Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Walking On Broken Glass

• Start Topic

Ha omg! I actually did forget that! Do you remember what the circumstances were?

Teresa and Juicy dumped their kids off on Caroline and Al so they could go screw. The girls were being their usual bratty selves - as they had been the whole trip - and when Caroline tried to apply some much-needed discipline, Gabriella tried to hit her. (As much as the thought of Caroline getting punched tickles me, in that instance Gabriella's behavior was unwarranted.)

I was so shocked to hear that she hasn't visited Joe in such a long time.

Well, she has to make time for those old flames, you know. 

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Siggy made this big speech about being proud of her name and made it seem like her name is a part of her identity (and I immediately thought there may be some ties to her Jewish lineage that made her particularly proud of her name now compared to when she was a child) so I googled her...Siggy is her damn nickname? She's been crying over a quick witted comment on her NICKNAME? Her actual name which has ties to her heritage is the name she doesn't even go by....why in the hell have we spent this many episodes hearing her cry over a fake name? 

How do you shatter glass and not a single staff member comes over to check on the table and make sure everyone is ok? Seemed a bit staged. Maybe it's just me, but if my husband really did implicate me in illegal activities, get caught and then I have serve jail time because of it, I wouldn't expect that I would have to ASK for him to apologize and show remorse. Are they being serious? He's never said sorry about what happened? Never thought I'd see the day Teresa teaches someone something, lol. 

Kim D hosts a fundraiser for 3 families who lost their children and when the camera landed on her, she took the time to gossip about Teresa cheating on her husband. As far as I'm concerned, that says all I need to know about Kim D. If Kim D really called Melissa's kids shit then she's a pretty vile person. I know people on these shows go after parenting, but to actually insult the children? That's real low.  

Margaret calls Siggy soggy and Dolores doesn't go to Margaret's event out of loyalty to Siggy who was too upset with Margaret to attend. Kim D says much more damaging things about Melissa and Teresa and Dolores says 'hey I stuck up for you but I'm grown woman I can do what I want'. She is a grown woman and she can do what she wants but she's decided to portray herself as the ultimate example of loyalty - in the words of Chris Brown, that hoe ain't loyal, lol. 

Do any of these HW franchises know how to behave in public? lol

• Love 14
10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I was about to say the opposite then I was like Z, girl what is the opposite of Jewish?  Like Margaret, I digress, sorry lol.     Take it to mean that she's not.    Let's all agree analogies aren't her strong suit but what she was attempting was:  doing terrible things to one doesn't make you terrible to all......because as heinous as Hitler was, he was pretty decent as long as you weren't Jewish.   (<--- I just want to be clear, I'm paraphrasing Margaret's insane ass statement, not stating it myself).    I thought her impression of Siggy was meh until she went from ranting and raving Soggy to stopping the tears on a dime.....then I fell out cackling.  But in the chronological order of things, that was first in the episode.   I'm back to thinking she's a complete moron for using, of all muffucahs, Adolf Hitler to make the point that doing bad things doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.   Bravo-staff blog readers, if you're here, give pigtails 2 messages for me (1) In the entire global accounting of history and humanity, Bitch, he was a bad person.   (2) either have someone install your weave for you or don't do it, but don't ever come out of the house with a pony tail sitting on top of your own ponytail again.  

Sorry for the grouchiness.  The prospect of listening to Mariah Carey sing Christmas songs for the next 26 days already has me on edge. 

Margaret's Hitler comment was in response to Siggy defending her relationship with Kim D by basically saying 'Kim D is nice to me therefore I like her and have a relationship with her'. Margaret's Hitler comment was meant to amplify in a very extreme way that Siggy's thought process is very flawed. Back in those days, Hitler would have been nice to Margaret because she's a purebred white Christian...so by Siggy's standards, it would be justifiable if Margaret were friends with Hitler and liked him. Which sounds ridiculous but that was the point. You're a poor judge of character if you only care that someone treats you well all the while they treat everyone else around you like shit. 

As for Mariah, you and me both, haha.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I read an interview with one of the girls and she said her and her sister - and their mom - took a huge beating after the show.  After reading that, and seeing what a fine job Danielle has done raising her girls, I don't doubt Danielle's sincerity. 

