Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Crisis on Earth-X (1)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Felicity was probably sharing a room with Oliver but after the rehearsal dinner blow up asked if she could sleep on the couch in the Danvers' room. 

The Martin/Catlin scenes were sweet. I'm assuming she learned about Ronnie's namesake in Offscreenville.

I haven't been watching Flash this season, so I see they got a new Wells and Killer Frost is still an thing. Is there anything else I should know?

Edited by patchwork
  • Love 1

Enjoyable if you don't think too deeply about it. 

1. The Earth-Xers could have way more easily accomplished their agenda by pulling a page from "Mirror, Mirror" and all the other alternative universe type stories from Star Trek and elsewhere: just pretend to be their counterparts from Earth-1/Earth-38.  Or picking off the heroes individually. Or probably pretty much any plan other than crashing the wedding where our heroes are assembled. Also, I realize every good villain should have minions, but it had to be more trouble transporting these minions from Earth-X than it could possibly have been worth.

2. It was cool that all the heroes got their moments of awesome, but really, with not just one Flash, but two, all the regular soldiers and Prometheus and Evil Arrow should have been wrapped up in about five seconds, leaving everyone to concentrate on Ubergirl. 

3. The Kryptonite arrow. While cute, I don't think it had been established that either Barry or Ollie knew about the existence of Kryptonite from their previous encounters with Supergirl. Let's say for discussion's sake they did. How would Ollie ever get his hands on Kryptonite or create it? To quote Dark Knight Returns, "It took years and a fortune to synthesize. Luckily, I had both." I guess Ollie didn't quite get it right because the arrow had seemingly no effect on Ubergirl. 

4.  Make Earth Aryan Again. Really, writers? You couldn't take a week off from anvilicious political commentary?

5. The relationship drama contrivances. None of these shows handle relationships particularly well, so having arbitrary barriers constructed  for the purposes of stretching out this episode makes things worse. 

6. It would have been nice to establish some of the other wedding-goers to show that the West-Allens had friends beyond superhero circles. And I get that there are real-world reasons why they can't have all the guest stars, but it would have been nice for some combo of past Flash characters to show up or be heard from in some way -- one way telephone conversation with Julian, a gift from Ralph, that sort of thing.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, patchwork said:

I haven't been watching Flash this season, so I see they got a new Wells and Killer Frost is still an thing. Is there anything else I should know?

He is Wells from Earth 2 who came back this season.

Hmm nothing else I can think of. Cisco has a girlfriend but I doubt she'll show up. 

40 minutes ago, patchwork said:

New villain that isn't a speedster and a new semi regular in Ralph Digby who you either love or hate.  Not enough to factor into this cross over though. 

I thought both episodes were boring. The relationship stuff from all the shows doesn't interest me, the fights went on too long and no one ever gets killed so the end result is nothing. I like Supergirl/Kara and that's about it.

I may not bother finishing it.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 1

So, am I to understand the Earth Xers attacked because they want Kara to use her heart to replace their Kara's? Okay. But if they have been watching the super friends this whole time (how, exactly?) why would they choose to attack at the wedding, where everyone is? If they had instead attacked when the ladies were at the salon getting their nails done they would only have had to deal with Kara and Sara. And is it just me or isn't it odd the Earth Xers, who are out to capture a Krytponian, apparently do NOT have kryptonite to incapacitate her with but Oliver Queen, on a world where it shouldn't even exist, DOES?

Questions aside, I actually enjoyed this.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, KirkB said:

And is it just me or isn't it odd the Earth Xers, who are out to capture a Krytponian, apparently do NOT have kryptonite to incapacitate her with but Oliver Queen, on a world where it shouldn't even exist, DOES?

Since this is all one big movie and this part was in the Arrow episode that followed.  Metallo is Kryptonite powered so Earth Xer do have the stuff - they just don't want to get it near their Kara.  Also, presumably Earth-1 has Kryptonite because Krypton exploded, but doesn't have Kara or Kal-el because they were on Krypton when it exploded.

