Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Dear Santa, I Love You

• Start Topic

I noticed this episode had noticeably less shrieking AND a lot more commentary from Will.  Hopefully the shrieking will disappear as he is more and more able to express his thoughts and emotions verbally.

Hopefully Will did get offscreen correction for his rude interruptions and talking over people at dinner, as well as the cheese incident.  It may be that for whatever reason the decision has been made not to show the kids being endlessly corrected and disciplined onscreen. 

The kids seemed genuinely motivated to pick out what they thought was stuff other kids would like to get as gifts.  I hope that generous spirit grows strong in them -- and is not achieved for the camera by the promise of rewards for themselves.

• Love 6
On 11/14/2017 at 10:10 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I swear to you I've had spaghetti and meatballs maybe 5 times in my life. So it's not a food I really like. But that meal looked fucking delicious.

Zoey's heart to heart with the puppy.  She's so full of love. ❤️

This makes me sad for you.  I love spaghetti and meatballs so much!  Just drives me nuts ordering it at a restaurant because everywhere seems to think that people want to taste the noodles with the little bit of sauce. no thank you - i would like my sauce with a little bit of noodles ;) 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:10 AM, viewer said:

I sure would like the recipe for the sauce!   Christmas shows are always cute.  I wonder what the actual Christmas was.

me too. i am dying for a great (easy) spaghetti recipe.  I think i've finally found one but I'd love to try another one. 

On 11/15/2017 at 6:20 AM, Kathira said:

Does Bill normally do the cooking? Do they just eat a lot of take-out? Or those meal delivery things? Because Jen always seems so unfamiliar with making even basic stuff like meatballs. And WIll seemed like he'd never seen the can opener in action before. I think we've seen Jen doing breakfasts, but I wonder what their real every day routine is, when they aren't doing special events for the cameras. Obviously Jen works all day normally, so I can totally understand not being up for cooking at the end of a long day. It's just hard to imagine Bill cooking on a regular basis either. Maybe grilling meat, but everyday meals? Not so much.

Also, Zoe is adorable and sweet, but Will can really be annoying.

I think last episode Jen said they don't cook a lot 

1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I wondered if natural referred to the spices being added? Were they fresh or dried, I can’t recall.  

I thought they looked dried but Bill made a comment how fresh makes it taste so much better so I'm assuming they were fresh. 

• Love 3

Was this filmed last year around Christmas time or made to look like it was Christmas time? If it was the house in Houston, didn't they already move from there to Florida? I always get curious about the timing of these things. Neighbors might not be too thrilled if those huge inflatables were put up in September or October. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Direwolf said:

Was this filmed last year around Christmas time or made to look like it was Christmas time? If it was the house in Houston, didn't they already move from there to Florida? I always get curious about the timing of these things. Neighbors might not be too thrilled if those huge inflatables were put up in September or October. 

bah-humbug to those neighbors!

• Love 1

In one of the early episodes this season - after the hurricane episode - Bill told Will that "Mom is going to the hospital" and Will asked, "Which one?" Of course there's only one hospital - the one in Houston - but I wonder if he got confused because they were actually living in Florida already, and just came back to film at the old house?   

I think Will is very bright - he is very curious and seems to be creative in his language and play. He's always asking the why and how of things. He may have behavior problems, but basically he's fun, charming, and definitely one of a kind.

• Love 10

Replying to comment(s) about how they could’ve gotten lots more for their money at Target than at Tom’s Foolery (cute name):  I didn’t mind this a bit because anything that helps a smaller retail biz is a-oknwith me. As noted, the store surely paid for the exposure. Of course Bill & Jen can spend their money any way they like. And sometimes, prices on some items at a smaller store can be competitive with some of a majoe retailer’s  prices. 

Also (it just occurred): as owner of a very small business, Bill is a perfect fit as a customer of another small business.

