Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

On 11/21/2017 at 9:26 AM, AttackTurtle said:

Lydia and her husband can thank her Daddy & Grandpa for everything they own.  

I don't think the Beador girls are in any danger of becoming the Curtain girls.  They seem to be very well rounded sweet kids.  

This was from several  pages back, but the Curtain girl's parents were grifters.  Also, weren't they evicted?  I think the Beador girls have a better upbringing. Even with the shitty father.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

This was from several  pages back, but the Curtain girl's parents were grifters.  Also, weren't they evicted?  I think the Beador girls have a better upbringing. Even with the shitty father.

David is a horrible husband, but there has been some evidence that he's a decent dad.  I think he coaches and in the first season, we saw him packing for a class trip with one of the girls.  

The Curtain girls were awful.  Both have had quite a few issues, but one just one a very large lawsuit against the police.  Their parents did them no favors.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

But the Dubrows (or was it just Heather) knew that David was cheating on Shannon. So to hear that David is also flirting with women in their circle and talking about things that could be thought of as sexually inappropriate would make you think that David is a dirtbag. We would later find out that David is kind of a dirtbag, but for slightly different reasons. But I don't think it's particularly strange that someone has a negative opinion about a person that they've basically only heard bad things about. Just like I don't think Heather should have been surprised when viewer questions about Terry referred to him as an absentee father with a pathological need for TV attention because that's basically the only way he was depicted on RHoOC. He might be more than that, but that's the bulk of what we saw.

I was always a little surprised to hear Heather say she knew David was having an affair from the off camera comments at her second lunch after Tamra told her, and it wasn't out of concern, about the e-mail.  I would have a hard time construing that her comments getting back to David via The Affair would be proof of an affair.  Heather claims she kept her suspicions to herself.  Had Terry and Heather not received such criticism over their snotty behavior that season I don't think Heather and Shannon would have ever become friendly and even friends.  

8 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It's not about them having a negative opinion of David - it's their behavior as a result. Terry admitted (a year later) that he behaved like "a douche bag." And he did. Calling David a "penis" at dinner, yelling at him when he had already apologized, claiming he had lost months of sleep over it. It was over-the-top and he got a lot of viewer flak for it. That is no one's fault but Terry's fault, IMO.

Absolutely.  Terry had a TV show coming out and he knew he had overstepped with David.  I had no doubt that Terry had said, "take the Beadors down."  By the next season they had brought his pal Jim Edmonds on so he had someone to hang with other than Brooks and Eddie.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

But the Dubrows (or was it just Heather) knew that David was cheating on Shannon. So to hear that David is also flirting with women in their circle and talking about things that could be thought of as sexually inappropriate would make you think that David is a dirtbag. We would later find out that David is kind of a dirtbag, but for slightly different reasons. But I don't think it's particularly strange that someone has a negative opinion about a person that they've basically only heard bad things about. Just like I don't think Heather should have been surprised when viewer questions about Terry referred to him as an absentee father with a pathological need for TV attention because that's basically the only way he was depicted on RHoOC. He might be more than that, but that's the bulk of what we saw.

Hell, Heather's storyline for the past couple of years was his absenteeism.  Of course, she enjoyed funneling the fruits of his labor into a mausoleum of a house that she proudly talked about not having a budget for.  I'm actually so glad those pretentious assholes aren't on the show.  I also thought Heather was cruel to Shannon during that time.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Yup. Lynne is still selling her "designs" via the Web. Alas, it appears her customer base would benefit from a few spelling, structure and usage drills. Direct from the testimonials (bolding of some -- but not all -- errors mine):

Thank You somuchfor the amazing braclett. I get complements whereever I go and everytime I wear it without fail.

I recieved one of the limited edition handbags from my husband as an early Birthday gift, the leather is devine! I am over the moon.

The testimonials read like the same person wrote them.

https://lynnecurtin.myshopify.com/

• Love 4
On 11/22/2017 at 2:23 AM, SheTalksShit said:

I think that maybe that's his truth right now, but like I said, I think he might be minimizing the good times bc right now, all he can think about is how much he wants out. He probably didn't wanna get into what changed (and maybe he, himself, doesn't really know, he doesn't strike me as someone whose overly in touch with his feelings), he just wanted out.

I think it is his truth, her truth, and their truth. She said something in one of her first episodes about the fact that they had been unhappy almost since the beginning. And his arrest for domestic abuse happened after they had only been married a few years. I think they have both been miserable for a very long time. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out who was the most to blame.  The first season, what with her ragging on his eating of potatoes and other carbs, or nagging him for every little thing, I thought it was her. But of course there is always the editing and of production wanting to tell the story they want to tell. In the next few seasons I thought it was more his fault. I just don't think they are good together. At all. I am rooting for her to find happiness in all of this. I find that I don't really care if David is happy or not. 

• Love 5

Really hated Tamra’s comments while Shannon told her story - “Not this year,” about being a fun person; “I get the phone calls after,” about seeing David for dinner or a game with the girls; etc.

Shannon: Tamra is not your friend. You and her own daughter are commodities to her. Please wake up!

• Love 4
On 11/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, lunastartron said:

The behavior of the whole cast during season nine and its aftermath was confounding and bizarre. 

Tamra and Heather were truly evil and malicious, both to Shannon but to each other as well. It was peculiar to watch Heather remain such a proponent of Tamra at the reunion after it became clear in the course of filming that Tamra had outed her eating disorder and worked overtime during Lizzie's dinner to prevent her duplicity vis-a-vis "Terry said he wants to take the Beadors down" from coming to light.