She and Theresa both took a knocking for many years (albeit self-induced to a  large degree).  They do have the idea of "tough years" to bond over.  I hope the relationship is real.  I also think Danielle is the more sane and logical one.  Likely always has been other than the show pushing her overboard the first time around.

I'm with you. As discussed in another thread despite the crazy she's raised two very good girls. Caroline's comments about them having dead eyes was horrific. Teresa and Joe slammed Danielle in the first book a few times and really the Danielle bits take away from an a really good book. Now that Teresa's been through a public backlash and seen how her own kids are affected she should say something even a simple I'm sorry to Christine and Jillian. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!  Right? 

Because:   Teresa to Dolores:   knowing what she did to me, youse are still gonna wawk in her show???   <---- purely organic.  Lol!!

Ain't nothing wrong with your recall, that's how it happened.  And I'm ok with being stunned from an ambush and in shock and oh shit I'm not thinking straight, but the drama doesn't even have to be about me, at the moment when 3 other women have their similar aged children leave the room?  That will snap my ass out of trancedom and they're gonna have to go to the kids table along with the other youngs.     So while:  

I'm here too, because I believe she was hurt that the girls were hurt, at the time she got such a kick out of being the center of some shitty attention (the flashback shows her smizing as though in enjoyment) that she either didn't remember or didn't care that her kids were still in the room.  This was some after the fact blowback clean up the girls brought back from school.    I'm sorry it affected them, but Danielle gets no tears from me Argentina.   Teresa displayed a moment of growth in their role play though.  I was surprised to hear her say I'm glad you're bringing it up and that she agreed to apologize to the girls.   Look at that, turns out we all learn stuff at camp huh? 

I was about to say the opposite then I was like Z, girl what is the opposite of Jewish?  Like Margaret, I digress, sorry lol.     Take it to mean that she's not.    Let's all agree analogies aren't her strong suit but what she was attempting was:  doing terrible things to one doesn't make you terrible to all......because as heinous as Hitler was, he was pretty decent as long as you weren't Jewish.   (<--- I just want to be clear, I'm paraphrasing Margaret's insane ass statement, not stating it myself).    I thought her impression of Siggy was meh until she went from ranting and raving Soggy to stopping the tears on a dime.....then I fell out cackling.  But in the chronological order of things, that was first in the episode.   I'm back to thinking she's a complete moron for using, of all muffucahs, Adolf Hitler to make the point that doing bad things doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.   Bravo-staff blog readers, if you're here, give pigtails 2 messages for me (1) In the entire global accounting of history and humanity, Bitch, he was a bad person.   (2) either have someone install your weave for you or don't do it, but don't ever come out of the house with a pony tail sitting on top of your own ponytail again.  

Sorry for the grouchiness.  The prospect of listening to Mariah Carey sing Christmas songs for the next 26 days already has me on edge. 

Again, another perfect post!!  Agree with all, but especially the bolded....I cannot change the radio station fast enough when I hear one of her songs!!  ;-)

• Love 1
On 11/29/2017 at 11:07 PM, bichonblitz said:

Yeah, why was she allowed to get away with that? 

At the time of filming Teresa had not seen Joe in 3 mos. Wow. I don't think that marriage is going to last once he gets out. I think she is finally starting to see the light. 

Margaret, those are not YOUR kids. They are your ex's kids and you fucked over their father. Live with what you did. Lesson learned. 

they are her kids, or don't you think step parents are "real" parents?!  that's insulting. biological children have gone had to deal with a parent cheating also and they can forgive, why not step kids, it seems she really loves them and is devastated. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, ghertigirl said:

Pinky33, yes this is totally how I interpreted her comment too.  It's a clunky analogy but I think that's where Margaret was going.

Did Melissa really say that she had never been to Italy before?  How is that even possible?  She's a Gorga (no matter what Tre says)!  I've even been to Italy and I am about as far removed from being Italian as you can get.

it is possible since just because you are italian doesn't mean you've been to italy! not everyone can afford  (though in melissa's case, they can add it to their pile of debts)  or has time for a vacation like that. has every american of russian decent been to russia, etc. etc. ?

16 hours ago, jaync said:

Well, so much for NamasTre. Not that I ever bought that bullshit persona, anyway.

