Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: eps3.5_kill-process.inc

• Start Topic

One of the unfortunate truths of history is that between the wars and revolutions and upheavals, the schisms and overthrows and philosophical repurposing, people with true power and wealth always find a way to survive and thrive. And I think on some level that's the show's deeper meaning. You think you can upend the world but ultimately you can't. The only people who suffer are the ordinary ones going about their lives. The others always profit. It's a pretty depressing message but I think it's ultimately true.

20 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

One of the unfortunate truths of history is tmhat between the wars and revolutions and upheavals, the schisms and overthrows and philosophical repurposing, people with true power and wealth always find a way to survive and thrive. And I think on some level that's the show's deeper meaning. You think you can upend the world but ultimately you can't. The only people who suffer are the ordinary ones going about their lives. The others always profit. It's a pretty depressing message but I think it's ultimately true.

I like to cling to the (remote?) possibility that the "meek" really "shall inherit the Earth." I wonder if the show might go there in the end. In my vision of this Sermon-on-the-Mount axiom, after an apocalypse, the "meek" are poor because all of society has been brought to one, low level. In my darkest vision, the "meek" are cockroaches.