Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Season 16 Reunion Special

• Start Topic

I may be remembering this wrong, but wasn't there a clip of Shawn doing her consult during the "Models off Duty" challenge where she says "What about Crop pants" like it's a brand new earth-shattering idea, then the camera pulls back to show her client/model wearing *crop pants*

• Love 5
8 hours ago, lh25 said:

I may be remembering this wrong, but wasn't there a clip of Shawn doing her consult during the "Models off Duty" challenge where she says "What about Crop pants" like it's a brand new earth-shattering idea, then the camera pulls back to show her client/model wearing *crop pants*

Yes, first she told her model that she was planning to make a top similar to what the model was already wearing during their consultation so I was already like wait a minute there! Then pants came up and Shawn asked if the model would like crop pants instead and then we saw that she was wearing crop pants. I was almost expecting Shawn to get to the work room and ask the model to take her current outfit off so that Shawn could pattern them right then and there.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Special K said:

Do you guys remember this expose done, some years ago, of the actual measurements of Men's pants?  The Old Navy "36-inch waist" actually measured 41 inches!  Sheesh.

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a8386/pants-size-chart-090710/

I don't remember that but their sizing is all over the place.  They must have several companies making their jeans.  Why they wouldn't use just one to sew all of them makes no sense but neither does the odd sizing.   Their shirts vary at bit but not all that much.   

On 12/6/2017 at 0:27 PM, Special K said:

Do you guys remember this expose done, some years ago, of the actual measurements of Men's pants?  The Old Navy "36-inch waist" actually measured 41 inches!  Sheesh.

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a8386/pants-size-chart-090710/

I think with the explosion of online shopping, companies are going to be moving towards more standardized sizes or they are going to have tons of returns.

• Love 1

Sorry for the delay, but I just popped in to say thanks for the likes!  I got my very first "red label" comment in this forum!  I guess I should really thank Amy and the Vile Twins cuz that's what I was commenting on. 

• Love 8
On 12/2/2017 at 2:56 AM, amazingracefan said:
On 12/1/2017 at 11:38 PM, slothgirl said:

see below

I also thought I heard her say that people told her she was going to have to leave PR and "go to the United States"... which struck me as a very odd way to express it given that people from PR are American citizens, so many people from the US don't know that, and the combination of those 2 facts offends many PR's. Obviously it technically isn't a "state", but do PR's not consider the territory to be part of the US?

It's an unincorporated territory, they pay most US taxes but not federal personal income tax.  They can't actually vote for a president unless they move to the US from what I read elsewhere.  I'm a complete outsider to all this but it's interesting to read how some countries still have territories that aren't fully incorporated into them.  It's quite complicated, but for a more detailed view of some of the limitations they have read this

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-06/is-puerto-rico-part-of-u-s-that-s-complicated-quicktake-q-a

It's definitely a somewhat complicated political relationship, but I also think that Puerto Ricans often say things like that in the same way that people who live in the outer boroughs of New York City refer to going into Manhattan as "going into the city."  Of course people in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island live in NYC (the taxes alone would be enough to clue you in, LOL) but still you hear it all the time.

• Love 4
On 12/5/2017 at 1:58 PM, Qoass said:

And I know y'all are going to hate me for this but I was frequently put off by Kentaro's whimsy. He 's a year older than Kenya and if she went bouncing around the room with her hands to her cheeks like that, we would have the knives out.

I didn't really mind that, I think he was a character.  I think some accept it because he's from a different culture to most here as well, maybe he's trying to ape some Japanese kawaii.  I think he, like all the other designers there, did have an ego, and shouldn't be above criticism.  As a winner I think it's pretty easy to be magnanimous and people are more likely to support someone who won as well.  But I'd rather he won rather than Ayana or Brandon.

Different views I think are great, and can add to discussion if reasonable.  'Likes' are easy to be had if you follow what people want to hear and don't stick your neck out on something, but I don't see them as a major reason for posting, I'm more into discussion.  Nobody should care whether they have a crowd of followers giving them likes or not.

• Love 2
On 12/4/2017 at 1:43 PM, holly4755 said:

Everybody is not a size 2 - I do have to point out that I have a young niece who wanted to wear some of my vintage clothes but she is a size 0 some number I never was near. but she tried on a size 10 dress I had and it fit her perfectly. methinks sizes have grown over 40 years or so. This could also explain why a size 12 Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 according to her labels and is being displayed on size 6 dress forms. 

When I weighed 105-110 lbs (at 5'5") in the early-mid 90's (size 0-2, BMI of about 18, and definitely underweight), my mother's clothes and wedding dress from the 1950's fit me perfectly. They were labeled sizes 8 & 10.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree on Amy. She's very calm and focused. You can tell she takes no shit in class. Good on her. Tim can be so sentimental, it was nice to see someone get tough.

I really liked Amy this season and was very happy to see that designers thought she was underappreciated. I liked a lot of her designs.

And yes to all people suggesting Amy to be on the show. Till I saw this thought by @Pepper Mostly I wasn't sure how to explain what she would bring, but that's perfect. There needs to be a "bad cop" to Tim's fatherly sentimental opinions. Someone who is knowledgeable, straight forward and takes no BS. Michael Kors would fit that bill, but he's too big for this role. Amy is perfect IMO.

• Love 11

I really enjoyed this season, and even enjoyed loathing the twins (it has just finished in Sweden - it showed every day). Just wanted to say that I think there is a big difference between sort-of-copying from memory, like Kenley's McQueen wedding dress, or some mid-field girl a couple of seasons back who basically re-made a Malene Birger collection for her audition pieces, and taking clothes with you to exactly duplicate with the aid of a tape-measure and notes. The former gets you booted for lack of originality, but the latter gets you expelled in shame with a damaged reputation. 

Thank you all for your forum contributions, even with a month other so delay - ?

• Love 10
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Lurifax said:

I really enjoyed this season, and even enjoyed loathing the twins (it has just finished in Sweden - it showed every day). Just wanted to say that I think there is a big difference between sort-of-copying from memory, like Kenley's McQueen wedding dress, or some mid-field girl a couple of seasons back who basically re-made a Malene Birger collection for her audition pieces, and taking clothes with you to exactly duplicate with the aid of a tape-measure and notes. The former gets you booted for lack of originality, but the latter gets you expelled in shame with a damaged reputation. 

Thank you all for your forum contributions, even with a month other so delay - ?

Looking forward to All-Stars? It begins next month here in the States! They're really scratchin' for talent; bringing back multiple designers who've already participated in AS in the past like Casanova and Helen! At least Ari gets a 2nd chance after being eliminated in the 1st challenge a few years ago AS3! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Runway_All_Stars_(season_6) -

Edited by Fiero425

At least Ari gets a 2nd chance after being eliminated in the 1st challenge a few years ago AS3!

Ari used to be Andy South and I think he finished really high in his season. 

As for the new AS.... Oy vey... so many people I am not a fan of: Helen, Joshua McKinley, Ken Lawrence, Anthony Williams. They are really scraping the bottom for these people. 

• Love 1