That was hilarious. Delores might be the smartest one on this show. (Which, isn't saying much, of course.)

Thank you, Bravo, for the flashbacks showing the hypocritical felon using Kim D. to do her bidding of shitting on Melissa and Joey.

The "Hasn't Teresa been through enough!?" sympathy card is played the fuck out. Save her mother's death, her woes are of her own making, and many have gone through far worse without being afforded the same opportunities and numerous chances.

excellent post. she is a vile disgusting person. i hate watch. i really hope karma bites her in the ass someday soon. namaste teresa you p.o.s.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

they are her kids, or don't you think step parents are "real" parents?!  that's insulting. biological children have gone had to deal with a parent cheating also and they can forgive, why not step kids, it seems she really loves them and is devastated. 

For your info, I do happen to be a step parent and very close with my stepson, however, my stepson has a biological mother.  And if I cheated on my husband, and my stepson couldn't forgive me for it, then I would have to live with what I did. It's been six years. Pigtails is crying for the camera. And her parading her now husband around on TV who she was cheating with I'm sure doesn't help her stepkids feelings towards her. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There was a small screen shot of the article about the 2 males that were killed.

I know they said they arrested 2 men and it was a robbery gone bad.

I for one do NOT believe this for a second. The 2 were tied up, shot execution style and then the car was set on fire with the bodies inside.

I thought Dolores was friends with Caroline and I could have sworn it was Kim D who spilled the beans on Albert's long time mistress

Wait - is this some crossover show that Keith Morrison should be narrating?

• Love 11

Did we learn that at the time of this filming it had been 3 months since Teresa had visited with Joe?  Really?  What about her kids, have they gone 3 months without seeing their father?  If that is true then Teresa is playing a passive aggressive game and it tells us that she really does blame Joe for the mess the both created.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Margaret's Hitler comment was in response to Siggy defending her relationship with Kim D by basically saying 'Kim D is nice to me therefore I like her and have a relationship with her'. Margaret's Hitler comment was meant to amplify in a very extreme way that Siggy's thought process is very flawed. Back in those days, Hitler would have been nice to Margaret because she's a purebred white Christian...so by Siggy's standards, it would be justifiable if Margaret were friends with Hitler and liked him. Which sounds ridiculous but that was the point. You're a poor judge of character if you only care that someone treats you well all the while they treat everyone else around you like shit. 

ya'll ever get that feeling of being so tired that you wind up on the other end of the spectrum back at fully awake?  Lol.  This.    I said her point was doing terrible things to one doesn't make you terrible generally and ya'll are saying no Z, she meant the opposite, doing nice things to one doesn't make you nice generally.    <--is that right?    If not, somebody just come help me over to the couch, I'll be quiet.     

ya'll - glass is 1/2 full

me - glass is 1/2 empty

I got it.  I think :D

1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

I thought I was alone in this feeling.   This is probably the only thing so far that I genuinely like about pigtails.   Whatever the biological definitions were, she considers them her children, to such an extent that it hurts her to think of their rift.   They don't strike me as solely guilt-tears, that came across as a real thing and I like her for it.    But she needs to understand that even if they viewed their relationship the same way she did, how she treated their father was the action that forced them to make a distinction.   Ain't no guarantee them kids would've ever talked to her again if she had birthed em.     She should be happy with the fact that he's still cool with her.

Because:

59 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

For your info, I do happen to be a step parent and very close with my stepson, however, my stepson has a biological mother.  And if I cheated on my husband, and my stepson couldn't forgive me for it, then I would have to live with what I did. It's been six years. Pigtails is crying for the camera. And her parading her now husband around on TV who she was cheating with I'm sure doesn't help her stepkids feelings towards her. 

even without the parading, she's super ::kanyeshrug:: in terms of her behavior.   She was married when she hired Joe to do a job, he saw her come down the stairs and that was that.  Now maybe there had already been trouble in paradise, but in the meantime, publicly anyway, she kinda describes it as some berschert romance and glosses over the part the kids must be struggling with by saying "ideally, do I wish I'd gotten a divorce first? yes...."    It's not that neat and tidy for them.  If they were as close in reality as they were in her memory, she fucked up their norman rockwell with her hot ass loins.  Speaking of which, I'm sorry if this sounds ageist, good for her and all, but I don't want to hear any more sexy talk from Marge Sr.    

