gnomes that he forgot to mention?  Could he do it? Yes. Would he do it? Not even remotely fucking likely! Speaking as a guy with heavy facial hair, getting it that tidy is not only hard, but it works for like one day, and then you have to mess with it all over again.

Primping alone in the woods cuts into your zombie-trapping time.

Although... still no less plausible than Daryl's hair. Or Carl's hat. Or Dumpster Diva's existance.

Yeah. I hope he doesn't want to "release the souls" of everyone in Alexandria. 

6 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

Melissa McBride can act her way out of Alcatraz.  She's brilliant.  

I didn't think about it until someone mentioned it here, but he is doubly stupid. He tells Carl not to trust anyone, and then goes back to JADIS, and once again expects an alliance? Naive as hell 

59 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

I want the Rick with the gray beard back. The Rick that brutally hacked Terminus to pieces and the one that ripped Joe's skin off with his teeth. He's wasting too much time talking and trying to make alliances. Instead of GPK why not go down to Oceanside and try and plead with them that they're needed. Those photos might have moved them to join in seeing as how some of the Saviors are dead. 

It's also boggling how nobody is worried about Heath. Tara and Daryl should have been out looking for him. Tara was with him last and Daryl knows how to hunt and search for people. 

Me, too. How in the hell is that Rick getting bullied by Negan? But the one guy's throat, gutted another, and then dealt with the people of terminus (with carol's help). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Door said:

Garbage nudists.  WHY? All that metal, sitting underneath the sun? And that's the very least of many injurious possibilities! No way.

Well, they did have aprons on, but the question still remains, why strip down like that? Was it the heat? Jadis did have enough modesty to put on some clothes before talking to Rick.

Also: Was Jadis sculpting a tiger? Why? Seems awfully coincidental.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, valandsend said:

He sure acted like it hurt badly when Jadis shot him.

And kicked him off the wall. I guess he landed on his head, so no damage there.

Garbage nudists? *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to watch after all. Not that I don't believe you all, but this is so fantastical I have to see for myself.

19 hours ago, spiderpig said:

So the captured Saviors are bound and kept in a cattle pen.  Along with Gregory. 

I"m sure Jesus has some brilliant plan about what to do with them.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Because "He" and "I" are not the same. Started drinking too early I guess.
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Bring back Frank Darabont!!!

Can we seriously start a petition????

4 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Heath is the new Beth. It's "out of sight, out of mind" with these people. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Can we seriously start a petition????

I forgot who Heath is.  Wait a sec - is he the guy with the eternally annoying Tara at Oceanside?

• Love 1

I assumed Tara thought Heath was probably dead too for the same reason.  And since she returned to Alexandria right after that and learned about Denise being killed, they've had their hands full with all the nonsense with the Saviors and she probably hasn't given him any further thought.  I would imagine people disappear with some frequency in this world and if you see blood and/or their stuff left behind where walkers are involved, you probably don't question it too much.

If you're one of the big names in the opening credits, everybody forgets about whatever it was they were supposed to be doing to go chasing after you like you're not a grown adult who left under your own power.  Anybody else, it's out of sight out of mind.  They barely seemed to remember or care that Eugene had been taken until he showed up as someone of value to Negan.

• Love 3
On 11/27/2017 at 11:30 AM, DEL901 said:

So, who exactly does Rick think is going to rescue him, Darryl?  

Evidently. Here's the relevant dialogue from Episode 803, "Monsters":

(Cut to Rick tossing the Polaroids on the passenger seat of the Jeep)
Rick: See you back home.
Daryl: Sure you wanna talk to them assholes alone?
Rick: (grunts) Yeah. That’s how it gets done.
Daryl: All right. You gone too long, I’m gonna come lookin’ for you.
Rick: That’s the plan.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Nobody, and I'm counting Maggie, gave much of a shit about Beth going missing. Daryl knew damned well what happened to her, that she was taken in a black car with a cross on it, but only mumbled to Rick's casual inquiry, "Jes' GONE." *shrug* You expect them all to rally and go in search of Heath, who they didn't really know?

6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

They barely seemed to remember or care that Eugene had been taken until he showed up as someone of value to Negan.

I don't blame them for this one. As long as he wasn't plotting against them, they figured he would be just fine with Negan. After all, Eugene's main skill is is surviving by getting other people to take care him. It will be interesting to see if he actually goes back to Alexandria after this is all over. 

16 hours ago, Raven1707 said:

Thanks for the refresher. It's gotten to the point where I barely know what happened last week, let alone the entire season. I used to watch and rewatch and make notes and totally have every person and every event stamped in my memory. Now? My give-a-damn is broken. 

13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Nobody, and I'm counting Maggie, gave much of a shit about Beth going missing. Daryl knew damned well what happened to her, that she was taken in a black car with a cross on it, but only mumbled to Rick's casual inquiry, "Jes' GONE." *shrug* You expect them all to rally and go in search of Heath, who they didn't really know?