Finally, about the yard blowup figures and ... compensation: Bill doesn’t seem to have ... er, that problem, judging from the shots of him in shorts during the kids’ swimming lesson. The ninjas and I found it a little embarrassing to watch when he was on-screen. A tight close-up of him when he’s wearing shorts would be much appreciated in future, just saying. I’ve talked it over with the ninjas, who know I’m no prude.  They agreed ... “distracting-to-gross” was their candid reaction.  Heh!

• Love 3

Does anyone know if Bill's mom is part Italian? Her recipe was close to mine, but I use Hunts Tomato SAUCE combined with half-measure of petite cut canned tomatoes, then season it according to my family's recipe. I also part-fry my meatballs first, drain on paper towels, then add them to the pot of sauce, which yes, does contain some sausage. (Sorry for the run-on sentence).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, speac said:

My neighbors already have their huge inflatables up-both Thanksgiving and Christmas plus they have been up for weeks.  Where do people store those things off season.

Garage?  Basement?  Kind of like we do with our large blow-up mattress; keep it in the box until we take it out and inflate it.  Our mattress is the size of a twin bed and 20 inches tall.  The box is about 6" x 12."  

• Love 2

I can't stand those blow up decorations, but to each his own. They had an agreement so annoying Jen with the inside decor was annoying me, but I chalked it up to this is something Bill likes to do since she said he messes with her, & she can handle it.

I also wondered whether Bill's mom has some Italian looking at the sauce (since I am & also have a similar looking recipe). Maybe it's just me but I was very annoyed by the obvious Hunt's advertising/product placement & thought it was incredibly rude to fans. I don't use that brand & feeling this was obnoxious did not sell it to me either. I do hope that does not happen again.

The store thing didn't bother me though as was said here he's a small business owner helping another... I don't think Hunt's needs their help though.

Judy's dog comment was off for her; I wonder if it was production driven. Zoey was adorable talking to the puppy.

I'm hoping Will was spoken to about the cheese thing, but it also made me wonder as to the cameras being right THERE on him when he did that, soooo, how did they know that was going to happen? Hmmmm...

I turned it off then when the santa stuff started as honestly I thought this epi was a bit boring overall.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2

Before the children they had a cocktail party for the Houston fire department and the hospital.    As they were  cleaning their vacuum stopped and Bill ran out and bought a Dyson.   That was the first product placement I noticed and it was blatant.    Hope they do not become an infomercial.    

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Garage?  Basement?  Kind of like we do with our large blow-up mattress; keep it in the box until we take it out and inflate it.  Our mattress is the size of a twin bed and 20 inches tall.  The box is about 6" x 12."  

It's Texas-no basement and they actually use the garage for two cars.  I can't stress enough the number of very large inflatables they have (corner lot) and for every holiday possible.  Plus inflatables there are lights and decorations for the house and trees.  Seriously I didn't not know there were inflatables for Valentines Day, 4th of July, St. Patrick's Day,  and Cinco de Mayo until we moved here.  They have to have a huge storage area somewhere.  I think that Bill and Jen have the right idea-rent them and hire someone to do the decorating.

• Love 3
On 15/11/2017 at 1:10 PM, Sasha888 said:

Also, Zoe is adorable and sweet, but Will can really be annoying.

He needs to learn to behave at the dinner table. He is 7 years old and needs so consequences for bad behaviour.

I would have been wacked if I behaved like that at the table.

• Love 8

I'm really hoping the cheese thing wasn't producer driven, because that would be really crappy on the adults' part to encourage bad behavior for the sake of a semi-cute tv moment. Especially with a kid like Will who clearly struggles with boundaries and appropriateness as it is. But as gonecrackers noted, it's awfully convenient the cameras happened to have a perfect shot just at the right time.

• Love 6

We did not see Zoey asking to take a toy home like greedy Will.  His behavior is getting worse and worse. The producers can only encourage so much. Farty this Farty that etc. What is wrong with Jen and Bill and TLC? They should look at the camera and say STOP.  Bill and Jen are producers????  In the beginning, their whole premise was to educate the planet on how little people live in a world designed for big people. Goodness gracious we are way off the rails now. And as for product placement, they have been doing this for years...JELLO, Manwich, Chloe Dao, Hunts. Endless.  Total infomercial. Even the restaurants and stores they go to.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Snow8585 said:

Ok, So the producers including Jen and Bill decided to portray Will as greedy. Excellent choice.