Don't mind my Mariah-hate lol, I think she's got an amazing voice.   Which I enjoy hearing.   Once. in. a. while. , 

• Love 7

Didn't Margaret mention she raised the stepkids? Maybe their biological mother wasn't in their life and they considered Margaret their real mom? That could be where all the hurt is coming from. I agree with Siggy's lawyer friend that maybe their dad could try bridging the gap. He and Margaret still seem to have a good relationship despite the affair.

I hate to say it but I thoroughly enjoyed the last 5 minutes. I loved how the dinner went from "you look nice, thanks for having us, the retreat was fun" to glass throwing and screaming. Way more enjoyable then the entire last season of OC. Love them or hate them, these ladies earned their paychecks and brought the drama.

Anyone else notice Danielle's smirk when all the screaming was happening? She was loving it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

ya'll ever get that feeling of being so tired that you wind up on the other end of the spectrum back at fully awake?  Lol.  This.    I said her point was doing terrible things to one doesn't make you terrible generally and ya'll are saying no Z, she meant the opposite, doing nice things to one doesn't make you nice generally.    <--is that right?    If not, somebody just come help me over to the couch, I'll be quiet.     

me - glass is 1/2 empty

I got it.  I think :D

I never thought of it that way but yeah, it is the case of glass half empty/full, haha.  Though your half empty approach falls a little more on the side of Margaret possibly being a Hitler sympathizer, LOL.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I had forgotten.   

man that was awkward.  

1) when they call you 10 times.....but your phone never rang

2) she knew.   ain't no reason to go looking for your husband when he's standing 40 feet away in your eyeline and away from your side for 14 seconds

3) "what are you doing?"  "awww, don't tell me that" - I'd never heard it before.    your side piece just said she was [doing something that requires nudity] and you're gonna stay on the phone?   ::eyeroll:: whymenaresoeasytocatchoutthere.org

4) also never noticed before - Melissa Gorga was wearing somebody's child's shorts.   Those could not have been made for an adult. 

Wait, why are we Zapruder'ing this now?  I feel like Nemo's Dori.  Lol.

• Love 8

Melissa Gorga was wearing somebody's child's shorts.   Those could not have been made for an adult. 

I noticed the not quite appropriate for wine country footwear on her, but that too lol

Wait, why are we Zapruder'ing this now?  I feel like Nemo's Dori.  Lol.

Well, just a reminder about how stable Tre and Joe's marriage has always been ;)

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

I've finally watched this and have, of course, a few random thoughts.

Siggy. Dear lord, woman. I understand wanting to support the families of those murdered young men. I do. Kim D won't give them much -- if any -- of the proceeds of that charity fashion show. I'll wager she's an expert at creative accounting. On the other hand, she handled Melissa's flailing on the ground as she imitated Siggy's flailing on her floor better than I'd thought she would. And she did try -- at least to a degree -- to shut down Kim D's malicious "old flames" gossip.

Dolores. This cat (apologies to actual kitty cats), of course, stirred those "old flames" embers as hard as she could. And when the other women were offering some piece of at least sincere-appearing soul-baring at the retreat, all she could cough up was a hairball about her upcoming dog charity. Again, I'm all about dogs and charities, but -- seriously? This is your deep secret hurt? *sigh* And then she helped instigate all that hysteria at the dinner.

Melissa. I'm mostly Team Melissa this week, in that I don't have anything negative to say about her. ;)  Oh, but no, Melissa, people don't like ferrets as dogs. They like ferrets as ferrets. Gorga-tongue is contagious. Also the scene between Joe Gorga and Milania was both sweet and sad. That girl needs consistent parental figures. And possibly therapy.

Teresa. From my experience with people who are "all about the namaste," they don't throw a lot of wine glasses in public. Honey, you might get farther with your interactions with other people if you shackled your inner shrieking fishwife. Yeah, I know. That's your brand. (Disclaimer:  Several years ago, my husband and I dealt with divorce rumours in our small community by saying, "No, that's not true. Where did you hear that?" and squashing the rumours. Neither of us threw any glasses. Of course, we're sane people.)