• Love 1

Stein obviously has his heart in the right place but turning Jax into Sticky-Man is not the best idea he ever had. 

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It would have been nice to establish some of the other wedding-goers to show that the West-Allens had friends beyond superhero circles.

But the thing is that they don't.  All they have are work (super and otherwise) friends and I'm not even sure if Iris still has a regular job. 

So, unfortunately I had to miss the first night of the crossover due to me being on a plane, so I've only just watched what I've missed.

Overall, this first part was actually enjoyable. I do have some issues with this part, but overall, it wasn't bad. It just sucks for the people not interested in all four shows, or at least not interested in The Flash or Arrow, or their relationship drama. To those individuals, this crossover event could not match up to the others. But this Supergirl portion at least incorporated Supergirl better than the other crossovers, the musical event included. Alex got to be part of it, at least, and got her own subplot with Sara. 

I get that they promoted this whole thing as a 4 hour movie so this episode was very much a set-up into everything that would happen. Unfortunately, for Supergirl fans, this was light on Supergirl stuff in general, even with the Kara/Alex stuff. Sure, they brought in Earth X James and then had a scene of J'onn and Winn at the beginning of the introduction to all the shows, but there were even too few scenes of Kara/Alex. I do appreciate that they got to have their girls night scene at the beginning. I did like that there was reference to everything that happened last episode with Mon-El, so that wasn't a dangling plotline, and Kara even got to talk about it with Barry.

I thought the rehearsal dinner scene was fun solely for the fact that we got snippets of different characters interacting. I absolutely forgot about Mick/Caitlin having actual scenes together on The Flash way back when, so I love that they referenced it. I also did not put two-and-two together with the Snart/Caitlin power connection, but I can see that Mick might have some fun with Killer Frost, much like Mick's fun with Snart over the cold/hot power team-up. I can't imagine them not going that direction. 

I also liked the Caitlin/Stein scene. Again, this crossover did remind me of the pairings that I forgot interacted very well. While The Flash tends to forget about Caitlin's other relationships due to their obsession with Cisco and his many relationships over the seasons, I'm glad we got some more Caitlin. 

Stein/Jax scenes were good, though kudos to Franz's reaction shot when Jax found out about Stein wanting to make him into Not!Spiderman.

The Sara/Alex hookup didn't surprise me, mostly because they wouldn't resist hooking up the now single lesbian and the always flirtacious bisexual of the universe. But it was still kind of fun and I loved Kara's reaction to it afterward. 

The fight scene was just plain awesome. That's what I've been looking for in the crossovers, and it didn't disappoint. I especially loved the shot of Wally stopping the bullets and then throwing them back into the Nazi's gun, and then having it explode back on them. 

As for the relationship drama, it could have been worse. Barry/Iris scenes were super cute, and it does suck that their wedding day was ruined. I did note the Barry-lite waitress and how it's so obvious she's Barry and Iris' daughter from the future. They certainly didn't add that scene in just for some cute laughs, and I get the sense that it wasn't supposed to be that subtle. It will obviously become a plotpoint at the end of this season for The Flash. 

The Olicity scenes were not bad either. I found them cute, but winced at Felicity's "I don't want to marry you" moment. Not because it reflected badly on her, or that it was a badly acted scene, but because it felt very contrived. It seems like it's there just to cause drama in the crossover. 

Also, to end on a Supergirl note, that sonic boom clap was epic. More of that in the future, please.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode better than the Arrow one. 

I didn't know what to think about Sara/Alex when I first heard about it. But I like them together. Sara just came back from "dying" again and Alex just broke up her engagement so the drunken sex works for me. As was Sara's "how's your butt" Lol. I heard that CL adlibbed that line. Plus Sara pretty much can charm everyone she meets from young Martin Stein to the the Queen of France and Queen Guinevere from Camelot.  