Yep.  Like when he dumped all the parmesan cheese on his spaghetti and when he jammed the birthday candles for his uncle's cake halfway down through the cake.

I can't see Jen and Bill encouraging Will to be "acting" like that in those scenes.  Sadly, it just feels like if they don't have any scenes of him acting up or running off, there wouldn't be much of Will on the show.  I really like this family, but Will seems to need help with learning discipline and better social behavior.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, speac said:

It's Texas-no basement and they actually use the garage for two cars.  I can't stress enough the number of very large inflatables they have (corner lot) and for every holiday possible.  Plus inflatables there are lights and decorations for the house and trees.  Seriously I didn't not know there were inflatables for Valentines Day, 4th of July, St. Patrick's Day,  and Cinco de Mayo until we moved here.  They have to have a huge storage area somewhere.  I think that Bill and Jen have the right idea-rent them and hire someone to do the decorating.

Ack! I really feel for you. I would hate to live next to all that. Maybe you could rent the giant inflatable rat that unions use to protest companies that use non-union labor as a protest. Its name is Scabby - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflatable_rat

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 3
On 11/16/2017 at 11:30 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I wondered if natural referred to the spices being added? Were they fresh or dried, I can’t recall.

She was chopping fresh herbs and spices when she said it, I think. But it still sounded a little silly, saying fresh is best and then adding canned tomatoes! 

No matter what the rest of the recipe was, as soon as I saw the fresh garlic, I was like yep...I'm in! 

• Love 5

I'd be pretty bummed if no one in my town put up inflatables. Not because I like them, but because I like driving around with my family snarking on the people who DO like them! (I know - meeeooowww.) I need a little "UGH! Look at that ugly crap!" to go along with my "Oh, how beautiful!" and "What a cute idea!". 

My favorite house in my town is this one woman who acquires more and more of those projector lights from TV shopping networks each year. She's up to at least 6 I think, all different colors and they project all these moving images - on a tiny house. It is just WAY too many for the size of her home, causing them to overlap and interfere with each other. Looks like a 1970's disco barfed on her house.

My brother already started snarking tonight, about lights - "Don't be putting that crap up yet, it's not even Thanksgiving!" I had to laugh at him, because he's kind of missing the point - if people wait much longer where we live, they're going to be dealing with ice and snow when they put up their decorations! Might not matter that much for inflatables, but lights? I get why they don't want to be on an icy roof in December. 

My one exception on inflatables is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I have an extreme soft spot for Rudy & Clarice. No matter if they are small, large, or ridiculously huge, I just can't dislike Rudy and his pals. It's a sickness, I know...but I just can't help it. :-)

My most fervent Christmas wish this year is that someone in my town will put up a giant Scabby the Rat. Thank you, Kathira, for introducing me to Scabby! In a town as small as mine, it's not likely, but I can dream.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I'd be pretty bummed if no one in my town put up inflatables. Not because I like them, but because I like driving around with my family snarking on the people who DO like them! (I know - meeeooowww.) I need a little "UGH! Look at that ugly crap!" to go along with my "Oh, how beautiful!" and "What a cute idea!". 

In my area,there are many homeowners that put up inflatables in their yards for Christmas. But something seems to happen to most of them a few days after they're put up, and a lot of them spend the remainder of the season deflated. Instead of packing them up (or re-inflating them, if possible) the homeowners leave them on their lawns in a heap. At first I thought "Maybe they inflate them at night, and not during the day." But apparently not.

