Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor: Spoiler Thread

Jazz
  • Start Topic

Season 2, Episode 16 Info:

“Believe” – The new chief of surgery, Dr. Jackson Han (Daniel Dae Kim), believes Dr. Shaun Murphy is a liability more than an asset and works to keep him out of the operating room permanently on “The Good Doctor,” MONDAY, FEB. 25 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/thegooddoctor/episodes/believe-1/

Nicholas Gonzalez's wife, Kelsey Crane, is apparently one of the guest stars for the episode. She's in the episode photos that were released today. 

• Love 2

Season 2, Episode 17 info:

"Breakdown" - Dr. Shaun Murphy is desperate to join the team on a dangerous procedure involving a patient’s tumor removal. However, having been removed from the surgery team by Dr. Jackson Han (guest star Daniel Dae Kim), Shaun must use his talents to help figure out the cause of an infant’s injuries.

Air Date: 3/4/2019

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, MVN-Hokies said:

Season 2, Episode 17 info:

"Breakdown" - Dr. Shaun Murphy is desperate to join the team on a dangerous procedure involving a patient’s tumor removal. However, having been removed from the surgery team by Dr. Jackson Han (guest star Daniel Dae Kim), Shaun must use his talents to help figure out the cause of an infant’s injuries.

Air Date: 3/4/2019

Gosh next three weeks look interesting.  I saw a clip of one of them and looks like the visuals are back which I love.  Final episode looks like he is wearing a tie so three episodes of severe questioning of abilities followed by denouement at the medical board?  Equally excited and apprehensive.

• Love 2
On 2/16/2019 at 3:50 PM, doctor destiny said:

Final episode looks like he is wearing a tie so three episodes of severe questioning of abilities followed by denouement at the medical board?  Equally excited and apprehensive.

I hadn't seen anything about the season finale yet, where did you find that info? I assumed that the medical board review would be saved for the finale - perfect set up for another cliff hanger ending. I have a feeling we'll be waiting until Season 3 to hear the fates of Murphy, Melendez, and Lim. 

Edited by MVN-Hokies
12 hours ago, MVN-Hokies said:

I hadn't seen anything about the season finale yet, where did you find that info? I assumed that the medical board review would be saved for the finale - perfect set up for another cliff hanger ending. I have a feeling we'll be waiting until Season 3 to hear the fates of Murphy, Melendez, and Lim. 

I went on a big hunt but couldn't find it.  There are a whole lot of scenes with Shaun standing in man-made rain made using a big horizontal rain maker.  In one you can see he is definitely wearing a tie.  In one scene he looks up in the rain.  Also looks like Debbie is back in one of the future episodes.  Last one? Maybe off on a road trip with Glassman?  There is scene where Glassman approaches her at the counter.

2 hours ago, doctor destiny said:

Also looks like Debbie is back in one of the future episodes.  Last one? Maybe off on a road trip with Glassman?  There is scene where Glassman approaches her at the counter.

She'll definitely be in episode 16: Believe. She's listed as one of the guest stars in the press release from ABC. I think she's good for Glassman, so I hope we keep seeing her.

• Love 2

“Trampoline” – As a barroom fight sends Dr. Shaun Murphy to seek treatment at St. Bonaventure’s, Dr. Alex Park and Dr. Audrey Lim disagree over an elderly woman’s post-operative symptoms. Meanwhile, Dr. Neil Melendez and Dr. Lim make their romance public, and Dr. Aaron Glassman continues to pursue a relationship with a good friend, on the season finale of “The Good Doctor,” MONDAY, MARCH 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

Sheila Kelly is back as Debbie in this episode. 

I can't believe we're so close to the season finale. It's going to be a long break between seasons! I hope that they up the number of episodes for season 3. ABC has definitely had shows that had at least 20 (or more) episodes per season. It seems like the show has been successful enough to warrant a few more episodes per season. 

Also, no mention of the medical board review. They made it seem like such a big deal in "Aftermath", we've barely heard it mentioned since then. I wonder if it will come up tonight too.

Some episode photos were released for episode 17 today too: https://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/thegooddoctor/episodes/breakdown-1/

• Love 1

I love how there's all these typical and happy storylines going on in the finale...and then there's Shaun being involved with a barroom fight. Definitely curious what the deal is with that. Maybe it'll tie into the medical board stuff somehow? 

