Type keyword(s) to search

Take Two - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It almost always ends up as "they will," and the chase is always dragged out way too long. Tiresome, indeed.

This show obviously isn’t going to last but that’s why I was sort of surprised that they had the friends with benefits bow out so early and point out that he was attracted to her.

I hope the show can pop back up next summer, its fun for a light summer show. 

Enjoyed the case of the week, it was pretty interesting, and the twists and turns were entertaining. Although, I knew it was the brother as soon as we saw him at the funeral. When he started talking how he would take care of his brothers family, I was like "there we go, we got us a motive!" and I was totally right. Ah well, it was a fun ride. 

I still love the lady cop who is Eddies friend with benefits. She has a lot going on, I kind of want to see what she is up to more often.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I always thought Castle should have had Rick and Kate married right from the start. My fantasy pilot would have had you finding out they were married at the end of the pilot, like finding out that the Furillo and Davenport were a couple in Hill Street Blues. It would have eliminated the “Will they or won’t they” that shows seem to think that viewers like, but I find tiresome. 

I actually thought that Castle got the balance right (at least up until the failed wedding) in the sense that they didn't insist on too much sexual tension at the expense of getting to know each other. Maybe I am viewing it through rose-coloured glasses and forgetting all the times they were forced into tight spaces to whisper lewd double entendres, but although I hated the finale I was very well-pleased with middle Castle. 

Otherwise I don't dislike the idea of starting with an established couple. Or for Take Two if they hadn't made cop girlfriend relinquish any claim so easily -- she and Eddie could stay together and Sam could see other people and we could still have an interesting dynamic of law enforcement people not knowing what to expect from her.

• Love 1
(edited)

@shapeshifter & @tennisgurl: To further expound on the stereotypes of Cozy mysteries, I've discovered a series, although, I have yet to actually see one of the movies of this series and have no clue WHERE to actually see one of these movies except to pay for it on iTunes.  The series is called Aurora Teagarden Mysteries, and actually has a LOT of actors who I've seen in other shows and liked, predominantly Canadian.  If you've wondered where your actor has gotten up to lately you may find them in this series.  Here is where the stereotype comes in as the description of the series is very plain and direct:

ABOUT AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: THE DISAPPEARING GAME

Crime-solving librarian Aurora Teagarden (Cameron Bure) leaps headfirst into Lawrenceton’s latest murder investigation when her nephew Phillip (Dylan Sloane) and his college roommate go missing after the roommate’s girlfriend is found dead. Enlisting the help of her Real Murders pals, and the handsome college professor Nick Miller (Niall Matter) who just moved in across the street from her, Roe uncovers a kidnapping plot gone awry. Starring Candace Cameron Bure and Marilu Henner, Lexa Doig, I think even Teryl Rothery is in this one.

Though a small town at heart, Lawrenceton, Georgia, has its dark side-and crime buffs. One of whom is librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a member of the Real Murders Club, which meets once a month to analyze famous cases. It's a harmless pastime-until the night she finds a member killed in a manner that eerily resembles the crime the club was about to discuss. And as other brutal "copycat" killings follow, Roe will have to uncover the person behind the terrifying game, one that casts all the members of Real Murders, herself included, as prime suspects-or potential victims.

The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: The Disappearing Game

Hmm, I checked and this series of movies air on the Hallmark Channel,

Edited by Jacks-Son
Discovered that the series airs on the Hallmark Channel
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

ABOUT AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: THE DISAPPEARING GAME

My mom LOVES the Aurora Teagarden mysteries on the Hallmark Mystery channel! The whole channel in general is on at my parents house almost every time I come home to visit. Those are classic cozies. 

On 7/22/2018 at 1:14 PM, Thomas Crown said:

ABC had 2 decent replacements for Castle in the last couple of years in the short lived series "Forever" and most recently "Deception".   The cancellation of "Forever" after only 1 season was the most disappointing to me as I really enjoyed that one.

