Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The King, the Widow, and Rick

halgia
  • Start Topic

Carol, "Then you are stupid."  Thank you Carol.  Thank you Rosita for just shooting the guy, and not saying a damn thing.

As for the rest of the episode, shut up, shut up, shut up.

They actually did an episode where everybody, and their zombie would just not stop talking.  They even write long rambling letters to each other.

How many people have bailed now?  Because people are dying?  What the hell did they think was going to happen when they went to war?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 13

And AGAIN with the nonverbal Trash Pandas.   ? Just No.

Also, why is long haired asshole Savior still alive to mouth off, escape and be a general pain in the ass? He can go away with the TP.

Edited by Tesla
To add more complaints, I'm salty today
  • Love 10

I enjoyed that episode, especially the abbreviated monologuing courtesy of Rosita. Gregory crying as he went into the cage was classic. 

Rick, really, make an alliance with the same people who betrayed you and killed your people? Please wake up and join the real world.

Carol and Zeke need to have sex and release all that pent up tension.

Aaron looking good, but heading off with Enid on some stupid adventure.

The Saviors will never stop being annoying. They all need to die along with Jesus.

• Love 23

Carol was one of the few bright spots in the episode. Yes she should be leader. I have been saying that since Season 4.

Rosita and Michonne were not bad either. 

Jesus continues to suck. Don't care about him anymore.

The stuff with Carl felt like filler to me.

Dare I hope Rick had a plan? He had to know something would go wrong?

Still have trouble buying Maggie as a leader but at least she knows they may have to kill or use the Saviors.

• Love 17
Just now, minamurray78 said:

Did I miss the part where it was made obvious what was Rick's ulterior plan that required him sweating it up in the garbage village prison, or did he just get caught stupidly?

Hey now - after a long drawn-out battle, a storage container sauna might really hit the spot.

• Love 14

Ah, I felt like something has been off so far, but all is right in the world because Jadis and the Trash Hipsters are back!!!  Kidding, of course.  I continue to find them almost just as bad as fucking Negan and that's saying something.  And I really, really hope Rick is working some kind of angle, because if not, then he truly is a fucking idiot.

Hey, Michonne is back!  Well, not 100% though, which was clear after she and Rosita (who is also not at her best) almost got beaten by two mere Saviors, until Rosita blew one up with a rocket launcher (ha!), and then Daryl and Tara swooped in to take out the other one.

Maggie decides to not only keep the Savior prisoners in a homemade pin inside Hilltop, but tosses Gregory in there as well!  Hee!  I still think this is going to blow up in her face.  Hell, I can even see Gregory continue to skate by.  The dude is a cockroach.

Ezekiel seems to still be down for the count, so Carol might need to step up too.  And this show really has an obsession with having her team up with obnoxious kids.

Poor Jerry really doesn't know what to do besides guard his "kind."

What are Aaron and Enid up too?

Carl's made a new friend.  I think.  Not sure if I'm trusting this new guy.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

So the plan was for everybody at some point to say fuck it and run off to do their own thing while Rick got himself locked naked in the trash people's dumpster?  

Subtle as fuck, ain't it now?

• Love 4

Positives: Saddiq 

Gregory whining his way into a head injury during incarceration

Carol managing not to kill another child

The Speaker Savior's Regina George ending. 

Edited by Tesla
Saddiq, not Daddies, autocorrect.
  • Love 6

I want to throw things at the TV when the garbage pail kids are on. I hate them more than Negan and that's saying something.

I hope Morgan shows up soon and joins Tara, Daryl, Michonne and Rosita aka Team Don't Give a Fuck. I'd like to see him mow down those damn Savior prisoners and then double tap Jesus just for good measure.

At least this one had some good scenes with Carol and with Coral and his new friend. That scene with Carl and the walkers was actually tense.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I can't stop thinking about Carl. Was he bitten by that second walker that went for his ribcage? There was a lot of blood there and he seemed odd after. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

Hard to tell - too much dead cow on Carl's shirt.  Didn't see anything bite-shaped, though.

3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I can't stop thinking about Carl. Was he bitten by that second walker that went for his ribcage? There was a lot of blood there and he seemed odd after. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I didn't get that impression, but I've always thought that Carl is the only one 100% guaranteed to survive in the end.  He's John Connor.

• Love 9

Any episode with a crying Gregory and Rosita killing a Savior with a rocket launcher, saving us all from a boring monologue, followed by Daryl and Tara running over another Savior with a truck is an episode I can get behind. 

I swear though, if people in the real world acted like people in the Walking Dead do, I wouldn't be able to so much as buy some milk at the store without the cashier rambling to me for two hours about a time they saw a rabbit in their backyard.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Carol was one of the few bright spots in the episode. Yes she should be leader. I have been saying that since Season 4.