To be fair, *I* didn't really give a shit that Beth was missing. She could have stayed missing for all I care. 

12 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I miss this Michonne so very much.  She had PANACHE! 

Ugh, me too. I just miss the early seasons, period. I was so much more invested. The characters were solid and interesting. Now they're constantly changing and doing things we'd never think they'd do. They're either outrageous or boring. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Raven1707 said:

Considering that Daryl was already willing to trade punches with Rick over wanting to finish off the Sanctuary Right Now before he acquired his convenient big truck and his band of supporters each with her own ax to grind with the Savior crew, methinks Rick is going to be sitting in that container for awhile.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have no idea why Rick would go to the garbage dump without backup.  Yes, Jadis just grazed Rick when she shot at him.  I assume she tried to kill him.  Otherwise, why the heck would she shoot at him at all?  So Rick goes there and makes threats with no backup at all.  There was nothing to stop Jadis from killing Rick on the spot.

I can only chalk this little bit of stupidity up to Rick vastly overestimating either his persuasive abilities or his appeal to the Dumpster Diva.  Well, yeah, she did shoot me that one time but she also said she wanted to lay with me.  It all evens out.

At this point, the only way I can make sitting through some of this palatable is if I can at least amuse myself.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thanks for the refresher. It's gotten to the point where I barely know what happened last week, let alone the entire season. I used to watch and rewatch and make notes and totally have every person and every event stamped in my memory. Now? My give-a-damn is broken. 

Back in the first few seasons, when AMC re-aired new episodes into the wee hours of the morning, I'd watch an episode 4-6 times in a single night until my eyes refused to stay open. I could practically recite the dialogue in those days. Now, I generally watch once on my laptop, via AMC.com's east coast feed (I'm on PST) on Sunday, then will watch again sometime during the week after on the 65" TV to catch the finer details. And then, because I was born with a titanium give-a-damn, I eventually get around to transcribing the dialogue. (Yeah, I know...crazy!)

Anyway, the Sunday Cable ratings are in for "The King, the Widow, and Rick":

The top show, “The Walking Dead,” bounced back a little from its six-year low the previous week. It scored a 3.6 in adults 18-49, up 0.2, and 8.282 million viewers, an improvement on the 7.85 million from the prior week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-nov-26-2017/

Here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 8 so far:

10-22-17 “Mercy” 11.439 million
10-29-17 “The Damned” 8.923 million
11-05-17 “Monsters” 8.519 million
11-12-17 “Some Guy” 8.688 million
11-19-17 “The Big Scary U” 7.845 million
11-26-17 “The King, The Widow, & Rick” 8.282 million

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Considering that Daryl was already willing to trade punches with Rick over wanting to finish off the Sanctuary Right Now before he acquired his convenient big truck and his band of supporters each with her own ax to grind with the Savior crew, methinks Rick is going to be sitting in that container for awhile.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.  What qualifies as being "gone too long" to Daryl? Ah, sweet mysteries of life!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's gotten to the point where I barely know what happened last week

I just now finished watching this, and have no idea what happened. Maybe I'm slow, or deaf, or I just don't "get" the complexity of the artistry here. So letters are arriving? Do they have carrier pigeons or is Kevin Costner around? I was all but slapping my face, all but sticking myself with pins to try to concentrate but I just couldn't.:(

Daryl and Tara are talking. Mumble mumble. I have no clue what they said.

Rick goes crawling back to the trash help, to grovel to the zany, monosyllabic person who tricked, betrayed and shot him. Makes sense. "So you shot me. It was just a graze. No hard feelings!  And yeah, okay - you threw me into a trash heap for Winslow to kill.  And maybe after you shot me - just a graze - you did kick me off the tower and doublecrossed me,  but so what? Nobody's perfect." Actually, I think he's really kinky and just wants some of that. He was probably watching from a distance and drooling at the nude sculpting.

Jesus, of the many turnips, still fights for the Saviors. Someone built the flimiest stockade in history and all the Saviors are marched into it, along with Gregory. Just as well. Maybe at least we won't have to listen to him speechifying and acting shifty for awhile.

Then Coral is in the woods - I have no idea why - and gives some water and sardines(?) to some guy and they bond talking about their mothers, or something. Carl once again gets himself bottom guy in a walker pile. Of course he emerges totally unscathed although the walkers had apparently just killed a large animal and can take down tigers. Carl and guy bond some more. Carl dredges up that old, old question: "How many walkers have you killed." Really, Coral? I thought we were past that. And can't someone, somewhere, dredge up or make an eyepatch for the boy?

Then Rosita and Michonne drive off somewhere to do something - I didnt' catch what - and hear what sounds like a heavenly choir, or the Castrati, or maybe the Wendigo and of course get out of the car and go looking for trouble. They find it, although as usual, the Bad Guys have the worst aim in the world.