That was some great casting if that caterer was Dawn Allen she looks like she could be the kid of Barry and Iris. Hi, Wally (you had some cool moves with stopping the bullets), Bye Wally. Maybe you should join the Legends, they would at least let you be a hero. 

Sticky man, Lol. Really Stein, you thought Jax would be happy with such a lame power? You can tell this wasn't a Flash episode since the female characters get to do stuff. 

I'm probably one of the few that's sick of all different Wells' or because I watch Legends. I liked ML's version of Thawne better, he seemed smarter and more calculating. While the Well's version just seems like any angry child. 

Also who the hell wait's to RSPV for a wedding the day before the wedding. 

• Love 7

Like everyone else I found this episode fun, even though I don't watch Arrow or Flash regularly.  It was fun to see the all the interaction at the rehearsal.  It's good to see Kara and Barry catch up, Oliver and Felicity were cute (I see why they have such a following).  I like Stein and Jax talking about breaking up Firestorm with Caitlin and Cisco.  It felt like Ray should have been there.  I wish Amaya and Zari could have been there.  Yeah, they don't know anyone, but Zari would at least enjoy the catering.

Sara/Alex was fun, and does kinda make sense.  Alex is just coming out of a relationship with literally the only women she had ever been with and Sara doesn't have a lot of options on the Waverider.  I liked Sara's greeting on the wedding day.  "How's your butt?  You fell out of bed kind of hard."

Rory stole every scene he was in. "I borrowed one of your dresses. And your out of milk." Anyone else want a one-off episode with Rory and Caitlin/Killer Frost?

The fight at the church was awesome.  Everyone had their moments.  Nazis will always be the yardstick against which villains (fictional and real) are measured.  It makes sense to me for them to just try and storm Earth-1.  My highlights were Wally flicking the bullets back into the guns.  Rory and Killer Frost taking on the Nazis "Now that's what I'm talking about!" and of course Kara's sonic boom clap.

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 5

The sonic boom clap was awesome, and very smart as a tactic to use against an invulnerable opponent who also has enhanced hearing. I'd have been a LOT happier with Kara's showdown with her brainwashed cousin last year if she'd beaten him by fighting smarter like this rather than just miraculously being made the stronger of the two by anvilicious writer fiat (despite Melissa Benoist having maybe a third of Tyler Hoechlin's muscle mass if I'm being generous).

I'm assuming Oliver had a background project of trying to acquire some kryptonite for contingency plans after Supergirl got mind-controlled by the Dominators last year and effortlessly handed everyone else their asses. If he knew what he was looking for, I'd imagine a green radioactive meteorite would be distinctive enough for a multimillionaire to track down given a year's time.

Jay Garrick was the most glaring omission from the guest list for me. I assume John Wesley Shipp wasn't available?

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

I'm assuming Oliver had a background project of trying to acquire some kryptonite for contingency plans after Supergirl got mind-controlled by the Dominators last year and effortlessly handed everyone else their asses. If he knew what he was looking for, I'd imagine a green radioactive meteorite would be distinctive enough for a multimillionaire to track down given a year's time.

I dunno; he's working on a mayor's salary now.

3 hours ago, patchwork said:

Felicity was probably sharing a room with Oliver but after the rehearsal dinner blow up asked if she could sleep on the couch in the Danvers' room. 

I think the sleeping arrangements for the out-of-town guests were:
Joe West's house: Oliver, Felicity, Kara, Alex(but I think she ended up with Sara at...)
Martin Stein's house: Mick, Jax, Sara

• Love 2

Where were Sara and Alex sleeping? I assumed they were at Sara's mom's house, she lives in Central city and probably has a room for Sara. 

Or were they at Stein's house? How nice he gave his boss a bed or they claimed it because they left rehearsal dinner earlier. 

