Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Talking Machine

Another episode from my childhood that stuck with me, especially the line, "I can't. It's stuck."

And so believable, too, since she's moving her hand the whole time. I don't know why, but this is one of my fave episodes from the show. Nellie's just so evil.

• Love 2

NPR Science Friday is awesome. And this podcast is a highlight of my Tuesday. Thank you once again. [I forget, are Allison Angrim and Melissa Gilbert still friends? I knew they were during filming.]

Loved the reference that Jason was the 2nd most popular name that year it was filmed as opposed to the year the show takes place during. Your little tidbits like that make for a really fun podcast and reflection of LHotP.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kerfuffler said:

I guess Jason is an upgrade from that dumb knob Johnny Johnson. But it seems the pickings in Walnut Grove were slim indeed.

Especially with kids disappearing after the one episode. They had to strike during the boy's brief existence.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:51 PM, sistermagpie said:

Especially with kids disappearing after the one episode. They had to strike during the boy's brief existence.

Definitely some shady goings on in Walnut Grove.    I'm thinking they either all run away to join the circus or they're all kidnapped by aliens studying earth youth.

Just watching this episode...

Question: why is Willie sent to the corner the second he asks a silly question but Nellie is allowed to stand up there turning that handle, lying about it being stuck and no corner for her?

48 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

Just watching this episode...

Question: why is Willie sent to the corner the second he asks a silly question but Nellie is allowed to stand up there turning that handle, lying about it being stuck and no corner for her?

I think the teachers on this show only send boys to the corner.  IDK, Nellie deserved more than the corner, so that's probably why she didn't bother sending her there.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 4:42 PM, Katy M said:

I think the teachers on this show only send boys to the corner.  IDK, Nellie deserved more than the corner, so that's probably why she didn't bother sending her there.

After I made this post, watched more of the episode. Pa went to inform the Oleson's of what happened.  Nel's yelled for Nellie to get downstairs, Nellie blamed Willie.  Nel's took the talking machine, sent them to their rooms, then followed them up with a belt. Nellie did not seem sore, upset or sorry the next day at school, where in very neat handwriting on the board was "Jason loves Laura".  I suspect Miss Beadle!

5 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

After I made this post, watched more of the episode. Pa went to inform the Oleson's of what happened.  Nel's yelled for Nellie to get downstairs, Nellie blamed Willie.  Nel's took the talking machine, sent them to their rooms, then followed them up with a belt. Nellie did not seem sore, upset or sorry the next day at school, where in very neat handwriting on the board was "Jason loves Laura".  I suspect Miss Beadle!

What are you saying?  That Nels only hit Willie?  I don't think so. He knew it was Nellie.   Jason said he did it. I don't think he lied.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

What are you saying?  That Nels only hit Willie?  I don't think so. He knew it was Nellie.   Jason said he did it. I don't think he lied.

I did not say Nel's only hit Nellie, I was saying Nellie did not seem to be affected by the punishment or sorry for the situation that the punishment was for. Yes, I know Jason admitted to the blackboard message, I was commenting on how neat and feminine the handwriting on the board was & was making a joke.

• Love 1