Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Season 16 Reunion Special

• Start Topic

I was wondering last Friday why I couldn't see it anywhere, I had to check the air dates to verify it wasn't on this week.  I don't think it makes much sense having a two week break, they'll just get a smaller audience as some of them will have moved on by then.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I was wondering last Friday why I couldn't see it anywhere, I had to check the air dates to verify it wasn't on this week.  I don't think it makes much sense having a two week break, they'll just get a smaller audience as some of them will have moved on by then.

It's because the date it should have aired fell on Thanksgiving night, possibly making it more difficult for a substantial portion of their audience to watch it, because they'd be: 1) watching football, 2) spending time with their families away from home 3) passed out on the sofa after their Thanksgiving meal, 4) getting a head start on Black Friday shopping Thanksgiving night, or 5) traveling back home after the festivities.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

Anyone else think that Claire would have been better off just keeping quiet?

Yes because she looked like a fool changing her story and no one, including Tim, was buying it. 

I liked the Kentaro comedy montage. And him and Brandon dressed in kimonos. 

It seemed like Amy was running the reunion at times. 

It was great that they had different sized models this season but it’s not like P.R. was the first to do this. What about Ashley Graham and Emme from back in the day? 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

Anyone else think that Claire would have been better off just keeping quiet?

I honestly think they both would have been better served if they had just answered the bare minimum, and especially about the measuring tape had just acknowledged it was an unfortunate situation and that would have been enough.  Girls, sometimes less is more. 

It was a decent enough reunion, and I'm glad that some of the other designers had pointed out Amy's designs, as I quite liked hers.  

Did they have a notice for Wendy?  I might have missed it.   

• Love 12

So was Claire now denying that she used the tape measure in the hotel room/apartment?  (I liked how Tim used both terms, so she couldn't say, "You asked about the apartment, not the hotel room" or somesuch.)  I was confused, but it sounded like she was saying she had it in the hotel room, but used it in the bathroom of the workroom.  Of course, merely having it in the hotel room was a violation of the rules, but she may have been Lance Armstronging it.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was confused, but it sounded like she was saying she had it in the hotel room, but used it in the bathroom of the workroom.  Of course, merely having it in the hotel room was a violation of the rules, but she may have been Lance Armstronging it.

Yeah, she seemed to be saying she thought Tim was asking her two separate questions "did you have a tape measure in the apartments" yes, technically I did because it got shoved into my pocket. "did you use it to measure clothes" yes (in the workroom). I could understand to a degree, but she flat out said she measured a tank top she had back in the apartments so... 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, weightyghost said:

Yeah, she seemed to be saying she thought Tim was asking her two separate questions "did you have a tape measure in the apartments" yes, technically I did because it got shoved into my pocket. "did you use it to measure clothes" yes (in the workroom). I could understand to a degree, but she flat out said she measured a tank top she had back in the apartments so... 

Ah, I forgot about the tank top--I don't know why because it was rather memorable when someone said back during the season, "If you have to measure a tank top..."

• Love 9

Twins: "blah, blah, I am so misunderstood, blah..." STFU ... you're making it worse, and nobody even wants to hear it. Especially the viewing audience.

Kenya: "Enough of this... it's become the Claire and Shawn show... time to move on!" or whatever exactly she said to shut the whole thing down. Best contribution to the entire special. It's what we were all thinking all season. THANK YOU!

Everyone: "What? People talk snark about me in their talking heads? I mean, I know I talk snark, but others said critical things about me?" Uh... yeah. they do.. haven't you ever watched the show?

They all seem surprised by the talking head reveals. When is the reunion filmed? Are they not allowed to watch the show as it airs in broadcast?

And I'm SO over the fiction of "I didn't make it to fashion week"... We all know that more people made it to fashion week than are shown on tv. Seriously. WE ALL KNOW THIS!!!! .. PR, could you just stop with this nonsense? 