Last year, a friend of mine (who lives two streets away), and I  decided to keep track of these houses and what was going on with their inflatables, as we tend to go in and out of the neighborhood at different times of day and night. We'd report to each other the state of the inflatables at the houses along the main route from our neighborhood to the main road. Most of those inflatables, once deflated, remained deflated for the rest of the season. Just lying there. Looked.....odd. Like dead bodies left to rot, but with all the air sucked out of them. IDK why one would go through all the trouble of setting those things up, inflating them, and then just leave them there on the lawn if they deflated? Very strange. 

I would think if there was a gang of Inflatable Vandals running amok stabbing holes in the neighborhood inflatables we would have heard about it. Not a lot of crime here. It would have been front page news...

• Love 4

Don't be putting that crap up yet, it's not even Thanksgiving!" I had to laugh at him, because he's kind of missing the point - if people wait much longer where we live, they're going to be dealing with ice and snow when they put up their decorations! 

So put them up.  Just don't turn them on yet.  I have neighbours who have put up their lights, and turned them on.  And I can see through their front window that they have their Christmas up and decorated.  Surely they will get sick of it after 6+ weeks? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Quof said:

So put them up.  Just don't turn them on yet.  I have neighbours who have put up their lights, and turned them on.  And I can see through their front window that they have their Christmas up and decorated.  Surely they will get sick of it after 6+ weeks? 

I thought also that they could put them up a but not turn them on. Personally, yes I'd get sick of them after 6 + weeks. But it would appear some people in my area do not agree.

Same theory if a person doesn't want to take them down after Christmas, if it's snowy and icy. You could leave them up but not turn them on. But I see people still turning them on well into February! If I had to choose between seeing them this early or seeing them in February, I would choose early as opposed to late. By late Jan/Feb I'm just really tired of it.

I don't have anyone across the street, so I see no decorations from my front windows, good or bad. I have a school complex that stretches for 5 blocks. I have a view of the tennis courts and football field. But I do get to watch football games from my front deck. :-)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

He needs to learn to behave at the dinner table. He is 7 years old and needs so consequences for bad behaviour.

I would have been wacked if I behaved like that at the table.

Many years ago, we had my parents in law and sister in law with her hubby for dinner. I had a main dish with several sides. Halfway through the meal, BIL was taking seconds (or 3rds) of the mac and cheese. There were about 2 servings left. As he scooped out all of it, onto his plate, he laughed and said "I hope no one else wanted any because I'm taking it all...hahaha!'. After knowing him for  20+ years, I can no longer be in his company. He is the most obnoxious, selfish, immature person I know. 

Will is just a kid and I don't want to give him the same label as my BIL. But I do notice some similarities with parenting styles. Little things like taking all the cheese really needs to be addressed. Being inconsiderate isn't cute or funny. It will only get worse as he ages. 

Another story from the past...when my kids were small, my inlaws would have us for dinner once a week. One dinner, my MIL set a little bowl of applesauce in front of everyone. Instead of saying thank you, my daughter whined that hers didn't have any cinnamon on it. So my MIL apologies and reaches for the  cinnamon to sprinkle it on for her. I intervened and said she wasn't going to get any, because she used bad manners. MIL was very put out about how 'mean and unfair' I was being. Fast forward 20 years, her grandson from her daughter (and obnoxious BIL) is a very spoiled and whiny kid. He's 10 but you wouldn't know it by his actions. Recently the women in the family and cousins got together for lunch. My nephew's behavior was the usual and my MIL told him his whining made him sound like a 2 year old and was clearly irritated by it. Since then, she made a comment to me that 'I guess you being strict paid off'. Very rare that she compliments me, but I think she finally gets it lol. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Snow8585 said:

We did not see Zoey asking to take a toy home like greedy Will.  His behavior is getting worse and worse. The producers can only encourage so much. Farty this Farty that etc. What is wrong with Jen and Bill and TLC? They should look at the camera and say STOP.  Bill and Jen are producers????  In the beginning, their whole premise was to educate the planet on how little people live in a world designed for big people. Goodness gracious we are way off the rails now. And as for product placement, they have been doing this for years...JELLO, Manwich, Chloe Dao, Hunts. Endless.  Total infomercial. Even the restaurants and stores they go to.

