Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E21: Live Top 11 Eliminations

• Start Topic

I'm starting to wonder if they have Janice's mic turned down too low. Her voice seemed to get lost during the Team Miley song. I'm cool with all the leopard print, but MAN! I HATE those bead-fringed shorts Miley is wearing. 

Oh, man...........I FELT Janice's performance of that Sia song. It was not technically perfect, but, there was so much emotion in it. 

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Love 4

Current team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam
Addison Agen (saved by America's vote)
Adam Cunningham (saved by Twitter vote)

Team Miley
Brooke Simpson (saved by America's vote)
Ashland Craft (saved by America's vote)

Team Jennifer
Davon Fleming (saved by America's vote)
Noah Mac (saved by America's vote)
Shi'Ann Jones (saved by America's vote)

Team Blake
Chloe Kohanski (saved by America's vote)
Red Marlow (saved by America's vote)
Keisha Renee (saved by America's vote)

Ladies and gentlemen, this is our top ten.

• Love 2

Aaaah bullshit!! Janice should still be here.  Damn her and Miley and her got me crying too.

I was surprised (and pissed) when they showed the Twitter graphic. It was such a big difference between her and Adam. 

I really thought Janice would be around for a while... and you know Miley did too.... All the judges did?

Edited by Valny
  • Love 12

Well, damn! :(

As Carson called the contestants back to safety one by one, I kept expecting (and hoping) Red would be left standing. Then, he was named safe and I assumed Ashleigh would be left standing. Then she was named safe and Shi'Ann seemed like the obvious choice. And when the Bottom 2 was announced, I thought it was a foregone conclusion Adam would be sent home. Sigh. I thought Janice was one of the more interesting contestants left, but I have to admit her performance of Chandelier was a bit of a mess (and I thought it had the potential to be a knockout when they announced the song choice). So I get it, but I'm still annoyed.

3 minutes ago, Valny said:

Aaaah bullshit!! Janice should still be here.  Damn and Miley and her got me crying too.

I was surprised (and pissed) when they showed the Twitter graphic. It was such a big difference between the two.

I really thought Janice would be around for a while... and you know Miley did too.

Yeah, I actually thought Janice would be the last one standing on Team Miley!

• Love 6

I'm not happy to lose Janice. I didn't think she would win, but I did think she could sneak through a few more weeks. Her voice was strained tonight and I wonder if that hurt her at all. I didn't think Adam was that good in his save performance or in Team Adam's performance. I thought Team Adam's whole performance was not good.

It's interesting that Shi'Ann isn't doing well on iTunes but is making it through. It reminds me of Aaliyah last season who also struggled with sales but made it to the finale. I don't really think Shi'Ann will make the finale unless her performances improve, but it's interesting to see that maybe some of the teens have fan bases that vote for free rather than purchase.

• Love 8

Well, after a fun results show last week, this one was the pits.

To start with, Chloe and Addison getting the first two saves wasn't surprising.  They were the top two on iTunes last night (but top two in the votes, too?  Not sure), so that was a no-brainer to not draw out suspense with them.

I really enjoyed Team Miley's performance!  There was such a large amount of team chemistry among them, and there was great energy!  Their voices went well together, though I do agree with @rollacoaster that, at times, Janice's voice seemed to get lost in them.

The montage of what goes on behind the scenes with the artists was cute.  It was fun to see what they thought of each other, though some thoughts of Adam and Shi'Ann might've been appreciated since most of the others were talked about.

More results.  Well, Brooke getting saved was no surprise, given that it's so obvious that she's got the support from the Native American audience.  Davon was also no surprise, since he charted very high last night.

Team Adam's performance . . . I wonder if Adam just plays his guitar to hide that he really can't sing as well as he thinks he can.  He does have an all right voice.  Don't get me wrong.  But one of the best in the music industry?  No.  Absolutely not.  Anyway, even Addison didn't sound as good as she normally does.  Oddly enough, Adam, who's usually terrible (and still is, to make that clear), sounded the best of the three, and even he still wasn't all that good.  The whole thing was really not that good at all.  So par for the course when it comes to almost any of Adam's team performances.

Next results.  Ugh!  Of course Red would be safe.  He charted in the top ten, his first super-high charting in a long time.  It was a given.  But I don't know who the hell is voting for him.  But yay!  Noah's safe!  Given the overzealous screams from girls and women in the audience, I suspect he'll be safe at least until the semifinals, so I'm not too worried about him.

Some reason for Jennifer to be in Blake's single?  Didn't see a reason for her being there.  The single itself wasn't that good, either.

Okay.  Last results before the bottom two is determined.  Actually very shocked to see Ashland get through.  I really thought that the hate for her getting through over Moriah was going to catch up with her.  Guess it'll have to happen in a different week.  Keisha, for now, is no surprise, but I still think that either next week or the week after, she'll be gone.  And finally, Shi'Ann is saved again.  You could tell that both she and Jennifer were shocked due to how low she'd charted.  She had better step it up, though.  The fact that she was called so late tells me that she's probably either gone next week or she'll be a bloodbath victim without getting the chance to sing for her life in the semifinals.