Oh, and PR.. you seriously need a 2nd place prize of some sort. Cause, damn... watching that "2nd placers" short special really hits home how lame the final results often are.

• Love 13

My favorite Tim-ism:  "[Swatch] looks like a baked potato "  Did I hear that right??

And I greatly appreciate everyone else shutting down Claire's attempt to gaslight her cheating.

Edited by msburg
  • Love 16

God Claire is such a bitch. Every time there was a wide shot of the whole group, Claire was always looking off to the side, or straight ahead or at her feet with a pained fake smile on her face. It was so obvious she wanted nothing to do with the reunion.

• Love 19

I thought Amy coulda used a chill pill. We get it, you hate Claire. She seemed way too wrapped up in taking Claire down. I'm sure it's frustrating to know the truth and listen to someone flat out lie, but everyone knows Claire's lying and she got kicked off, so IMO Amy could have done some of that mouth shutting too.

• Love 20

Kentaro is both a humble and gracious winner.  He says he learned from everyone.  Margarita on the other hand learned...to just keep on doing what she was already doing. 

If I were to see Brandon walking down the street looking like he did on the reunion I would be looking for his band of followers behind him because he looked like the leader of some new wave cult.  He seems like a nice guy though.

Kenya seems like she is still pissed off about her boot prior to Fashion Week.  She isn't super fashion forward but she is more than capable of making nice designs for real people and there is probably more of a market for that than the other.  Her FW collection was actually very nice and I am sorry that she didn't have the opportunity to get more publicity for that from the opportunity to have it shown on TV. 

Tim Gunn and Nina still showing how truly inclusive they are by being condescending to the larger than size 4-6 girls.   Oooh...Nina is going to put two of the bigger gilrs in a digital feature...how about making bigger girls part of show in every print edition.  

The twins and the measuring tape...my take is that no one actually saw or knew for sure that there was any measuring going on.  It looks like someone (Margarita?) had a suspicion, made it known mainly because she didn't like them, and it paid off.  That doesn't mean that I buy what the twins are selling, but the accusation seems to have been made without any real proof and there is something wrong with that too.  

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, ichbin said:

The twins and the measuring tape...my take is that no one actually saw or knew for sure that there was any measuring going on.  It looks like someone (Margarita?) had a suspicion, made it known mainly because she didn't like them, and it paid off.  That doesn't mean that I buy what the twins are selling, but the accusation seems to have been made without any real proof and there is something wrong with that too.  

From what i recall from someone’s(?) exit interview, more than one designer came forward about the twins and the cheating and it seemed to be held off for the producer-driven timing. Heidi’s not that good an actress. It was very clear it was all directed to happen, with Michael’s walkoff, Margarita joining him, etc. 

The accusation didn’t come out of nowhere and fact is, no matter that Claire is changing her story now, she outright said she measured two garments with the measuring tape and said so to Tim and in front of all the other designers. She can’t backpedal that. 

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, ichbin said:

If I were to see Brandon walking down the street looking like he did on the reunion I would be looking for his band of followers behind him because he looked like the leader of some new wave cult. 

I very much agree he’s a nice guy, but I so wished for whatever poop related critique Michael Kors would give his outfit. 

• Love 15

Yeah, watching some of the clips from previous seasons, I miss Michael Kors.  He had so many great comments, yet so snarkable from our viewpoint.  Great TV.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, suzyq8017 said:

I very much agree he’s a nice guy, but I so wished for whatever poop related critique Michael Kors would give his outfit. 

Oh my Brandon.  He was trying so very hard with his look for the reunion.  The dye job, the lacing, the white socks with white sandals (that I quite seriously thought were elf shoes until I could see them closer in high def), along with the very French braids.  And I hate to judge on appearance, but he needs to take better care of his skin!  It does not read young 24 year old guy.

I was happy Kenya brought her scarf along for the reunion and told the story.  I knew there had to be one since we saw it all season long. 

Edited by msburg
  • Love 17

Liris would look nicer if she kept her mouth closed sometimes.  It's always kind of hanging open.

