Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Getting Over Jeff

They've also fleshed him out from your standard rich, white, MBA/JD dudebro.  Giving him daddy issues, especially daddy issues expressed in silly ways, has gone a long way towards making me like him. And then the stuff with his mom was just heartbreaking. I want him and his mom to dump the dad.

• Love 2

The quips between Heather and Rebecca at the beginning of the episode were amazing. "I think it's called a job application."

I totally get Rebecca doing homework and then asking her doctor if he's proud of her. Too real.

Gasp! Syracuse burn. And his reaction. XD

I don't know if Erin Ehrllich being head writer is why this episode feels sharper and jokier but I'm into it.

I did think it was slightly odd to revisit Paula being disconnected from her family after Scott's cheating storyline. I mean, I get it. I just felt like it was off for some reason.

It's also a little weird to have Heather be so chill being around Josh at Home Base.

Again, is Rebecca still employed?

I keep missing the "I Have Friends" music cues but the Ed Sheeran rip off song callback was so obvious. It did make me laugh.

I've missed Rebecca's speed-talking rambling. Sequoia XD

Donna Lynne's lip-syncing usually doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure why. Either she's going too big or maybe the autotune alters her voice too much so it no longer seems like it's coming out of her body. Loved the genre choice for the song. 

Jeff Channington. XD And I get how he'd give her the same glitter feelings that season 1 Josh Chan did. Though I do think Josh had a special quality then for making people feel noticed and appreciated and Jeff was mostly just nice with some compliments. Also, I could not place the actor but I think he just reminds me of C. Thomas Howell crossed with Sam Rockwell.

It felt weird after we spent a few episodes digging into Rebecca's serious mental health issues... and I know the show is about more than romantic relationships, but I did really enjoy Rebecca and Nathaniel's flirty texting session.

Daryl and Josh was a sweet but also mature (relatively speaking) relationship moment. And yet... as cute as their little moments have been, I don't think the show has invested enough in them for it to be a major thing for them to break up.

Wow. I didn't make the connection at all that Rebecca would like Bob specifically as a dad figure.

I liked Jeff Channington. It was useful to highlight the similarities with Josh but also to see how all Paula needed was to hear he regretted breaking up with her. Whereas Rebecca was using Josh as an easy fix to solve/avoid her problems. 

Props to Vincent for the Tom Cruise Cocktail bartending moves. 

I'm sorry. It's really hard not to root for Rebecca and Nathaniel when they have a motif.

Aw, Paula and Scott were too cute.

Ex-boss. So Rebecca is officially not employed?