That said, as transparently horrible as Heather and Tamra were to Shannon at the Rovsek supper party, I don't think they were fundamentally incorrect in their assessment of Shannon who was, in retrospect, quite disingenuous with her indignation that a plot point she introduced into the on-camera narrative about her marriage subsequently became a topic of discussion. 

Likewise, it was morally reprehensible for Shannon to bring up Heather's ED/mental health issue during filming even if Tamra had committed her own transgression by divulgjng that information privately and/or making it up. 

And Shannon's own timeline established that she knew about David's affair before the reunion, at which she asserted that her marriage had been strengthened by the show. 

The other element that I found very odd during the period in question was Shannon simultaneously describing Vicki as one of her best friends and noting at the beginning of the season ten footage that they hadn't seen each other in four months - which would have been almost a third of the entire time they'd known each other. 

That she telephoned Tamra - who physically grabbed her face during that beach house gaslight - twenty times on any day at all during this most recent year just reflects what an unusual perception Shannon has of personal relationships.

All my subjective perspective. 

super cosign. I've kept the side-eye on Shannon after realizing she knew about the affair at the first reunion.  she sat there saying their relationship was in an amazing place  and the show really helped  when they were really at rock bottom. ( not to mention the brawl that proceeded  The  Hawaii trip they had just returned from   That she was gushing about)

I also couldn't figure out the Trono over Tamra repeating in on Camera conversation. That literally made no  sense . And of course this is taken with a grain of salt, but I can't forget Tamra's  claim that after filming a scene about David's email that Shannon excitedly said that the highest rated moment of the series was  Tamra's  divorce limo fight with Simon. The only reason I kind of believe it is that Shannon was a super fan  from what I understand.    For ex, Heather McDonald said  Shannon has begged her to invite people  like Brandy Glanville to join them for dinner so that she could meet  them . 

( typing with Siri sorry for the mess! 

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

Someone needs to stuff a sock in Tamra's mouth. She is so fake...watching that clip of her continuously telling David he's hot and he flirts alot. But of course she never got called out on how saying those things was mean and disrespectful to Shannon.

If Eddie ever became a big flirt Tamra would cut whatever bitch Eddie was flirting with.. 

More than a few of the ladies are hypocritical pieces of $#!t! Shannon can remember anything and everything said and done she doesn't like, but if you point out her failings, her eyes roll and she doesn't take it seriously! She did make Lydia out to be a homophobe, but can only remember how she was insulted by being called "crazy!" Shannon was crazy this season; the Quiet Woman scene tells you all you need to know about her classlessness and out of her mind insanity! "This isn't my fuk'n plate you b!tch" while looking at the poor waiter who's trying to see what the uproar is about! Shannon works herself into a rage out of nowhere and it's always explained away that "it's David" and her marriage that's making her lash out! Well that proves what David said then that they had a couple good months because she's been a raving lunatic for as long as I can remember going back to her battles with Meghan, Tamra, and Heather! Vicki was her lone supporter for a bit, but thinks nothing of writing Vicki off! I'd tell Vicki, she can do better than these 2 crazy b!tches she's been trying to beg their forgiven for the last 2 years! Tamra's not worth it at all; will turn on a person in a minute! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, ghoulina said:

I think Lydia is very malicious. I just think she goes about things in a different way. She likes to stir the pot under the guise of "peace maker". She knew good and well that Shannon and Vicki were not going to make up, yet here she is, trying to force things. She serves her discontent up with a smile, but she's just as shady as the others. 

In a way, I respect Kelly more, because I don't think much thought goes into her outburts. She gets hurt and she lashes out. She crosses the line, for sure. But I see her as mostly reactionary. Whereas I think Lydia totally calculated her moves this season. 

It's not an excuse, but Shannon was going through hell in her personal life. Lydia's personal life is all sunshine and roses. Again, it doesn't excuse the way Shannon lashed out many times this season. But it is an explanation. I thought she expressed remorse for taking her grief out on some of the other women. Lydia was just being a contentious bitch for no reason, other than to try and cement her spot on the show. 

I think Lydia just didn't want to be considered the quiet, unassuming friend who doesn't bring anything to the show! She appears to have decided she was not going to just let people run over her! I love how she came back at Meghan and Shannon when they tried to bulldoze her! I wouldn't want to know her personally, but she entertained me this season when she smacked Shannon down more than a few times! She and Meghan were supposed to be friends, but it looks like she can't hold onto them if they don't back her to the hilt! Kelly getting Lydia to agree Meghan's text deserved a retort and should have let the drama die instead of bringing it back up at that gay bar! I love how Kelly had her text ready to show what a b!tch Meghan can be; just a rotten "high school" mean girl who can't help being a blabbermouth! She's a child who hasn't matured at all even though giving birth!  ;-)

• Love 1
On 11/21/2017 at 10:16 AM, snarts said:

Except that Meghan, instead of thinking for herself, is following the life advice of her psychic.  

This. I don’t even get what the argument is here. Don’t let the Bible tell you what to think, let a psychic do that instead? I’m not into psychics and other spiritualism type stuff myself but it certainly doesn’t upset me. To each their own. Life is goddamn hard and if something gives you peace go for it. I just honestly, don’t understand what Meghan wanted Lydia to do. She came and was perfectly nice to the psychic and when asked in a TH, said she didn’t believe in it because of blah blah blah fish cakes, but didn’t really belabor the point. What was the problem? I said this in the episode thread, but how would Meghan have felt if Lydia had invited her to a party so her pastor could pray over her and then accused Meghan of being intolerant if she expressed any discomfort? And I don’t mean to pick on Meghan exactly. I’m just constantly amazed at the mental gymnastics all these ladies can do in order to take things personally.