7 minutes ago, MVN-Hokies said:

I can't believe we're so close to the season finale. It's going to be a long break between seasons! I hope that they up the number of episodes for season 3. ABC has definitely had shows that had at least 20 (or more) episodes per season. It seems like the show has been successful enough to warrant a few more episodes per season. 

I don't think the episode count for each season is ABC's choice-if I recall rightly, I think that's what Highmore wanted when he signed on to do the show. So if there's any change to the episode count, it'd probably have to be worked out with him. 

But yes, it is hard to believe we're winding down already. So many of my shows have either already ended or are close to ending their seasons-there won't be much left for me to watch as we get into March! Good time to perhaps check out any other shows, old or new, that I might've missed out on for whatever reason, then :D. 

11 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I don't think the episode count for each season is ABC's choice-if I recall rightly, I think that's what Highmore wanted when he signed on to do the show. So if there's any change to the episode count, it'd probably have to be worked out with him. 

Interesting. Makes sense that he would have a say in how many episodes he was willing to do. I know filming TV shows is a huge time commitment - especially when he is in so much of each episode, so I understand wanting a relatively shorter season.

15 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I love how there's all these typical and happy storylines going on in the finale...and then there's Shaun being involved with a barroom fight. Definitely curious what the deal is with that. Maybe it'll tie into the medical board stuff somehow? 

I have a feeling that we'll be left with somewhat of a cliffhanger at the end of episode 17 that will lead in to the fight. It seems like in tonight's episode, Shaun's frustration level is rising. It's definitely a possibility that the stuff with Dr. Han combined with the medical board puts him close to a breaking point.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, MVN-Hokies said:

“Trampoline” – As a barroom fight sends Dr. Shaun Murphy to seek treatment at St. Bonaventure’s, Dr. Alex Park and Dr. Audrey Lim disagree over an elderly woman’s post-operative symptoms. Meanwhile, Dr. Neil Melendez and Dr. Lim make their romance public, and Dr. Aaron Glassman continues to pursue a relationship with a good friend, on the season finale of “The Good Doctor,” MONDAY, MARCH 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. 

Sheila Kelly is back as Debbie in this episode. 

I honestly was convinced that this season was 22 episodes. 18 really does feel too short, but maybe it's because they finally are giving Shaun a meaty storyline to work with this season and it's barely started. 

It does give me hope that this will carry over to season 3. I assume there will be a cliffhanger of some sort for the finale, since there's so much that needs to be addressed. I assume one cliffhanger will be Melendez and Lim needing to choose between their relationship and their career (that seems to be a typical TV plot, especially in medical or cop dramas). 

I hope one of the cliffhangers isn't about Glassman. I want to like him next season and the only way to achieve that is to actually have him on the path of remission. 

As for Shaun, I worry most about him. First off, him in a bar fight? That requires him to actually go to a bar, and the summary SOUNDS like his injury is more than just needing a couple of stitches, though probably not as serious as surgery and probably more related to his mental health. I am curious to see how it ties in to his probable breakdown over being forced into Pathology and the medical board stuff. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assume one cliffhanger will be Melendez and Lim needing to choose between their relationship and their career (that seems to be a typical TV plot, especially in medical or cop dramas). 

It will definitely be interesting to see how that plays out. Lim mentioned that there are rules against them seeing each other. I would guess maybe they wouldn't be allowed to be in surgeries together? From the description, it sounds like they make the choice to go public with their relationship. I guess they are willing to handle whatever the consequences may be. 

I feel like we've hardly gotten to see anything of their relationship, so I hope it's not over as quickly as it began. I like the way they stand up to one another and that they've had to work some things out. It feels more realistic (as much as a TV relationship can be realistic).

• Love 2

I wish I had a link, but Canada showed a different promo for the season 2 finale, which....I like the American promo way better. The Canadian promo had Shaun/Claire talking (it's unclear whether this is before or after the barfight) and it ends with Lea finding flowers in their apartment and Shaun standing there. Again, unclear if that happens at the end of the finale or not. I'm hoping it's at the beginning and Lea turns him down, just so we don't end the season on possible Lea/Shaun. She's really not all that, Shaun. 

