Type keyword(s) to search

Property Brothers At Home: Drew's Honeymoon House - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I tuned into the first episode because I was intrigued about what the house looked like pre-reno. I only half watched from there and then paid attention again at the reveal of the finished first floor rooms. I may have missed some things but it sounded like the recurring excuse for removing original items from the house will be, “it couldn’t be repaired/salvaged.”  But the real reason is they simply didn’t like the style and don’t want to catch flack for it. For example, the staircase dowels. Also, I was very surprised they removed the top half of the fireplace. Does anyone have an eye for whether or not that looked to be original? Did they cop to the fact that the house was not “untouched since the 1920’s”? Because some of that wallpaper and carpet would give that statement away in a heartbeat.

Wonder why the girlfriends are finally being revealed now after keeping them hidden for all these years? People are so over the moon about these guys, I would think it may cause some lost viewers. Ha!

I thought the house was absolutely gorgeous and I liked the decorating in the office and living room. I’ll be curious to see how it progresses! 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Wonder why the girlfriends are finally being revealed now after keeping them hidden for all these years? People are so over the moon about these guys, I would think it may cause some lost viewers. Ha!

Only among the gay men who were secretly hoping that Drew was actually gay.

• Love 2

Does watching Jonathan hanging out in the middle of Drew and Linda's new lives together seem inappropriate to anyone else?  I know it's a "Property Brothers" show, but, boundaries dude!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Frost said:

Does watching Jonathan hanging out in the middle of Drew and Linda's new lives together seem inappropriate to anyone else?  I know it's a "Property Brothers" show, but, boundaries dude!

But they’re twins! Don’t they already have an atypical bond?

On 11/26/2017 at 10:49 AM, Kiki620 said:

Linda was part of one of the family shows before. Maybe the one where they renovated the grandfather’s house? Jonathan’s gf seems more casual. 

Seems like a lovely lady and they also seem to be totally in love.  She's been around quite a while so it's not just a passing thing.  She also seems very comfortable with family. I wish them luck.

She certainly seems tiny next to him! I wonder how tall she is.

Edited by Kohola3
spelling
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2017 at 8:28 AM, Kohola3 said:

Seems like a lovely lady and they also seem to be totally in love.  She's been around quite a while so it's not just a passing thing.  She also seems very comfortable with family. I wish them luck.

She certainly seems tiny next to him! I wonder how tall she is.

Drew is 6'4" and Jonathan is 6'5"  or vice versa (what does an inch matter in this case LOL)

On 11/27/2017 at 11:15 AM, XrystalPond said:

I think it's in Los Angeles somewhere. 

I'm thinking the Hancock Park area

I  did like they broke away from their normal look/style

ETA  - One downside, because the show is being sponsored by Joss and Main....it has that look/style

I'd be curious if the ID is still the same.

Edited by sheetmoss

You can add a basement to a house? Consider me impressed. It seemed like a pain-staking, expensive job. But I suppose they can afford it. 

Ugghh! I hate shelves filled with just knick-knacks. No one likes regular books? I hate knick-knacks, period. They get all dusty and serve no real purpose. A basket, a box, or even a vase can hold something. But a decorative gold star or a silver chicken? What a waste of material.   

• Love 5

I loved the tile in the master bathroom.  You can tell that ain't cheapy stuff from The Home Depot.  I would not necessarily want a bathroom that large though. I know/assume they will have a cleaning service, but still, all that space just to showcase a tub that probably won't get used that often.  I love a big shower, but would want it closer to the vanities.

Her craft room is cute, but didn't look super practical. I don't craft myself, but I've seen rooms where you have all the supplies on various shelves, ribbon holders, machinery (whatever crafters use), etc.  All I really saw was the round table and the dressers/drawers on the wallpaper wall.

Taking off the ivy the way they did seemed pretty risky. I'd be afraid of pulling the entire house down!

11 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I’m calling it now.  All that time spent on the craft room, and she’s pregnant within a year. 

Well it' been finished for awhile and they aren' getting married until May so they will still get use put of it. I ffd a lot was that the only room to be a nursey?

She said something about being able to use it as a nursery, but I think there are other bedrooms, so I would use a different bedroom for the nursery.  Is the craft room the closest bedroom to the master?  I forget.  If they were smart they would have mapped all of that out and kept a room closest to the master for the nursery.