That means that Adam and Janice are the bottom two.  Adam isn't surprising, given that few people escape hitting the bottom after hitting it the previous week.  But Janice was mildly surprising, though I guess her performance last night wasn't good to some people, and she was likely hurt by going first.

As for the performances, I actually didn't think that Adam was all that good in his.  But Janice, while bold in going for Sia's "Chandelier," was probably a fair bit worse in hers.  But also, to respond to something below . . .

2 minutes ago, Valny said:

I was surprised (and pissed) when they showed the Twitter graphic. It was such a big difference between the two.

I think Blake putting the stamp of approval on Adam's Instant Save performance made all the difference here.  Once Blake approved of it, Adam's survival was a surefire possibility, and Janice was hot, buttered toast.  That was especially obvious due to the Twitter save results being shown throughout the final commercial break.

Adam made it out one more time, but if he hits the bottom three next week, he's gone if he's against someone remotely better than he is.  And sorry to lose Janice, but getting the death spot plus having a substandard Instant Save performance wasn't good for her.

23 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

It's interesting that Shi'Ann isn't doing well on iTunes but is making it through. It reminds me of Aaliyah last season who also struggled with sales but made it to the finale.

Aaliyah was dumped at the Playoffs.  Aliyah made it to the finale, and despite anyone's sentiment, undeservedly so.

• Love 2

Let's see.. early eliminated... African Americans/minorities or older or, as today, older African American.  Where was the suspense? You could make book on it.

Miley continues to surprise me at how beautiful and apparently sweet and caring she is with her team. She's one of the best coaches, imo. I'm sorry she's leaving.  (I was glad jh did the duet, for something different, but I wonder if the words were tripping her up. She seemed to be having some trouble off the chorus and I was surprised she had no solo).

I'm afraid Noah is going to win, American idol heartthrob style..  They're driving that so forcefully that I'm guessing the producers are hoping for a Jennifer win.  I think Miley will try to help Janice, so she may have some new opportunities ahead.

Blake's new song is better than "Honeybee" (or whatever it was). That's the best I can say.  It was very reminiscent of another fast paced, "You do the 9blank0 and I do that..." song, but I can't remember which one.  Divvying up naming the dog and the baby was original, though.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Team Adam's performance . . . I wonder if Adam just plays his guitar to hide that he really can't sing as well as he thinks he can.  He does have an all right voice.  Don't get me wrong.  But one of the best in the music industry?  No.  Absolutely not.  Anyway, even Addison didn't sound as good as she normally does.  Oddly enough, Adam, who's usually terrible (and still is, to make that clear), sounded the best of the three, and even he still wasn't all that good.  The whole thing was really not that good at all.  So par for the course when it comes to almost any of Adam's team performances.

Agreed, and it wasn't helped by Adam L's mugshot demeanor throughout the whole performance. One thing I appreciate about Miley is how generally exuberant she seemed to be singing with her team.

2 hours ago, Valny said:

Aaaah bullshit!! Janice should still be here.  Damn her and Miley and her got me crying too.

Pass the tissue box over here.

Awww, I enjoyed Blake's song. Maybe because I only really listen to country music on this show, and thought it was a sweet little love song. Agree about Jennifer seeming extraneous, although I thought her throwing a huge denim shirt (Blake's?) over her glamourwear was kind of cute. Then again, if they had used Miley that might have been kind of awkward as it was a love song about setting up a home and family together.

• Love 6

How bizarre that the voters apparently don't show up for Adam until he's on the line. I thought he should have been the one to go last week, and obviously, this week.  His talent to me is lesser than Top 10 -- though this is only my second season watching, so I guess I'm not that familiar with the talent level of the show.  He seems like a nice guy, but i don't enjoy his performances. To me, he's more of a Joe Cocker wannabe than a country artist.

I really dislike the sing-off at the end of the show, the Twitter voting, everything about the way that is executed. Whomever gets the least votes should be out.

I'm totally flummoxed and disappointed by Janice's ouster. She was my favorite and her performances always hold my attention (something I can't say for most of the others). I hope Miley and/or Jennifer will help her with her career. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I'm totally flummoxed and disappointed by Janice's ouster. She was my favorite and her performances always hold my attention (something I can't say for most of the others). I hope Miley and/or Jennifer will help her with her career.

AMEN!

• Love 2

One thing that I thought was particularly interesting is that Adam Levine did not tweet during the Voice Save to save his own contestant. I don’t remember him ever doing that before, but I wasn’t paying a lot of attention when he we talking last night so maybe he mentioned why he wasnt. Still though, it’s a little weird.

