Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: 55 and Lovin It

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, emcmac87 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShellyM98283122

There are political tweets too so that might have also been her account but if u scroll down a bit the Below Deck ones start. 

Eesh, trying to dig through her political tweets left me nauseated. She managed to attack Kate and act overly defensive, it’s clear she’s embarrassed and trying to deflect. No wonder she complimented Jen lol

• Love 17

After reading her tweets, I no longer feel a smidgen of sympathy for her being shown, intoxicated and stupid.

She nasty.  Physically, mentally and spiritually, she nasty.

Also.  Homophobic.  Because what difference does it make WHO you beat up.  And yet, she really had to toss "lesbian girlfriend " in there.

What big business does she own?  I have no desire to supplement her nasty life.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Eesh, trying to dig through her political tweets left me nauseated. She managed to attack Kate and act overly defensive, it’s clear she’s embarrassed and trying to deflect. No wonder she complimented Jen lol

She's embarrassed and trying to save face.  Is she saying that the show made her look like a drunk?  I think she made herself look like a drunk, meaning she was drunk.  Own it woman!

She's probably also embarrassed because she was so cheap with that tip.  Maybe she doesn't have the $$ she pretends to have.

RE:  Jen and Kyle.  There's been a lot of discussion in the news about sexual misconduct/unwanted gestures, etc.  It's about boundaries people.  I think what happened between Jen and Kyle was a perfect example, something to use to teach pre-schoolers.  Jen didn't know Kyle, she'd never been out with him, and she made an assumption that he was all right with her reaching over with her fork, and taking some of his food, without asking.  It's not sexual harassment, but it's an assumption of intimacy that Jen and Kyle don't have.  I've met many people who have issues with food for whatever reasons (allergies, religious beliefs, etc), some of it may seem strange to me, but I just go with the flow.  Sure, Kyle has sex against dumpsters and that's nasty, but he's obviously very particular about his food, and that's okay.  

The polite thing for Jen would have been to ASK KYLE, "may I taste some of....?"  He can either say yes or no, if it's yes, great, if it's no, well that's okay too, file that information.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

So, she loves Donald Trump AND Jen? Wow. What.  an.  Asshole.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And another thing! 

Did anyone get any sense from her about her son being in a bad accident? Because she's using that to justify her drunken, sloppiness. 

If somebody told me that my kid (I don't have one, but if I did) had been in some kind of terrible accident, I'd be on a tender to shore so fast that people's heads would spin.  If I couldn't get a boat to take me to shore, I'd swim.  Not stick around for brunch the next day.  Total BS.  But she loves Jesus, so she's forgiven for being a sloppy, nasty, self-righteous slob.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

The deck crew is 4, stews 3, and Mat for 8 person crew. The charter was 2 days? The tip was 15,000? That makes it 1,875 per person or $937.00 per day per person. I think that is a hell of a good tip.  Do you think the staff is worth more than a 1,000 dollars a day? Just to carry out some drinks and clean the toilet?

I don't think anyone is worth anything. I'm a very working class kind of gal. I've never been on a yacht or expensive vacation. I rarely go out to eat. I don't know what is customary as far as tipping goes in this situation, except what I see on the show. And I don't recall seeing a tip that "low". Lee seemed irritated by it, so it was clearly not what they're used to. 

And I'm not sure about that math. I think they have to include the other crew that is not shown on camera....and, possibly, Lee? Because I remember them getting much larger bulk tips, and then Lee passing out the individual portions, and everyone getting something like $1800 per person. But this time Lee didn't see how much per person, so I can't say for sure, but I think it's divided by more than 8 people. 

Yea, it's still a fuckton more money than I'VE ever made in 2 days. But I'm just putting it in perspective of what we've seen and what I've been lead to believe is customary. It's not about what the crew deserve or feeling bad for THEM. Just wondering why the primary tipped what is considered "low" for such a vacation. 

22 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I think i would have bailed on that lame disco party also. If you are on a yacht why would you want to be shut up in a room for?

