Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Crisis on Earth-X (1)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Barry and Iris’s wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony. All of the superheroes band together with help from their super friends like Citizen Cold, The Ray, Felicity Smoak, Iris West and Alex Danvers to take on their most formidable villains yet. Earth’s mightiest heroes – Green Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash and White Canary – lead their teams into battle to save the world.

Here's a new trailer:

My main quibble: Joe's "this speech is for you but it's kind of about me" speech should have been left on the Flash.  It cut way too much that should have had more Supergirl. 

That said, I'm glad that part 1 worked out so well.  Supergirl's sonic boom clap needs to happen more often.    

Salex can be a thing.  I won't mind it. Their awkward dance of "so...that happened" was a hoot."

• Love 4

Supergirl sure is a bit different tonight!

OK, I get that they have limits to who they can actually afford to show up in all of the episodes, so I can understand why half of the Legends didn't show up and whatnot (if nothing else, considering how he was during the last wedding when he officiated and made it all about him, Ray probably shouldn't be near it in any form), but it was strange not having Diggle (or Lyla) there.  I felt like they were close enough to Barry to get a RSVP.  Eh, I'll just tell myself that they couldn't make it since Diggle is still a mess and is trying to recover.

Of course Sara and Alex were so going to have a one-night stand.  When one of your characters is a recently broken-up lesbian and the other is a bisexual who can charm pretty everyone out of their pants, sexy times is destined to happen in CW land!

No matter what show he is on, Mick is still the best!  I could watch an entire episode of him as a wedding guest.  Scratch that,  I would watch an entire episode of him at the Stein house!  Loved the bit with him and Singh!

That mysterious waitress played by Jessica Parker Kennedy is totally Barry/Iris' daughter from the future, right?  Because she was pretty much the female version of Barry in that scene.

Oh, Oliver.  Stumble through a proposal in the most awkwardly way possible, Felicity tells him no, and he pushes it to the point that she accidentally yells it in front of everyone.

At least they were able to work the majority of the Supergirl cast into one scene.  Also Earth X James makes an appearance in order to get brutally killed off.  James can't catch a break on any Earth, it seems.

The big brawl in the church was fun, although surprisingly Wally of all people got the best move with the whole "grab the bullet and toss it back into the Nazi's gun" bit.

So, the big enemies so far are Nazi Oliver, Nazi Kara, and Eobard wearing Harry's face again.  Should be fun!

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

That said, I'm glad that part 1 worked out so well.  Supergirl's sonic boom clap needs to happen more often.    

Best part of Episode One for me!  Haven't seen that trick since an old Hulk comic from the 70s.  Nice to see Kara come up with some new gimmicks!

• Love 4

Not gonna lie, that was pretty awesome. That fight scene at the church was really well done, with lots of characters and powers and action. It was also nice seeing lots of different characters interact (thats half the reason they have these things!), and the character bits were quite well done. 

So that girl Barry talked to at the wedding was totally a tiny, time traveling Barry/Iris baby, right? 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Not gonna lie, that was pretty awesome. That fight scene at the church was really well done, with lots of characters and powers and action. It was also nice seeing lots of different characters interact (thats half the reason they have these things!), and the character bits were quite well done. 

So that girl Barry talked to at the wedding was totally a tiny, time traveling Barry/Iris baby, right? 

For sure she was Barry/Iris’ daughter. And totally pulling a Barry move by going back in time to see her parents get married. Curious we didnt see her when the ruckus started.

I officially wish we get more than one crossover a season. This was too much fun. I cant wait to watch more big fights!

• Love 5

First hour of the Crossover was fun as heck.  The wedding was gorgeous.  Loved Kara singing and Barry tearing up.  The fight in the church was bonkers awesome! It was so well choreographed with some great throwaway moments and Mick was a fantastic comic note.  Everybody got a chance to shine and Wally came through with the killer move.