I LOVED the drama of the reunion.  I was looking forward to it and it delivered.  I loved it.

I'm still sad about Michael being kicked off.  And that guy, I don't even know his name with the crazy-coloured outfit (mostly pink, had "too much stuff" on it) who got kicked off early -- I never disliked that outfit and I wish he could have stayed.  That face he had when he got kicked off still breaks my heart into a million pieces.

21 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

Was a little jarring seeing Kentaro's very humble comments getting back a slew of "I should have won" sore loser-y. Generous of him to say "We kind of helped each other" when all the footage I recall is Brandon asking for help from him, not the other way around.

I agree with you.  I thought the comments from most of the top 5 were a bit distasteful.

It was kind of alarming watching the whole season back though.  The judges rarely liked Kentaro's stuff, liked ALL of Brandon's and liked Ayana's a lot.  (Shrug and grin)  Oh well.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, msburg said:

that I quite seriously though were elf shoes until I could see them closer in high def

Me too!  I could have sworn they were shoes with toes that curled up when I first saw them.

• Love 9

This was a fun reunion.

I second Tim's comments.  This was one of my more favorite seasons of the show.  Great camaraderie (post-twins) and diversity and talent among all of the top 5 designers.  I loved the plus-size model thing.  I didn't really even think much about it pretty quickly.  It just seemed normal.

I was glad to hear all the nice remarks about Amy.  I think she was taken off guard with the show and didn't really know how to navigate.  I'm guessing she was a far better designer than what we were able to see.  I recall liking her work, anyway.  But, she may be more in the teacher zone.  Hard to say.

I was also happy to see people hug the twins at the end.  They aren't bad people - just out of their element.  I find them oddly interesting.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I thought Amy coulda used a chill pill. We get it, you hate Claire. She seemed way too wrapped up in taking Claire down. I'm sure it's frustrating to know the truth and listen to someone flat out lie, but everyone knows Claire's lying and she got kicked off, so IMO Amy could have done some of that mouth shutting too.

This.

There is something very off-putting about her personality. Kenya and Margarita are not shy about expressing their feelings, but they aren't as smug and judge-y as Amy. Her attitude is irksome.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, nb360 said:

Sorry, but I LOVED seeing the models, especially the curvy ones and hope I see them again, on this show and elsewhere. It felt  SO GOOD  to see non-size-4 or 6 women on tv.  Represent!

Agree! I really grew to love the models this season. People can say what they want about Liris - I think she is stunning and has that diva attitude in the best way. I would love to see them all again next season, unless they move on to bigger and better things, in which case, good for them! 

• Love 21

Brandon's French braids and  stupid homeless elf outfit- just no. And I am done with the twins and their bullshit.

Edited to say I am also done with Shawn's weird-ass cleavage. Just wrong for someone of her age.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 16

What really summed up the twins' heinous attitude was when Tim was showing the clips of Kentaro being funny. Everyone else was laughing and in the background, you could see Claire looking angry with her brow furrowed.

What the fuck was up with Brandon's outfit? Did he just eat a bowl of chili right before the reunion and then smear the grease left over in the bowl all over his shirt?

And his hair! I guess part of his aesthetic is "6 year old going to soccer practice."

Ugh, one the twins were brought on stage, I almost turned off this episode because I did not miss them, their loud voices, or their overenunciation at all.

For me the difference between Claire and Shawn working together vs Brandon and Kentaro working together is (1) Claire and Shawn came into the competition as an established team, knowing that they could rely on each other before they even arrived, whereas Kentaro and Brandon just happened to click upon meeting each other and they asked each other for advice and opinions in a way that we have seen other contestants do in past seasons and (2) as much as Kentaro and Brandon asked for each other's opinions, they would have been able to send completed garments down the runway if they had been sent to separate workrooms or if they had been told not to speak to each other all day. Claire did so much of Shawn's sewing that I don't think she would have lasted more than a week or two on her own.