EVERY time they film in that room I get insanely claustrophobic and depressed. Ugh. 

• Love 2

One of her tweets blamed the show for embarrassing her, so I sent a tweet basically telling her if she had ever watched the show, she'd know that's what she signed up for, and she responded with this tweet:

Shelly Marie@ShellyM98283122Replying to @LotusFlower121 @51Minds and @capthlr

You're exactly right. I was drunk and not proud to see myself like that. But wasn't aware I would be only one they showed that way. I'm over it. I hurt no one but me. My kids do not watch thank God.As a Christian I am a sinner and must try to learn from this. Bad decision.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

Hey! I got to thinking. Captain Lee wants a 25,000 dollar tip for his crew & they don't even have a professional bartender. My guess is the drinks would taste better and go out faster with a pro than compared to 2 stews that didn't have any bar experience.

I think the stews typically have bartending experience. I seem to remember it discussed in a previous season or on the blogs.  That was one of Kate's issues in the first episode or two this season was that Jen had no bartending experience and Bri had it down that she did but then was like, "Man, I need to update this thing."

6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

One of her tweets blamed the show for embarrassing her, so I sent a tweet basically telling her if she had ever watched the show, she'd know that's what she signed up for, and she responded with this tweet:

Shelly Marie@ShellyM98283122Replying to @LotusFlower121 @51Minds and @capthlr

You're exactly right. I was drunk and not proud to see myself like that. But wasn't aware I would be only one they showed that way. I'm over it. I hurt no one but me. My kids do not watch thank God.As a Christian I am a sinner and must try to learn from this. Bad decision.

This woman's tweets are killing me.  I think the show actually made her look BETTER than how she is in real life (and she came across awful on the show!). I might need to tweet at her...

• Love 10
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Did anyone get any sense from her about her son being in a bad accident? Because she's using that to justify her drunken, sloppiness. 

In her rather (IMO) unhinged ranting, she said that one of the "girls" told her that her son was injured or dead in order to get her away from Lee and bitched about that discussion and the reveal that her son was fine wasn't shown (probably the same kid she bitched about taking care of while she was hung over).  It's unclear if the "girls" in question were crew or her friends; it really could be either because her friends looked embarrassed by her and Lee did look uncomfortable.  I'm not an adherent to the "it's all malicious editing" theory; no one made her drink that much wine, do the splits, and act like a fool rambling at Lee. 

Jen is a stone cold moron, but at least she know what drinks are, even if it take her 30 minutes to make a mimosa.  Sierra's "painkiller" mistake is one of the funniest things ever on this show...or, more to the point, Lee's reaction thereto.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Jen is a stone cold moron, but at least she know what drinks are, even if it take her 30 minutes to make a mimosa.  Sierra's "painkiller" mistake is one of the funniest things ever on this show...or, more to the point, Lee's reaction thereto.

What was that??  I thought I had seen every episode but that does not ring a bell.

I am still laughing about how the gross primary was like, "Captain Lee WANTS ME but the girls are jealous."  How does this woman have so much money?  I need more info about her.

On November 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Neurochick said:

She's embarrassed and trying to save face.  Is she saying that the show made her look like a drunk?  I think she made herself look like a drunk, meaning she was drunk.  Own it woman!

She's probably also embarrassed because she was so cheap with that tip.  Maybe she doesn't have the $$ she pretends to have.

RE:  Jen and Kyle.  There's been a lot of discussion in the news about sexual misconduct/unwanted gestures, etc.  It's about boundaries people.  I think what happened between Jen and Kyle was a perfect example, something to use to teach pre-schoolers.  Jen didn't know Kyle, she'd never been out with him, and she made an assumption that he was all right with her reaching over with her fork, and taking some of his food, without asking.  It's not sexual harassment, but it's an assumption of intimacy that Jen and Kyle don't have.  I've met many people who have issues with food for whatever reasons (allergies, religious beliefs, etc), some of it may seem strange to me, but I just go with the flow.  Sure, Kyle has sex against dumpsters and that's nasty, but he's obviously very particular about his food, and that's okay.  