• Love 10

Awesome episode!  A great way to start off the crossover.  So glad they went with the Sara and Alex awesomeness.  The Mick/Singh scene made me laugh.  Really fantastic battle at the wedding.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 9

Great start. Kinda wished that we could've gotten more from Supergirl beyond Kara and Alex,  but it was better than last year. "Hey, let's bill this crossover as a four-parter, give Supergirl a standard episode, and then have Barry and Cisco pop in at the last minute. It still counts!!!"

Cut line from Captain Singh: "Barry Allen is the Flash. Please don't tell me I was the last one to find out. For God's sake, Mick Rory is sharing a bench with me, and I just realized it."

Lots of fun, even with the Olicity angst. And Jax and Martin preparing for separation. And Saralex.

32 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Of course Sara and Alex were so going to have a one-night stand.  When one of your characters is a recently broken-up lesbian and the other is a bisexual who can charm pretty everyone out of their pants, sexy times is destined to happen in CW land!

I won't lie . . . I saw a picture of those two last week, and I was hoping for some interaction between them. I just didn't want this much this soon. I totally get the criticism . . . I mean, if the bisexual lady and the lesbian have "sexy times," shouldn't Curtis and Singh have their own encounter? They're both gay! But the reason I wanted Saralex was because they have a lot in common. Alex watches over Kara, Sara is in charge of time-traveling misfits. Alex can kick ass, Sara kicks ass and is kickass. Alex is still recovering from her breakup with Maggie, Sara probably doesn't go beyond kissing and flirting, and nobody on the Waverider appeals to her to that extent. I'm okay with Saralex, even if we wound up with Alex mortified over her first one-night-stand.

Melissa Benoist has a purdy voice. Totally worth not playing "Here Comes The Bride" on an organ.

• Love 9

I loved the big fight in the Church, everyone got at least a cool moment or two and Kara's clap move was neat. As much as it would have been nice to have other Supergirl regulars more heavily involved its good to see a Supergirl crossover  that doesn't consist of someone from another earth popping in after a regular episode. And if only one other person had to go Alex was a good choice (and makes the most sense in this situation).

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2

OH this was so much fun and better than last year’s “crossover.”

I just have one quibble-all the superhero friends invited to the wedding wait until the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING to RSVP that they are coming? and by snail mail and no response but show up from Kara and Alex? Alrighty then.

I just felt so bad for Oliver.

TOMMY!!!!!!!

• Love 3

I was really surprised when it opened with the Guardian getting his ass kicked by Evil Oliver.  Poor James.  Although it did remind me of the alternate timeline of LoT when Felicity was the only surviving vigilante and she died in the first two minutes.

Loved the Alex/Sara hook-up, they're so perfect for each other, can this go on please?  I was also very impressed by the fight scenes, they were involving and I'd like to see them again, which is something I rarely feel about this 'verse.

1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

My main quibble: Joe's "this speech is for you but it's kind of about me" speech should have been left on the Flash.  It cut way too much that should have had more Supergirl.

I would have hated it on The Flash too Way to make your son and daughter's wedding all about you, Joe.  I know they love the actor but Joe is not someone I'd respect in real life.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I did find it funny that they got the Greatest American Hero to officiate the wedding and then incinerated him.

That was Paul Drake Junior!!!*???

thought he looked and sounded familiar! It was that unfortunate beard? that threw me off!

*Perry Mason

More than a bit overcrowded with characters, and I was expecting a bit more focus on Supergirl characters in this episode, instead of Flash and Arrow characters, but surprisingly fun.

On a Supergirl note:

1. So we are just leaving everyone else in those capsules, then? Ok.  And Reign is just waiting for Kara to return from these wedding hijinks? Ok again.

On a crossover note:

1. James just cannot catch a break on any earth, can he?

2. Barry, Iris, find superhero friends who have the common courtesy to RSVP to a wedding.

3. I admit I was sorta dreading the Kara/Sara hookup, but I laughed.  And when they both ended up fighting next to each other in the church, I cheered.

