Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Number Two

AmandaPanda
  • Start Topic

I think the character development of Kate has suffered because the writers are so in love Toby that Kate is almost a side character in her own story.   I actually know way more about Toby then Kate.  At this point, the writers might as well have cast Toby as one of the triplets for as much screen time as he receives.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think the character development of Kate has suffered because the writers are so in love Toby that Kate is almost a side character in her own story.   I actually know way more about Toby then Kate.  At this point, the writers might as well have cast Toby as one of the triplets for as much screen time as he receives.

Toby is so clearly Dan Fogelman inserting himself into the show as the "non-conventional lead guy" who somehow manages to say the right things and do all the right things at all times.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Toby is so clearly Dan Fogelman inserting himself into the show as the "non-conventional lead guy" who somehow manages to say the right things and do all the right things at all times.

You could so tell that Toby's speech about being a large and powerful man was something that Fogelman wishes he had the balls to tell someone in real life.  

• Love 3
On 11/22/2017 at 8:18 AM, Jillybean said:

The actress who plays teen Kate resembles Chrissy Metz in terms of facial features; however, she is not at all overweight. So Kate is shown to be a bit chubby as a child, normal weight as a teen, and morbidly obese as an adult. Presumably all of Kate's shit is tied in to Jack's death, and since the showrunners are determined to string out that mystery, we don't get the opportunity to learn what exactly is at the root of present-day Kate's emotional issues. 

Agreed. I was hoping that the Kate-focused episode would touch on when Kate became obese. Teenage Kate was a normal weight and acted like a normal moody teenager.