• Love 1

Wow. This is an elaborate—and no doubt, expensive—renovation. Lifting the entire house in order to expand the basement? A two story addition to the house? Sheesh. It looks nice, thought. And I like Linda’s family. The Scott parents are nice, too  

On 12/7/2017 at 10:10 AM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Her craft room is cute, but didn't look super practical. I don't craft myself, but I've seen rooms where you have all the supplies on various shelves, ribbon holders, machinery (whatever crafters use), etc.  All I really saw was the round table and the dressers/drawers on the wallpaper wall.

That table was huge! I’d want a little more space to walk in my craft room. 

The craft room was one of the ugliest rooms I have ever seen. The wallpaper was hideous! I haven't watched Property Brothers for a few years, and assume that Linda does not do any decorating in the show? My sister in law has a craft room and it looks just like you would expect a craft room to look like. And nothing like Linda's. I liked Drew's comment about the wallpaper - that Linda gets all the credit for it. I am pretty sure what he really meant was that she gets all the blame. 

The whole house to me looks like a stager on steroids decorated it. I have nothing against knickknacks, etc. I have them myself but they are from places we have traveled, and all have some meaning to us. They are not there just to be there. Though they said all the shelves etc. were there for things they have collected, most of the house to me looked like a staging company emptied out their warehouse and set up shop in Drew and Linda's house. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Though they said all the shelves etc. were there for things they have collected, most of the house to me looked like a staging company emptied out their warehouse and set up shop in Drew and Linda's house. 

That's because the show is sponsored by Joss and Main who is staging the house for the show, I imagine the furniture and accessories will look significantly different when Drew and Linda actually move in. 

• Love 2
On 12/14/2017 at 9:36 PM, ByaNose said:

The Jack & Jill green tile bathroom was ugly. There was too much green tile.  I don’t think that color would ever occur to me for a bathroom. 

Yeah. Not a fan. But is was better than the neon-green tile Jonathan used for the graphic.

My favorite part of this episode was watching Drew scale the wooden frame of the house. The rest was a little boring.

But I guess that’s because I’ve been blown away every week—e.g. the basement extension  and the 2-story addition.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:58 PM, Mu Shu said:

Yuck.  Ripped up the original floors and put down ugly dark ones.  Painted the existing wood work gray.  Ugly bathroom wallpaper and fugly gold fixtures. 

They certainly did a back slide on what they wanted to keep from the original condition of the house.  Ripping out the original floors and putting in those ugly new ones along with the new wrought iron balusters on the steps was a crime along with using termite damage damage as an excuse.  Really - they are in the reno business and didn't have the house inspected before they moved in.  Also thought that the wallpaper in downstairs bathroom didn't look art deco to me.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:36 PM, ByaNose said:

The Jack & Jill green tile bathroom was ugly. There was too much green tile.  I don’t think that color would ever occur to me for a bathroom. 

While I love green and the colour might have worked for me, it didn't with all the other contrasting patterns/colours. I find many rooms in the house way overdone and too busy for my liking. And a sponsor may be staging the house, but if all the crap and clutter is an example of their products I would be steering clear of their store. I would love to see the end product with Drew and Linda's decor, rather than the stager on steriods version. 

I hope Drew has invited the former owner back to the house to see the finished product (if she is interested). I found the scene where she is in the driveway and they are presenting her with the old stove rather awkward. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

I really like Linda she makes Drew tolerable. You know the family loves her more than Jonathan's boring ass girlfriend.

I really hate the look of the back facade of the house, it just doesn't seem to fit with the house. I did like the different outdoor spaces and so glad they gor rid of those fugly railings on the front of the housea and it looked good.

The pool was too short for my taste but i like to swim lapa which I guess a lot of people don't do, I wonder what Drew was smoking when he said it was massive.

The landscape designer looks so much like a friend of it was distracting. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2017 at 1:39 AM, biakbiak said:

I really like Linda she makes Drew tolerable. You know the family loves her more than Jonathan's boring ass girlfriend.

I really hate the look of the back facade of the house, it just doesn't seem to fit with the house. I did like the different outdoor spaces and so glad they gor rid of those fugly railings on the front of the housea and it looked good.

The pool was too short for my taste but i like to swim lapa which I guess a lot of people don't do, I wonder what Drew was smoking when he said it was massive.

The landscape designer looks so much like a friend of it was distracting. 

I liked the backyard, but that rooftop deck? Could they squeeze anymore furniture up there? I know they had to feature a lot of Joss and ? Stuff to satisfy the sponsor, but Jeez! I couldn’t really see any of it because it was all jammed together. 