Is Maggie still preggo? When I saw her with the baby I thought it was hers but then realized it was the one Rick gave to Aaron and now Aaron has apparently palmed off on Maggie so he can go on some noble mission of some sort, maybe to avenge Eric. Enid wants to go with him, probably to get away from the insanity and stupidity going on at Hilltop. I have no idea if he agreed.

Carol and the King commune where he's locked himself in his sulking room while his Royal Guard dressed in a quilted uniform keeps out the riffraff. I don't know what they were talking about either, except once again we see obligatory tears spilling out of Carol's eyes. The only thing I caught her asking was why he came a-calling and he said to see if she was all right. Tinkly piano music. Or maybe that was earlier. I dunno.

Then stupid, idiotic Rick is locked in the junkyard vault, naked. Maybe the Diva is going to use him as a model for their next art class.  The End.

10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

To be fair, *I* didn't really give a shit that Beth was missing. She could have stayed missing for all I care. 

I certainly didn't either. When she showed up in that interminable nonsensical hospital melodrama, my only reaction was "Oh, no!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Is Maggie still preggo? When I saw her with the baby I thought it was hers but then realized it was the one Rick gave to Aaron and now Aaron has apparently palmed off on Maggie so he can go on some noble mission of some sort, maybe to avenge Eric. Enid wants to go with him, probably to get away from the insanity and stupidity going on at Hilltop. I have no idea if he agreed.

Since they do have all those Saviors handy, you'd think they'd ask for information about whose baby that is.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, peach said:

Since they do have all those Saviors handy, you'd think they'd ask for information about whose baby that is.

Seriously. I"ve tried harder to find out who a lost kitten belongs to. Maybe the kid's daddy is out there nibbling on a turnip.

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, trashtvaddict said:

Jadis: "I'll lie with him when this is over"[sic - I can't recall the exact words], and if I recall correctly Rick said nothing, Michonne said, "We should get back to work.." and then Rick said, "Yeah." ....

That's what i've been saying! In that scene you could totally see his mind start clicking over, filling with kinky scenes undreamed of til that moment. I think he wanted to say "(OH HELL) yeah."

• Love 1

"Hey you betrayed us once before and you shot me to boot, not to mention you're all freaky weird and talk like you're from Mars, but I'm here alone and unarmed in your camp to make another deal!"  If he hadn't done so already, Rick has finally cemented himself as the dumbest leader in the ZA.  I would forgive Negan for guffawing over this one.

• Love 10
On 11/27/2017 at 4:42 PM, SimoneS said:

Now, this I agree with and find hilarious. I love Michonne, but she is not someone who always has it all together. She was a mess she first arrived although she has been more emotionally stable since she befriended Carl and hooked up with Rick, probably because he is more of a mess than she is and is damn good in bed. However, Michonne going off because she had to see the Sanctuary was dumb and stubborn so it seemed pretty in character to me. She has also been on edge since Negan started his reign of terror. The only thing I find out of character is that she hasn't gone off by herself to kill him as yet.

Is "damn good in bed" some wishful fantasy, perhaps because someone imagines him doing "stuff and thangs"?  ;-)

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Is "damn good in bed" some wishful fantasy, perhaps because someone imagines him doing "stuff and thangs"?  ;-)

LOL! I figured Rick must be good because sin that first bed scene he was going in the right direction, down. And because Michonne always seems happy with a huge smile after. :)

• Love 1

This episode was so full of dumb.  Rosita, a trained combatant, dropping her gun as soon as she is fired at.  Then shooting a guy with an rpg at close range, which should have killed her as well as him, and she didn't even have her ears rung.  Carl and the Indian guy getting surprised and overwhelmed out in the open by a handful of mindless walkers.  Really?  Carl all by himself should have spotted them coming and taken them out before they closed within 30 feet.  The writers literally mail it in with this show, with no thought to whether things make sense or not.  The garbage dump that the garbage pail kids live in is symbolic of this show this season.

Edited by Dobian
typo
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Carl all by himself should have spotted them coming and taken them out before they closed within 30 feet. 

No kidding, but we know no one in this show has ever been able to hear a gang of the UnDead crashing and shuffling through the woods. I guess TPTB never tried walking in the forest silently. It's extremely difficult even for someone skilled in silent tracking, but zombies? Yeah, I"m sure they're being very careful not to step on any twigs or smash into any trees.  And it also seems the walkers stop their moaning and growling when the plot calls for it.

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I somehow got the impression he'd never been with anyone but Lori, who probably just put up with him, and that his idea of being all crazy and daring in bed is leaving the lights on.  As for Michonne basking in happy afterglow at the prowess of Rick and his Mighty Python - well, a dry spell that lasts for years makes one very easy to please. I know whereof I speak.:(

• Love 3