Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E10: Two for the Price of One

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

We get not one, but TWO hours of Survivor fun. This thread will unlock at 10:00pm. Here’s TiVo’s super descriptive episode synopsis 

Two more castaways are voted out of the game 

• Love 3

Episode 10, couldn't even come up with a title to describe that without giving anything away. That's how long it had to take to make this season interesting. 

Go Lauren for taking charge and making a smart move. She has been one of my favorites since the beginning, but with the loss of most of my others, she's taken the lead on who I'm rooting for. Hope I didn't just jinx her. If she and Ashley can stick together, they can make it to the end. Devon was one of my favorites but he's getting annoying with letting a one TC success go to his head and thinking he's running the show. 

And as depleted as their numbers are, the women have killed every IC since merge. Wtg ladies!

Loved the looks on Ryan and Chrissy's faces at 1st TC. But really boring JP? And just after he opened his mouth. I'm not sure who I'd have gotten out 1st between Ryan with his HII or Chrissy because she's dangerous. And Chrissy can shut her trap with preaching on how the other side should behave when she was doing the same smug thing all this time, like she was untouchable and those out of her alliance weren't worth her time. Her wonderful analytical skills failed her or maybe her supreme smugness bit her in the butt and I for one was delighted to see her not in control. She definitely needed that win. 

I agreed with getting Joe out although I'd have been happy with Ben too, he is dangerous. And they flushed out another idol. 

• Love 24

First hour:  I wasn’t going to get sucked into a Ryan boot because I knew that was a red herring.  I fell for it too many times editors and I wasn’t going to get my hopes up again!  I thought maybe Mike would go, since he seemed to have a strong edit this ep.  I was terrified it was going to be Lauren since strategically she came out of nowhere.  JP?  Who?  I would have rather it Ryan or Chrissy so they didn’t have time to plan for the next vote, but eh.  Ryan leaving with the idol in his pants would have been my second favorite getting-voted-off-with-your-idol moment.  And JP not getting final words was the icing on the cake to his invisible edit.  I know they typically don’t show final words in these two hour episodes, but it’s just hilarious it happened to JP.  So Cole told Mike to vote him off, yet Mike still wasted his idol?  Or was he just trying to cover for making a huge blunder that he thought would be a big move?  And did Cole know he was going, or was he trying to quit by being voted off?  If that’s the case, I hope he doesn’t come back. 

Second hour:  Week one I never, ever, ever expected to say this but I will miss Joe.  Hope he instigates some anti Chrissy stuff on the jury.  My biggest nightmare was one of Chrissy/Ryan winning immunity, and Ryan playing his idol on himself or her.  Either way glad the little weasel doesn’t have it anymore, and hopefully those two get picked off.  They needed to get knocked down a peg (or twenty).  Of course she wins immunity and suddenly is in control again, arrogance a mile high.  My blood pressure will hit new levels if she actually wins this season.  I’ve never seen how Chrissy has strategically been good at the game this season.  If anything, I thought she had an easy run up until tonight.  Devon sure got an interesting edit tonight, since we haven’t seen much of him this season.  I wouldn’t say I remotely agree with him that he’s better than Lauren.  I loved her ignoring Chrissy after the JP vote, and Mike ignoring Ryan.  Those two were easily going to pick Mike off and get rid of Lauren likely when Joe/Mike were gone, so why should they listen to them?  Ashley/Devon/Joe were quite the arrogant bunch tonight.  I figured it’d be one of them going. 

• Love 19

Thrilled for Lauren proving to be a challenge beast.  Wouldn’t have expected it out of her.  I do worry after tonight.  A Lauren win would redeem this season.  After tonight I’m somewhat hopeful Chrissy and her smug face will not win, or her little lap dog Ryan.  Are TC starting earlier this season?  I feel like they head out a bit earlier in the episode than previous seasons. 

Peanut butter would be my absolute weakness in this game.  Throw in chocolate with it and I’m done. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 16

They're fools for clipping Joe before Ben.  And Devon gave Ben the power position by designating him as the pretender.  Ryan and Chrissy won't target Ben now because they think he's part of them.  I was really disappointed on that second vote because they handled the first so well.