• Love 2

So, looking at those photos, and then looking at the promo again, I feel like the part where Shaun's in the hospital bed is potentially not even real. It seems like this:

151442_6301-900x0.jpg

takes place after the bar fight. It looks like Shaun's fine in the other pictures, and this guy is worse off (looks like he might have hit his head, possibly due to Shaun pushing him back). He looks just fine here, and it seems like this is after the fight (it looks like he's sitting in an ambulance):

151442_0094-900x0.jpg

So, from what I gather, the shot of Shaun in the hospital bed from the promo is a fake-out. I can't fully decide when the barfight will happen in the episode. My thoughts:

1. The scene where Carly tells Shaun that he doesn't work there anymore is near the beginning of the episode
  2. It looks like Shaun/Claire's talk is before the bar fight since he's wearing the same clothes and the setting looks like it takes place during the day. However, the bar scene isn't necessarily at night so the bar fight could happen first and then Claire/Shaun talk later on
  3. It seems like Shaun is relatively fine. Not sure where the promo shot of him in the hospital bed fits in, but I'm pretty sure it's a fakeout. They wouldn't typically put that in a promo if it was actually very important. 
  4. The Shaun/Lea scene likely is a cliffhanger or at least near the end of the episode. With how Lea has acted toward Shaun all season, she should theoretically turn him down

I don't know why they even bothered to tease a serious injury for Shaun if it looks like he doesn't even need any treatment (unless I'm wrong about the photo's timeline). It just pisses me off more that Lea/Shaun are likely to be the cliffhanger here and this finale might be centered more about Shaun's feelings for his roommate who has shown no romantic feelings toward him this season. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why they even bothered to tease a serious injury for Shaun if it looks like he doesn't even need any treatment (unless I'm wrong about the photo's timeline). 

I agree that it looks like the bar fight doesn't seriously injure Shaun, he just goes with the guy to the ER. I'm wondering if the scene with him in the hospital bed will end up being the cliff hanger for the end of the episode. Maybe Shaun continues to fall apart and somehow ends up in the hospital? 

• Love 1
(edited)

MVN has a point. Many injuries may look mild at first, but end up far more severe then suspected.(like in the deaths of Natasha Richardson and Princess Diana)

Edited by Lotrfan 8
  • Love 2

Miranda Richardson is still alive. I think you're thinking of Liam Neeson's late wife Natasha Richardson.  🙂

But agreed - Shaun's injuries could end up being more severe than expected at first glance. OR... the conversation he's having with Claire while sitting in the back of the ambulance is part of a dream state conversation (if the show wants to go the route of trippy lessons-learned-while-unconscious trope). Either way, I'm curious to see next week's episode. I want to know what happens!

I hope it's not a cliffhanger. I hate waiting months to find out what happens. LOL.

• Love 4
(edited)

One of my friends on Nanowrimo who is a EMT told me that trauma to the chest area around the lungs and heart can cause a cardiac arrest.

Most promotions photos I see also don't or at least try not to give the ending or major plot points away.

Edited by Lotrfan 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So, looking at those photos, and then looking at the promo again, I feel like the part where Shaun's in the hospital bed is potentially not even real. It seems like this:

151442_6301-900x0.jpg

takes place after the bar fight. It looks like Shaun's fine in the other pictures, and this guy is worse off (looks like he might have hit his head, possibly due to Shaun pushing him back). He looks just fine here, and it seems like this is after the fight (it looks like he's sitting in an ambulance):

151442_0094-900x0.jpg

So, from what I gather, the shot of Shaun in the hospital bed from the promo is a fake-out. I can't fully decide when the barfight will happen in the episode. My thoughts:

1. The scene where Carly tells Shaun that he doesn't work there anymore is near the beginning of the episode
  2. It looks like Shaun/Claire's talk is before the bar fight since he's wearing the same clothes and the setting looks like it takes place during the day. However, the bar scene isn't necessarily at night so the bar fight could happen first and then Claire/Shaun talk later on
  3. It seems like Shaun is relatively fine. Not sure where the promo shot of him in the hospital bed fits in, but I'm pretty sure it's a fakeout. They wouldn't typically put that in a promo if it was actually very important. 
  4. The Shaun/Lea scene likely is a cliffhanger or at least near the end of the episode. With how Lea has acted toward Shaun all season, she should theoretically turn him down

I don't know why they even bothered to tease a serious injury for Shaun if it looks like he doesn't even need any treatment (unless I'm wrong about the photo's timeline). It just pisses me off more that Lea/Shaun are likely to be the cliffhanger here and this finale might be centered more about Shaun's feelings for his roommate who has shown no romantic feelings toward him this season. 