Thomas Crown, I too, enjoyed both these shows and was upset at losing them after only a single season. "Forever" had just revealed the big secret to Alana De La Garza's character, Jo Matinez, that Henry Morgan couldn't die.  This introduces syfy/fantasy into the genre and continued the prestigious path set out in "Forever Knight", "Blood Ties", "Dresden", & "Moonlight".  Suddenly, these rather tame series, took a darker turn. 

• Love 1

I also like Christine, the lady cop. She's smart, accepting and a much better match for Eddie than Sam.  Sometimes the character that sneaks up on you is a much better relationship than the one who is written in the pilot.

I'm disappointed that the villain was the Best Known Guest Actor.  Castle has a way of avoiding that trope but this show seems to have fallen into that pit.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:26 AM, TWP said:

I'm not sure why Niall Matter is considered such a big deal.  I've never even seen him before.  From IMDB, it appears he does a lot of Hallmark Channel-type TV? 

Known for sci fi shows like Eureka and Primeval: New World. Well known enough as an actor that Remedy ended the major ship when he came on so that he could be the lead's new love interest and younger star and severely hurt the show. IMO

Because my work involved administering psychological tests and know what goes into making one, I hated Monica's subplot of making a test that has zero validity or reliability as far as we know.  I pretty much think Monica is a waste of a character entirely though.

• Love 2
(edited)

Original air date: 2018.07.26

From thetvdb.com:

Bounty hunter Piper Mannox shows up at Valetik Investigations asking Eddie and Sam for help to find an escaped prisoner who killed a guard on his way to freedom. Eddie is hesitant to work with Piper again due to their tumultuous past and her lack of moral code. However, with his cop connections, her experience finding fugitives and a quarter million dollar reward, it makes it difficult for Eddie and Sam to deny the case. Meanwhile, Sam feels a strong connection to Piper and turns into her biggest fan but soon discovers Piper’s not all she seems to be. Elsewhere, Monica and Berto partner up to help Eddie and Sam with the case

Edited by shapeshifter
On 7/24/2018 at 9:20 PM, Jacks-Son said:

This introduces syfy/fantasy into the genre and continued the prestigious path set out in "Forever Knight"

Ah, Forever Knight. Loved it. Well, the first two seasons, anyway. Season 3...eh.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Well known enough as an actor that Remedy ended the major ship when he came on so that he could be the lead's new love interest and younger star and severely hurt the show. IMO

Wait, that was the allegedly hot doctor who supplanted adorable Brendan Gall as the doctor sister's boyfriend? I did not recognize him here (but in fairness I stopped watching Remedy because of him). I certainly didn't recognize the actor's name.

I enjoyed this one a helluva lot. The case was interesting and twisted. There were a whole lot of double dealings and secret agendas that were surprisingly unforeseen, at least for me.  The bar scene with the career criminal who was a “Hot Pursuit” fan and had a tat of Sam was kind of lame and silly but it gave her a win, so it was all good. I must admit, I must have re-watched the puppet scene about 5 times, it was hilarious and well-acted. Rachel Bilson voicing the the puppet and teasing Eddie got a good chuckle out of me.

I never figured Monica to have low-self-esteem issues, she always seems so super-confident. She claimed she has trouble figuring people out, I would think it’s just the opposite, so I don’t buy that attempt to sort of humanize her.

I’ve never noticed it before, but when did Rachel Bilson get credit for Producer of the show, not even EP, which is a title given to stars of a show to attract networks? Is she actually helping finance the show?

• Love 2

Okay.  From what I understood, EP's are titles given to stars of the show used to entice investors and network bigwigs who need to sign off on projects.  I thought Producers were gathered to provide some funding, I guess that clarifies titles for me.  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

Did we know that the show was moving back to 10? 

I think the 8PM time slot was a one-off, don't know why.  

TVLine Items: Take Two on the Move, Mad Men Vet Joins CW Drama and More

TVLine Items: Take Two on the Move, Mad Men Vet Joins CW Drama and More

By Vlada Gelman / July 13 2018, 12:22 PM PDT

Take Two‘s Rachel Bilson and Eddie Cibrian will be on the case two hours earlier: Starting with next Thursday’s episode, the ABC detective procedural will air at 8/7c.