In the previous episode, when they were going food shopping, it was Zoey who wanted to go to the toy store instead. Bill said no and Will agreed, saying: “We already have toys.” So I wouldn’t say that Will is “greedier” than Zoey from what we have seen of them on the show. They’re both just little kids who occasionally will get the “buy-me’s”, (as my mother used to say about my siblings and me when we were children), especially in a toy store or other fun place like that. The main thing was that these two kids were so enthusiastic and thoughtful about choosing nice toys for other children who they understood were not as fortunate as they are, so even if Will did come out of the store with a modest little book for himself, hopefully the lesson of giving to others will always be part of this family’s tradition, just as much as decorating the tree together and opening presents.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I always forget that Will is 7. He has the maturity of a 4 year old. I can't imagine him in a classroom full of 7 year olds. He must be in special ed or something like that. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I always forget that Will is 7. He has the maturity of a 4 year old. I can't imagine him in a classroom full of 7 year olds. He must be in special ed or something like that. 

OMG! I cannot imagine him in class!

Someone said the reason he was probably called a baby is because he acts like one.

I would be ticked if I paid to have my kid take a class like Karate and he ruled/ruined it.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Halfway through the meal, BIL was taking seconds (or 3rds) of the mac and cheese. There were about 2 servings left. As he scooped out all of it, onto his plate, he laughed and said "I hope no one else wanted any because I'm taking it all...hahaha!'.

I agree...I was married to a selfish jerk whose parents thought everything he did was adorable and laughed at it. It makes for selfish adults that no one can stand.

This reminds me of dinners with our grandparents. I had cousins who would take all of some dish...and grandpa would get after them and tell them there are over 20 people here, you don't just take it all and leave nothing for everyone else. They thought our grandpa was mean to them...well he wasn't a "mean" grandpa to the rest of us, because our parents taught us you don't just grab all of some dish for yourself. They'd also rummage through their refrigerator and Grandpa would get after them for that, too. That was another thing our parents said we could not do...that you don't just go rummaging around in the fridge at someone else's house. You are not in your own home, you are a guest in someone else's home. If we wanted a glass of juice or whatever, we were to ask Grandma or Grandpa for something, politely. 

If their parents had taught them some manners, Grandpa wouldn't have to get after them in the first place. So they remember him as "strict" Grandpa, but I remember him as FUN Grandpa - he didn't have to discipline me. My parents did that.

• Love 10

For the people that asked, Jen did say at one point that Bill was part Italian. So the mom probably is part Italian. 

I thought that other than the cheese incident with Will, that the children were pretty well behaved in this episode. It was refreshing. It gets tiresome to watch kids run around misbehaving and then have the clueless parents talk as though their kids are the best thing since sliced bread and hear their stupid views on parenting.

I agree with the posters who said that Bill's inflatables are tacky.  He had them at Halloween too. I hate those inflatable decorations.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 4

The product placement doesn’t bother me. Practically every reality show has product placement. Anytime on a show you see the cast go to a restaurant, hotel, amusement park, see the name of an establishment, etc., it’s product placement. 

I do wonder if Will is a little more out there because of the cameras. The filming days are likely more fun than regular days. He may be excited because he knows it will be a fun day and something exciting will happen.  Non-filming days are likely just school, homework, dinner, repeat again tomorrow. Those days likely run on a schedule and have more structure that keep him in check. 

• Love 5

Both of the children are now posing for and acting out for the cameras.  Zoey has it all figured out and the arm folding, attitude, etc. is all staged for effect.  Notice how Zoey shoved the shopping cart repeatedly into the sales desk in the toy store.  She did it about three times to get the attention of the sales clerk, this is not normal behavior but the behavior of someone who is acting out and performing or perhaps just spoiled.  Will is the little comedian and plays into all the attention that smarting off brings to him.  I think that Bill and Jen are not big enough in stature to handle the children and without the discipline and respect that is required for the situation, they are in trouble without other adults in attendance. 