The polite thing for Jen would have been to ASK KYLE, "may I taste some of....?"  He can either say yes or no, if it's yes, great, if it's no, well that's okay too, file that information.

I had an English friend years ago and one of things she brought up was what is acceptable at the table English/American. I don't remember exactly but she was appalled  Americans would blow their nose at the table   Saw Rickie  Gervais on a talk show last week that reminded me. Anyone slurping chewing loudly made him crazy. Snorting made him want to take them in the back and put them down. 

That tweeting made me scratch my head how blind Trumpettes are. 

• Love 4

So yea, then Jen gets shitfaced drunk, Baker's trying to look out for her and make sure she gets home, and Jen feels it necessary to call Baker a "whore". Way to be, Jen. Way to be. But, I will say, I didn't like how Bruno had to insert his ass and start manhandling Jen. He was making the situation worse. And then he's gonna lock her in the bathroom??? Get the fuck outta here with that. 

I agree. Jen is up there with the all-time worst crew members ever on this show (maybe the top) but that still doesn't give Bruno the right to put his hands on her. She was in his face and yelling but, from what I could see, she wasn't touching him. She didn't deserve that just like she didn't deserve the harassment from the charter guests a few weeks ago. They obviously cut off in the middle of the Jen/Bruno fight but just from what we saw, many work places would fire Bruno for touching her and for the threat he made.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I had an English friend years ago and one of things she brought up was what is acceptable at the table English/American. I don't remember exactly but she was appalled  Americans would blow their nose at the table

I am American and am appalled at anyone that would blow their nose a the table. I hope your English friend didn't stereotype all Americans to be like that. 

• Love 10
On 11/25/2017 at 6:31 AM, bichonblitz said:

I am American and am appalled at anyone that would blow their nose a the table. I hope your English friend didn't stereotype all Americans to be like that. 

My friend's mother would blow her nose using her paper napkin from her meal.  It always grossed me out.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2017 at 4:39 AM, laprin said:

I wish I was there when the sloppy drunk Christian primary watched herself last night. 

As soon as she announced to everyone that she's a Christian, you just KNEW this was going to head south rapidly.

• Love 3

To be honest I think it's bullshit Captain Lee gets a cut of the tip at all. That's like having the executive Chef or General Manager at a restaurant getting a cut of the servers tips.

when I was a groomer at one salon they had a rule all tips were pooled and then distributed "evenly" ?and the manager got a cut. During Christmas week everyone was off and they still took a cut of the tips. I quit without notice in April, the salon closed a year later and that manager is out of work still according to Facebook lol. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

To be honest I think it's bullshit Captain Lee gets a cut of the tip at all. That's like having the executive Chef or General Manager at a restaurant getting a cut of the servers tips.

when I was a groomer at one salon they had a rule all tips were pooled and then distributed "evenly" ?and the manager got a cut. During Christmas week everyone was off and they still took a cut of the tips. I quit without notice in April, the salon closed a year later and that manager is out of work still according to Facebook lol. 

He may not - it may just be that it is divided out to the unseen crew and not him - which I could see happening. But he knows that the tip is reflective of how well things are going and he expects more. Granted after this last charter and how much guest interaction he had to put up with he deserves a bit of it!!! I'm surprised none of the staff helped call him out of the situation but am sure the producers let it go on. 

11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I know that if a manager is paid an hourly (or annual) wage that is at or above minimum wage, he or she is legally not able to get any portion of the tips.  I have heard of this happening in restaurants and the managers take advantage of the fact that the waitresses and waiters are usually not aware of the fact that this is illegal.  I asume it is the same for a salon.  Also, this may vary from state to state.

It could be that since everyone is being paid a living wage, they can all share in the tips.  I wonder how much these stews and deckhands make.  I assume they make their paycheck from actually doing their job and they must also get appearance fees.  

Edited by heatherchandler