I think they may be going there.  The place that any parent of an autistic kid most fears.  That the suicide rate of autistic adults is sky high.  I think it's a bait and switch.  If you look at the bar room it looks like the antagonist needs help and Shaun looks after him.  Still the good man and the good doctor.  The scene with Shaun in bed may be related to self-harm which comes later which is the cliffhanger.  I hope that's not what is happening but I fear it is.  That would be *exactly* the kind of thing David Shore would do.  Subvert the whole premise of the series.  You take an abused fostered autistic man with barely a support mechanism (his brother having died in front of him) out of the country, make him jump through hoops due to prejudice, give and then take away a love interest.  Almost kill a patient.  Look after your cancer-stricken father figure.  Have his best friend and supporter move away.  Love interest comes back and is no longer interested and finds another partner.  You chug along for a while and then you have it all taken away from you by a blatantly prejudiced person - despite performing above and beyond.  And you expect him not to crumble?  Anyone not to crumble?  Claire can see what is happening but no one else seems to care enough because they don't see Shaun as a man.  I could well be wrong and I hope I am.  But that's my thesis based on the pictures of the episode and the two trailers.

Update:  Realllly happy to be wrong!

Edited by doctor destiny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Is it ok to post theories?

What if Dr Melendez didn't get Chief of Surgery because he got hospital president?  Lim said it will be hard for Andrews to survive the fallout.  And Melendez said he heard from Andrews Asst that Lim got Chief of Surgery.  Plus he said he wouldn't give up new position for her.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, helenofphilly said:

Is it ok to post theories?

What if Dr Melendez didn't get Chief of Surgery because he got hospital president?  Lim said it will be hard for Andrews to survive the fallout.  And Melendez said he heard from Andrews Asst that Lim got Chief of Surgery.  Plus he said he wouldn't give up new position for her.  

I was wondering the same thing when the episode aired! It seems like quite a stretch for him to jump to president without being Chief of Surgery (or another higher position) first. Also, based on an interview with show runner David Shore, I believe they will be exploring the new dynamic between Lim and Melendez with her as his superior. I doubt Andrews is going anywhere after reading the interview. 

From TVLine's Fall Preview:

the-good-doctor-fall-tv-preview-2019.jpg

THE GOOD DOCTOR

The Season 3 premiere picks up the day after Shaun and Carly’s first date, which is shown throughout the episode via a series of flashbacks. “Things don’t go perfectly,” showrunner David Shore tells TVLine. “How [Shaun] reacts to that, and how he reacts going forward, is going to be an ongoing [storyline].” Early episodes will in turn explore “the nuances of relationships, and the artificiality of relationships… that Shaun sees through.”

On the administrative front, Lim takes on a more “political role” as chief of surgery, while a cancer-free Glassman will return to St. Bonaventure “in a slightly different capacity.”

Meanwhile, Melendez’s protégés will face a series of new challenges as they enter their third year of residency. Among them is the opportunity to take the lead on routine surgical procedures, which creates a bit of competition between Drs. Morgan and Park. “As you get more senior, the stakes become higher,” Shore says. “It’s going to be a challenge for all of them, including Shaun.”

BONUS SPOILER!: Glassman and Debbi are poised to tie the knot in a “unique” wedding ceremony, Shore teases. But first, they’ll have to reckon with just how little they actually know about each other, despite being very much in love.

---

Nothing about Claire? ::sigh::

• Love 2

I just binge watched the second half of the series and i wouldnt be opposed to  Park and Morgan hook up. I know it’s random but they shared a good few scenes near the end of the season and I thought they had a nice chemistry. I’d find it a lot more interesting then the Lim and Melendez snorefest. 

• Love 1

Season 3 premiere synopsis and photos are out: https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/09/the-good-doctor-episode-301-disaster.html

“Disaster”

– Following what he believes was a disastrous first date with Carly, Dr. Shaun Murphy proposes a radical surgery to save a newlywed woman’s life. Meanwhile, after the new chief of surgery, Dr. Audrey Lim, announces that the residents can lead surgeries, Dr. Morgan Reznick and Dr. Alex Park compete for the chance to operate on an elderly patient who has been diagnosed with cancer on the season premiere of “The Good Doctor,” MONDAY, SEPT. 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. ...

