Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

To me, the difference is in the intent behind it.  To me, Heather never did it to make other people feel less than and she was also legitimately wealthy.  She loved her champagne and I think she was kind of tickled by the idea of a champs button in her closet.  Whereas Peggy is doing it more of a "Look at me!  Look at me!" (which, IMO, comes from insecurity and probably faking the wealth).  It is just disingenuine coming from Peggy. 

Sorry, I disagree. I always saw Heather as saying "look at me, I am so rich, don't you wish you were me?" Sorry, just my opinion.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 13

Heather had to one-up Shannon the first time she ever entered Shannon's home by contending "well, they had to go back into the mountain to get MORE marble for our construction."

She started talking about Alexis's ring to Lydia about ten minutes after introductions and parsing whether or not it was a facsimile.

Heather made an entire storyline out of constructing a grotesquerie the size of a hotel. She even price checked cabinetry on camera. Disguising her advertisements of expense and wealth as complaints ("Collette was an unexpected development after we'd already constructed our house and the children need more space now") is just a form of humblebragging. Didn't she even price itemize her salon-grade sink, which simply was a non-negotiable on her must-have list?

Not sure why/how Peggy hosting an event related to her husband's business is more egregious, especially in the context of a show that's predicated on conspicuous consumption. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Is this the first time recently  in the OC that didn't have any guests for he reunion?

I think you are right. He has had Brooks, Briana or Terry on the last few years. LOL 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

To me, the difference is in the intent behind it.  To me, Heather never did it to make other people feel less than and she was also legitimately wealthy.  She loved her champagne and I think she was kind of tickled by the idea of a champs button in her closet.  Whereas Peggy is doing it more of a "Look at me!  Look at me!" (which, IMO, comes from insecurity and probably faking the wealth).  It is just disingenuine coming from Peggy. 

Yeah, I’ve always thought that Terry and Heather work for their wealth, and I enjoy watching Heather spend it.

Dicko and Peggy are carpetbaggers.  Like that tacky ass woman Slade Smiley was trying to snooze to make a connection with the cubic zirconia studded wheels.   Or like Jimbo Bellino, bringing home tacky ass jewelry from the pawn shop for Alexis to show off.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Yeah, I’ve always thought that Terry and Heather work for their wealth, and I enjoy watching Heather spend it.

Dicko and Peggy are carpetbaggers.  Like that tacky ass woman Slade Smiley was trying to snooze to make a connection with the cubic zirconia studded wheels.   Or like Jimbo Bellino, bringing home tacky ass jewelry from the pawn shop for Alexis to show off.

What do you mean by carpetbaggers?

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Carpetbaggers are shifty ass opportunists. 

Gotcha.

I wonder why AC did not address the fact that those two were possibly homophobic (his only pet peeves) and might not even be married at all.

this year sucked but the reunion took the cake. The fake reconciliation at the end, has convinced me to stop watching.

The same is happening with the Atlanta Hoes, it is fake, contrived and more importantly boring.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Gotcha.

I wonder why AC did not address the fact that those two were possibly homophobic (his only pet peeves) and might not even be married at all.

this year sucked but the reunion took the cake. The fake reconciliation at the end, has convinced me to stop watching.

The same is happening with the Atlanta Hoes, it is fake, contrived and more importantly boring.

Well , Vicki is absolutely homophobic, and it looks like her nasty crusty ass will be back, so I guess you can’t exactly call them out for rumored homophobia.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Andy let a lot of Peggy's stuff slide at the reunion because he had no intention of having her back for season 13.

Peggy is such an insufferable snore my guess is she quit and contractually was obligated to do the Reunion.  I am surprised they didn't have Dicko make an appearance-he so wanted to have an orange.  Andy should have at least asked about Peggy and Dicko's divorce. 

My second guess is Bravo was to cheap to hire an Armenian interpreter.  

23 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

There were a few revealing moments such as DIcko's mom and sister wrote all the checks.  Makes me wonder if perhaps it is more of a family business and not just Dicko's.   Another thing was the $200,000.00 starter home that Peggy loved because it was new.  Makes me think she is not that crazy about  the used Crystal Cove mansion.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Gotcha.

Andy allowed NeNe Leakes to literally ask him "do you need me to pull down your pants and kiss your ass" when he confronted her about her expressions of bias vis-a-vis homosexuality. And countenanced her husband mockingly wondering whether they should "throw a parade" during that same discussion. I believe he's subsequently floated scolding the Atlanta and Married to Medicine casts for leveraging insinuations of queerness as an insult but the latter group essentially laughed at his indignation and the former just spent an entire season imbroiled in a false narrative about predatory lesbianism. 