Danielle. Yes, Teresa owes her and her children an apology. She very likely owes Teresa one as well.

Margaret. I still don't care for her design aesthetic, but she clearly works hard. She also clearly feels pain at the estrangement from her stepchildren. She left their father for another man. She might just have to deal with their feelings of betrayal. Her ex-husband might be able to help. (Another disclaimer: One of my sons isn't even my official stepson. He just sort of came to live with us when he was in his mid-teens. I've tried to encourage him to maintain some relationship with his birth family -- and it's worked sometimes. But when he was in military service, he listed me as his mother on all his paperwork. )

Edited by WordsWordsWords
To fix stupid typos.
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Teresa. From my experience with people who are "all about the namaste," they don't throw a lot of wine glasses in public. Honey, you might get farther with your interactions with other people if you shackled your inner shrieking fishwife. Yeah, I know. That's your brand. (Disclaimer:  Several years ago, my husband and I dealt with divorce rumours in our small community by saying, "No, that's not true. Where did you hear that?" and squashing the rumours. Neither of us threw any glasses. Of course, we're sane people.)

Assuming it wasn't staged, I thought Teresa showed some restraint. She was enraged but she threw the glass opposite of her target. She also managed to keep her seat initially. It was Delores who stood up first.

Delores really showed what kind of thug she is. That "even if is true" was no slip of the tongue. I had visions of Michael Corleone. She's been working up to this for awhile. This is the woman who told Margaret that she found NOTHING wrong with what Siggy said or did during the cake toss. She also claimed not have heard one insult Siggy was shouting, and she was sober that night. She missed the memorial because of her so called loyalty to Siggy. However the best she could defend Teresa with was that she was only with Joe, so the old flame accusation wouldn't be accurate. However that makes it seem like anyone new is up for grabs. Delores said in a talking head that when she has your back, she will never admit wrongdoing. The contrast between how she defended Siggy vs. how she defended Teresa is very revealing.

• Love 7
On 11/30/2017 at 0:05 AM, Misslindsey said:

Yeah, once she said that it was all over for her. I thought Delores stuck up for Teresa more in her TH's than when she was actually with Kim D. Delores did stick up for Teresa, but it almost felt half-hearted if that makes any sense. It was like she was saying the right things, but was not that firm about it. I would think if the shoe was on the other foot I think Delores would be as angry as Teresa was and expect more of a defense as well.

I thought Teresa throwing the glass did seem very staged, but it was way more entertaining for me than the OC and Atlanta franchises have been. I am already dreading Beverly Hills, because last season I did not really like anyone and I get Teresa angry whenever Kim Richards appears onscreen.

I may be horrible, but Danielle's tears/reaction over her kids hearing Teresa call her a prostitution whore, however many years ago, were a bit much. I may be not remembering correctly, but didn't Dina have Lexi taken out of the room and the rest of the housewives had their non-adult kids leave the room as well while Danielle let her kids stay?

Margaret and Teresa sharing actual issues (maybe some of the others as well) then Delores inviting everyone to her event was all kinds of shitty.

The only way I would go to Siggy's retreat is if Margaret played Siggy. 

You are right. Danielle always subjected her kids to all her drama, including at the table flip. All the other kids left but Danielle made hers stay. She is seriously mentally ill. I don't know why Teresa  is hanging out with her - must be producer driven.

Margaret is the best thing to happen to this show in a long time. Her role play as Soggy - priceless. Melissa did OK too.

Dolores - total cop out when it came to sharing. She and her testosterone filled ex are a total waste of time. She is two faced and she has no story line other than being Soggy's side kick. They are both annoying as hell.

Loved Joe and Milania. 

• Love 8

If Margaret's "Soggy Flicker" comment was so hurtful, and cut Siggy to the core, as she claims, why does she keep repeating it, jokingly, as if she finds it amusing? and why did she print it on t-shirts? 

It sounds like something from The Perpetual Victim's Handbook under the chapter on how to create and beat dead horses.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 12
On 11/30/2017 at 1:13 AM, NeverLate said:

Theresa back to throwing! Methinks the lady does protest too much. lol. She was seeing Joe every two weeks when the story broke, now she sees him what? I think she is done with Joe, plus they moved him to another jail I think.

