Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: The Life & Lies of L. Ron Hubbard

• Start Topic

On 11/16/2017 at 5:19 AM, Nancypants said:

OMG, I am Totally Doing That.! Free lodging!

Don’t bother...I’m already IN...totally infiltrated..

I will keep you all posted..and tell you when to sign the 444,000,000,000 year contract...and we as the new Wii Org...will prevail and burn it down...

:-D

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2017 at 10:00 AM, AmyA said:

He was a heavy, heavy smoker. And ironically, a drug user.  He had Vistaril, a psych drug, in his system when he died. (Source: http://www.xenu.net/archive/hubbardcoroner/)  Such a disgusting, lying hypocrite. 

The way he speaks really creeps me out, and not just because I know what a piece of shit he was.  He just sounds so sinister to me.  Here is an audio recording of him explaining the history of Xenu. He uses such strange phrases and annunciations.  

Sidenote: this is the first time I have ever posted links and/or videos, hope I did it right!  

ITA with all you said... his verbiage, enunciation and formulation is so “off”.

now I see how he was able to “make it” with his “penny per word” pulp fiction published early on.

Actually... in the few books I’ve read...authors have mentioned how LRH goes on...and...on...and...on about minutia... 

redefining words...then redefining those definitions...

I am SOOO “ENTURBULATED” by the whole mess...!... :-)

• Love 1
On 11/16/2017 at 4:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

LRH reminds me of a cartoon character. Sort of  a cross between villains The Penguin and Joker. (Scooby Doo Joker) 

I hear you.  He reminds me of Mike Myers' "Dr. Evil", even the way he talks!  He is yet another classic example of a 20th century "megalomaniac" or narcissist leader in just that classic cult/facist/evil doctor way.  I recoil just watching clips of him.  He is so obviously mentally disturbed, creepy and viscerally vile.  Speaking of the rotten teeth, it does look like he got that fixed in later years judging from some of the videos I've seen of him.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2

I know this thread has been napping for awhile, but I just saw this episode for the first time on Hulu. Just wanted to add to all the suggestions about someone coming back as LRH, South Park did a great episode on this called Trapped in the Closet.

• Love 2
On 11/16/2017 at 7:11 AM, ElsieH said:

Wouldn't it be funny if someone did show up claiming to be LRH returned so they could live in that big house? Of course, they would have to come up with a good reason for being 10 years late. What would Miscavige do with that, I wonder?

Just rereading this thread about this episode and your comment jogged my memory of reading this a few months ago on Tony Ortega's site.

Watching this episode and paying attention to the clips of the church events when they show their own "look what we did!" little clips, I have to say this: let's just ignore all the bad this cult has caused, and still does. let's forget that people are really brainwashed into believing that shit. Don't they have, at least, some quality control detector? I mean, tacky is relative but those clips are so over the top, so hyperbolic. It is like watching those game shows when someone is about to make a huge bet and the sound effects get louder and more dramatic. But all those people just sit there an buy the tackiness. SMH

Finishing the episode, just a little extra information: The Holocaust did start with the extermination of disabled people. The first victim was a disabled boy. They were the ones "testing" gas chambers". The guilty part was, obviously, the Nazis. What is interesting to me is that, scientology is against the use of medication to "control" people. Yet, they don't know how to deal with disabled people who might need some extra support to go through events or situations - some call this "behavior", I saw someone else referring to this as "expressions" and I like it better. Such moments might be, for example,  a place that is too loud for an autistic kid, and headphones might be helpful, but sometimes the anxiety requires some medication, when other supports aren't enough - yes, it happens and it needs a doctor to oversee, and responsible caregivers to make sure things don't get out of hand but there is no shame on that.

There is a place in MA that also does not believe in what they call "chemical restraint". They use the term because they think some people need to be restraint, just nt with medication. So they use electric shocks on kids, to torture them into compliance.

The analogy is, scientology also demands compliance and uses a form of torture to get that from people. 

Just a little rant.

• Love 1