RELATED:  ABC’s Take Two Premiere: Grade It!

The series — from Castle executive producers Andrew W. Marlowe and Terri Edda Miller — stars Cibrian as a lone-wolf private investigator who partners up with a fresh-out-of-rehab actress (Bilson).

Next week’s installment features a mini Castle reunion, with guest star Seamus Dever (aka Castle detective Kevin Ryan) as a distraught husband and father who turns to the P.I. duo to help stop a hitman from fulfilling a contract.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:34 PM, shapeshifter said:

One bit that I thought came off as insulting to the viewers' intelligence was when Sam and Eddie were using the belt and bra to snag the gun outside the cage because "leather and cloth don't conduct electricity!" Were we supposed to assume that during the commercial break they gnawed off the metal eyelets, hooks, buckles, and underwires?

True, not to mention that during the commercial break, Sam, ahem, grew a cup or two.  Rachel Bilson does NOT appear to be a 'C' cup, despite what she said. I have observed that somethings have changed, but NOT that.

2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Okay.  From what I understood, EP's are titles given to stars of the show used to entice investors and network bigwigs who need to sign off on projects.  I thought Producers were gathered to provide some funding, I guess that clarifies titles for me.  Thanks.

I think the most often scenario is that they are vanity credits for the actors to get them to agree to sign on. Investors want stars attached to act in the project, but I don't know if they care about the star being a producer, unless that star has writing/directing experience.

On 7/22/2018 at 3:14 PM, Thomas Crown said:

"Moonlighting" and "Remington Steele" are my two favourites from the tv couples crime solving genre along with "Lois and Clark" from the 90s.  

In the last aired episode, "The Devil You Know," the bounty hunter says to Eddie: "Has business gotten that good since you teamed up with Remington Steele - that you don't need the money?"

Yawn. I fell asleep during this one too many times to count. Too many red herring characters, and the two most important to the plot never appeared on screen (Alex and Sierra). 
I agree, @Jacks-Son, the opening puppet bit and the scene with the bar thug fan (with the tattoo of Sam on his arm) were fun, but it was all downhill for me after that.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:35 AM, Jacks-Son said:

The bar scene with the career criminal who was a “Hot Pursuit” fan and had a tat of Sam was kind of lame and silly but it gave her a win, so it was all good.

I liked how Sam was simultaneously flattered and a bit grossed out by the tattoo. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked how Sam was simultaneously flattered and a bit grossed out by the tattoo. 

I think the fact that it was an extremely "detailed" tattoo with her wearing a bikini was kind of disturbing to her. I can't (or I won't) imagine a bunch of prisoners sitting around and looking at the tattoo on his arm.  Gross!  However, Isn't it sort of the same picture as the poster, the thieving kid (who stole her ex's laptop with the sex tape) had on his bedroom wall?

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

"Moonlighting" and "Remington Steele" are my two favourites from the tv couples crime solving genre along with "Lois and Clark" from the 90s.

Having never seen "Moonlighting" nor "Remington Steele, I may have to do a binge watch on them for reference.  Are they terribly dated?  I watched "Wonder Woman" (Lynda Carter on DVD, never having seen the original) and MacGyver on some streaming channel) and both were so outdated I couldn't watch any episodes past the pilot.  I did watch "Lois and Clark", my favorite Superman series, and loved everything but the ridiculous frogs, and the ending.

(edited)

I remember Remington Steele. I loved that show when I was younger. I don't think I watched it live. I think I watched the reruns when it was syndicated. I don't remember much about it apart from the fact that I liked it, so I can't say how dated it is. It had a great cast with Pierce Brosnan, Stephanie Zimbalist, and Doris Roberts. I also watched Scarecrow and Mrs. King and I think Hunter. I'm not sure about the name of the second one. 

Apparently I liked detective/investigator shows back in my youth. Take Two is the only show like that I watch now, and that's probably because it's a summer show. I've never been into the law and orders etc. 

