Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Goren and Eames...And Hi, Mike Logan!

But I thought they made that part up, about her being in love with him? To get him to confess?

Nope.  As I said, in the cold open (which usually contains the setup scenes to the initial murder), she was shown telling a guy about Dorian (though not revealing his name) and that she'd fallen for him.  There was a lot of love on her face and in her voice.  Plus, Goren and Eames had found proof of her feelings for him after learning from her father that she'd been preparing to move to NYC full-time to be with him.

• Love 5

I often wonder how many drafts of episodes there are before the final product. I say this because, recently, "The View From Up Here", the creepy episode with strange Adam Goldberg as the guy who killed the husband of the woman he was stalking, aired. And in the description, it always mentions Eames going undercover in the building.

I never recall that happening, no matter how many times I've seen it.

(On a side note, although it isn't a S4 episode: I read elsewhere that there was actually a slightly different ending on the S10 episode, "The Consoler". That apparently, in advance copies sent for review, I guess at the end of Goren questioning Johnny about murdering Theresa, it is claimed that Eames actually had a line in the observation room, telling Hannah, "He's back." It was also said that there were a lot more "welcome backs" to G/E at the beginning, where they go to see the body. (I'm guessing this was changed since, even though it was supposed to be, "The Consoler" was bumped as the S10 premiere.))

I'd love to see the cutting room floor stuff.

Oh, and I think I saw the Forensic Files episode that inspired (perhaps) "In The Dark", the episode with the stone baby and Butch the Mechanic killing homeless workers after they would bid on cars at auction. Except instead of cars, the real case had the victims bidding on cattle at the behest of the guy who helped them open bank accounts, etc.

The guy would have them bid, give these guys bad checks to pay, and then would sell the cattle and kill the men and buried them on his farm property. Sad and scary. Guess it was a check scam. He deservedly died in prison.

If the above didn't inspire the episode, the setup is one heck of a coincidence.

"Ex-Stasis": A guy kills a wife and mother that received his organ transplant just because she failed to live up to his expectations of how to use her life?!

You know this show reminds me that some killers earn the death penalty a thousand times over.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"Ex-Stasis": A guy kills a wife and mother that received his organ transplant just because she failed to live up to his expectations of how to use her life?!

You know this show reminds me that some killers earn the death penalty a thousand times over.

I agree with everything, but I can't help of getting a perverse chuckle of thinking of this creepster as a live version of the Operation game. Remove one kidney here, remove a piece of a liver there...

• Like 1

Seems that WE's block so far is all about hideous parents: The aforementioned Rachel and her homicidal birth parents in "The Good Child" and now, we come to "Beast", where a mother fostered the hate of two sisters by pushing the would-be boyfriend of one daughter on to the more favored daughter.

Too bad Cousin Balki the Demented Dentist wasn't worth it!

• Love 2

"Shibboleth" was on earlier.. "All the PreTTy girls".... the rapist father and his mixed up son who saw the Polaroid that led him to tie up his teddy bear. And women. Another parent who didn't give a damn.

That "father" disowning his son was the best thing that could have happened to the guy. There were a lot of douchebag criminals on this show, but that one was a sicko.

On another note, "No Exit" is again airing. Darrell Hammond's Len Timmons, as good a job as he did with him, was such a cliché. The ruthless shark businessman. But maybe it worked enough for DH to play. Didn't require a lot of stretching. Not that DH was bad. He actually did a good job with the smarminess, but he seems to have roots in comedy and I don't recall DH doing a lot of drama.

• Like 1

"No Exit" airing now ... best line ever ... "You can go do your little dance in hell now" -- Eames

Yes! Just saw it. I wonder if that was in the script or an ad lib from KE? Because I just noticed after the line, when VDO/Bobby turns back to KE/Alex, he has a smile on his face, looks like he may want to give a chuckle.

• Love 2

I am so dense. I always knew John Shea played the killer bio-dad in "The Good Child", but I never figured out 'til now that it was Melissa Leo playing Maureen, the klepto killer birth mother, Maureen!

She looked so different to me from HLOTS (and I even recall her in her beginnings on All My Children in the early '80s!) that I didn't place her.

• Love 1

Nicole said something about Goren's mother, and he replied "In her wildest delusions, she never spawned anything like you."

I think that pretty well sums it up! :D

OMG, I forgot that gem of a line. That was perfect!

Actually, I squatted in a bus station.

LOL!

Hey! It's creepy Spencer the artist and "The Posthumous Collection" now. Cool! (Ironically, MyNetwork showed S2's "Cold Comfort" today with that other bastard named Spencer, Spencer Durning. )

Spencer is a synonym for evil on this show, I guess.

Robert Carradine played a good wacko chess prodigy. Funny that he is uncle (?) to Martha Plimpton (Jo Gage), who is actually a Carradine herself. Keeping it in the acting family with the crazies (in terms of characters!), I guess!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Eames was such a buzzkill when Goren wanted to knock back that shot with Penn. "We're on duty...."