“Disaster” was written by David Shore and directed by Mike Listo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Robert Sean Leonard to Guest-Star in Season 3:

Leonard will appear in the season’s third episode (airing Monday, Oct. 7) as Shamus O’Malley, an avid sports fisherman. In the Claire-centric installment, the third-year resident “faces complications at home and at work as she prepares to lead her first surgery,” while the rest of Melendez’s team tends to Shamus. He is rushed to the hospital following a fishing accident that challenges them “as they look to treat his injuries without damaging his prize catch,” according the official logline — and as seen in the first-look images above and below.

robert-sean-leonard-the-good-doctor-2.jp

• Love 3

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Will we get to see more of Claire and Shaun’s friendship on The Good Doctor this season? —Malasha

Ausiello: Indeed, at the very start of the season (premiering Monday, Sept. 23), “There’s a lovely scene … in terms of Shaun’s first date, and how Claire is there to support him,” Freddie Highmore shares. “But I think we’ll also see Shaun needing to support Claire a bit more in this third season, which will be interesting, as her character goes through a more difficult time than she’s had in the past.”

• Love 2

Um - speaking of drama for Claire, her mother is coming back in episode 2:

"Debts" - As Dr. Marcus Andrews vows to help a good Samaritan who was injured while stopping a sexual assault, Dr. Audrey Lim faces a difficult decision when a young patient's parents suspect that Dr. Neil Melendez made a mistake. Meanwhile, Dr. Shaun Murphy fields advice following his disastrous date with Dr. Carly Lever; and Dr. Claire Browne gets a surprise visit from her mother

on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, SEPT. 30 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Guest starring is Sharon Leal as Breeze Browne and Shelia Kelley as Debbie Wexler.

"Debt" was written by Peter Noah and directed by Mike Listo.

• Love 1

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: Good Doctor fan, here. Any hope for Shaun and Lea ‘shippers? —Diane
Ausiello: This season, Lea plays the “supportive friend and roommate,” according to showrunner David Shore, who adds, “She considers Shaun a friend. Does she have deeper feelings for him? I think that’s an open question that we’ll explore as we go forward.”

Question: Any intel on Claire’s storyline on The Good Doctor this season? —MJ
Ausiello: Claire’s bipolar mom Breeze (returning guest star Sharon Leal) will resurface, posing “some significant challenges” for the surgical resident and forcing her to take a good hard look at “who she really is and who she thinks she is,” teases Shore.

• Love 1

3.03 synopsis:

"Claire" - Dr. Claire Brown faces complications at home and at work as she prepares to lead her first surgery. Meanwhile, a sports fishing accident challenges the rest of the staff as they look to treat the fisherman's (Robert Sean Leonard) injuries without damaging his prize catch on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, OCT. 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Guest starring is Sharon Leal as Breeze Browne, Michelle Reynolds as Kyla-Drew and Robert Sean Leonard as Shamus O'Malley.

"Claire" was written by Liz Friedman and Tracy Taylor, and directed by Allison Lidi-Brown.

3.04 synopsis:

"Take My Hand" - As a conspiracy theorist (Josh Malina) questions Dr. Neil Melendez's of his liver damage, Dr. Claire Brown treats a woman whose inability to feel pain is threatening both her marriage and her life. Meanwhile, Dr. Shaun Murphy and Dr. Aaron Glassman each face crises in their romantic relationships, on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, OCT 14. ...

Guest starring is Josh Malina as Mitchell Stewart and Shelia Kelley as Debbie Wexler.

"Take My Hand" was written by Doris Egan and directed by Tara Nicole Weyr.

• Love 1

3.06 synopsis:

DR. SHAUN MURPHY'S RESIDENCY IS PUT IN JEOPARDY ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, NOV. 4, ON ABC

"45-Degree Angle" - While performing his first solo surgery, Dr. Shaun Murphy alienates a nurse, which puts his residency in jeopardy. Also in this episode, Dr. Neil Melendez disagrees with Dr. Audrey Lim on a risky surgery, and Dr. Claire Brown spirals into self-destructive behaviors, causing negative ramifications in the workplace, on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, NOV 4 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Guest starring is Elfina Luk as Nurse Villanueva and Sheila Kelley as Debbie Wexler.