4. Oliver, can you try - just once - proposing in private, instead of in/near a large group of people?

5. Geesh, Joe, the main thing about Barry and Iris is that they taught you to love again? What?  And was this really the best time to remind viewers (and possibly inform Supergirl viewers) about the Barry/Iris foster sibling thing?

6. Spider-Man reference for the win - although now I kinda want to know how that works in the Arrowverse, with both real life and fictional superheroes zipping around.

7. Completely with Killer Frost's feelings about those bridesmaid dresses.

8. I have no idea why Mick was at the wedding, but I'm glad he was.

9. The Greatest American Hero shows up to officiate a wedding. Heh.

10. And wow, Iris. I liked her wedding dress in the stills, but she looked even better in it when she was walking down the aisle. Possibly the best Candice Patton has ever looked on these shows. I loved her hair, too.

11. Loved the church fight scene.

12. I have a lot of thoughts, and not happy ones, about the Reverse-Flash appearance, but I guess those belong more in the other show threads. 

• Love 15

And here's the deepest question of all:

Why does an Earth being a Nazi Earth mean the sky turns red?

Does the blood of the slain innocents permanently stain the entire atmosphere?

The constant lightning is actually easier to explain.   That could just be that the Nazi are enviroterrorists too and have ruined the weather. But what turns the entire sky red and yet doesn't kill all the inhabitants?

7 minutes ago, quarks said:

The Greatest American Hero shows up to officiate a wedding. Heh.

Yeah, but the amusement value of it was tempered by him being vaporized.

8 minutes ago, quarks said:

James just cannot catch a break on any earth, can he?

At this stage I kinda prefer Lamey Olsen dead.

42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just have one quibble-all the superhero friends invited to the wedding wait until the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING to RSVP that they are coming? and by snail mail and no response but show up from Kara and Alex? Alrighty then.

There is no "day before" for Time Travelers though. As for people from alternate Earths? You kind of have to travel there to accept anyway.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

For sure she was Barry/Iris’ daughter. And totally pulling a Barry move by going back in time to see her parents get married. Curious we didnt see her when the ruckus started.

It's an interesting theory, which implies a Future Plot is coming, since casting a girl for that role and only using her once as a throwaway would be a real waste.

• Love 2

I don’t watch the other shows so I have no idea what is going on besides the obvious people at a wedding and bad guys show up. 

I’d rather just have a regular episode. Though the fight scene was pretty good, and I’m glad Alex got to let loose a little, she is dealing with a lot. 

Will probably try to catch the other episodes just in case major supergirl plot points happen again like last year ( mon el and Kara probably should have gotten back together on their own show instead of on the Flash last season) 

• Love 1

Loved the epi... So yeah thats deff Barry and iris' daughter right... Sara and Alex were good..  The fight was amazing.... Poor James... Wally had the illest moves then got nerfed like cisco... They better show back up or this show damn near iced out all the poc's woulda liked some more cross talk... Like cisco and Alex... Kara and jax...  Etc... Overall tho enjoyable

6 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Who was the nervous server talking to Barry in the church? She had a long seen if she's a nobody.

Tennisgurl and SnoGirl's theory upthread is pretty interesting. I hadn't thought of it, and it's probably correct.

The big difference is that in the comics they had Twins.  So just a girl would be a change.  But if we see her again by the end of the crossover and they drop that her name is "Dawn", then that's who she is.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

I enjoyed this. Didn't think I would because the Nazi stuff has been giving me major anxiety all week and tbh still grosses me out but everything else was great.

I enjoyed the montage of moments before the wedding though I LOLd at Olicity needing to RSVP. She was Iris' bridesmaid, she shouldn't need to RSVP?! So silly. And Kara also waiting until the day before to RSVP, haha. If I was Iris I would've gone mad! 

Iris looked so beautiful and though I'm not a WA shipper because haven't watched The Flash since s1, I really thought it was sweet how Barry got all teary eyed watching Iris walk towards him. Nice.

Olicity broke my heart in a good way. Loved all their scenes. Love me some good angst. 

As I said in the Arrow thread, I wasn't impressed with the acting when they were Nazis. MB really didn't wow me as Overgirl. Felt kinda wooden, IMO. 