I think they were being deliberately vague about where the Sara/Alex liaison actually took place. It couldn't have been wherever Kara and Alex were supposed to be staying because Kara specifically said Alex didn't back that night. Which means it more than likely was Sara's place. But we don't really know if that was Stein's house, an apartment Sara has, or a hotel.

Would it have been so hard to introduce them a little so as not to alienate regular Supergirl-only viewers though?

Apparently the CW banks on the fact that very few people are Supergirl-only viewers. I feel your pain, I don't watch any of the other CW superhero shows, and I don't follow the comic books at all, so I had no idea what was going on . I managed to enjoy The Flash when he appeared on Supergirl last season or two seasons ago but these cross-overs don't work for me. Even if I had wanted to watch the whole thing, I don't have Arrow on series record, so by the time I realized it was going to be a cross-over event it was too late to catch any of it except Part 1. (I don't have the CW on On Demand through my provider.)

I realize I'm in the minority, though. This hour was wasted on me - I shut it off about 40 minutes in.

• Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode - though these crossovers appear much more mixed up and not really show specific like in previous years.

For that reason, it felt just a little messy - since I don't watch Supergirl or Arrow.  I'm familiar enough with both (I used to watch) but some of the references were lost on me.  But nothing serious.

I loved seeing The Real American Hero!!  My friend and I were singing the theme song and then BAM - vaporized.  

That fight scene was EPIC!!  Come through Wally with the BEST part of that whole fight (My friend and I started screaming and cheering for that - that was some Legolas level stuff), followed closely by Kara's awesome thunder clap.

I hope the Flash crossover part feels a bit more focused.  

And that was totally Dawn Allen - just because she came alone doesn't mean she doesn't still have a twin... although it could be Ogden too - but i still think it's Dawn.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

Apologies for my Singh/Curtis comment . . . I was channeling the rationale of having the two gay men have a moment after the lesbian and bisexual woman hooked up. Also, I forgot Singh was hitched, though he doesn't pop up frequently on The Flash for me to remember that.

BTW, I like the double skirt rip. Totally not fanservice in my eyes because Alex and Sara needed leg room to kick Nazi ass. Also, I'm confident that Gideon (the AI of the Waverider) could fix the dresses should either/both of them live through this crossover.

Killing off Earth-X James right at the start sucked, but I was afraid he wasn't going to be involved at all, so... I don't know if that evens out.

Glad Wally got a nice moment before they sidelined him. I know they can't have every single hero in every scene, but I hope he shows up again later.

One other thing that I liked about the church fight sequence was that everyone was in civilian clothes. Because you know that the rest of this it's just going to be costumes.

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I did note the Barry-lite waitress and how it's so obvious she's Barry and Iris' daughter from the future. They certainly didn't add that scene in just for some cute laughs, and I get the sense that it wasn't supposed to be that subtle.

As I posted in the Arrow thread, she played Plastique on Smallville, and more recently, was a prostitute who became a pirate/madame (don't recall as I didn't watch past season two) on Black Sails. Then we also got the fugly Lex Clone that strung up Lois in Season 10's Smallville. And yet, I find myself huffing and puffing that Rosenbaum and/or Welling haven't been lured to make an appearance? (tapping foot with arms crossed).

3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't doubt this, as Oliver/Green Arrow of the CW is CW's version of Batman-LITE, and this is something Bats would totally do and has done, which is how we ended up with Tower of Babel.

33 minutes ago, phoenics said:

I loved seeing The Real American Hero!!  My friend and I were singing the theme song and then BAM - vaporized. 

For shame, phoenics! You sang the theme song and didn't realize it's "The Greatest American Hero?" William Katt will always be Paul Drake, Jr. for me, though.

• Love 2

Kara singing "Keep Coming Home to You" made me tear up. The rehearsal dinner and wedding were so beautiful. I wish that Wynn and James were in this episode a little since it was Supergirl. It was nice to see Wally. Maybe he can hang out with the Legends since they don't want him on the Flash.

