Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Perfecting the Mindfucking Technique!

Yes, the pervy vet. ::shudder::

I never understood how his partner in crime, so to speak, attracted all of those women to target in the first place. He struck me as wimpy and a bit of a drip.

No danger of me ever becoming his victim. But one of them was the mother from "Magnificat" so there's that.

Oh yeah, I recognized Carrie Preston in a hurry. So, I think that made three CI appearances for her: "Zoonotic", "Magnificat", and "Bedfellows".

I hope that Shel Shattenstein lawyer in "Tomorrow" isn't based on any sort of reality. There's inept and there's downright idiotic. Anyone that had someone like him for a lawyer would, no doubt, be granted a new trial because of inadequate representation.

God bless the fiction of TV!

I interviewed a guy once with Aspberger's, and I knew ahead of time that he was autistic, yet he showed nothing out of the ordinary during the time we talked. He's now a successful journalist with a major city's newspaper. :) I wonder what was the writer's thinking process when he picked that as the reason the murders occurred as they did, in the pattern of 5.

I interviewed a guy once with Aspberger's, and I knew ahead of time that he was autistic, yet he showed nothing out of the ordinary during the time we talked. He's now a successful journalist with a major city's newspaper. :) I wonder what was the writer's thinking process when he picked that as the reason the murders occurred as they did, in the pattern of 5.

Oh, I've read (as I, as far as I know, don't know anyone with Asperger's) that there are various degrees of the condition, from high functioning, as it sounds like your acquaintance was, to those more severely afflicted. Wally strikes me as maybe in the middle.

I do wonder if any of the writers researched this or knew someone like Wally and based the character on that person.

For a killer, I really felt sorry for the poor guy.

Me too. It just seemed so incredibly cold that his ex just took the kids and left him and even took out a restraining order so that he couldn't see his own kids....all because he had Aspergers? I have Aspergers too, and even though it's not as severe, it's caused some serious problems for me at the moment. Luckily I've got a loving, supportive family. Maybe if Wally had the same, things would have been different for him.

But at least Goren was nice enough to be a pen pal.

• Love 2

I think Wally mentioned that she left him for a man with more money. "Women like men with money." Which was his motivation for the murders and insurance scam, he wanted to get enough money to woo her back. He probably drove her nuts, stalking her and the kids.

I've been switching between ION and WE most of the afternoon. Right now, "Zoonotic" with the pervy doctors is on ION and Logan is about to leave again on "Last Rites",. So two depressing episodes in one! (My Network is still on S1 at 1:00 p.m. ET daily now, so also saw "The Third Horseman".)

CI-Palooza today, I guess.

"Last Rites" is actually one of my favorite Logan episodes. Some of his best acting he did in the entire series was wrapped up into that little bundle. And the bitchy DA, I wanted him to slap her upside the head.

That DA is why people hate lawyers. And I do agree Chris Noth did some great acting there. That's a given. It's just...still depressing since Mike leaves and that means his replacement is nigh in reruns.

• Love 1

I just rediscovered my love for this show! So happy to find a CI forum! 

Welcome, @Cheetosandchoc! First, I like the username! (Two of my favorites, unfortunately, but not together!) Second, do you have a preference of the detective teams or do you like everyone, etc.?

Feel free to chat away!

• Love 1

The "Baggage" perp is so gross. So glad Bobby got him unglued.

And then we have Hal Linden as the gay father competing with his own daughter coming up in "Suite Sorrow". Julie annoyed me like crazy, but I sort of got it there...

• Love 1

I sadly often wondered at the end of "See Me", when we see Bobby on the phone, if he was desperately trying to glean if there could be any truth/value to all that Dr. Dysart told him. Be it desperation or whatever.

That one had quite the poignant ending.

I sadly often wondered at the end of "See Me", when we see Bobby on the phone, if he was desperately trying to glean if there could be any truth/value to all that Dr. Dysart told him. Be it desperation or whatever.

That one had quite the poignant ending.

I'm pretty sure that was it. Anyone with a family member with schizophrenia will most likely try anything to help make them well again.

Now comes one of my favorites.. Mark Linn-Baker is awesome in his role.

"She probably has the money. Women like money."

"So do men."

"That's because women like men who have money."

GOLD, baby!

Poor Wally. I always felt sorry for him, especially when Goren read him the Asperger's diagnosis and he broke down, recognizing himself.

• Love 2

Wally's entire life in a nutshell, suddenly starting to make sense. Had to have been one terrifying moment.

I noticed that Goren took Eames' words to heart about Wally wanting a penpal, too (even if she was being sarcastic, I wasn't sure), since we found out in S6's "Endgame" that Bobby did write to Wally.

• Love 1

LOL. Well, he wasn't completely wrong...

'Tis true. :-P

But seriously, I know he helped to kill and all, but it sounded like Wally's wife was a gold-digger. And not allowing him to even see his kids? The whole thing just sucked all the way around.

• Love 1

Yes, the wife sounded like a gold-digger, but we also don't know what Wally did to drive his wife crazy with the "five" everything. Anyone with a compulsion like that will drive their significant other over the edge if it's something that happens over and over, day in and day out.

He might have farted in bed five times every hour.

• Love 1

Yes, the wife sounded like a gold-digger, but we also don't know what Wally did to drive his wife crazy with the "five" everything. Anyone with a compulsion like that will drive their significant other over the edge if it's something that happens over and over, day in and day out.

He might have farted in bed five times every hour.

Okay, that's true. But the way I see it, Wally isn't much for subterfuge much as he tried (the case as an example). Surely he did all of those ticks before they married in the first place? With the description of her marrying a law partner or whatnot, it just seemed like she traded up, too.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in between.

No matter how annoying he was, I don't think that excuses not letting him see the kids. And as previously noted, he had all those tics all his life. If she really cared, she might have at least made him see a shrink or tried to take the time to figure out what was wrong with him, but obviously she didn't.

No matter how annoying he was, I don't think that excuses not letting him see the kids. And as previously noted, he had all those tics all his life. If she really cared, she might have at least made him see a shrink or tried to take the time to figure out what was wrong with him, but obviously she didn't.

Right. And even though Bobby explained Asperger's wasn't diagnosed until 1994, if she cared, she still could have gotten him to seek that out as an adult (depending on how long they were together, etc.).

And it makes me wonder about the kids since some reports say it can be inherited. Would the wife ditch the kid, too?

Found another "Goren is Dancing" episode... "Legion"... HA

Yes! I was switching between that and "Suite Sorrow" on MyNetwork, and came upon G/E at the dead kid's locker and stayed to watch him dance.  :-)

I like how he says he can't tell them how the car feels "in mixed company." Yowza! Bobby, you devil, you!

He was a little boy right then with a devil's streak.  :-)  Carver seemed to turn back into a kid, himself!

• Love 1

Late night/early morning insomniac observation. The redheaded killer in "Con-Text", the guy who yapped a lot about nothing, reminds me of someone and I cannot for the life of me figure out who. Hate when that happens.

Also was amused that G/E "undercover" was sort of a bust and they were made as cops quickly. Must have a vibe...

• Love 1

Harry Rowan in "Dead" has such a strange speech pattern. "My clients need to See ME. They LIKE the personal TOUCH. I know YOU do, TOO."  And CI's duped wives seem to almost always be blonde, for some reason.

I must say I disagree with Wendy here, I liked all the Nicole episodes and the character herself.  "Anti-Thesis" was just on and I'm looking forward to her S4 episode which is running overnight.

"Pilgrim" was just on and that's an excellent episode, with a twisty turny plot and a brutally suspenseful ending.

• Love 1