The fight scene in the church was really great! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Snogirl's theory upthread is pretty interesting. I hadn't thought of it, and it's probably correct.

It's interesting. So did her history change because Barry and Iris didn't get married on that day (I don't know these time travel rules)? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mxc90 said:

It's interesting. So did her history change because Barry and Iris didn't get married on that day (I don't know these time travel rules)? 

Who said they had to get married on that day for this theoretical girl who may or may not be named Dawn Allen to exist? 

The capper would be if she shows up again when they do actually tie the knot. 

And actually the history of the Allen offspring in the comics is SO twisty, even if there's just one of them and not two, then the idea of their history changing is even more complicated.

• Love 2

Wedding Planner: "Welcome to the West-Allen Wedding. Can I show you to your seat ? Are you here for the bride or groom ?"
Mick: "Well, considering I've tried to kill the groom a couple of times it's probably best I, uh, sit on the bride's side."

Mick really is the best -- and that the scene with him in the dress was awesome.  "You're out of milk."

Sign outside CC Jitters: "Closed for a private function. Sorry for any incoffeenience."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I mean, if the bisexual lady and the lesbian have "sexy times," shouldn't Curtis and Singh have their own encounter?

If Barry hasn't completely messed up the timeline with his shennanigans, then Capt Singh is most definitely still married and he  doesn't strike me as the type of person to get some side action (apart from a a Big Belly Burger).

• Love 4

Did not like it at all. Nope. I'm in the don't-watch-the-other-shows camp, but even so...

2 hours ago, secnarf said:

As someone who doesn't regularly watch any of the other shows, it was way too confusing with way too many new characters.

47 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Well, I'm envious of all of those who get their Supergirl and Arrow at the proper times rather than an hour later like out here in the St. Louis area.

@secnarf, I feel your pain. @bmoore4026, yours too—I also get it an hour later.

I didn't know it was going to be a "crossover" ep before watching, so sat wondering wha'?

Yikes the dialogue! It was as if the son/daughter of a network head had been allowed to write an ep because dad/mom. The regular cast seemed to roll with it by terrible acting, not just hamming it up but giving melodramatic and amateurly acted performances. Maybe the idea was for it to all to be just some silly fun but woah the script! If whoever wrote it was pulled in from the other shows, y'all deserve medals for sitting through those.

Whole rooms full of unfamiliar characters making specific references to stuff you know nothing about, all juxtaposed with pseudoscience babble, doesn't engage a person. Maybe it wasn't as impenetrable to viewers of the other shows. Would it have been so hard to introduce them a little so as not to alienate regular Supergirl-only viewers though? Still showing credits 10 mins in is a feat in itself at least. It took 25mins before they let us know it was on another Earth; bad writers, bad.

The opening is a dystopian alternate Earth in a vaguely distant future, ok; then suddenly a Robin Hood country a millenia ago. Ookay. All that speeding up doesn't make the problems invisible either.  Kinda felt like a forty minute commercial for the network's other shows... with clumsy acting and writing.

I've the next part to look forward to though. So there's that.

• Love 2

Well, that was a hellacious amount of fun.

I'm so glad Alex got to come along for the crossover ride this year. Any time the sisters' relationship is front and center is a good thing in my book, and I loved seeing Alex get to play with the other heroes. She and Sara are all kinds of awesome, both separately and together. Poor James, getting the short end of the stick in any universe. I hope that's not it for Winn and Jonn, though. Maybe next year's crossover will involve them, too.

I don't watch Arrow but I will agree that Oliver and Felicity seem pretty cute together, and Stephen Amell does have pretty pretty eyes. Loved his snark about "Super speed. I don't have it" when Barry and Kara were standing around waiting for him. His scenes with his Tommy were pretty damn good even though all I know of their backstory is what I gleaned from their conversation. Poor Oliver.

