Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Crisis On Earth-X (4)

• Start Topic

Barry and Iris’s wedding brings the gang together, but things go awry when villains from Earth-X attack the ceremony. All of the superheroes band together with help from their super friends like Citizen Cold, The Ray, Felicity Smoak, Iris West and Alex Danvers to take on their most formidable villains yet. Earth’s mightiest heroes – Green Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash and White Canary – lead their teams into battle to save the world.

(My gif was of the Minions from Despicable Me cheering so pretend that's there.) 

(collapses)  Some minor quibbles asides, this is the cross over we were (mostly) meant to have.  See you next year DCTV Collective!

RIP Grey Spydaddy.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 16

That was the best part of the crossover.

Loved that the Nazis had no problems fighting everybody else, but when the rest of the Legends showed up, they immediately wanted to retreat.  You don't mess with the Legends, they're the Arrowverse's best heroes.  I like that Leo is stick around.  Loved the Superman II line.

Hate that we lose Stein.  Garber's always got to go out protecting his children, and being a great father for them.  This season should be all for the Professor.

Wasn't a fan of Oliver and Felicity getting married at that moment.  It's not your wedding, don't interrupt one to have yours.  What's up with that?

• Love 22

Good ending to a great crossover event. 

Stein dying brought out peoples A game. I loved Ray looking at the picture and Sara's response, even Micks and of course Jax. Those 4 have been with Stein from the beginning on Lot.

Barry, and Caitlin's responses were great too, because of what Stein meant to them.

On a lighter note, the ending with Mick and Sara was great, "Shut up," LOL

I wonder what the plan for Jax is going forward.

Edited by dkb
  • Love 10

I think the first half was better but this crossover was still great fun.

The death of Stein...wow.  Not happy about that but they really knocked it out of the ballpark.  All involved.  We'll miss you, Professor.

I have to say, the Rory/Leo X You're a gangbanger/doppleganger exchange had been howling.

• Love 11

Good finale. Am I wrong in assuming Stein's Grandson Ronnie will end up being the new Firestorm with Jax?  Time Travel, right?

I don't watch LoT so the Max/Stein stuff was sad and beautifully acted but didn't get to me. Surprisingly Caitlin's "tell Ronnie I miss him" got me. Probably because I watched Flash during the Ronnie stuff.

I was so worried E-Oliver and E+Kara were going to go out in a lovers suicide pact which would have been totally unsatisfactory. I'm glad Oliver killed E-O and that Over girl blew up. Die Nazi's Die!

I hate Barry Allen he is a freaking tool letting Thrown go.

Loved the double wedding, loved Felicity proposing and Oliver excited yes plus getting chooked up with their vows/declarations.

Plus Dig totally had to be the one to Marry them, he's their biggest shipper.

I liked that the brains and ladies got to save the day in the air, while the rat of the masks were down in the streets.

Tbings I didn't like. Too many freaking movie references in 1 episode. Also, stop ripping off Marvel!

• Love 3

It's a good thing those Nazis were too dumb to realize that the entire point of having a gun is not needing to walk right up to your enemies.

While it wasn't malicious Oliver and Felicity hijacked the wedding party with their little spat AND couldn't even let Barry and Iris finish their vows.  What happened to not upstaging the bride and groom?

There really isn't a good reason for Leo to stick around while the man he loves is heading off to fight Nazis, but if that's what it takes for more Snart then so be it.

• Love 9

This was much better than last crossover, minus Stein dying.

Leo is so different than Snart, it is a little weird that he's sticking around though. 

Sara had some great fight scenes and I likes her with Alex. Now we'll probably be stuck with Ava. 

• Love 6

Literally sobbed over Stein. I thought he was just going to go home to Clarissa and Lily. My heart is broken.

So glad the rest of my legends finally joined the fight.

Arrow is the only show of the four I do not watch, so I have no emotional ties to Oliver and Felicity. So I was a bit annoyed that the had to steal the spotlight from Iris and Barry. 