Edited by Stuffy
22 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

I also watched Scarecrow and Mrs. King

I did a binge watch of this about 4-5 years ago. I think I enjoyed it. There are SO many of these types shows that I've never watched. I preferred SciFi, fantasy, and spy shows and never bothered with shows outside those genres, hence never saw a single episode of any of the L & O series and similar shows. No M.A.S.H., Cheers, Friends, Seinfeld, The Shield, The Wire, OZ, Agatha Christie, Monk, or Psyche.  If it was popular and not SciFi or Fantasy, I didn't watch it.  In fact, I didn't watch modern television until my son asked me to watch Smallville (The WB) with him. I believe the show was followed by Angel (in the time slot).  I became curious about Angel, which led me to Buffy, which started this whole Retro binge-watch habit.  Sorry, TMI. At least it helps me remember things and keeps my memory fresh.  :=)

• Love 2
On 7/26/2018 at 9:57 PM, SomeTameGazelle said:

Wait, that was the allegedly hot doctor who supplanted adorable Brendan Gall as the doctor sister's boyfriend? I did not recognize him here (but in fairness I stopped watching Remedy because of him). I certainly didn't recognize the actor's name.

Yeah, that's him. He's a decent actor (I really liked him on Eureka and rooted for him to get the girl on Arctic Air) but the Remedy show runner seemed to be awestruck because he was hired and wrote out the other ship (which I agree was adorable) so he could be the jerk who wooed and won the doctor sister. That was the main reason I didn't mind when the show got cancelled although the first season I thought it was the best medical show on TV.

He was underused here but Seamus Dever made up for it.

(edited)
On 7/15/2018 at 2:07 AM, Jacks-Son said:

See, this is what throws me off, to me, despite the age difference, they have chemistry [snip]  Age is just more than a number, I know, but age has a certain maturity level, that if not comparable, with your partner can be a deterrence.  I see why you may have trouble seeing Eddie with Sam. Yet, while Monica and Berto may be closer in age, I see there is a maturity level difference between them. Maybe Eddie is just a kid at heart? He was rather playful with Sam when he teased her in her pizza costume, speaking to her using a mock Italian accent. 

In real life, Bilson is almost 37.  That's a negligible age difference between her and Cibrian.  My problem is that she plays Sam like a 17 year old, bouncy like a puppy but much more naive and less grounded than even Castle was.

Maybe Eddie is a kid at heart (Castle was) but still an adult while Sam seems like a kid period.  That's why the romance between them seems  forced to me.

(Sam and O'Neill on Stargate SG-1 totally made sense. Even Daniel and Vala because she carried a lot of pain to balance her child-like reactions.)

Edited by statsgirl
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

(Sam and O'Neill on Stargate SG-1 totally made sense. Even Daniel and Vala because she carried a lot of pain to balance her child-like reactions.)

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger. Sam and O'Neill were textbook "Love of my life".  They were actually together on the DL in the series, they just kept their relationship super secret because he was her commanding officer.  Their secret was revealed when Pete asked her to marry him and she couldn't because she loved O'Neill.  Daniel and Vala are an extremely sore subject for me because I absolutely refused to believe that Stargate would bring in my favorite Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran) only to pair her with Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) :=(. To make matters worse, they brought in my Avatar, Cameron Mitchell (Ben Browder) to team with her as teammates ONLY, knowing full well Cam and Vala belonged together. ("Bounty", S10, E15) Heresy.

Eddie Cibrian graduated from High School when Rachel Bilson was born.  Been there, done that, it wasn't pretty. Tastes in music can lead to ugly revelations. Admittedly, Sam and Eddie are an unlikely pair, but I still like their chemistry despite her maturity level on the show.  I think that's intentionally done, to make the pairing seem so impossible. Some of the very TV couples most talked about were deemed unlikely. Damon and Elena?  WTF???

On 7/27/2018 at 7:32 PM, Jacks-Son said:

True, not to mention that during the commercial break, Sam, ahem, grew a cup or two.  Rachel Bilson does NOT appear to be a 'C' cup, despite what she said. I have observed that somethings have changed, but NOT that.