First vote - I thought it was pretty dumb to clip JP before Ryan or Chrissy.  

• Love 22

All of a sudden I find Ben hot.  I’m not saying I’m proud of it, but it’s there.

I can’t believe it took me this long to figure it out.  Apologies if someone else said this before me.  Dr. Mike is Michael Scott.  In looks, in attitude, in social intelligence.  He is the Michael Scott of Survivor.

Devon and Ashley’s Scenes of Gloating - especially Devon’s - are getting very old when the editors keep showing me Lauren coming up with all of the ideas and orchestrating all of the moves!  This is like Aubry all over again!  Everything Lauren comes up with, there is later a scene of Devon or Ashley taking credit.   (Ashley pretending to Devon that she came up with voting out Ben.  Devon making a speech “Wow, Lauren is almost as good as me at this game!”)  LOL it’s CRAZY. 

I guess I’m most disappointed in Joe.  I really wanted him to be this superior, super-player.  But (finished the episode now), he never suspects anything, and he isn’t really coming up with anything himself.  They made him look so foolish these episodes.  Watching the last tribal now, god, Mike and Joe look soooooooo bad.  I hate admitting that the people I’ve been cheering for are bad at this game and the people I weren’t are good!  If this happened to me before then it’s been awhile.  I only can now remember cheering for Jeremy.  LOL.  The good ol’ days.  

Chrissy is back in my good graces again because we both figured out Invulnerable.  LOL.  But it’s easy from my couch.  

Poor JP.  If he got a confessional, I would not know about it or remember it.  The jury is very good looking. Desi glows and Cole looks a lot better off island.  If JP has ever smiled though, again I have not seen it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13

Wow! Getting good now! Loved the new alliance. Was worried they'd switch and go for Ben which then what would be the purpose of the JP vote? Not sure what happened with JP and Ashley power couple thing. And look how smug they all get when they Are on top...Devon and Ashley, looking at you two.

• Love 6

Well there was some decent game play tonight and the blindside of JP was interesting. But the fact is, this season is without question a wash for me for the simple fact that I find none of these people particularly interesting and really don't care for any of them. My feelings range from complete indifference to "who are you again" to irritation. That said, we can continue to count on Mike being completely clueless while still delusionally believing he's playing a low key great game that's going to pay off any moment now. "I have my alliance of five..." Sure you do, Mike. How this fool didn't realize he simply went from being at the bottom to an alliance of 7 to being at the bottom to an alliance of four is beyond me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Loved the first episode.  I was so proud of Lauren for strategizing the way she did.  My only problem was that it wasn't Chrissy that went!  Did you see the looks on their faces?  I giggled.

Ben is just annoying me more and more as the episodes go by.  I was so excited when Ashley told Devin she wanted to vote Ben out and then ...nothing... As much as I hated Joe from the beginning he was becoming more tolerable and I'd rather have seen Ben Chrissy or Ryan go.

• Love 19

Wasn't unhappy to see Joe finally go, but part of me was really hoping for Ben.  He gets more annoying each episode.

I use to really like Devon too, but gosh almighty he's drunk on power now and much less endearing.

• Love 19

I’m normally all about the brolliance and it’s true Devon is my number one but I could absolutely get behind an Ashley and Lauren final.  Even if I do think Lauren is a grumpus at times.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 9

Good episode.  Lots of good lying and deception.

Lauren wins reward and makes a power move, while Ryan and  Crissy plot to take out Ben later.  Heh.  I've liked Lauren from the beginning.  I hope she is not moving too soon. Slick idea to pull in Mike and Joe as pawns.

Their "coconuts" antagonizing was great fun.  I like how it got to Crissy at the challenge

I've had enough of Ben.  A poster smelled a winner's edit after the exploding fire incident and I tend to agree.

Sort of a Pecking Order Immunity.  The New Triumvirate feasts, sending Ashley to decoy, and she pulls it off.  I wanted Mike to win to watch better scrambling, but this works for me.  