Mick. Mick is fast becoming the most awesome thing on my tv. I love drunken wedding guest Mick, drunken houseguest Mick, food-scavenging lab guest Mick, I love it all. I've only watched a handful of Flash episodes (OK, just the ones involving Snart) so it was a nice touch to see Mick's interactions with Cisco and Caitlin. And the fact that Mick was left off of the Team Hero Strike Force because he was busy raiding the kitchen? Priceless. Borrowing Stein's robe, er, dress, because Lily asked him not to walk around naked, saying he'd tried to kill the groom a couple of times so he should probably sit on the bride's side of the church, chilling in the lab chair - Mick Rory truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Can't wait until tomorrow!

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Who was the nervous server talking to Barry in the church? She had a long seen if she's a nobody.

Odds are she's a child of theirs. She might be a descendant. I'm willing to offer that she's an embodiment of the Speed Force, proving that it doesn't show up just to make Barry's life miserable.

13 minutes ago, AD35 said:

If Barry hasn't completely messed up the timeline with his shennanigans, then Capt Singh is most definitely still married and he  doesn't strike me as the type of person to get some side action (apart from a a Big Belly Burger).

With Barry, who can keep track? I kinda forgot about Singh getting hitched. He was the only other gay male character I could think of from the four shows besides Curtis.

14 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wedding Planner: "Welcome to the West-Allen Wedding. Can I show you to your seat ? Are you here for the bride or groom ?"
Mick: "Well, considering I've tried to kill the groom a couple of times it's probably best I, uh, sit on the bride's side."

Which......why was Singh sitting on the bride's side?  Is he still pissed at Barry for stalking Devoe?  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

With Barry, who can keep track? I kinda forgot about Singh getting hitched. He was the only other gay male character I could think of from the four shows besides Curtis.

The man sitting on Singh’s left was his husband.

13 minutes ago, Moonlit said:

I didn't know it was going to be a "crossover" ep before watching, so sat wondering wha'?

All shows have been promoting this as a crossover in the previews for two weeks now. Not to mention it’s become expected that each year there is a crossover show.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Tennisgurl and SnoGirl's theory upthread is pretty interesting. I hadn't thought of it, and it's probably correct.

The big difference is that in the comics they had Twins.  So just a girl would be a change.  But if we see her again by the end of the crossover and they drop that her name is "Dawn", then that's who she is.

I dont read comics but I am fluent in the Flash Threads and all the talk of the

Spoiler

Twins. 

? As soon she appeared requesting that Barry say “I do” I was literally shouting “West Allen” at the TV. All I kept imaging little Flash children being raised on their parents’ crazy stories, including Barry’s time traveling. Add in a dash of curiousity and one sibling daring another and suddenly Im not surprised a possible West-Allen child was at the wedding. I may have back-tracked to everyone arriving to see if she is seen in the background talking to anyone else. I didnt see her anywhere else.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Who said they had to get married on that day for this theoretical girl who may or may not be named Dawn Allen to exist? 

The capper would be if she shows up again when they do actually tie the knot. 

And actually the history of the Allen offspring in the comics is SO twisty, even if there's just one of them and not two, then the idea of their history changing is even more complicated.

Not her existence just her memory of the day her parent's wedding changed.

I'll add another guess: she could be someone from Devoe's team going after Barry.

I hope they don't drag out who she is for long.

11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

All shows have been promoting this as a crossover in the previews for two weeks now. Not to mention it’s become expected that each year there is a crossover show.

All those shows that I don't watch? ;-) The first season crossover with The Flash was handled way better imo, and the second season's was only a scene at the ep's end.

Lots of you clearly loved it and that's great. It just didn't work for me. That 1st season one tho, even tho I knew next to nothing about the crossedover character, was really cute & fun.

Edited by Moonlit
  • Love 2

I thought this was well done - I only watch Arrow now but I didn’t feel lost by new characters (loved what’s his name from Prison Break) or bored by the exposition(I felt for Stein). The more angsty moments were fine points of character development rather than clunky plot engines of draaaaaaama.  Welled up when Barry teared up and loved the church throw down - best cross over since the first! 