Sam said "I think that gun takes more of a C cup," meaning that she is not a C cup (i.e. her bra wasn't the right size to hook the gun).

• Love 2

I thought she said the it takes MORE than a “C” cup.  Implying her bra was a “C” but it wasn’t enough.  My bad. I thought girl was giving herself the benefit of the doubt or as Producer, taking executive license with the writing.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like this show - it’s Castle feel and the cases are really fun but I just can’t get onboard the “he loves her and she loves him” thing..... personally I see more natural chemistry between him and the detective they work with!?!  

Will definitely keep watching but I hope Marlowe and Co realise that they are only gonna hit the chemistry jackpot probably once in their careers and stop forcing something that isn’t there.... it’s a very watchable show otherwise!! 

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I thought she said the it takes MORE than a “C” cup.  Implying her bra was a “C” but it wasn’t enough.  My bad. I thought girl was giving herself the benefit of the doubt or as Producer, taking executive license with the writing.

She said it very quickly, but it was definitely "more OF" and not "more THAN".

(edited)

I agree on the lack of chemistry.  The lead characters are way better as teasing friends. 

My only comment on this episode is that Sam in the leather didn't look like Olivia Newton John in Grease, she looked more like Marie Osmond, if she were in Grease.  I was trying to figure out why Rachel Bilson looked so familiar, then last night while watching the ep I figured it out.  Rachel could pass for an Osmond.

I still love this show. The twists get a little silly and the actors aren't as charismatic as in Castle, but it's all fun. I'm in for the long haul.  I hope it gets another summer.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 3

“About Last Night” – When Sam and Eddie wake up in bed together, naked, and with no memory of the previous night, they can’t help but wonder what did or didn’t happen. But when they discover that the whole previous day is a complete blank, they begin to suspect that they were purposely drugged. The mystery deepens when, back at the office, a client they have no recollection of meeting returns to thank them for helping her recover her lost dog. Working with what little information they have, along with Berto and Monica’s help, the pair attempt to reconstruct their lost day, only to discover that there’s a lot more at stake than a missing dog. Meanwhile, Sam fears that while drugged she may have broken her sobriety, on “Take Two,” THURSDAY, AUG. 2 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

When Sam and Eddie wake up in bed together with no memory of the previous day, they begin to suspect that they were drugged; Sam fears she may have broken her sobriety.

That's what she's worried about? Actually, that could be kind of refreshing. I hate it on sanitized shows when friends get drunk and pass out and then wake up in bed together and don't know if they had sex. There are so many physical clues. Sex is messy. So it would be refreshing if it's obvious to them that nothing happened. 

• Love 2

I can accept that she was most concerned about having broken her sobriety. That was a hard fought-for hundred days.  If they had sex, there's always the morning after pill and antibiotics, it's an easier fix than drinking again.

I liked this episode, and I liked the ending where they decided that there was some things that was better not to know.   Surprisingly in an episode in which they are teasing Eddie and Sam having slept together, it was the least forcing them together.

It's interesting to see Jewel Staite all grown up from Space Cases and Da vinci's Inquest.  With her, Stephen Lobo and a number of other actors, I guess this episode was proof that the series is shot in Vancouver. 

The worst part of the show for me continues to be Monica and her Fake Psychology. Please make it stop.

• Love 4

I am glad they are being more sexy, maybe it will improve the ratings. I was thinking Sam was upset about the drinking because it might violate her probation, but it seems she wants to stay sober for personal growth. I thought Police Woman told Eddie that she didn't want to see him anymore because he was falling for Sam, yet that phone call seemed like they didn't break up. I wonder if the episodes are being shown out of order?

Sam has been working hard on her sobriety, so I'm not surprised that was her first concern. Her probation is connected to it, for one thing, and she's also making a genuine effort to change her life.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The worst part of the show for me continues to be Monica and her Fake Psychology. Please make it stop.

I know. It's really tiresome, especially because she's so smug.

I loved the look Sam made when she peeked under the sheets at Eddie's junk.

Everyone was pretty blasé about the FBI drugging Sam and Eddie.