*Local news blurb by pretty smiling blonde woman:  "WHO IN YOUR FAMILY IS LIKELY TO GIVE THE WORST GIFT?  AT 11"  Ugh.

Tribal:  Mike plays nuts.  Thought Devon and Lauren might be blowing it.  "It's happening when you don't know it's happening."  Indeed. 

Hashtag Blindside!  Crissy and Ryan's looks were great.  Silent JP speaks and is banished!

Damn!  I so wanted Ryan or his idol gone!  Patience.

Ben's "double agent" act was impressive.  

Random reward draw?  This seems like such a mis-match, but.....yeah...

Devon looks suddenly brilliant.  That often leads to disaster.

He seems to have a good grasp on things and loves messing with Joe.   LOL.  Joe's a legend in his own mind.

Meanwhile....No Mike, it's a DAY late and a dollar short, but sorry Ryan.  That was hilarious.  You blew me off and now you need me.  Sorry putz.

Smug Crisssy ain't so smug anymore.  Awwww.  I give her credit for not giving up and pulling out that immunity.

The New Gang hangs together.  Joe got played just so bad

• Love 6

Well, for a guy who was annoying when he played, Joe was pretty nice in his post-TC moments.  And JP, who I barely ever remembered was there, showed more personality with his, "Damn, they got me good," on the way out than he did all season.

Best moments:  Chrissy and Ryan looking stunned when JP got the votes, (although I was totally annoyed that neither Ryan nor Chrissy were voted out then); Mike snubbing Ryan; Lauren snubbing Chrissy.  Yeah, the schadenfreude was tasty tonight.

Kudos to Ben for actually NOT telling anyone about his idol.  And while I don't like her, kudos to Chrissy for solving the word puzzle more quickly than everyone else.

I like Devon's plan (and Lauren's? he sort of built on her plan) and the double-agent Ben stuff, but if Devon had voted Ben out tonight, I'd have been ticked off.  Not sure why, because I'm not especially rooting for Ben.  Maybe it was just poised to be an unnecessary extra twist in a plan I liked? IDK, really.

• Love 14

So I think Ben and Lauren are playing the best games and I'd like them to go to the end. I was very annoyed when Ashley and Devin appeared as though they were going to switch and get Ben out. It's like why did you do the JP thing then???? Cause Mike would have been gone, the Joe and then Ben and they'd all still be in the alliance. It seemed like they were just wanting to make big blindsided shocking moves to build a resume for final tribal (where they had nothing on their resume thus far). Reminded me of the Michele win that should have been Aubrey.

• Love 4

The second I saw the chocolate and peanut butter I thought: "Thankfully Cole is no longer in the game!" Oh the horror that would have been. I didn't like that movie the first time and this would have been even worse!!

6 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I have the weirdest cognitive dissonance with Devon. He sounds like an idiot sometimes, but I admit, his plan to get Ben to play double-agent and keep Mike and Joe out of the loop was kind of brilliant.

It really is a feather in his proverbial big move cap. Someone may think that too however and see it as a reason to get him out!

Another cautionary tale here is Ben is being a little too good in his new 'role'. It almost bit him tonight and it may actually happen next up.

It's wierd but Joe was kind of endearing today as a loveable dufus Coco-nut and my the time he was snuffed I thought "I'll kind of miss Joe." What an odd episode.

• Love 21

Oh, one thing I was confused and surprised by.  When Devon decided to tell the 'underlings' Joe and Mike about Lauren's second vote, and she just rolled with it. I thought that would come back to bite everyone.  But I guess Devon orchestrated his plan perfectly and I guess no harm no foul because Mike is so stupid.

• Love 4

1st episode:

Ha- Joe is upset because Mike decided to play the villain at Tribal and use his idol. Mike stole Joe's role of villain!! How dare he! I still like Mike, he's crazy, but so what? Congratulations to Lauren for winning the reward challenge. She must have some good core strength. During the reward, Lauren starts her strategic speech: "We all work really hard. . . " Devon: "Oh! Pickles!" Says where his head is at.