2 hours ago, loveoutloud said:

One thing that I thought was particularly interesting is that Adam Levine did not tweet during the Voice Save to save his own contestant. I don’t remember him ever doing that before, but I wasn’t paying a lot of attention when he we talking last night so maybe he mentioned why he wasnt. Still though, it’s a little weird.

His face was pretty expressionless when Adam was saved. I think he thought Janice was better.

• Love 5

I think this show has a lot of country music fans. The country singers always seem to get through. As for Janice, she absolutely did not belong in the bottom two. The fact that Shi’Ann made it through with her disastrous performance and Janice did not is a travesty. The only explanation I can think of is that Shi’Ann is young and cute. Janice deserved to at least make it to the top five. Very disappointing. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, gobabyglo said:

Who is voting for Shi'Ann????? Please stop!!

I think she's The Voice's answer to American Idol's Vote for the Worst because she is just awful.

I can't wait (sarcasm inserted) to see which song she'll butcher (and bleat through) next.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, gobabyglo said:

Who is voting for Shi'Ann????? Please stop!!

I for one am not voting for Shi'arrhea due to her runs.

For those who say Keisha shouldn't sing country, see Janice who is on her way home. 

I know Addison is one of TCOs, but she does nothing for me. She has a nice tone, but that's it.

• Love 1

Jesus God. Every single person on this show (including Blake and probably the crew!) sings better than Adam Levine. Please stop making him try to sing live! It's just embarrassing for everyone. When are we gonna get a man coach that can really REALLY sing?! 

• Love 3

Wh, oh why are Adam C and Red still here?  I can put up with Shi'Ann (although she's third from bottom on my list) if we got rid of these two oafs.

I can see why Blake likes Red, though.  I can totally see Red performing "I'll Name The Dogs" in that hokey, treacle-y voice of his.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Magic said:

Interestingly, Chloe is still number 1 on iTunes.  Addison has dropped to 7 which is still good.  But noteworthy that Chloe has remained number 1 and didn't drop immediately.

Chloe's dropped to No. 4, but Landslide has now been in the Top 100 for over a month and Time after Time is still hanging in there as well.

I was checking out Chloe's former band Cumberland Blue on YouTube.  Most of the videos are 2 or 3 years old and you can tell she's gained confidence as a performer since then.  But her vocals were always there.  I particularly liked their covers of Whole Lotta Love, Gimmie Shelter, Jolene, and Dreams, as well as their original blues song Invisible.  I would never thought of her doing Zepplin, but that was great.  Her solo at the 2:35 mark gave me goosebumps.  I'm really surprised she wasn't "discovered" before this.  No wonder The Voice invited her directly to the Blind Audition without having to go through all the previous audition process most others have to go through.

• Love 3

They are booting 2 next time.  I heard they are going from top 10 to top 8.  Adam C will probably have more trouble sticking around if he has to beat 2 other singers to do it.  I did notice that Adam sang first this time and Janice sang last.  They have finally changed it and not allowed Adam L's singers to get the final spot when going for the twitter save.  

2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

They are booting 2 next time.  I heard they are going from top 10 to top 8.  Adam C will probably have more trouble sticking around if he has to beat 2 other singers to do it.  I did notice that Adam sang first this time and Janice sang last.  They have finally changed it and not allowed Adam L's singers to get the final spot when going for the twitter save.  

They're going by alphabetical order of their first names now.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LakeGal said:

They have finally changed it and not allowed Adam L's singers to get the final spot when going for the twitter save.  

Unfortunately, that didn't help Janice.

I hope you're right about Adam C.  I don't like Red's "singing" but Adam C's numbers ruin some of my favorite songs.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, loveoutloud said:

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, Jillybean said:

His face was pretty expressionless when Adam was saved. I think he thought Janice was better.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, atlantaloves said:

Janice did everything right to get through and somehow didn't....she sang the hell out of that song, it was perfect. This show makes me sick...it's always about the red necked fat white man. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, JMarie99 said:

I think this show has a lot of country music fans. The country singers always seem to get through. As for Janice, she absolutely did not belong in the bottom two.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Kerri Okie said:

Damn. Janice?  What the hell, America?

What's really telling is that all of the other safe contestants tweeted for Janice to be saved.  Even Addison, who's on Adam's team.  Either Adam isn't as well-liked as it seems, or Janice was simply liked better among the cast.

• Love 4
On 11/29/2017 at 11:49 AM, Jillybean said:

I thought Adam looked disgusted that Janice got booted over Adam. Had their races been reversed with the exact same performances, Janice would have gotten the save and I think all 4 judges are well aware of that. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, pivot said:

I thought Adam looked disgusted that Janice got booted over Adam. Had their races been reversed with the exact same performances, Janice would have gotten the save and I think all 4 judges are well aware of that. 

That doesn't explain why Shi'ann keeps getting voted through, though.  If the Janice over Adam boot tells me anything, I think it's that the voting demographic for this show skews heavily towards country music fans, which also explains why Red is still in this thing. 

• Love 2