• Love 3

I thought her sponsors advice that she needed to find out exactly what happened was complete and total bullshit and not something people working the program would advise. To not try to look for an excuse sire but that wasn’t what she said.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's interesting to see Jewel Staite all grown up from Space Cases and Da vinci's Inquest.  With her, Stephen Lobo and a number of other actors, I guess this episode was proof that the series is shot in Vancouver.

I'm not familiar with her past projects, so I'll have to look them up.  For me, she'll always be Kaylee from "Firefly".

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved the look Sam made when she peeked under the sheets at Eddie's junk.

Her look was like, "Hmm... not bad". :-)  Not fair, she looked, but stopped Eddie short by telling him, "Believe me, we're naked!"  

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought Police Woman told Eddie that she didn't want to see him anymore because he was falling for Sam, yet that phone call seemed like they didn't break up.

Did I miss an episode, when did Christine tell Eddie that she didn't want to see him anymore because he was falling for Sam? The subsequent phone call was made because he trusted her with the safety of the vial. (Which I don't see the agency ever letting out of their sight) Also, Sam seemed familiar with Eddie's surprisingly rather large apt. by running into some room to get a shirt.  I wonder how she knew she would find a shirt in that room (bedroom?), was she in his place before?  Was that his bedroom? I thought they woke up in his bedroom.  

I agree with the posters up thread, why is the first question always, "Did we.....?".  Her answer, of course, was self-boasting, "you'll know if we did!".  I agree, not the self-boasting, girl, don't act like you're a tigress, anybody would know. Again, sex is self-evident.  Your body will tell you if you had sex, well, it should anyway.

Love Monica, despite the psychobabble,  I can ignore that because she's so easy on the eyes.  Berto, is such a dork. He does anything she asks.  Let's bet, $50.00, bet me. 

Lost in all the "did they, or didn't they" debate, it was never clear to me HOW they got into those compromising positions, situations.  The being naked and wet in the Uber (or whatever) was explained. What was not explained was her laying her head on his shoulder in the cab, nor their kiss in the bar, nor the drink in her hand, Did Agent Kaylee use hypnotic suggestion on them, to confuse the situation?  If so, she's good. Even bringing in Trevor to see if they remembered. In case, she wants to work with them again (Despite how nice a return Kaylee appearance would be, why would they want to work with her again, after what she did to them).

So, we assume, Sam and Eddie, got undressed and in bed and snuggled of their own volition?  I can work with that, as witnessed by his facial caress in the decontamination shower.

This is actually the first time I felt some chemistry between Eddie and Christine. I can see them as FWB, that works also.

Good Ep, it's a keeper!

• Love 1

I have been enjoying this pleasant summer show; it is a weekly diversion that I look forward to. I am enjoying the nuances of eddie’s character. His amusement / bemusement is kind of fun. 

The show reminds me a bit of Private Eyes (celeb teams up with experienced PI; hijinks ensue.)

I am not sure why they were kissing in the cafe, but I think everything from getting drenched and naked forward was due to being drugged. I think? They were drugged, naked and groggy (thanks to the fbi)  in the cab, so Sam slumped against Eddie, and then they got to his place and collapsed (or more) in his bed. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

So, we assume, Sam and Eddie, got undressed and in bed and snuggled of their own volition?  I can work with that, as witnessed by his facial caress in the decontamination shower.

They got undressed for the decontamination shower and took the Uber back to Eddie's place naked. That was the film Monica couldn't stop watching. I assume that since they were drugged, they just fell into bed to sleep as soon as they got to his place. Or maybe they didn't.

3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Did I miss an episode, when did Christine tell Eddie that she didn't want to see him anymore because he was falling for Sam? The subsequent phone call was made because he trusted her with the safety of the vial. (Which I don't see the agency ever letting out of their sight) Also, Sam seemed familiar with Eddie's surprisingly rather large apt. by running into some room to get a shirt.  I wonder how she knew she would find a shirt in that room (bedroom?), was she in his place before?  Was that his bedroom? I thought they woke up in his bedroom.  