Loved loved loved seing Snart (well, Leo) again. He’s always been my favorite. And final thought, I laughed for several minutes at Mick’s “gang banger” line. I love him. 

Edited by srpturtle80
  • Love 10

That was a serious emotional roller coaster. I gotta say, I had my doubts, but I am legitimately impressed. I laughed! I cried! I cheered! I squeeled! I cried some more! It was basically everything from a cross over like this that I could want. Yeah I`ll nit pick later, but that was just amazing! Kudos, Arrowverse. Your what your big brother Justice League wanted to be and only partially succeeded at being. 

I am just so heartbroken about Martin, but god DANG did everyone kill it with their performances. I especially loved when Ray was looking at the picture of him, and Amaya put her hand on his shoulder. Especially after Ray being so open and wanting to talk to her about to troubles. 

And now Olicity AND WestAllen are married! I just...we made it people! It happened!

• Love 20

After the spoilers, I was worried people would start hating on Felicity for interrupting the wedding to propose and oh look, I was right. Haha. But I don't care anymore and I actually thought it worked? She was inspired by WestAllen's vows and WA still got their moment which was very sweet.

I'm just happy Olicity are finally married yay! After last season I did doubt it would ever happen tbh. LOL.

• Love 17

I really liked The Ray so of course, he's now gone. 

Barry, you don't get nice things because you didn't even try to incapacitate Thawn. Like, why did you even fight him to begin with?

Iris, you are awesome. Find someone as awesome as you. 

Thanks to this crossover, I'm picking up LOT again. They sold me. Stein's death was very moving. 

And I'm so overjoyed that Olicity are now married. By their BFF Diggle no less. 

Bwe65wg.png

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

It's a good thing those Nazis were too dumb to realize that the entire point of having a gun is not needing to walk right up to your enemies.

While it wasn't malicious Oliver and Felicity hijacked the wedding party with their little spat AND couldn't even let Barry and Iris finish their vows.  What happened to not upstaging the bride and groom?

There really isn't a good reason for Leo to stick around while the man he loves is heading off to fight Nazis, but if that's what it takes for more Snart then so be it.

Sorry, but Olicity is so good it already upstaged a whole comic book history so WestAllen having to wait another two minutes for their "I now pronounce you" moment is nothing in the scheme of things.  I MAKE NO APOLOGIES!!!   ?????????????   

• Love 22

Overall this was my favorite crossover. They finally did something that I felt was worthy of a big time crossover. The story still was fairly weak but nearly everything else was good and it turned out to be really fun! 

I think pt.4 was probably the weakest of the bunch though. Everything died down REAL quick. Gideon suddenly being incapable of healing someone was lame, especially since she brought back Sara numerous times from the brink of death. But his death was still very emotional and well played.

The Ray seemed like a really big waste, I was expecting him to play a bigger role then he did, especially since he has a show to promote. And I didnt like that he was from E1, it was just unnecessary and didnt make sense.

The fight scenes in this episode though were weak and apart from the trio on the ice slide, nothing really stood out for me.

The ending with both couples getting married was a good way to close a big chapter in both of their lives and hopefully now after this we can put Barry/Oliver/Felicity a bit more on the back burner during crossovers and let some of the other characters really shine.

• Love 6

What an excellent ending to the crossover. Of course, Legends got a little bit shafted with everyone else needing the spotlight. Though not Jax/Stein. Oh man, let me just address them first. NOT MARTIN STEIN! HE WAS THISCLOSE IN GOING HOME TO HIS FAMILY! Seriously, why'd they introduce the cure arc if they were just going to kill him off? Way to punch a hole through my heart, show. That being said, an excellent end scene to Stein. It just really sucks. I do think Franz did a great job. Sure, he may not be able to cry on cue, or he was trying to mask his accent at the same time, but he delivered on the emotional punch of the loss. 

Also, they literally paused the Nazi story for a full ten minutes in order to deal with Stein's death. That was actually very courteous of the show to do.