Having a single leader is really not the way to go IMO. The best idea they ever had was the council back in S4. Except they didn't take it to the next level they should have. They have people from different areas of life, some of whom specialize in certain things. Play to their strengths and use that as an advantage. If we are talking a single community with all possible players available. Abraham and Rosita as heads of fortification and security of the perimeter. Maggie as head of agriculture. Glenn as PR person and mediator. Rick as weapon trainer (I really don't know what else to give him). Eugene as head of technology to make the community more self-sufficient. Michonne and Carol for tactics and infiltration (if the latter is necessary). Carol could also give cooking lessons so people use all available resources and not just what they favor. Then assign people to them depending on their experience or if young enough you feel you need more people so they can be trained. And so on. Of course this only works if you have a functioning community inside walls. Out on the road that's different.

But the single leader system, especially if that leader is Rick, a big NO.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

The Savior with the speakers wasn't Regina.

Regina George being hit by a bus in Mean Girls is the reference I was going for.  

Edited by Tesla
Clarity
  • Love 9

Carl is driving me crazy. He always gets himself into the worst situations.

Was that a glue gun that Rosita found at first and threw when she was looking for a weapon? Glad she found the rocket launcher. She’s a badass.

If I had to guess, I’d say all the trashheads are about to die.

Edited by bow
  • Love 3
Just now, bow said:

If I had to guess, I’d say all the trashheads are about to die.

Please let this happen.  It's bad enough that Negan and long haired idiot Savior are still alive.  They could at least throw us a bone, and kill the trash morons.

• Love 22

I was jotting down my final thought for the live chat thread--that nothing in this episode advanced the plot--so I had to rewind to see the light glint off Rick's baby fine body hair.

I was wrong, I guess, in that they spent the last ten seconds teasing us with Rick's latest dilemma.  Oh, and introduced Siddiq.

The rocket launcher was a fun moment.  Nice to have Michonne back.  Jerry was adorable in his quilted courtier duds.  Satisfying to see Gregory score some lockup.  But really, did anything happen tonight that couldn't have been shown during five minutes in the next episode?  I'm feeling a little manipulated by how the writers are stringing us along this season.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, candall said:

I was wrong, I guess, in that they spent the last ten seconds teasing us with Rick's latest dilemma. 

I feel like someone had the bright idea to do a call back to the train car in Terminus and they literally wrote Rick's entire Trash Hipster storyline just to do an Easter Egg that will amount to nothing.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, festivus said:

I want to throw things at the TV when the garbage pail kids are on. I hate them more than Negan and that's saying something.

I hope Morgan shows up soon and joins Tara, Daryl, Michonne and Rosita aka Team Don't Give a Fuck. I'd like to see him mow down those damn Savior prisoners and then double tap Jesus just for good measure.

At least this one had some good scenes with Carol and with Coral and his new friend. That scene with Carl and the walkers was actually tense.

Morgan would be awesome on Team Don't Give a Fuck.  They could travel around, going against Rick's 'plan', killing Saviours and getting shit done.  Meanwhile, Rick is sitting in a shack in his BVDs.   I hope nobody is going to be forced to rescue Rick's sorry ass.  It would be a shame if ANOTHER worthwhile character got killed because of Rick's constant fuckery.

Someone should tell Jadis about the last sculptor that got near Rick.  Oh wait, he forgot her a second and a half after he got her killed.

• Love 6

I would totally watch a spin off where Darryl, Michonne, Tara, and Rosita just drove around wasting Saviors while everyone else just debated on what to do for hours. 

Jerry was wearing a super awesome outfit in that last scene with Carol. Jerry is, as always, the best. 

• Love 13

This episode was flat out boring. I expected more than what we got. A whole bunch of characters with nothing going on. All this episode was missing was the kitchen sink. If writers could have found a way to bring in the kitchen sink they would. 

You have Rick over with GPK, Carl with Siddiq, Michonne & Rosita being Charlie's Angels, Aaron, Enid, Jesus, Maggie, & Greg at Hilltop, Daryl & Tara joyriding, Carol, Jerry, Zeke, & the Kid at Hilltop and a baby on top of that. What was this episode trying to accomplish here? It was a hot ass mess served with shit. 

Poor Carol always saddled with a child. She gotta be tired of that.

BORING BORING EPISODE.

• Love 4

Given that I didn't understand a lot of the plan for a few episodes at the beginning of the season - and with the exception of the Kingdom being mowed down, which does happen to be a thing that happens during war, the plan seems to have largely worked so far IMO - I'm willing to believe that Rick getting captured by the Garbage Pail Kids is exactly what he expected and part of the plan. (Obviously, I could be wrong, but so far this season things have been revealed in retrospect.) 

When Jadis said "Talks too much" about Rick, my immediate thought was "And yet you'll willingly choose NEGAN? For reals???"

Michonne and Rosita being so self-indulgent as to need to "see" Sanctuary for themselves (an understandable human emotion but WAY TOO SELFISH for this universe) was almost entirely rectified by seeing a Savior being blown up by a rocket launcher before he could begin monologuing. I cheered.

I also cheered when Maggie threw Gregory in the prison. Well played, chica.

I want Saddiq to be good. I really do. We could use a few more good guys. And I continue to be amazed that over the last couple of seasons, Carl has gone for me from The Little Shithead Serial Killer Who Won't Stay Where He's Told and Can't He Fucking DIE Already? to a young man I actually root for.