"45-Degree Angle" was written by Sal Calleros and directed by Steve Robin.

• Love 1

3.07 synopsis:

DR. SHAUN MURPHY CONNECTS WITH A PATIENT FIGHTING SCID ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, NOV. 11

"SFAD" -

Dr. Shaun Murphy's unique ability to relate to a patient isolated by an immune deficiency yields an unexpected result. Meanwhile, Dr. Claire Browne, Dr. Morgan Reznick and Dr. Marcus Andrews treat a 12-year-old patient who is about to become blind, and tension builds between Dr. Neil Melendez and Dr. Audrey Lim
on a new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, NOV. 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), ...

Guest starring is Haley Ramm as Tara, Kiefer O'Reilly as Charlie and Sheila Kelley as Debbie Wexler.

"SFAD" was written by Jessica Grasl and directed by Alrick Riley.

Relationship drama seems to be a theme...

3.08 and 3.09 synopses:

HOW CLOSE IS TOO CLOSE? AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR' AIRS MONDAY, NOV. 18

"Moonshot" - Carly's attempts at increasing her intimacy with Shaun are becoming more of a frustration than either of them expected. Meanwhile, Lim and Melendez struggle in their relationship as they work to separate their work from their personal life on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, NOV. 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DS).

Guest starring is Donna Benedicto as Wren Braxton, Kathleen Duborg as Rosalind Elion, Paul McGillion as Leo Adan, Elfina Luk as Nurse Villanueva and Karin Konoval as Nurse Petringa.

"Moonshot" was written by David Renaud and directed by X. Dean Lim.

IS IT REALLY WORTH THE RISK? AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR' AIRS MONDAY, NOV. 25

"Incomplete" - Shaun is ready for the next step in his relationship with Carly; however, he continues to struggle as they grow closer and more intimate, and is dealt some troubling news about a deeply personal issue. Meanwhile, a young patient must decide on a treatment that could save her life or possibly destroy her marriage on an original episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, NOV. 25 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.

Guest starring is Sheila Kelley as Debbie Wexler, Sharif Atkins as Kane Omar, Irene Choi as Jeanie Kim and Hayden Szeto as Tony Liu.

"Incomplete" was written by Brian Shin and directed by Marisol Adler.

• Love 1

A couple of promo photos from the next episode here at TVLine, plus it seems like they've got the full synopsis, but aren't sharing it, but they give a tease:

The medical drama’s Jan. 13 episode (ABC, 10/9c) picks up after Shaun’s trip to Wyoming, during which he achieved a level of intimacy with his roommate that he has yet to achieve with his girlfriend Carly. That realization is not entirely lost on him, but he “struggles to process the full implications” of what it means for his relationship moving forward, according to the official logline. “He will ultimately do what it takes to make it up to Carly” — but will it be enough?

The photos seen here suggest that Shaun has his work cut out for him. Upon his return to California, Carly “will struggle” with not being asked to accompany her boyfriend when he went to confront his parents — especially in the wake of Shaun and Carly’s own intimacy issues.

And from this previous interview with the showrunner:

TVLINE | Before they left for Wyoming, Lea and Glassman urged Shaun to call Carly and let her know where — and with whom — he was going. How is Carly going to react to this trip in which she was not asked to attend?

She will struggle with that very issue. She will challenge Shaun on that. She will question him about why that choice was made. She will be dealing with her own emotions about that choice, and a large chunk of the next episode is going to be dealing with exactly that.

Look, I always figured that Shaun/Carly would be a long-term (in terms of a TV season) but not a permanent relationship, but it really does a disservice to everyone involved (and the audience) that they only focus on the 'struggles', and neglect to show why they enjoy being together and why this relationship is worth it for them. Do they want us to root for them or not?

• Love 6
On 12/26/2019 at 1:14 PM, Trini said:

And from this previous interview with the showrunner:

Look, I always figured that Shaun/Carly would be a long-term (in terms of a TV season) but not a permanent relationship, but it really does a disservice to everyone involved (and the audience) that they only focus on the 'struggles', and neglect to show why they enjoy being together and why this relationship is worth it for them. Do they want us to root for them or not?