Lighten up! LOL

Well, she is senior partner!  :-)  And, buzzkill or not, she was right. Poor Bobby. LOL!

No sympathy to anyone who gets involved with Nicole.  She knew what she was in for, yet got in deep with her, anyway.  She deserved it.

Yup. Nicole is a piranha of character souls. (Hey, it sounds good to me!)

The Asian girl was 19.  She didn't know who she was fuckin' with.

Meh, her parents basically gave G/E her history and she sounded like a screw up from farther back. So birds of a feather where Nicole was concerned!  :-P So she took the risk - and lost her life.

At least the alternate ending of this episode is pretty good.  (Woot! Dead Nicole!)

USA showed "Shibboleth" and the voice of the actor playing Frank McNair, the perp and serial killer (whose grown son was screwed up by a photo of a victim of his dad's that he found as a kid), was familiar. He must have really aged between S4 and S9, because it was the same actor, Kevin Conway, playing Frank and playing Jackie Dooley in S9's "solo Goldblum premiere", "Broad Channel". How I missed it, I don't know.

But thanks to cooks, I know he also played a corrupt cop out to frame Lennie on the Mothership, so he must not mind being typecast!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The peanut scene in "The Unblinking Eye" is a nice bit of humor as the restaurant worker talks of suspects with their hands all over each other - and the peanuts, which Bobby was munching.

His face was priceless. Stopped him cold.

Since we're talking "Beast" in the parents' thread, can someone answer me this: do we ever find out how the dentist killed Morgan, other than "with dioxin?" Is it just assumed it was through some dental procedure? I thought the show established early on that you can't really ingest it (which is why Colleen's method, while diabolical, is also pretty creative, considering).

Great episode, but that's kind of a dangling plot thread they left.

I hate when they don't give all the details, it kills me as I am meticulous about that sort of thing.

There was a SVU episode that made me scream. I don't remember the title, but an art student said her professor raped her. It became a he said/she said case and could go either way. The juror stands up and says "We the jury find the defendant..." and it fades to black. I hated Dick Wolf with a passion at that moment.

Thinking about it, Colleen on "Beast" is extra pathetic, only because of the golden opportunities dropped into her lap that she completely squanders. When she visits the dentist's office while at Planet Preserve, to collect samples of lap equipment, which contain dioxin, what does she do with this information?? Confront him? Blackmail him?

No, she sits on it until she can use the same idea to get rid of the dentist's next wife. Doesn't even frame him for it or anything -- keeps claiming it's "Mr. Coffee."

I always like to think of woman killers as potential disciples of Nicole Wallace. This sadsack wouldn't last a day before she found herself on the business end of a hypodermic needle. Probably with dioxin in it.

• Love 1

Speaking of Colleen, ION just aired the episode. And was reminded how awful the mother was. She seemed to be the crux of Colleen's issues, actually. Surprised Colleen didn't try to off Mommie Dearest along with her obsession's wife.

• Love 1
Though when Adam Goldberg (inexplicably, bizarrely) says at the end "I killed your man," I always mentally add "And Chandler's fish!" He will always be creepy roommate Eddie on Friends to me.

Ironically, "The View From Up Here" aired on WE today (well, yesterday now), and with the very recent quasi-cast reunion for the James Burrows special on Sunday night, that is exactly what I thought of! LOL! (I loved when he replaced the fish with a Goldfish cracker!) I could see crazy Victor watching Darla sleep as Eddie did to Chandler, too.

I guess Adam Goldberg made a nice career out of playing potentially insane oddballs, though, so more power to him, I guess!

• Like 1

Fisher Stevens seemed to excel at playing slimy people, now on "Semi-Detached" and later in S7 in "Self Made". I cannot picture him with Michelle Pfeiffer all those years ago! (They were an item for a while, I guess.)

Anyone recall him as the Indian tech guru in Short Circuit? (Yeah, Short Circuit!)

Gotta say the actor who plays the killer in "Shibboleth", Kevin Conway, was effectively creepy. And casting did good with the actor who played his grown ex-con son. They sort of looked alike.

But Frank was more interesting than his S9 character, Jackie Dooley in "Broad Channel" (to me).

One of the guest actors in "The View From Up Here" in S4, the one with the luxury condo that was falling to pieces with the murder victim killed by a chainsaw, Reed Birney, has actually been nominated for a Tony Award! Pretty cool. I recall he played a husband to...was it the one that girlk Ann Marie tried to kill, maybe?

All I recall is I know he was in the episode. Hee. Congrats to him.

"The View From Up here" rivals the Addams Family home for general creepiness and freakishness, i.e. Anne Marie, the girl who believed God told her to kill with a chain saw and Victor, the wall-climbing stalker killer.

I have expect Victor to be like his Friends counterpart, Eddie, holding up mannequin heads outside windows and having a Goldfish cracker as a pet. Adam Goldberg excels at playing wackos.

• Like 1