The group shots were pretty hilarious. It was clear they started writing the crossover with that intent to have all the superheroes in one shot together, but it worked fairly well. I just wish they then showed the other heroes on the Waverider. 

BARRY, YOU DON'T LET THE ENEMY GO! That would have been the time for Barry to prove Eobard wrong and rip his heart out. I mean, come on! He knows this is the Eobard after season 1, as he knew everything that went on. I think he even knew how he died, with Eddie killing himself. So....eh, now we're stuck with waiting for Eobard to show up again. And with the tease that he'll have a new face, I am not looking forward to Harrison Wells 2.0 with another actor.

I loved the Sara/Oliver moments, especially of them standing side by side as leaders. It made me laugh that Barry and Kara were standing with the group while Oliver and Sara, the original badasses, were leading the pack. It was very nice to see.

And the crossover ends with a double wedding. How nice. I loved it, but I understand people who aren't fans of Arrow, The Flash, or either couple being thrilled,

Now, to end on Martin Stein again. It was a good run. I will miss you, Professor.

• Love 20

I've never watched LOT so have no real connection to the characters but the Stein scenes really got to me. My heart hurts. There were actual tears. IDK if I'd have the same reaction with a lesser actor though. Victor Garber is a legend.

• Love 15

This was such a fun crossover and a great ending!

• Ray won me over, and The Ray also won me over this episode. This actually made me want to watch LoT because the group dynamic looks pretty fun!
  • Iris/Felicity are best friends, each other's maid of honors, and kicked ass and this makes me so happy. I hope the Flash/Arrow don't drop this friendship
  • Stein's death was so moving and it made me choke up :( 
  • The double wedding didn't really bother me because it didn't bother Barry/Iris who don't seem like the kind of people who care about their best friends also getting their happy ending. Felicity not wanting to wait another second to get married after fighting off Nazis actually makes sense as well. 

Overall really happy with how this crossover turned out despite all my doubts

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Wasn't a fan of Oliver and Felicity getting married at that moment.  It's not your wedding, don't interrupt one to have yours.  What's up with that?

Yeah.  I was loving it up til that point.  I get that Oliver and Felicity are a big couple but they totally hijacked the moment.  If wouldn't have been so bad if Felicity had just waited til Barry and Iris got their kiss and then said she wanted to get married too, but she interrupted their wedding.  So not cool.

But outside of that, I loved this episode.  The Legends were there, they were quippy, the fight scenes were better than the middle two episodes.  Mick and Snart got to share a scene again.  Ray's embiggening suit!!  yes.

It is funny but The Supergirl episode felt like an episode of the Flash.  The Arrow ep was definitely an Arrow ep.  The Flash ep felt like a Supergirl ep but the Legends ep felt like a Legends ep.  Since of these shows, I watch The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, it is no surprise I liked Ep 1 and 4 the best.  But overall I enjoyed the whole thing.  If they do a crossover again next year, I hope they follow this model.

RIP Martin Stein.  I so felt for Jax.

• Love 11

I honestly don't think Olicity hijacked the moment.

WestAllen had an actual wedding where they were exchanging vows in front of their family and friends before Nazis interrupted. Iris said they just needed it made legal with a JoP and Barry gets Diggle. 

• Love 15

It's probably best they saved LoT for last since the LoT writers know how to write for a team and use everyone. 

I don't care about WestAllen or Olicity, but I know what it feels like when your ship gets together so I'm happy for their fans. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I could see people getting mad if Oliver and Felicity had tried to glom onto the big church wedding, but going a little "us too" when they're kind of supplying the minister, fuck it.  Everybody's married, let's move shit along. 

I feel like once your first wedding gets interrupted by Nazis, waiting an additional two minutes for your friends to get married isn't a huge imposition? But whatever. Only the writers know why they decided to do a double wedding. They had to know fans of both couples would feel cheated. I hope Barry and Iris

get a nice reception next week

like Oliver and Felicity.

Anyway, that was a really great, fun crossover. I have my quibbles here and there, but it was totally entertaining, which is all that matters.