I feel that they are good and loving parents but are in over their heads with these two little ones.  Bill has said that he doesn't like all the criticism about the discipline problems that they receive from the public and is considering ending the show.  I truly believe that they will not have another season.

I wish them well and hope they are able to overcome the obstacles they have been given but being on television is not going to help them form the necessary boundaries and discipline guidelines that they will need to succeed in the difficult task of raising these children.

This is just my opinion from observing this little family.  We care about them and our opinions here on the forum are just because we care and want the best for all four of them.  Bill and Jen we love you and want you to succeed.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I do wonder if Will is a little more out there because of the cameras. The filming days are likely more fun than regular days.

1 hour ago, outtahere said:

Both of the children are now posing for and acting out for the cameras.  Zoey has it all figured out and the arm folding, attitude, etc. is all staged for effect.  Notice how Zoey shoved the shopping cart repeatedly into the sales desk in the toy store.  She did it about three times to get the attention of the sales clerk, this is not normal behavior but the behavior of someone who is acting out and performing or perhaps just spoiled.  Will is the little comedian and plays into all the attention that smarting off brings to him.  I think that Bill and Jen are not big enough in stature to handle the children and without the discipline and respect that is required for the situation, they are in trouble without other adults in attendance. 

I guess I'd been thinking "sometimes they do things to get attention", but I hadn't thought about getting attention for the cameras...and I think that's a very good point.

I noticed Zoey running the cart into the sales desk as well...IMO she should've been told not to do it, but that would've been tough to do since Bill didn't appear to be around at that time. He was probably off watching Will. That's why it's tough to bring two kids to a toy store! :-) But I suppose he could have told them to stay together, so he could keep a closer watch on them. 

I certainly would want a little more control over the situation and told them to stay together, but my guess is this was producer driven..."we're going to let the kids run through a toy store picking out toys to donate, won't that be cute?" And it was kinda cute, for the most part - but then you aren't there to watch each child, if they decide to go in different directions.

That's why I think sometimes the filming is detrimental. Most average kids aren't going to have a store that's closed off to the public, and open only for them. Next time they're at a store, and it's not closed off to the public, then it's very necessary to stay by your parent, which must be quite confusing for them.

• Love 6

I watched a repeat of Wills adoption.   Bill stated early on that he was going to make him a clone of him.  Looks like he is doing just that and it is not cute.  At least when his mother and stepfather are around Bill seems to act more mature.    

• Love 7

outtahere:

“Both of the children are now posing for and acting out for the cameras.  Zoey has it all figured out and the arm folding, attitude, etc. is all staged for effect.  Notice how Zoey shoved the shopping cart repeatedly into the sales desk in the toy store.  She did it about three times to get the attention of the sales clerk, this is not normal behavior but the behavior of someone who is acting out and performing or perhaps just spoiled.  Will is the little comedian and plays into all the attention that smarting off brings to him.  I think that Bill and Jen are not big enough in stature to handle the children and without the discipline and respect that is required for the situation, they are in trouble without other adults in attendance. “

I totally 100% agree

• Love 9

I have no doubt that Bill and Jen love their kids. However, I also think that they put their own wants and needs ahead of the kid's needs. They continue to have their children appear on the TV show. They are not doing it because they can't provide financially and need the money. They are doing it for their own selfish reasons. On top of it, if the kids weren't on the show they would have been cancelled long ago. Their ratings were very low and they were about to be cancelled by the network when they adopted Will. His adoption increased their ratings and revived the show. They are actually using their kids for their own fame and affirmation, and whatever else drives them to be on TV. It's very sad.

Edited by Libby
  • Love 7
On 11/18/2017 at 9:59 PM, outtahere said:

I think that Bill and Jen are not big enough in stature to handle the children and without the discipline and respect that is required for the situation, they are in trouble without other adults in attendance.

You could say this about any parent with a disability. Someone in a wheelchair can't handle active little children; hearing-impaired parents won't know if their child is crying, etc. Bill and Jen are very big in stature: two bright, accomplished adults who are loved and respected within their community (medical; business). 