Jeff's commercial was funny!

Cole was voted off a tribal too soon. That immunity challenge was made for him; rather, he would have gone for the peanut butter and chocolate like Winnie the Pooh going for the honey pot, including sticking his head in the jar (if there was one). I'm really enjoying these action-packed suspenseful standing in one spot challenges!! The thrill!! Nothing says excitement like watching people not moving. It looked like they were standing on floating doghouses! And that's where Chrissy, Ryan and JP have ended up!

Mike acts like Jerry Lewis playing a doctor. The irony - the first time we hear JP speak in weeks he is voted out!!  Ben's acting is pretty funny. He's so shocked! What happened?? And Devon literally wipes the smile off his face.

2nd episode:

Continuation of Ben's Emmy-award winning performance of the duped castaway. I was confused why Devon was so upset about other people knowing about Ryan's idol. Like, so? And there's a nice bit of editing: Devon says "Up to now it was so cloudy, now it's all clear" (regarding the game). Next shot: the sun shining through the clouds.

Mike has some good upper body strength. He had no problem lifting those sacks of heavy puzzle pieces from the floats into the boat. And Lauren is going to have quite a bruise on her chest from shoving those longs through the log tunnel.

So Lauren didn't use her vote like they were telling the others she would. Mistake to tell if you aren't going to do it. There will be some vote counting. Also Ben shouldn't have dropped his act at the end of tribal. I'm glad Chrissy won immunity. I don't think she'll win, I'm in Lauren's camp for that, but I'd like her to get further.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

JP was a physical threat. There goes my eye candy.

I was happy to finally see Joe voted off. I was hoping it would have been Ryan only because he is so painfully thin a strong wind would blow him away. 

One last look at said Eye Candy.

9F5A6737-3F6E-46DE-87F1-F21E70A1128B.jpeg

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, DallasGypsy said:

So happy to see the letters from home.  That always gets to me.  

Same here... interesting way to work them in this year. I would have come back from that reward and been like the kid who got icecream and you got there as the guy pulled away: "I got (ice cream) a letter from home and you didn't *dances around singing and waving my letter* Letter... from... home. We got lettttterssss from hommmme!! And you got nuuuuuuuuuthin'"

And I'd then be voted out, but I wouldn't have been able to resist.

• Love 2

I think it was a mistake to vote out JP in the first hour.  He is a physical threat but he can't win them all and he wasn't so good with balance.  He could have been taken out at any time.  They really should have taken out Chrissy or Ryan.

When did Devin turn into such a pompous ass? "She plays this game as good as me!" "I'm in control of this game!"  "She's as good as I am!"

Ben is insufferable as well.   

With JP and Joe gone, there is literally no one left for me to root for.  At this point, I want anybody but Ben to win.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I think it was a mistake to vote out JP in the first hour.  He is a physical threat but he can't win them all and he wasn't so good with balance.  He could have been taken out at any time.  They really should have taken out Chrissy or Ryan.

When did Devin turn into such a pompous ass? "She plays this game as good as me!" "I'm in control of this game!"  "She's as good as I am!"

Ben is insufferable as well.   

With JP and Joe gone, there is literally no one left for me to root for.  At this point, I want anybody but Ben to win.

I wouldn’t have a problem with any of the wining now. That said, I don’t really like any of them either. They aren’t horrible people but I’m sort of meh on them. Usually, I have my favorite but this season I haven’t had one. Kind of odd because there has been other seasons (Gabon & Fiji) where I totally hated everyone and their seasons itself. I just haven’t been engaged with this cast.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

My guess is that it was an Edgardo (Fiji)/Artis (Philippines) situation.  It was probably idol fears, as well, so they wanted to take out not only a physical threat, but someone they thought was the least likely to have a hidden Immunity Idol.  If they know that Ryan and Chrissy are running things, then they should suspect that one of them have it and throw it at J.P. instead.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Will there be a Ponderosa video for JP and things like that? ?