That fight scene was awesome. I forgot that Arrow is now on Mondays so have watch it online (seems like the Olicity angst is still going strong) but this crossover so far is great. 

• Love 4

I was trying to figure out where I had seen the nazi scientist that Dark Arrow was talking to before, and the actor was in Man of Steel, and also had a couple of small parts in Smallville, too! (as noted by GHScorpiosRule right before I posted this!)

46 minutes ago, Trini said:

I was trying to figure out where I had seen the nazi scientist that Dark Arrow was talking to before, and the actor was in Man of Steel, and also had a couple of small parts in Smallville, too! (as noted by GHScorpiosRule right before I posted this!)

You should watch him in Legion (the FX Marvel series). He plays a very interesting role.

• Love 1

I don't care if this one of the better crossovers they've done, I still can't stand them. To put that level of Oliver and Felicity drama in a Supergirl episode is maddening. There are plenty of Arrow fans who will have missed the episode. They are devoted fans of the show and this is the thanks they get?

Agree that there should've been more Supergirl people like Winn (who they could've asked to sing at the wedding), or James or J'onn since this is a Supergirl episode. It definitely didn't feel for a moment like it was in the Supergirl realm outside of that initial 2 minutes.

As a fan of the Perry Mason movies, I must say how great it is to see William Katt, even if it was entirely too brief.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As I posted in the Arrow thread, she played Plastique on Smallville, and more recently, was a prostitute who became a pirate/madame (don't recall as I didn't watch past season two) on Black Sails. Then we also got the fugly Lex Clone that strung up Lois in Season 10's Smallville. And yet, I find myself huffing and puffing that Rosenbaum and/or Welling haven't been lured to make an appearance? (tapping foot with arms crossed).

I don't doubt this, as Oliver/Green Arrow of the CW is CW's version of Batman-LITE, and this is something Bats would totally do and has done, which is how we ended up with Tower of Babel.

For shame, phoenics! You sang the theme song and didn't realize it's "The Greatest American Hero?" William Katt will always be Paul Drake, Jr. for me, though.

Ugh - I caught myself doing that this morning too!  Sorry - I always confuse them at some point, believe it or not (*snicker*).

• Love 1

ooh I need to add that one of the highlights for me was Wally's catch the bullets and jam the gun stunt! That was sooooooooooo awesome! 

It is interesting how different people react to different things. I completely understand why Felicity turned Oliver down but I felt so so so bad for his poor lost puppy self.

Hubby on the other hand had no tolerance for Oliver trying to propose at the rehearsal dinner. He was all "There is a time and a place for these things and that was not it." 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

ooh I need to add that one of the highlights for me was Wally's catch the bullets and jam the gun stunt! That was sooooooooooo awesome! 

And one of the lowlights for me is Wally's hair. Continually distracting all season. I want a word with the person who thought this was a good, modern look on a black man.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

For sure she was Barry/Iris’ daughter. And totally pulling a Barry move by going back in time to see her parents get married.

She certainly didn't look like a mix of someone who's half-white and half-black.

It was tough getting a read on everyone, especially since I've watched exactly one episode each of The Flash and Arrow (and even then, those were only during the last major crossover they had of the four shows last year) and also none of Legends of Tomorrow, so I didn't know the names of over half of the characters.  Could anyone please tell me who in this inflated cast is on which show?  Like, I know that Barry, Iris, Cisco, Joe, and Wally are on The Flash, and Oliver and Felicity are on Arrow, but . . . Stein?  Wells?  Caitlin?  Many of the others I haven't named?

Other than Barry, Iris, Cisco, Oliver, and Felicity, do the other heroes all know that Kara is Supergirl, too?  She seemed to be able to freely interact with them without fear of her identity being exposed.

Although it was something small, I did like Felicity worrying that Oliver shot Kara with the Kryptonite arrow and asking Barry just as worriedly if he had.