One of his pets (Porsha Williams) delivered a sermon of which footage surfaced several years ago in which she equated gay people with drug users and other varieties of criminals. 

Yolanda worried about Gigi telegraphing as a lesbian; Carole implied that Tom was secretly gay; and Lee Ann of RHOD just attacked Cary's husband as a closet case. 

When it comes down to it, Andy actually has permitted many varieties of casual homophobia to flourish on his productions. He just utilizes selective outrage to needle specific cast members. 

Frankly, it was a little weird to me that the outrage swelled around Peggy on social media regarding an incident that transpired entirely off-camera. Especially considering her brother seems to be more of a grifter and fraud than anyone http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/08/04/pol-atteu-scammer/

• Love 7

This is just me, and of course, homophobia may be the underlying culprit, but if someone told me that they thought my husband was gay I would be deeply offended. I would be hurt if they said he was cheating and furious. But saying that my husband is gay, is saying, "he isn't interested in women.... he isn't interested in YOU... he's been faking it... he hates the sex... the sex isn't satisfying..." and that's really personal and deep. So saying that someone you are married to is GAY is extremely offensive, and basically is telling the woman, "you are a huge ass fool" and "your relationship is FAKE." 

That's how I would look at it, as that's my understanding of what being gay is. You are attracted the opposite sex, not the same sex. (Gay, not bi). 

Carry on. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

This is just me, and of course, homophobia may be the underlying culprit, but if someone told me that they thought my husband was gay I would be deeply offended. I would be hurt if they said he was cheating and furious. But saying that my husband is gay, is saying, "he isn't interested in women.... he isn't interested in YOU... he's been faking it... he hates the sex... the sex isn't satisfying..." and that's really personal and deep. So saying that someone you are married to is GAY is extremely offensive, and basically is telling the woman, "you are a huge ass fool" and "your relationship is FAKE." 

That's how I would look at it, as that's my understanding of what being gay is. You are NOT attracted the opposite sex but to the same sex. (Gay, not bi). 

Carry on. 

Fixed that for you!

• Love 5

If Vicki is trying to ridicule Tamra for marrying a man who is gay, I don’t consider that homophobia.  The problem is that in that instance, she’s trying to out someone who May be bi, or gay, and doesn’t want to be outed.  Outing someone against their wishes would be under the homophobia umbrella, IMO.

But I think she’s working the let’s shame Tamra for marrying a gay man, and let’s shame Eddie for being a gay man, and out him along the way.

Piece of shit confirmed. 

• Love 9
On 12/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, Mu Shu said:

If Vicki is trying to ridicule Tamra for marrying a man who is gay, I don’t consider that homophobia.  The problem is that in that instance, she’s trying to out someone who May be bi, or gay, and doesn’t want to be outed.  Outing someone against their wishes would be under the homophobia umbrella, IMO.

But I think she’s working the let’s shame Tamra for marrying a gay man, and let’s shame Eddie for being a gay man, and out him along the way.

Piece of shit confirmed. 

I think the whole "outing" thing, and your totally right that it's extremely inappropriate, is fueled by a desire to get even with Tamra for "outing" Brooks. I think Vicki is trying, or at least tried, to catch up to Tamra who tried to warn Vicki that Brooks was lying. In a really bad way that makes sense to a 12 year old, Vicki decided she would do the same thing to Tamra and warn Tamra Eddie was lying. However, it didn't work because Brooks really was lying and (Vicki was in on it), and Eddie is NOT lying (he's in love with Tamra) and Tamra is in a real relationship with him. 

Vicki is just going to have to admit some day that she fucked up royally. Seriously, I see jail for her in the future if she keep on with money scams, which is really where the Brooks thing was going.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2017 at 2:25 AM, lunastartron said:

Heather had to one-up Shannon the first time she ever entered Shannon's home by contending "well, they had to go back into the mountain to get MORE marble for our construction."

She started talking about Alexis's ring to Lydia about ten minutes after introductions and parsing whether or not it was a facsimile.

Heather made an entire storyline out of constructing a grotesquerie the size of a hotel. She even price checked cabinetry on camera. Disguising her advertisements of expense and wealth as complaints ("Collette was an unexpected development after we'd already constructed our house and the children need more space now") is just a form of humblebragging. Didn't she even price itemize her salon-grade sink, which simply was a non-negotiable on her must-have list?

Not sure why/how Peggy hosting an event related to her husband's business is more egregious, especially in the context of a show that's predicated on conspicuous consumption. 

This..  Absolutely!