Delores, here's your spoon lady! Stir...

Siggy has been much better since she's had her butt pellets! I thought her and Magtails would be awful, but it wasn't..

Melissa was great as Siggy, they too moved on. Then that hard face cow Danielle stirred it up. She's trouble, capital T! 

Yeah, its staged/scripted, but I still watch. I just wish when they had extensions, they looked at the back, Theresa and Melissa looked awful. Siggy's looked pretty good, just too damned long..

Teresa's hair looked awful.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

me - glass is 1/2 empty

Margaret was arguing with Siggy.  Siggy was making the point that even though Kim D had done terrible things to Melissa, Teresa (who Siggy claims as friends) and Joe Gorga, she was still going to walk in the fashion show and be chummy with Kim D since Kim D hadn't done anything to her.  Because Siggy is Jewish, Margaret brought up Hitler (who was terrible to Jews) to illustrate to Siggy that just because Hitler would not have killed her (Margaret) doesn't mean it would have been acceptable for Margaret to be okay with him.  It's not a glass half empty/half full situation because there was context in the scene.

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Assuming it wasn't staged, I thought Teresa showed some restraint. She was enraged but she threw the glass opposite of her target. She also managed to keep her seat initially. It was Delores who stood up first.

Delores really showed what kind of thug she is. That "even if is true" was no slip of the tongue. I had visions of Michael Corleone. She's been working up to this for awhile. This is the woman who told Margaret that she found NOTHING wrong with what Siggy said or did during the cake toss. She also claimed not have heard one insult Siggy was shouting, and she was sober that night. She missed the memorial because of her so called loyalty to Siggy. However the best she could defend Teresa with was that she was only with Joe, so the old flame accusation wouldn't be accurate. However that makes it seem like anyone new is up for grabs. Delores said in a talking head that when she has your back, she will never admit wrongdoing. The contrast between how she defended Siggy vs. how she defended Teresa is very revealing.

I agree about Dolores. We'll have to disagree about Theresa. Throwing glasses -- even if not throwing them directly at someone -- doesn't show any kind of restraint, in my opinion.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Teresa's hair looked awful.

Margaret was arguing with Siggy.  Siggy was making the point that even though Kim D had done terrible things to Melissa, Teresa (who Siggy claims as friends) and Joe Gorga, she was still going to walk in the fashion show and be chummy with Kim D since Kim D hadn't done anything to her.  Because Siggy is Jewish, Margaret brought up Hitler (who was terrible to Jews) to illustrate to Siggy that just because Hitler would not have killed her (Margaret) doesn't mean it would have been acceptable for Margaret to be okay with him.  It's not a glass half empty/half full situation because there was context in the scene.

For the science (bitch!) record, the glass is always full.  Just because you don't see air, doesn't mean it's not there...

Oh Margaret. Please don't use Hitler to make a point.

Being friends with someone who is nice to you, but gossips about other people is normal.  I believe you, Theresa, Melissa and Danielle have done your fair share of that in the last 8 episodes.......

Being friends with someone who commits genicide is not normal.

It's a horrible analogy.  Kim D is gross, but she's not Hitler.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I agree about Dolores. We'll have to disagree about Theresa. Throwing glasses -- even if not throwing them directly at someone -- doesn't show any kind of restraint, in my opinion.

I meant Teresa showed some restraint based on her past behaviors. Before her stint in the pokey, I think Teresa would have laid her hands on Delores.

• Love 3
On 12/1/2017 at 6:46 AM, msrachelj said:

Agreed. My stepson is MY SON! I would be devastated if we never spoke again. 

• Love 7

I raised 3 step children 24/7 because their Mom walked out and ran off with someone else. For 27 years I worked to put those kids through good schools and loved them dearly. My youngest passed at 31 (8 years ago) and neither of the other kids have ever spoken to me again. Despite the fact their Dad cheated on me for 27 years now there all We Love Mom and to hell with me. It hurts. Trust and Believe it hurts. I  have a grand daughter I've never even seen! 

Sorry folks I hate to bring my life into this BUT step kids, adopted kids, natural kids, IVF kids. YOU are the parent if you raise them!