On a shallow note, I hate that dark unblended blush and the thick dark fake eyelashes that both the twins insist on wearing all the time. I still remember reading a description in Sassy magazine of someone "whacking blush" on their bare cheeks (I'm pretty sure they were complaining about Debbie Gibson as usual) and that's what I think of whenever I see the twins. It's that horrible 80s look where girls would just put way too much dark blush on without blending it, mistakenly believing that it made their cheekbones look good and not realizing that it just looked like dark streaks on the sides of their faces.

The twins' word vomit on MeasuringTapeGate (the look on Batani's and Kudzanai's faces when the camera cut to the other designers in the middle of this was hilarious):

Claire: That entire situation for me was a blur. I literally felt an onslaught of negativity of things that were coming my way. It happened so fast that I don't feel I was able to articulate and adequately express my side of the story.

Tim: This is your opportunity. What is your side of the story?

Claire: So yes, I admitted to having a measuring tape. I had absentmindedly taken it home one day from the work room because come on, things happen. You have late nights. Things get misplaced. They get put in pockets. And things come home.

Amy: Yes, but then they get returned to the workroom the next day if you do something accidentally and even if you don't return it, you don't use it.

Tim: That's exactly right. You said to me you were using it.

Claire: I was being accused of having the measuring tape but also of knocking off all of my designs.

Tim: Yes, using the measuring tape.

Claire: I didn't initially make the connection that that's what they were saying.

Amy: That's irrelevant. If a kid hides a textbook underneath a table to read it during a test, that's still cheating even if they don't use it, which you didn't need it which is the saddest thing about all of this.

Shawn: Amy, I'm sorry, but were you in the presence of Claire with said measuring tape? NO.

Tim: Wait one minute. On camera, Claire says to me that she used it to measure garments in the apartment.

Claire: I measured garments in the workroom, in the workroom bathroom-

Amy: That's not what you said when I said, "Do you have a tape measure?"

Claire: My God, how many questions were being thrown at me at once?

Amy: You know the truth. You either tell the truth or you don't. There's no confusion in that. You seem to be backpedaling a little bit.

Tim: Claire, I'm going to ask a question. Did you have a measuring tape in your apartment/hotel?

Claire: Yes, at one time I had-

Tim: Just yes.

Claire: Yes.

Tim: And did you use it?

Claire: I used [pauses, closes eyes, looks away]

Tim: Just yes or no. Did you use it?

Claire: No.

Deyonte:  Wow.

Margarita: I don't think you're telling the truth. Me and Batani lived in your room-

Amy: You don't need to provide evidence for someone who's already confessed and is now pretending like she didn't confess.

Margarita: You're right.

Amy: In your exit interview, you said you were regretful and you actually looked like you had a lot of integrity and we all kind of went oh, that was terrible that that went down and now that's not what's happening. It's a little surprising.

Tim: Claire, you made a confession in the designers' lounge and that's what I responded to. You said it yourself. We didn't need to go find anything. You said it.

Claire: I answered the question that I thought that I had heard, and the question was, "Did you have a measuring tape?" and I said yes because at one time I had brought a measuring tape home absentmindedly. You asked if I had taken measurements of clothing and I had said yes because I had taken measurements of clothing in the bathroom in the workroom.

Kenya: I'm confused.

Sentell: I have a question. Did you or did you not go against the rules and if so, do you apologize about that? Because I think this is your opportunity to kind of say, "You know what? I feel sorry. I apologize. It was against the rules. And you know what? It was bad judgment and it shouldn't have been done."

Claire: I know that this competition lends itself to extreme anxiety and paranoia.

Amy: This is such a waste of time.

Kenya: This has turned into the Claire and Shawn show. They're never going to own it.

Claire: What will be will be and...

Shawn: Let it lay.

Claire: Let it lie.

Margarita: That was a whole lot of nothing.

Shawn: Let's move on, Tim.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 24