I stopped watching Legends in Season One, but I think I'm gonna go back and watch it because that crew is really fun and Jax and Stein ripped my heart out.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I feel like I need to take a moment to plug LoT, while a lot of non regular viewers are here. It had a shaky start and some moments that arent so great (what show in this franchise doesn't?), but I really love this show, and while my heart will probably always belong to Arrow, this is my favorite of the Arrowverse shows. The characters are tons of fun and have a great group dynamic, and its basically just pure distilled superhero adventures and excitement. I love all the characters, they all get time to shine, and they all get development, and to mix it up and bond with different people. It has lots of action and humor, but it also has some real pathos, and for all that its plots are wacky (last week, we had Gorilla Grood starting a cult during the Vietnam War!), it takes its characters and their issues seriously, and has a lot of real emotional depth. 

I just love it, and if you gave it up during season 1, I would highly recommend giving it another shot, especially if you liked what you saw tonight.

Agreed. LOT is easily my favorite and this episode showed why I think it’s also the best of the four.

• Love 15

Wow. I want that all the time. Okay, maybe not all the time because obviously some characters didnt have as many scenes, but I want more than one crossover. Even if its a coffee or beer.

Im super bummed about Stein. I wish something was damaged with Gideon so it at least made sense why Stein couldnt be save. 

My favorite part of the fight was the ladies taking back the Evil Wave Rider. I officially want a Ladies of DC Crossover. Like a really big one and where they have to rescue all the boys. Make it happen CW.

I really liked the crossover, but Im surprised they left the Ray and the Resistance on Earth X to fight the Nazi. I know they all went through hell, but they would be a great help to the people of Earth X. Hell, even Snart didnt even go back. Kinda left me with a sour taste.

• Love 10

They just had to do it..at least they didnt show his daughter's reaction :(

Missing Wentworth Miller already..

30 minutes ago, KirkB said:

Except, of course, for Stein, that was an excellent hour of thoroughly entertaining television.

Batman approves.gif

^^^^ Now there's someone who should be in the next Arrow/Flash crossover..especially since he's been referenced numerous times on the former(and who possibly gave Oliver the Kryptonite arrow)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, dkb said:

Lol, I ship WestAllen and haven't watched a single non-crossover Arrow episode, and I didn't mind. 

I was getting all the feels when WestAllen were speaking, I guess I was too happy, and adding another couple who clearly love each other to the precedings, with a double wedding made it even better. 

Hee!  I might have felt a smidge of guilt had their actual vows been interrupted, but they got to say beautiful things to each other from the heart.  The only thing they had to wait for was the kiss and I suspect that both Iris and Barry's happiness was only added to by Oliver and Felicity sharing in on the moment.  Both of them had been worrying over their friends so taking that shred of weight off their hearts is only a good thing.  

4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I feel like I need to take a moment to plug LoT, while a lot of non regular viewers are here. It had a shaky start and some moments that arent so great (what show in this franchise doesn't?), but I really love this show, and while my heart will probably always belong to Arrow, this is my favorite of the Arrowverse shows. The characters are tons of fun and have a great group dynamic, and its basically just pure distilled superhero adventures and excitement. I love all the characters, they all get time to shine, and they all get development, and to mix it up and bond with different people. It has lots of action and humor, but it also has some real pathos, and for all that its plots are wacky (last week, we had Gorilla Grood starting a cult during the Vietnam War!), it takes its characters and their issues seriously, and has a lot of real emotional depth. 

I just love it, and if you gave it up during season 1, I would highly recommend giving it another shot, especially if you liked what you saw tonight.

I second this post!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

nd, again: I vote for Mick Rory to appear on every show.  Not just D.C. ones either.  All the CW shows!  Mick shows up on Riverdale and begins freaking out poor Archie!  Mick goes to iZombie and freaks out himself over all the talking zombies!  Mick appears in My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and sings a song about fire!  I want all Mick, all the time!  

