Type keyword(s) to search

Blindspot Palindromic episode titles

Trevor
  • Start Topic

If someone has already posted  this, I apologize. I just signed up here, after discovering that IMDB has, apparently, dropped its discussion boards, and I haven't yet figure out how to navigate in this forum to look for other posts on this subject. But since about halfway through the second season, all of the episode titles have been palindromes (for those that don't know what that means, it's a word or phrase that, if read backwards, letter by letter, is the same as the original). Does anyone know what the story behind that is?

Also, many of the earlier episodes have really strange titles, that seem to have nothing to do with the content of their respective episodes. I'm wondering if they are anagrams of something more meaningful. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Yes, the episode titles for Season 1 and early Season 2 are anagrams. In Season 1, put together they spelled out messages. The later part of Season 2 they switched to using palindromes. The anagrams have been discussed in the Spoiler thread.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Trevor said:

If someone has already posted  this, I apologize. I just signed up here, after discovering that IMDB has, apparently, dropped its discussion boards, and I haven't yet figure out how to navigate in this forum to look for other posts on this subject. But since about halfway through the second season, all of the episode titles have been palindromes (for those that don't know what that means, it's a word or phrase that, if read backwards, letter by letter, is the same as the original). Does anyone know what the story behind that is?

Also, many of the earlier episodes have really strange titles, that seem to have nothing to do with the content of their respective episodes. I'm wondering if they are anagrams of something more meaningful. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Yeah, IMDB had to drop their discussion boards because the "young boys" only wanted to talk about T's & A's. They were, let's say, "Not Ready For Primetime" and it became pretty nasty.

As for the Anagrams, there were some sites that had special sections that decoded the titles for each "Blindspot" episode.

p.s. The best way to navigate the forums is to customize your home page to the shows you want to follow and just bookmark your home page. 

Edited by Jacks-Son
Added the postscript.

So far, each title [including 2 not yet aired]

has only one pair of letters that appear twice.

• Back to the Grind........T
  • Enemy Bag of Tricks...E
  • Upside Down Craft.....D
  • Gunplay Ricochet........C
  • This Profound Legacy.O
  • Adoring Suspect............S

Anyone got a sea urchin???

Ignoring spaces, paired letters are separated by a single letter.

• TOT [tot]
  • ENE [Ene]
  • DED [deD]
  • COC [coc]
  • OFO [ofo]
  • SUS [Sus]

Did they already do some kind of ASCII / Hex / GPS code in that scavenger hunt?

Since anagrams are eliminated, I am guessing that there must be some formula based on numeric values derived from key characters....

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2017 at 2:27 PM, paigow said:

Ignoring spaces, paired letters are separated by a single letter.

• TOT [tot]
  • ENE [Ene]
  • DED [deD]
  • COC [coc]
  • OFO [ofo]
  • SUS [Sus]

That's well noticed.  Now, how about reading down the middle "One of u..." - it's early after only 6 letters, and common ones at that, but if that strategy continues to produce real words, maybe...  Anyway, I'm not about to put any money on it. :)

Edited by surreysmum
Apparently I don't know my numbers yet. Back to kindergarten for me!
  • Love 3

Let's see - according to IMDB the next episode title is Fix my present Havoc

• TOT [tot]
  • ENE [Ene]
  • DED [deD]
  • COC [coc]
  • OFO [ofo]
  • SUS [Sus]
  • ESE  [ese]

Reading down the middle we get 'one of us' - good enough for me *hands out honorary Bletchley Park membership stickers*

• Love 3

How many episodes this season?

....IS GOING TO DIE?

....HAS DADDY ISSUES?

....NEEDS TO SHAVE?

On 11/29/2017 at 8:17 AM, MissLucas said:

Let's see - according to IMDB the next episode title is Fix my present Havoc

Reading down the middle we get 'one of us'

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

One of us will get killed?

I hope it's Reade.  He is useless, and I find it appalling that with his background and history that he was approved as Assistant Director.  I know that was Hirsch, but after she was disgraced, all of her appointments should have been reviewed.

(edited)
On 2/11/2018 at 5:14 PM, paigow said:

One Of Us Will Give

#16: Artful Dodge

#17: Mum's The Word

#18: Clamorous Night

#19: Galaxy Of Minds

#20: Let It Go

#21: Defection

#22: In Memory

One Of Us Will Give Our Life

Edited by paigow
Found all titles
  • Love 1
(edited)

Don't know where to put this actually but to me I find striking similarities between Blindspot S3 in particular and the BBCs Killing Eve. If not gimmick in style.

City/location in big bold letters, music. international flavor and instead of a female lead , Roman is the Blindspot's eve, an assassin looking for a home and a 'connection' with those pursuing them. The style or look this year reminds too/so much of Killing Eve.

Eh, watch too much tv I guess

Edited by misstwpherecool