All in all, I'm just glad that Kara isn't the only character from her show in this crossover and that Alex came, too, this time.  But I'm a bit bummed that the show couldn't get J'onn, as well, and maybe even Winn for some nerd interactions with Felicity, Cisco, and Wells.

• Love 2
Just now, Star Aristille said:

Isn't Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays?  I'm pretty sure that Arrow is on Wednesdays.

No, they moved Legends to Tuesdays after The Flash at some point last season. Arrow is now on Thursdays (it just got moved this season after Supernatural).

6 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

She certainly didn't look like a mix of someone who's half-white and half-black.

Apparently, the actress (Jessica Parker Kennedy) is biracial. 

9 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Other than Barry, Iris, Cisco, Oliver, and Felicity, do the other heroes all know that Kara is Supergirl, too?  She seemed to be able to freely interact with them without fear of her identity being exposed.

Well, if they didn't before, they do now!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

It was tough getting a read on everyone, especially since I've watched exactly one episode each of The Flash and Arrow (and even then, those were only during the last major crossover they had of the four shows last year) and also none of Legends of Tomorrow, so I didn't know the names of over half of the characters.  Could anyone please tell me who in this inflated cast is on which show?  Like, I know that Barry, Iris, Cisco, Joe, and Wally are on The Flash, and Oliver and Felicity are on Arrow, but . . . Stein?  Wells?  Caitlin?  Many of the others I haven't named?

I watch all four shows, so let me fill you in a little bit :) Cliffnotes of the other characters met met last night: 

Arrow: Oliver (main character, shoots people with arrows), Felicity (resident girl in the chair and Oliver's gf) were in this episode, plus, if you watched the Arrow episode, you also met the evil doppelganger of Tommy (Oliver's dead bff), and the Arrow B Squad (Dinah, Curtis, and Rene). 

The Flash: Barry (main character, runs fast), Iris (team manager, Barry's fiance), Joe (cop, bio dad of Iris and adopted dad of Barry), Wally (also runs fast, Joes bio son he only recently found out about), Caitlin (tech person, has an alternate personality with ice powers), Cisco (tech person, can open riffs in space and see the future or thing where he isn't), and Harry Wells (one of several versions of the bad guy we meet here, who previously killed Barry's mom, and actually is impersonating another guy in the first place. Uptight but well meaning tech guy and genius). 

LoT: Sara (team leader, former assassin, dated Oliver at one point, has died a few times), Mick (former villain turned reluctant good guy, has a fire gun, likes burning stuff), Jax (one half of Firestorm, a fire/radiation based superhero. Needs other half to still have powers. Also a mechanic.), and Martin (nuclear physicist, one half of firestorm. If he isn't one half of firestorm, he dies). 

There were some other minor characters who stopped by, like Joes boss and his husband, and Martins wife and daughter, but you probably dont need to know who they are for now. 

Since all these guys met in the crossover last year, they all know who Kara is, and everyone is cool with it. I think pretty much all the heroes from all four shows know each others secret identities, and its no big deal. 

Hope that helped :) 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I watch all four shows, so let me fill you in a little bit :) Cliffnotes of the other characters met met last night: 

Arrow: Oliver (main character, shoots people with arrows), Felicity (resident girl in the chair and Oliver's gf) were in this episode, plus, if you watched the Arrow episode, you also met the evil doppelganger of Tommy (Oliver's dead bff), and the Arrow B Squad (Dinah, Curtis, and Rene). 

The Flash: Barry (main character, runs fast), Iris (team manager, Barry's fiance), Joe (cop, bio dad of Iris and adopted dad of Barry), Wally (also runs fast, Joes bio son he only recently found out about), Caitlin (tech person, has an alternate personality with ice powers), Cisco (tech person, can open riffs in space and see the future or thing where he isn't), and Harry Wells (one of several versions of the bad guy we meet here, who previously killed Barry's mom, and actually is impersonating another guy in the first place. Uptight but well meaning tech guy and genius). 