OMG Mick Rory and Dean Winchester could be drinking buddies! I WANT THIS NOW. And put Snart and Sam together to eyeroll at them both LOL

• Love 10

Regarding the whole crossover, I know some people didn't like the use of Nazis, especially with historical footage.  But they wanted a pretty fast-paced series of shows and it's hard to do with a lot of backstory.  Sure, they could have had Evil Oliver as the Overlord of the Grakenfart Empire.  But then they'd have to explain what that was, how it came to be and all that stuff.  The way they did, once you see the SS and that swastika, you're pretty much, "Oh yeah, Nazis, of course they're horrible, evil villains."  You can even show bits of tenderness on the part of them while not compromising how awful they are.  So, sure, Evil Oliver can be sad for Evil Tommy and be worried and loving to Evil Kara, but that doesn't change the idea that these, evil, horrible people need to get the shit killed out of them ASAP.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm seeing that Susannah Thompson voiced the Nazirider? I need to go back and listen more carefully.

That's cool.  I was wondering who they got (and also happy it wasn't OUR Gideon.  

Ray dude isn't going to stick around?  Booooo!  We need more (male) gay superheroes!

And who was the voice of the evil Waverider?  Sounded like Mary Jo Pehl from MST3K.

And one of the heroes actually kills one of the bad guys.  This is why Oli is the man, was the man, will always be the man, Barry.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Might as well walk right up to their enemies, the Xazis apparently have the Stormtrooper Markmanship Academy too because they never hit anything the whole crossover except Stein even when they were point blank from their targets.

19 minutes ago, benteen said:

Way to go letting Thawne get away scot free to kill again, Barry.  What a hero...

Why bother killing him? Thawne has come back from the dead twice already, these shows are nearly getting as bad as the comic books they're when it comes to anybody staying dead. It's like trying to kill the Joker, either it won't stick or it results in a throwaway evil alternate reality that will be totally irrelevant once the storyline is over. The only reason I even buy Stein dying actually sticking is because we've known for a while that his actor wanted to leave.

13 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Im super bummed about Stein. I wish something was damaged with Gideon so it at least made sense why Stein couldnt be save.

Seconded. Gideon can regrow whole limbs at the least in the Waverider's medbay and she can't heal a couple gunshot wounds? That was completely unbelievable.

• Love 4

Good fun... I read that the waitress who most of us think is some kind of relation to Barry and iris will be back on the flash... I wonder how they will power up jax going fwd.. Maybe they'll keep messing around with stein's spider formula and do somn cool... I mean they can make him anything.. Even a brand new character.. With a new and cheaper to produce power set

• Love 2

I'll probably get killed for this but I probably am in the minority, but I can't stand Mick. The actor is just okay and he was fine (or just so-so on "John Doe").  He was worse than fine on "Prison Break", but on Legends, he's just a one-note asshole. I know quite a few people here love him, but I wish he would just die already. I'll take Snart, with his ham acting over Mick. He just growls and drinks beers and shoves food in his piehole. There's no acting involved. I thought he turned a corner when he came across his dad in Vietnam, but he's just a wasted character to me. I thought the Hawks were bad and I hated THEM, (And Randall Savage) but Mick is just a fast forward character. He brings nothing to the table.

• Love 3

Re: The Ray.

That was Russell Tovey (Doctor Who, Being Human, Looking, Quantico) who will be voicing the same character in the new CW Seed animated series. Russell tends to show up on a show more than once, but I wouldn't be surprised if something brings him and that character back to the live action CW universe soon enough. (And he's one of my favorite actors!)

Maybe if the Legends will run into a Stein of an alternate Earth..

The next crossover should also involve Ralph/Elongated Man..was expecting him to turn up near the end saying"So,what did i miss..?"

I will say this much. I don't mind Barry not killing Thawne, especially since it never seems to take with that guy, but letting him go was insane. Do you even begin to comprehend how many people he can kill and damage he can do, Barry? Knock him out, tie him up and shove him in the pipeline. Or hand him off to the Legends and let Mick 'accidentally' set him on fire. But just letting him run free? Seriously?

• Love 18