I liked the new wrought-iron fence and noticed that also installed a locked gate with a keypad. To keep the stalker fans away, I guess. 

I liked this home design, probably because they were remodeling a home they’d actually live in, not sell.

I can't imagine installing a basement in California. There's a reason we don't have them and I think they mentioned that. The overall cost of the reno must have been massive. It would have been less expensive to tear it down and build a replica, but they couldn't even if they wanted to. I like the interior decor they do for clients much more than the stuff they do for themselves. I didn't like the Las Vegas house either.

I thought the built-in seating in the pool was stupid. How could you possibly swim in the pool with that? I didn't care very much for the rooftop deck. I bet their neighbors really like that. Say goodbye to their backyard privacy. This is a pretty upscale area of Los Angeles. I read that the house cost them $2.3m. then add on the cost of the reno.

• Love 2

This show kinda soured me on the Property Brothers.  I'm not a huge fan by any means, but I've watched their Brother v. Brother show, and the Las Vegas house episode, and will watch the various PB shows when it's on...but they were just too much in this show.  Drew and Linda were always so constantly "on" it was annoying, and it was like Jonathan had to ramp all that up too to match them.  It was all just tiring.  Plus, the house just was a little too much...everything.  It didn't look like a comfortable place to live, more a model home or something used to sell other houses in the development.

I know this is a conceit for the show and they didn't hid it much, but why couldn't we watch the reno from start to finish and not have to do the kitchen from start to finish in one episode?  It was silly when we're seeing things in the 5th episode that happened at the start of the whole project.  Also, the whole "we're having a party in 12 weeks and have to finish by then" was stupid.  Finish the house, and then have a party.  Is that so hard to schedule?

• Love 3

I liked the front door better before it was redone. I liked the wrought iron which was removed, and I thought the dark brown made the door entrance look too dark and gloomy. Is a rooftop deck a thing in LA? It seemed silly to me. Are guests going to be going from the top deck down to the back yard, and back up again? Like the rest of the house, there is way too much clutter to know what it actually looks like.

I thought the pool, due to its size, was a lap pool. But then seeing the seating added, and the fact that only appears to be waist deep, I am not sure why it is there. Another waste of money, IMO. 

I agree with the poster above who found the combo of Drew, Jonathan and Linda annoying. The constant need to be always on was not entertaining. If the three of them are normally that hyper, yikes! 

• Love 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that all the Joss & Main stuff went right back into the boxes as soon as the cameras went off. Hopefully, they also got some more comfortable furniture for the living room, because that stuff certainly didn’t scream “Flop on me to watch a football game.”

• Love 2
(edited)

Did anyone watch their special on TLC about the wedding? Good god it was boring. The only thing of note is that Jonathan broke up with his girlfriend some time between the filming of the Honeymoon House show and the wedding. 

Edited by biakbiak

All I can say is...JD really needs a haircut! 

I also thought Drew had invited his DWTS partner to the wedding, so a bit disappointed not to see Emma & Sasha.

(edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 7:18 PM, biakbiak said:

Did anyone watch their special on TLC about the wedding? Good god it was boring. The only thing of note is that Jonathan broke up with his girlfriend some time between the filming of the Honeymoon House show and the wedding. 

Wow, you're right, I barely even noticed that she wasn't there. I liked Linda's ceremony dress. It was really pretty and definitely suited her. I ddn't care for the forest green bridesmaids dresses or the green suit jackets the men had at the reception. 

Do you suppose all those people paid to fly to Italy for a week for the wedding? Maybe the Scotts paid for them and they were all written off as a business expense since they made a show about it. It still seemed like a lot of people for a destination wedding.

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 1

I got so annoyed with the ANGST over whether Papa Scott would be able to make the wedding in Italy. I'm going to hope it was played up for this, but there's a really easy way to get around that--don't get married in Italy.

Oh I hate her dress. It was so ugly.

I'm not a big Linda fan (pun not intended). She seems like she's trying so hard all the time to be cute and quirky and fun. It was sweet that both her dad and his dad walked her down the aisle though. And I love his mom; her sobbing during the vows was adorable.

I keep forgetting that Drew and Jonathan went to school in a suburb about half an hour from me. I recognized a couple of the teachers that were at the welcome dinner, which was disconcerting.

That dress was ugly, and it was waaay too much dress for her tiny figure.  Secondly, from what I saw she also clomped around in it like a farmhand - there was no grace of movement.  Finally, she seems like a nice person, but I sincerely hope that we've seen the last of her for a while.