LoT: Sara (team leader, former assassin, dated Oliver at one point, has died a few times), Mick (former villain turned reluctant good guy, has a fire gun, likes burning stuff), Jax (one half of Firestorm, a fire/radiation based superhero. Needs other half to still have powers. Also a mechanic.), and Martin (nuclear physicist, one half of firestorm. If he isn't one half of firestorm, he dies). 

There were some other minor characters who stopped by, like Joes boss and his husband, and Martins wife and daughter, but you probably dont need to know who they are for now. 

Since all these guys met in the crossover last year, they all know who Kara is, and everyone is cool with it. I think pretty much all the heroes from all four shows know each others secret identities, and its no big deal. 

Hope that helped :) 

Thanks so much!  It did help!  But . . . Joe's boss is gay?  Interesting.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Thanks so much!  It did help!  But . . . Joe's boss is gay?  Interesting.

Glad to help! Yep, the police chief is gay and has been married to his husband for most of the show, and his husband makes sporadic appearances. They weres the two guys that Mick sat by in the church when he was like "I hate cops". 

If you want a quick recap of all the characters you will probably meet tonight from the LoT crew, or anyone else who could pop up,  just let me know! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Thank you!  I will do that!:)

Not sure if you wanted that now or later, but just to be safe, here is a super quick LoT character recap: 

Ray (tech guy, has a super suit he built that can let him fly, shoot stuff, and shrink, among other things. eternal optimist, Felicity ex), Nate (historian, body can turn into steel), Amara (WWII era hero who can use a magical amulet to channel animal powers), Zari (hacker from dystopian future. has magical totem from the same set as Amara, can control weather), and Gideon (their time ships AI. Snarky, knows most everything). 

Again, hope that helps! 

• Love 1

[Supergirl 3x8] Amazing episode, except for the Oliver/Felicity mess, let them ruin Arrow and leave crossover events alone. 

Everything else made watching the crossover worth it. West-Allen Wedding, Kara/Barry, Sara/Alex, Firestorm dilemma, Mick being mick. Such one big great family.

Incredible  character mixing and high quality .production. This could be their best crossover ever!

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JasmineFlower said:

And one of the lowlights for me is Wally's hair. Continually distracting all season. I want a word with the person who thought this was a good, modern look on a black man.

I think that's all Keiynan. He relaxed and colored his hair soon after filming stopped last season, and I guess they let him keep it straight.

• Love 2

As I posted in the Arrow thread, she played Plastique on Smallville, and more recently

no wonder she looks familiar, thats why

For sure she was Barry/Iris’ daughter. And totally pulling a Barry move by going back in time to see her parents get married

or could be grandaughter?. Either way definitely a blood relative.

“World’s Most perfect couple” - I knew this would happen.

Confirmed again, The gold standard.?

Edited by HeroLeague
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, it's on Thursdays. Last night was an exception for the crossover. Unless you're in Canada and you get it on Mondays?

Go it, thanks! I thought it was on Thursdays but forgot that it was a 2 night event so assumed it moved again to Monday. Makes more sense now. 

The Stein/Caitlin scene that I have been missing and didn't know it.  So many of the things I've been missing on the other shows.  I'm sorry for Supergirl fans who don't watch the other shows but

I really liked Sara and Alex hooking up.  I'd be on board for the show continuing that.  Also when I saw Sara's hand with four rings I thought "Must be a Lance thing."

I really enjoyed the crossover this year, more than I have any crossover since the first one three years ago with just Arrow/Flash.  This time they went for a cohesive storyline rather than trying to cobble things from each show.  Last season it was so boring (especially the Arrow part) so I'm all Yay for this one.