• Love 14

It's so annoying that Carol is stuck playing Zeke's motivator. It's a waste of her talents. The Kingdom doesn't have any soldiers anymore anyway, except for One Woman Army Carol and Jerry. They either have to have Carol step up and play Queen or she goes to either Hilltop or ASZ. After the time out they gave her in S7 to remove her badassery from the chess board, they finally dusted her off to kick ass again (8.04). But it's over already? Carol sitting around giving speeches to Zeke is useless, have Jerry do that. There is a war going on, a war to win...why are we having one of our best soldiers not in the field?

• Love 7

I'm a ride-or-die Michonne fan but I have no idea what was up with her.  She wanted to drive all the way to the Sanctuary 'just to see it'?  More self-indulgence.  Michonne and Rosita are two of the best fighters (even if neither one of them can shoot worth a damn).  So they BOTH take off joy-riding.  Who is defending Alexandria?  Not Carl, because he's off in the woods interviewing Saddiq.  Is Judith being watched by RedShirt #63?

What makes it worse is that both Michonne and Rosita totally fucked up at the outpost.  Rosita lost her gun and Michonne got completely distracted and let the woman she was fighting get away.  If it wasn't for that rocket launcher AND Daryl and Tara, who knows how things would have turned out.

The steady dumbing down of Michonne really bothers me.  Michonne used to be the ultimate bad-ass.  She's the one who said 'my shit has always been together'.  Is fucking Rick turning her into a moron?  Is THAT what happened to Lori?  Is Gimple afraid that a strong Michonne would make Rick look weak?  Because Rick's doing that all on his own.  Rick is looking like a total idiot without any help from anyone.  Going to the trash heap to try and convince those assholes to switch sides is one of the stupidest things Rick has ever done and he's in the Stupid Hall of Fame.  What's the point of recruiting allies that you can't afford to trust?   Maggie's going working through that same issue with her prisoners.

I'm hoping that being a founding member of The Don't Give a Fuck club will help Michonne get her groove back.  It's a shame to see a great character diminished like this.

• Love 17

Please Rick, have some self respect and use that not so pretty head of yours! That vulgar garbage woman has already double crossed you twice and won't hesitate to sell you out again. Her betrayal almost got you, your son and your people all killed, and now you go back to beg for her allegiance again? Are you really that stupid and desperate?   

Edited by talktalk
  • Love 3

I don't understand Rick's intent on visiting GPK and want their allegiance. First Jadis can't speak in full sentence, one of the worst bargainer ever and double crossed him. Plus the stupid bitch keep saying she shot Rick when Rick told her numerous times that he was grazed. If Jadis' intention was to kill Rick in S7 finale then she's one stupid bitch cause she didn't hit him in any vital places.

Also why are GPK just milling about? Didn't at the end of S7 Negan told them and the Saviors that they're going to war. So why aren't the GPK doing anything? They're not out in the fields. Saviors & GPK don't even have walkie talkies to stay in communication with each other in case they need each other during the war.  I just don't understand this.

If Hilltop, ASZ, & Kingdom want to rebuild society & humanity then build it with people who haven't double crossed you, have some humanity left, and can speak in full sentences. 

• Love 9

For awhile there, I thought I was watching a documentary on the Civil War. Ah, letters from the battlefield: “My Darling Clara, the winter has been hard on the troops.  I miss you and our boys so terribly.”  At least Ken Burns could stand next to Daryl Dixon and for once in his life not have the worst hair in the room. 

Speaking of which, Jesus’ hair was looking mighty greasy when he was hanging out with “no angel” savior.  Has he been rubbing up against Daryl? 

For some reason, a bunch of supposedly hungry people didn’t dive right into their raw turnips.  Mm, raw turnip.  I hope they were unwashed too.

Didn’t longhaired savior lean in to grab someone’s gun?  Sure, knock him down but let him live.  That’ll show them.  I always love when they hold a gun close enough to someone that the person could easily grab it.  Fortunately for our hapless crew, the others are as incompetent as they are. 

Are the Garbage Pail Kids jealous that Daryl and company get their very own garbage truck?

3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Please let this happen.  It's bad enough that Negan and long haired idiot Savior are still alive.  They could at least throw us a bone, and kill the trash morons.

Please kill them all, show.  Pretty please with sugar on top!  I am hoping they die in a massive explosion while doing one of their ridiculous formations. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Please kill them all, show.  Pretty please with sugar on top!  I am hoping they die in a massive explosion while doing one of their ridiculous formations. 

Kind of like a post-apocalyptic Pompeii?  :>

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this in previous weeks, but the "Ride With Norman Reedus" commercials just knock me right out of the story.   Especially scenes of Reedus palling around with Jeffrey Dean Morgan.   It's bad enough that the story doesn't let me take Negan seriously but when you throw in  these commercials of JDM -- looking every bit like Negan -- yukking it up with Darryl, how can you possibly suspend disbelief anymore?   It's all a joke.

And speaking of commercials and stuff, will there ever come a day when we are rid of Kevin Smith?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7