• Love 5

Oh gosh, Heather was only "upset" to brag. "I'm so stressed out. All I do all day long is supervise the builders." and, "My dickfaced husband doesn't appreciate all I do for him. He doesn't realize how hard and stressful it is for me to make sure gets the exact feces removing toilet bowl..." and, "My husband doesn't appreciate how I hard I work to make sure he never has to look at feces and how stressful it is for me to talk to construction people about his bowel movements and how important it is to build a structure that allows him to forget his inherent biology."  Does anyone know the status of their house? Didn't they end up never living there?

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

What did I miss?

Hi, Bossa Nova! 

Earlier in the year, Radar unearthed divorce petitions and records from the mid-1990s documenting that Peggy and Dicko had legally dissolved their marriage less than a year after the nuptials. No evidence of formal remarriage has been found but it seems like they remained religiously committed and haved lived as husband and wife continuously for the entirety of the 22 years since their wedding. 

• Love 2

Earlier in the year, Radar unearthed divorce petitions and records from the mid-1990s documenting that Peggy and Dicko had legally dissolved their marriage less than a year after the nuptials. No evidence of formal remarriage has been found but it seems like they remained religiously committed and haved lived as husband and wife continuously for the entirety of the 22 years since their wedding. 

Thanks lunastartron!

On 12/7/2017 at 7:15 PM, lunastartron said:

Andy allowed NeNe Leakes to literally ask him "do you need me to pull down your pants and kiss your ass" when he confronted her about her expressions of bias vis-a-vis homosexuality. And countenanced her husband mockingly wondering whether they should "throw a parade" during that same discussion. I believe he's subsequently floated scolding the Atlanta and Married to Medicine casts for leveraging insinuations of queerness as an insult but the latter group essentially laughed at his indignation and the former just spent an entire season imbroiled in a false narrative about predatory lesbianism. 

One of his pets (Porsha Williams) delivered a sermon of which footage surfaced several years ago in which she equated gay people with drug users and other varieties of criminals. 

Yolanda worried about Gigi telegraphing as a lesbian; Carole implied that Tom was secretly gay; and Lee Ann of RHOD just attacked Cary's husband as a closet case. 

When it comes down to it, Andy actually has permitted many varieties of casual homophobia to flourish on his productions. He just utilizes selective outrage to needle specific cast members. 

Frankly, it was a little weird to me that the outrage swelled around Peggy on social media regarding an incident that transpired entirely off-camera. Especially considering her brother seems to be more of a grifter and fraud than anyone http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2017/08/04/pol-atteu-scammer/

Not that it matters, but it wasn't golden child Gigi that Yolanda was worried about.  It was the udder one because she played sports.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Not that it matters, but it wasn't golden child Gigi that Yolanda was worried about.  It was the udder one because she played sports.

No, it was Gigi, Gigi played HS volleyball. Bella didn't play school sports, her dream was to be on the Olympic Equestrian team. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, SCS said:

Didn't BH run some kind of If you feel lost or need to talk, the Suicide Prevention Hotline can help tag after the episode about Russell Armstrong's death aired (maybe Kyle -- she's always frantic to be front and center)? Watching these self-important HW head cases try to opine on important issues while posing carefully to ensure they're filmed from their flattering side is always good for a chuckle but impossible to take seriously. 

There was a (teen?) alcoholism after the ep in which Jane Curtain's girls getting drunk.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Mu Shu said:

I just read an article about a woman who had numerous plastic surgeries to look like Angelina Jolie.  No not Octomom. This  one is nicknamed corpse bride, and she looks a lot like Lydia.  Don’t be mad at me if you google it. 

Oh my gosh! THAT is what was bugging me abut her!

• Love 1
On 11/27/2017 at 10:08 PM, la patineuse said:

I can see she could have been going through a lot of trauma and emotional and physical pain between her father's death, the pre-cancerous results per her doctor (or cancerous results per Peggy), her double mastectomy, the expanders and any drugs she may have been on but, as you say, then it probably wasn't the best idea for her to do the show this season. 

A UCLA English major who can't communicate?  Really??????  I don't know if she really is such a poor communicator or if she purposely created drama and confusion through her mixed signals and inconsistent and incomplete explanations.  Also, she says that the women didn't understand her and didn't support her but, a) who would understand her given how badly she speaks and explains her situation to other people; and b) these women already aren't the most perceptive people, so they sure as hell wouldn't have been able to read Peggy's mind without some clues.  And when they did ask more questions because they didn't understand, she just got defensive.

As a current doctoral student, I can attest, not all academically inclined people are good communicators. I have left meeting with professors near tears because I could not get them to answer simple questions. Some absolutely do talk in vague circles just like Peggy.

All that being said, Peggy is a special combination of crazy and boring. 

• Love 5