Edited by eurekagirl mOo
  • Love 14
On 12/2/2017 at 0:42 PM, Talented Tenth said:

Margaret was arguing with Siggy.  Siggy was making the point that even though Kim D had done terrible things to Melissa, Teresa (who Siggy claims as friends) and Joe Gorga, she was still going to walk in the fashion show and be chummy with Kim D since Kim D hadn't done anything to her.  

= what I said:  doing terrible things to one doesn't make you terrible to all.  

On 12/2/2017 at 0:42 PM, Talented Tenth said:

Because Siggy is Jewish, Margaret brought up Hitler (who was terrible to Jews) to illustrate to Siggy that just because Hitler would not have killed her (Margaret) doesn't mean it would have been acceptable for Margaret to be okay with him.  It's not a glass half empty/half full situation because there was context in the scene.

This is the part I didn't properly understand.  Thanks for explaining.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I raised 3 step children 24/7 because their Mom walked out and ran off with someone else. For 27 years I worked to put those kids through good schools and loved them dearly. My youngest passed at 31 (8 years ago) and neither of the other kids have ever spoken to me again. Despite the fact their Dad cheated on me for 27 years now there all We Love Mom and to hell with me. It hurts. Trust and Believe it hurts. I  have a grand daughter I've never even seen! 

Sorry folks I hate to bring my life into this BUT step kids, adopted kids, natural kids, IVF kids. YOU are the parent if you raise them!

Very true and you don't deserve to be slighted because he was a cad. It is a shame that they haven't learned that love for children is unconditional no matter how they come into our lives. I'm very sorry that you feel this hurt. 

• Love 7
On 12/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, Mindthinkr said:

It might have been the time that they were filming but the attendance to Dolores's dog charity seemed sparse. 

That was also her big "expose your inner self" reveal. A dog charity.  

• Love 3

Don't know how I forgot this -"So, call the fucking tin man."  Thanks, Margaret!

Yes - what was that about?  I didn't get that.

Melissa - ahh bless her heart.  The Bar Mitzvah convo was funny.  As was the ferret comment.  She has had some gems for sure.  Maybe she and her hubby could have afforded a trip to Italy with the money they used to install her now-abandoned recording studio.

I completely understood Margaret's comment, although I do not think it's usually a good idea to use Hitler as a metaphor.  Siggy's comment was saying perhaps Kim D said some bad stuff about Theresa, but she's been nice to Siggy so that is what Siggy is choosing to judge her on.  Margaret's point was maybe look closer at how she treats others, even Hitler was benevolent to some.  

Several conversations seemed staged - 1) the way the Italy trip was intro'ed to everyone, fake and staged.  "Oh what, are you saying you want us ALL to come! Quel surprise!" 2) The decision to "crash" the Posche fashion show.  Italy is obviously the "group trip" of this season and everyone will be going.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

When a woman throws a glass across the dining room at a restaurant and no one comes over to ask if everything is OK....at least they didn't let the staff in on it when Shannon threw a plate across the table at Kelly Dodd.  

Throwing a glass of wine in a restaurant is ok but throwing a cake is not? Puleeze.  So fake.  Stop throwing already, its old.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MV713 said:

Throwing a glass of wine in a restaurant is ok but throwing a cake is not? Puleeze.  So fake.  Stop throwing already, its old.

If Siggy was so sad for the person who made the cake why isn't Siggy crying about the waiter who put the glass on the table? 

And yes it was odd no staff came to see what happened and it didn't seem to ruffle the feathers of any of the other diners, I guess Siggy explained that they were from Jersey, lol.  

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, RHJunkie said:

I think Margaret's analogy was in extremely poor taste.   I know there's an overuse of labelling people and behaviors as Nazi or Hilter-like, but torturing a metaphor into comparing a Jewish woman to a Hitler apologist is pretty foul.  I would imagine that Siggy's Israeli parents lost family in the Holocaust, and I find Margaret a little disgusting for even going there.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Siggy was so sad for the person who made the cake why isn't Siggy crying about the waiter who put the glass on the table? 

And yes it was odd no staff came to see what happened and it didn't seem to ruffle the feathers of any of the other diners, I guess Siggy explained that they were from Jersey, lol.  

looks like from the preview we can expect them to throw things around the restaurants in Italy also!

• Love 1