It will be interesting to see how they present him in the Ponderosa video. He didn’t get his goodbye confessional aired and he isn’t doing an exit interview with RHAP. I think he’s kind of embarrassed by the lack of his airtime. 

Kudos to Lauren and Devon for making their moves.  The moves sort of worked, but had unintended consequences:

Lauren's move to cut off Chrissy, Ryan, and JP succeeded in blindsiding them and eliminating JP (who?), but left the much smarter Chrissy and Ryan still in the game to scheme.  

Devon's move to make Ben the double agent succeeded in fooling Chrissy and Ryan, but Ben did NOT vote with Chrissy and Ryan (who both voted Ashley, while he voted Joe).  Thus, Ben's time as a double agent was ultimately pointless, because I doubt Chrissy and Ryan will have not noticed that he voted with the other three.

Edited by GenerationX
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

JP?  Who? 

Exactly. I reckon every first boot in a two-hour episode could be described this way.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I guess I’m most disappointed in Joe.  I really wanted him to be this superior, super-player.  But (finished the episode now), he never suspects anything, and he isn’t really coming up with anything himself.  They made him look so foolish these episodes.  Watching the last tribal now, god, Mike and Joe look soooooooo bad.  I hate admitting that the people I’ve been cheering for are bad at this game and the people I weren’t are good!  If this happened to me before then it’s been awhile.  I only can now remember cheering for Jeremy.  LOL.  The good ol’ days.

Awww, bless him. I don't think he never suspects anything, it's just that he was on the bottom from the merge and he had to Hail Mary at every vote. He had a plan that didn't work, but he never stopped playing. I'd love to see him in a second chance season.

14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

With idols still in play, going for the third choice makes sense to me.

20 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

My guess is that it was an Edgardo (Fiji)/Artis (Philippines) situation.  It was probably idol fears, as well, so they wanted to take out not only a physical threat, but someone they thought was the least likely to have a hidden Immunity Idol.  If they know that Ryan and Chrissy are running things, then they should suspect that one of them have it and throw it at J.P. instead.

EXACTLY. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

• Love 16
Just now, Brookside said:

Did I just see people being able eat peanut butter after they fell off the triangles? Somehow that doesn't seem right.

No. What you saw were people that were offered the chance to eat chocolate and peanut butter and not compete in the immunity challenge.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

2nd episode:

... Also Ben shouldn't have dropped his act at the end of tribal. I'm glad Chrissy won immunity. I don't think she'll win, I'm in Lauren's camp for that, but I'd like her to get further.

After the vote at the second tribal both Ryan and Chrissy know the score about Ben.  Ashley only got two votes after all.  The other alliance wants to make the big move on Ben next I am sure Ryan and Chrissy would be down for it not only for their own survival but also a little revenge.

I'm glad Ryan and Chrissy survived but sad that Joe didn't.  They were my three favorites.  I wonder if the take Ben out talk wasn't edited in from some future time so the editors could make the vote interesting.  They've lifted stuff out of the time stream before in other seasons after all. 

Devin's suddenly getting the big "arrogant" edit.  Doesn't bode well for him.

Best line of the night was when Ryan, referring to the three athletic way better people (Lauren, Ben and Devin) that sat out the first immunity challenge,and him playing for it.  Something about who did they think he was?  A Romanian gymnast?  That was perfect and said with great timing and I laughed about that for the rest of the episode.  I hope he hangs in somehow because I love his confessionals too.

Excellent that Chrissy won the second immunity thus forcing Ben to reveal himself as a spy earlier than the other side wanted.

• Love 5

Still not caring like I have before, though the two hours were interesting. I know CBS and Burnett goes for hashtags too much, but "#EpicBlindside" and "#MissionCompleted" were appropriate. Biggest downside is that Ben lucked into an idol. I don't hate him, but it feels like another obvious moment in his Winning Montage at the Reunion. I mean, he tossed his cowboy hat and jumped around, and that was cute and awesome. And when he wins? He'll wear a paper crown around his hat. Just watch.

