Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Welcome To The Jungle

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

He and Dan from Lucifer should start a support group for people who have their (clearly-labelled!) sweets nicked right out of the company fridge.

They could call it the Georgie Porgie Support Group (for those who lose puddin' and pie)...

• Love 4
On 11/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, Princess Lucky said:

Funniest thing in the episode: Jax and Nate being equally offended when Ray dissed the pecan pie Jax's mother made.

On 11/24/2017 at 1:03 AM, Jediknight said:

I don't think Ray was dissing the pie, or did they look offended.  It was more of Ray something that not in context sounds so wrong, even in context it doesn't sound right, his wording could have been better, and their reaction was more "Did you really just say that sentence".

It was a sex joke.  Ray made an inadvertent salacious comment because of his poor phrasing around the word "pie" and Nate and Jax winced at it.

At least that's how I interpreted that scene.  Maybe I just have a dirty mind.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, mac123x said:

It was a sex joke.  Ray made an inadvertent salacious comment because of his poor phrasing around the word "pie" and Nate and Jax winced at it.

Then we both do, because that's exactly I thought the scene was doing too.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, mac123x said:

That's what I was saying.

Ok so I liked this one a lot. Yay it was a Mick episode and a good one that that, DP was perfect with all Mick's conflicts over his father and the look he gave his mother's picture seems he really did love her. And the burning your own skin in reaction to meeting your father, yikes there's a lot going on there.  

Nate probably had my favourite line of his on the show so far with the "We started out doing Predator and now we're doing Apocalypse Now" if he stays more like he was in this episode I may even start to like him. 

I liked that the team decided Sara would kick their asses if she woke and found them sitting around doing nothing. 

Both Amaya and Zari continue to have quite a bit to do and their reactions to Grodd made sense for their characters, as does Amaya thinking of WW2 at first when hearing about Vietnam as does her wrestling with her feelings over Kuasa. I'm not really a Grodd fan but I though he was used quite well here and yes DD is gleefully collecting them all up for a new LOD. 

Jax learning how to be badass without Firestorm and being a bit inspired by Sara's no powers awesomeness was good although LBJ looked nothing like himself.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

please explain the pie/sex joke.

"First Lady Pie is pretty tasty." "Pie" is supposedly a euphemism for a woman's nether regions.  In other words, Ray inadvertently said (as if he would know) that sex with Ladybird Johnson was pretty damn good.  That's what earned him the "Dude, you did NOT just say that!" looks from Jax and Nate (and everyone else in the room).

Rewatching this made me wonder: What possible use could Galileo be in questions involving thermonuclear physics?  It'd be like getting Michelangelo to teach you photoshop.  I think Stein is just using the opportunity to meet his idols.

• Love 3

Eh, I'd fanwank that it's less their scientific knowledge Martin wanted then their unusual brains - the ability to think outside the box, to see what's in front of them with a fresh set of eyes, to be creative in the generating of possibilities.

That said, I'd have loved to have seen Dr. So-and-So, genius genetic scientist/engineer from the 22nd century or some such.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, legaleagle53 said:

A very UGLY Don Knotts doing LBJ.  LBJ was no Kennedy in the looks department, that's for sure, but he was never really THAT homely, was he?

Here's the official White House photo -- decide for yourself:
36_lyndon_b_johnson.jpg

1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

That said, I'd have loved to have seen Dr. So-and-So, genius genetic scientist/engineer from the 22nd century or some such.

Sorry -- Dr. So-and-So's work was thoroughly discredited in the 24th (and a half) century.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2017 at 8:55 PM, legaleagle53 said:

A very UGLY Don Knotts doing LBJ.  LBJ was no Kennedy in the looks department, that's for sure, but he was never really THAT homely, was he?

My problem wasn't his looks so much.  I had always had the impression that LBJ was a big man.  He's the second tallest president after Abraham Lincoln.  This guy was kind of scrawny, so yeah the Don Knotts comparison fits in that regard.

• Love 1

Sorry for the late post, but with holidays, shopping deals and work - time got away from me.

Really good episode! Not my favorite, but a solid showing. Mick & DP delivered the emotional core. Enjoyed the humor and sub-plots. The Vietnam was an interesting time to choose. Although, I feel like its hit a bit of resurgence that it did not feel unique or original for the Legends to go there. The guest stars were awesome. The LBJ was a little small, but I feel like he captured LBJs spirit.

I love that Stein is just brain-napping through time. Kudos to him for multi-tasking hanging out with his heroes, while also trying to get a solution.

Glad that they have minimized Douche/Dude-Bro Nate. I wonder what inspired the change. While I still don't think he is necessary, he has had more better moments in the last few episodes.

• Love 1

As I watch this episode I can't help but remember the bonding between Ray and Mick.  You know the whole "Let me give you the cold gun of my former partner so we can be partners.". Why did they do that?  Why does Nate get the bonding moments with Mick?