They have been "handling" these little bundles of energy and sass for several years now. Both children are curious, intelligent and very expressive. They are also pretty close to typical children their age, and as years go by they will catch up to their peers. Bill and Jen are doing just fine for Little People, big people, and those in-between.

• Love 14

Just curious as to how tall the kids will be; Will seems as tall or taller than Jen already. Zoey is small, right now, but she's younger. I'm just thinking ahead to them raising teenagers.

I know they must have a nanny; there's no way they could be doing this without. They used to show her but for some reason have stopped including whatever daily help they have into the show.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, CousinAmy said:

You could say this about any parent with a disability. Someone in a wheelchair can't handle active little children; hearing-impaired parents won't know if their child is crying, etc. Bill and Jen are very big in stature: two bright, accomplished adults who are loved and respected within their community (medical; business). 

They have been "handling" these little bundles of energy and sass for several years now. Both children are curious, intelligent and very expressive. They are also pretty close to typical children their age, and as years go by they will catch up to their peers. Bill and Jen are doing just fine for Little People, big people, and those in-between.

I totally 100% agree.  ;-)

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I know they must have a nanny; there's no way they could be doing this without. They used to show her but for some reason have stopped including whatever daily help they have into the show.

They did have a nanny, and identified her as such on the show.  My understanding is that she recently married and did not move with them to Florida.  Besides, if they show her, the production company has to pay her.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

They did have a nanny, and identified her as such on the show.  My understanding is that she recently married and did not move with them to Florida.  Besides, if they show her, the production company has to pay her.

Yeah, I meant the current one, because I can't imagine them being without one. Thanks on that; didn't consider she'd have to be paid.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

It isn't required that the nanny be paid for filming, but the nanny can refuse to appear without compensation. 

It used to be required that there be consideration to make the release (which is a contract) legal; often, it was only $1 to meet the requirement.  That is no longer a hard-and-fast rule, but anyone in this day and age would be less than wise to agree to be in a commercial production without benefiting.  JMO.

• Love 2

CousinAmy,

My use of the word "stature" had nothing to do with their standing in the community but simply referred to their height and ability to lift the children, etc.

My use of word "handling" simply referred to their ability to run after the children and keep them out of danger.

Nothing I said was meant to be critical.

• Love 6
On 11/18/2017 at 6:07 AM, Awfarmington said:

I had a main dish with several sides. Halfway through the meal, BIL was taking seconds (or 3rds) of the mac and cheese. There were about 2 servings left. As he scooped out all of it, onto his plate, he laughed and said "I hope no one else wanted any because I'm taking it all...hahaha!'. After knowing him for  20+ years, I can no longer be in his company. He is the most obnoxious, selfish, immature person I know. 

Your post stirred general annoyance, as I remembered a lesson I once learned. I am a teacher, so every year I receive a group of 26 students between the ages of 7 thru 11, depending on which grade I was assigned. Every year, at party time, I am reminded that some families allow their child to take whatever food he/she desires, in whatever quantity they desire. I have learned that every class needs a mini lesson on how to choose from a buffet prior to party time. There are always 4 to 5 kids who are oblivious to the fact that one should choose ONE of each food item, only returning for 2nds if you've noted everyone has received a portion, AND you've been invited. Those are the same kids who throw mini melt downs because they wanted three dinosaur cookies and no carrots while also hoping for a big crowd so they can get away with murder (while their parents cower and pray no one sees them.)  Since they've learned this is prime time to act up, I culture shock them with my lesson. While they are loud and grabby, I am louder in demanding their attention and I ignore the stares as I dump their plates and order them back to select the proper amount  before guiding them off to a quiet table to finish off their dinners. Once I've proven that onlookers don't faze me, these kids will never cross me again. They never saw it coming and it's wonderful to watch their expressions when they realize the jig is up. The Kleins and their stature are not a factor as all kids will test the limits when in a new environment.

• Love 4