JP who? At least Joe won't win, because been there done that with Tony, and that was enough for many people. Sucks that the foot-based challenge was brought back. Forget that it was inspired by one of the more "eccentric" players . . . I feel CBS e-mailed all the foot fetishists they knew, and they had that challenge on immediately. Did we even get the music and logo?

ETA: Title was "Buy One, Get One Free." BTW, how funny were Joe and Mike coming out of the first Tribal Council?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 303420 said:

With idols still in play, going for the third choice makes sense to me.

Re why JP and not Chrissy or Ryan...

I don't agree.  Even the show called it "epic blindside".  Ryan and Chrissy thought they were still 100% in "the seven".  There's no way Ryan would have played his idol, and he didn't.  

He didn't even pick up on the fact that Devin, Lauren and Ben all sat out the immunity challenge.

This would have been a perfect opportunity to have gotten one of them out.  Now they know they are on the bottom, and who's more dangerous?  Chrissy or Ryan who will scramble and try to do something to salvage their game? Or Mute JP who will just accept his fate and wait for someone to tell him what to do?

• Love 14

The first hour was a really good episode. I loved seeing Lauren picking the people for her reward as strategy to break up the alliance of 7. Seeing JP get voted off was good, but I would have rather seen Ryan or Chrissy go.

As for the second hour, it was still excellent seeing Lauren making all of these moves and is basically running things as Devon and Ashley think they are. Joe getting voted off was just meh to me. Joe became a favorite of mine, so I didn't like to see him go.

Lastly, Lauren for the win!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

All of a sudden I find Ben hot.  I’m not saying I’m proud of it, but it’s there.

I'm into bigger and hairier guys, so he was my type to begin with, but I definitely noticed something different about him this week that made him seem more conventionally attractive. Maybe it's just that the swimsuit he was wearing sits differently from the jeans, but I noticed while he was getting the idol out of the tree that his belly seemed a lot flatter than it had been and he was starting to get that V in his lower torso.

17 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I did not get that at all. If you're going to catch your own alliance off-guard, take out a big player while they aren't expecting it, not the complete nonentity. Thinking about it more, the only way that makes sense to me is if they were worried that Chrissy and Ryan might both play idols. Otherwise, reveal Ben's role early and go for a 3-3-3 or 3-3-0 tie and make it 5-1 on the revote.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

No. What you saw were people that were offered the chance to eat chocolate and peanut butter and not compete in the immunity challenge.  

That's what I thought, but then by the end of the challenge it seemed that way more than three were gathered around and eating.  Happy to stand corrected though :-)

But we saw Ryan trying to scramble tonight and fail miserably at trying to get Mike to flip.  Chrissy failed miserably as well with Lauren.  I am starting to think their strategic ability as all hype but little substance.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, djlynch said:

I did not get that at all. If you're going to catch your own alliance off-guard, take out a big player while they aren't expecting it, not the complete nonentity.

Except J.P. wasn't a nonentity to them.  To us, yes, based on the editing, but not to them.  Plus, as the numbers dwindle, the challenges might get more physical, and J.P. would have the advantage there.  Good to take him out while he's vulnerable before they do get too physical.

• Love 4

Did I hear Jeff call Chrissy "Jessie" during the 2nd reward challenge? When she and Ryan were straggling up the beach I swear he said something like "here come Ryan and Jessie...". 

Also that is possibly the prettiest 3 person jury in forever. With the exception of Desi perhaps not the brightest jury, but definitely very very pretty.

• Love 4

How is Ryan so pale after being out in the sun so long?

Is Mike suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?  Why else would he team up with Joe after he bullied him from the very beginning?

Ugh.  The letters whining again.

Ben was being an asshole eating the chocolate and peanut butter during the immunity challenge.

Why did people vote for JP? Of all people.

"Me and Mike have never been bitter."  That's such bullshit.

These secret agent manipulations are just ridiculous.  I like Lauren and Devyn, but they're annoying now.

Cleaned up Cole looks like he's 15 years old.

• Love 3