At the end of the last (?) episode Christine said something about him falling for Sam. In this episode, he arranged with her to go for drinks and stood her up because by that time he was drugged.

I don't see why Sam had to run into another room to find a shirt since presumably Eddie's bed is in his bedroom but the choreography of them moving around was pretty and I assume that's why it was done.  Just as the picture of them kissing at the bar was done to show the drink in her hand (who keeps holding a drink while they're seriously kissing?) so that she would worry that she had relapsed. It's not good to look too closely at some things on this show.

4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Did I miss an episode, when did Christine tell Eddie that she didn't want to see him anymore because he was falling for Sam?

I may have over interpreted Christine's feelings when this exchange occurred in episode 4 "Ex's and Oh's".

Christine: When do I get the computer with all the evidence on it?
Eddie: You know, why don't I personally deliver it to your apartment later? To ensure the proper chain of custody?
(Christine doesn't seem to be too interested in Eddie's advances). 

Eddie: That's a long pause.

Christine: Eddie, I know what was on that laptop. Who you were trying to protect. Why you go to the lengths you do. This thing we have works because we care about each other and we've always been honest.
Eddie: Mm. It'll stay that way.
Christine: How can you be honest with me, when you're not even being honest with yourself?
Eddie: About what?
Christine: You are so good at getting the big picture, except when you're in it. I was watching you with Sam today. She brings out something in you, a lightness I haven't seen in a long time.
Eddie: Chris, there's nothing going on between Sam and me.
Christine: Maybe there should be. All I'm saying is, don't rule it out. Hmm?
(Not sure if Eddie and Christine have hooked up after that scene).

Edited by AnimeMania
Added some bold text for easier reading
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They got undressed for the decontamination shower and took the Uber back to Eddie's place naked. That was the film Monica couldn't stop watching. I assume that since they were drugged, they just fell into bed to sleep as soon as they got to his place. Or maybe they didn't.

Ooookaay, they both got out of an Uber wet and naked and went to Eddie’s apartment and used his what? (Smile - no pants, no car keys, yet car was parked at his house?) to open a locked door or keyless entry while severely impaired and crawled into bed.  This was all caught on a removal dash cam for Monica’s pleasure?  With Berto asking her to stop replaying the film and NOT sitting there with her eating popcorn.  And you think I shouldn’t look too closely at that? Me thinks FBI Kaylee had a lot more fun than she was letting on.

I vaguely remember Christine suggesting that perhaps Eddie should revise his opinion and feelings for Sam and to stop making dates with her and not keeping them. That’s not the same as I don’t want to see you anymore because you’re falling for Sam. Even Eddie doesn’t know how he feels about Sam. Conclusion, fun episode, huge fanwank.

32 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

to open a locked door or keyless entry while severely impaired and crawled into bed. 

Two words:  Retina scan.  Do you think a PI like Eddie would rely on keys? ;-).  Besides, he can pick ANY lock, so there's that.   Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but I think they might have addressed all of your concerns with a basic "how the hell did that happen" hand wave.  But I'm not sure.

The second that you try and make some sense of this show, it falls to pieces.  It's not for thinking, it's for sitting back and laughing. ;-).

I wasn't as impressed with this episode.  When they try  and get this duo together, I cringe.   I'm pretty sure the robot in the original Lost in Space seies had more chemistry with Will Robinson.  This couple is even more robotic.   And what would their couple name be?  Saddie? ha-ha.  See? Nothing about them as a couple works ;-).  I'm rooting for each of them with somebody else.   Where's Gina and Dr. Motorcycle Boy when you need them (Castle reference for those who don't know).

Edited by TWP
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

may have over interpreted Christine's feelings when this exchange occurred in episode 4 "Ex's and Oh's".

Yeah I didn’t think she meant hey were going to stop being friends but maybe take a break on being friends with benefits.

6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Again, sex is self-evident.  Your body will tell you if you had sex, well, it should anyway.

Or else you're not doing it right. Heh.

1 hour ago, TWP said:

Besides, he can pick ANY lock, so there's that.  

But can Eddie pick a lock without his pants on?

Edited by shapeshifter