Exactly. They always show us their struggles, but only tell us about the really good moments. So it's hard to root for them to last, especially when they keep bringing back Lea/Shaun. I knew that Carly/Shaun wasn't likely to last past this season, but I really thought they'd do better at showing the good AND the bad...or, really, the struggles but also the triumphs of their relationship. 

It's not like we haven't seen Shaun and Carly clash in every single episode. Why can't we get an episode where things are good between them? It just makes it seem like Carly will break up with Shaun before the end of the season. 

• Love 3

When I think back to last season, it was set up as a surprise to viewers when Sean took flowers and went to ask for a date...with Carly. He knew what/who he wanted and went for it, but we didn't know. We haven't seen what makes their relationship a real thing.

• Love 2

Synopsis for 3.11:

LINES HAVE BEEN CROSSED ON THE MIDSEASON RETURN OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, JAN. 13

"Fractured" - Following his father's death, Shaun must deal with the effects his intimacy with Lea will have on his relationship with Carly. Meanwhile, the team operates on a patient who is refusing all anesthesia during surgery for fear of relapsing, on the midseason return episode of "The Good Doctor," MONDAY, JAN. 13 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

<...>

Guest starring is Milauna Jemai Jackson as Kerry Gaston, Moises Arias as Luca Jones, Kelly-Ruth Mercier as Dr. Donna Malkin, Adil Zaidi as Nurse Mag Dhanoa and Elfina Luk as Nurse Villanueva.

"Fractured" was written by Mark Rozeman and directed by Gary Hawes.

• Love 2

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a30418558/the-good-doctor-season-3-lim-melendez-christina-chang/ 

And finally, will Dr. Lim and Dr. Melendez get back together after their crushing episode 8 breakup?

We might not be able to answer those first two burning questions just yet, but thanks to Christina Chang (who plays Dr. Audrey Lim on the show), we can answer the third. We're warning you now, though: You might not like the answer.

"Currently there aren't any plans to bring that couple back together ... not before the end of this season," Christina spilled to Good Housekeeping during a mid-hiatus interview. "We're definitely still navigating our feelings for one another. Their feelings haven't gone away — it's just that they can't do anything about it. Lim is trying to be a little bit more professional, a little more objective as his boss."

Ugh. We get it, but it's still not what we wanted to hear. But if Limendez just isn't destined to be (for now, anyway), does that mean there could be some truth to the rumors brewing about a Claire-Melendez relationship?

Christina can't give us a definitive answer on the future of "Melendaire," as the potential couple has been dubbed on Twitter, but yes, she has seen the buzz amongst fans — and she understands why their dynamic has piqued viewers' interest.

"People are starting to see a friendship develop between Melendez and Dr. Browne, and that's going to be sort of addressed and dealt with in some upcoming episodes. That's all I can say," she says with a laugh.

• Useful 1

I just started watching this show sporadically.  Being in the medical field and working with residents, I have a hard time believing Shaun would be a successful surgeon with his issues.  He is portrayed to be "brilliant" but his lack of social skills, inability to tolerate or function within the normal chaos of a hospital makes this show very farfetched.  Maybe it is just the character as it is written but in real life I would not want him to be responsible for my health care.

• Love 2

3.13 synopsis; we meet Reznik's mom:

SOMETIMES IT IS HARDER TO LIVE THAN TO DIE ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF ABC'S 'THE GOOD DOCTOR,' MONDAY, JAN. 27

"Sex and Death" - Dr. Shaun Murphy and Dr. Morgan Reznik grapple with a terminal cancer patient who is determined to live the last few months of his life without inhibition. Meanwhile, Dr. Reznik must confront her relationship with her mother when she comes in for a third opinion from Dr. Glassman; and Shaun and Carly's relationship reaches a new level of intimacy on an all-new episode of "The Good Doctor,"?MONDAY, JAN. 27?(10:00-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-14, DS)...

<...>

Guest starring is Annette O'Toole as Caroline Reznik, Allen Leech as Ariel Reznik, John Ales as Oliver Thomas and Bonita Friedericy as Bella Thomas.

"Sex and Death" was written by Doris Egan and directed by Steven DePaul.

• Love 1