Maybe there will be more of Supergirl next season, although there was General Winn in the fourth part.  I'm fine with this though because this made me realize that the Supergirl characters are the ones I care about the least, and the ones I find the least interesting in terms of storylines, maybe because the characters seem so artificial.  Kara and Alex here, and especially the Alex/Sara hook-up is the most I've enjoyed a Supergirl episode this past two seasons.

13 hours ago, KirkB said:

So, am I to understand the Earth Xers attacked because they want Kara to use her heart to replace their Kara's? Okay. But if they have been watching the super friends this whole time (how, exactly?) why would they choose to attack at the wedding, where everyone is? If they had instead attacked when the ladies were at the salon getting their nails done they would only have had to deal with Kara and Sara.

They were only supposed to do recon prior to attacking and invading Earth 1 but EvilOliver jumped at the chance.  TheobaldFlash scolded him for it.

On 28/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, roctavia said:

I don’t watch the other shows so I have no idea what is going on besides the obvious people at a wedding and bad guys show up. 

I’d rather just have a regular episode. Though the fight scene was pretty good, and I’m glad Alex got to let loose a little, she is dealing with a lot. 

Will probably try to catch the other episodes just in case major supergirl plot points happen again like last year ( mon el and Kara probably should have gotten back together on their own show instead of on the Flash last season) 

I think you just have to accept that as all shows are on the one network they want everyone to watch all the shows.  Hence the crossovers.

Having said that, as a watcher of all the shows I personally love the crossovers as all my favourite people get to interact and I'd be cranky if it was just a regular episode!

Accept the CW owns all 4 and embrace the cast mix up goodness!

I also highly recommend the other three shows which have changed a lot since they started (just in case you were an initial viewer that stopped).

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Enjoyable if you don't think too deeply about it. 

1. The Earth-Xers could have way more easily accomplished their agenda by pulling a page from "Mirror, Mirror" and all the other alternative universe type stories from Star Trek and elsewhere: just pretend to be their counterparts from Earth-1/Earth-38.  Or picking off the heroes individually. Or probably pretty much any plan other than crashing the wedding where our heroes are assembled. Also, I realize every good villain should have minions, but it had to be more trouble transporting these minions from Earth-X than it could possibly have been worth.

2. It was cool that all the heroes got their moments of awesome, but really, with not just one Flash, but two, all the regular soldiers and Prometheus and Evil Arrow should have been wrapped up in about five seconds, leaving everyone to concentrate on Ubergirl. 

3. The Kryptonite arrow. While cute, I don't think it had been established that either Barry or Ollie knew about the existence of Kryptonite from their previous encounters with Supergirl. Let's say for discussion's sake they did. How would Ollie ever get his hands on Kryptonite or create it? To quote Dark Knight Returns, "It took years and a fortune to synthesize. Luckily, I had both." I guess Ollie didn't quite get it right because the arrow had seemingly no effect on Ubergirl. 

4.  Make Earth Aryan Again. Really, writers? You couldn't take a week off from anvilicious political commentary?

5. The relationship drama contrivances. None of these shows handle relationships particularly well, so having arbitrary barriers constructed  for the purposes of stretching out this episode makes things worse. 

6. It would have been nice to establish some of the other wedding-goers to show that the West-Allens had friends beyond superhero circles. And I get that there are real-world reasons why they can't have all the guest stars, but it would have been nice for some combo of past Flash characters to show up or be heard from in some way -- one way telephone conversation with Julian, a gift from Ralph, that sort of thing.

Pretty sure this is just an entertaining series of shows that does the job.  It's not something you have to think too deeply about, rather be taken along for the ride.

Personally, I just went along for the ride and was happy.

However, I am personally waiting with anticipation for your show on primetime TV that won't have all those little niggles that you posted above!

Seriously, a show cannot be everything for everybody but, in my book, if it is entertaining it has done its job!  Just go back to old school enjoy the story for the story and you might enjoy it more, rather than watch for things you don't like!

• Love 1