• Love 9

Well I really enjoyed the first part, we'll see if the other parts are good....

Wow, they really just started this with the swastika. OKAY.

Well at least James (and his stunt double) got to participate a little in the crossover.

I kinda admire how the VFX team is so committed to getting the most use out of the digital characters. Hi King Shark, Bye King Shark.

Regular Supergirl-only viewers would be really confused with this opening.

38 pages of vows, Barry? Aww, and hee! So both sides of WestAllen suggest marriage to Oliver/Felicity. Hmm.

“World’s Most perfect couple” - I knew this would happen.

Aw, Doctors Snow and Stein! And Sara/Alex; and Barry/Kara! This is the kind of interactions that I wanted from these crossovers.

Awwwwwww!

Spoiler

Dawn!!!

“Runnin' Home to You” Yes! Teary eyed Grant!

I knew the ceremony was going to get interrupted, but I thought we'd get at least some vows.

Loved the church battle with everyone fighting.

To part 2!

• Love 5

Could that have been a possible Tornado Twin foreshadowing..?

Mick upon seen Caitlin become Killer Frost:"THAT'S what i'm talking about!!!" there has to be some kind of ship..

So the rest of the Legends werent invited to the wedding? I'm sure they will be involved in the big rescue on The Flash tomorrow(which will also feature Wentworth Miller's curtain call as Snart..)

Since the Legion Of Superheroes have been introduced i think it's safe to say that they'll probably be involved in the next big crossover event,and possibly so will Black Lightning once they figure out how to bring him into the Arrowverse

Edited by TDT
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, TDT said:

So the rest of the Legends werent invited to the wedding? I'm sure they will be involved in the big rescue on The Flash tomorrow(which will also feature Wentworth Miller's curtain call as Snart..)

I think somebody in Part Two referenced them being in the Stone Age, so maybe the other Legends dropped off the guest stars before departing. If I recall correctly, that would be Ray, Nate, Zari and Amaya. And Gideon. Man, I feel so bad for the ladies there, to be stuck with the two biggest geeks in time and space.

• Love 2

I'm going to be petty and point out that the Arrow that kill "Doc" in the first scene, supposedly fired by Nazi Arrow, had green fletching. Clearly a mistake by the post effects house that does the CGI, but also something that should have been caught. As they are setting the mood of Naziland (WTF, red sky?), The green arrows stood out even more.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I'm going to be petty and point out that the Arrow that kill "Doc" in the first scene, supposedly fired by Nazi Arrow, had green fletching. Clearly a mistake by the post effects house that does the CGI, but also something that should have been caught. As they are setting the mood of Naziland (WTF, red sky?), The green arrows stood out even more.

Now i'm expecting to hear "Red Skies" by The Fixx during all the Earth X scenes lol

If that's supposed to be Barry and Iris's daughter, damn, that's some excellent casting. She looks like she really could be a combination of the two of them, she was even doing the Barry head bob thing.

• Love 5

James!!!!! I didn't want him to die and his death was very upsetting but I LOVED the Guardian cameo!!!! I feel like I'm the only person who likes him! Dammit I would have liked to see him live and part of the Resistance! I have always liked him but I was like SUPER excited to see him! And I don't get excited about much that is not Felicity related!

Hehe did Barry swoon when Oliver exited the dressing room? That was too cute!

Hehe I love how WestAllen ship Olicity! They have good taste! And the same shipping preferences it seems! 

Supergirl's clap is AWESOME!!!!!!! The entire fight scene was just fabulous!

I made most of my Olicity comments in the other thread so won't repeat them here but I adored the scene on the wedding day with Oliver looking like he was dealing with more trauma than 5 years on the island because Felicity won't marry him. Oh Oliver you poor lovesick puppy. She loves you! She wanted to be your saviour last season! Calm down man! 

Why was Felicity sharing a room with Kara? Did all the girl's bunk together at the same hotel or something? I am confused! Alex left with Sara so I'm assuming she was supposed to bunk with Felicity and Kara as a girly thing?

• Love 2