Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Finale Special - Check Up w/Dr. Drew Part 1

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Good Lord, I hope not. The last thing that whale needs is another child and another daddy added to the clusterfuck that is her life

I think she would try and sell her life as a reality show. 

Clusterfuck: Life of Kwale

• Love 5

Out of all the girls I think Kail lives the most out of reality lifestyle with the expensive everything - hoping for the boys sake that she can keep it up after show is over.  I think the new baby looks like Kail only darker skin tone. My other half came in room when show was on (he wont watch it for anything)  and Kail was on screen and he said "wow she looks so much older - what happened to her?" Then as he left the room he added that she must have had some serious rough times lately. I just thought she looked large not old.

• Love 3

I haven't watched the show for a couple seasons and so I usually avoid the episode threads, 1. because I haven't watched I don't have much to say about it, and 2. I read some monstrosity that Jenelle has inflicted on one of her kids and I don't sleep for days. I would probably watch if I didn't have to wonder what disturbing act of negligence or emotional abuse Jenelle was going to put her kid through that I'd have to see.

So, I did watch Leah's reunion segment online and I had to tear up a little when Gracie asked Leah if Ali's condition was her fault. I liked Leah's response to her. So good on Leah. But I rolled my eyes when she broke down in front of her admissions counselor or whoever that was and said she just wanted to be successful. No, you don't Leah. Education has no intrinsic value to you. And neither are you pursuing a career that requires a specific course of study. You ONLY want to go to school so you can throw it in the face of everyone who calls you stupid.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tatum said:

So, I did watch Leah's reunion segment online and I had to tear up a little when Gracie asked Leah if Ali's condition was her fault. I liked Leah's response to her

Unfortunately it was reported that at one point Leah talked about her tiny, petite little womb and how there wasn't enough room in there, and she said it in front of Gracie.  So if that's true, Leah planted the seed.  Also, the "what caused this" discussion should certainly have taken place at length long ago, so Gracie should not have that misconception now.  And Leah did not seem surprised to hear it, which might mean one of two things: 1) she had heard it before; or 2) Leah was so stoned that the appearance of extraterrestrials in her living room would not have been a surprise to her.  

10 minutes ago, Tatum said:

No, you don't Leah. Education has no intrinsic value to you. And neither are you pursuing a career that requires a specific course of study. You ONLY want to go to school so you can throw it in the face of everyone who calls you stupid.

The moronic bag of hair doesn't even know what she's saying.  She only knows she's supposed to say it.  David Letterman used to have "Stupid Pet Tricks," and people would bring on dogs who could supposedly talk.  Leah could have been on that show.  Wearing a collar.  

Edited by Sprockets
word
  • Love 5
Just now, Sprockets said:

Unfortunately it was reported that at one point Leah talked about her tiny, petite little womb and how there wasn't enough room in there, and she said it in front of Gracie.  So if that's true, Leah planted the seed.  Also, the "what caused this" discussion should certainly have taken place at length long ago, so Gracie should not have that misconception now.  And Leah did not seem surprised to hear it, which might mean one of two things: 1) she had heard it before; or 2) Leah was so stoned that the appearance of extraterrestrials in her living room would not have been a surprise to her.  

Did she? I remember her telling her mom she was worried she hadn't been big enough for twins to grow properly (which sounds like a really poorly timed humblebrag but she seemed legit distressed about it) but it was a long time ago before Ali's diagnosis was even made, so the twins would have been like 2, even if they were within earshot. But I suppose she could have brought it up multiple times.

I suspect Gracie has brought it up before now. The cynical part of me wonders if Leah encouraged her to repeat it on camera so Leah could have her Danny Tanner moment.

I guess I just can't get over my low opinion of these girls.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Booted said:

Out of all the girls I think Kail lives the most out of reality lifestyle with the expensive everything - hoping for the boys sake that she can keep it up after show is over.  I think the new baby looks like Kail only darker skin tone. My other half came in room when show was on (he wont watch it for anything)  and Kail was on screen and he said "wow she looks so much older - what happened to her?" Then as he left the room he added that she must have had some serious rough times lately. I just thought she looked large not old.

Kail lives above her means but I would consider Janelle as the one who lives the most out of reality.  She is going to be beaten to death by this psycho she married. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Kail lives above her means but I would consider Janelle as the one who lives the most out of reality.  She is going to be beaten to death by this psycho she married. 

Or one of these days one of her own assault and battery charges or DWIs might actually have serious consequences for her.

• Love 7

I also offer up this rhetorical question when the topic comes up (in general): if you're a parent and your student needs glasses/hearing aide(s)/crutches to mend broken bones/wheelchair for mobility, would you be OK with providing those necessary pieces of equipment? 

Taking Adderall is not the same as "doing meth", nor does it trigger any addictive tendencies in those who are pre-disposed to addiction as long as it is being taken by someone who does have ADHD. 

That rhetorical question is one I have heard said by several mental professionals. Thank you for sharing your insights and personal knowledge about this topic because as a parent, it seriously bothers me when people question any person for having their child on medication. I have a child (she is an adult btw) who is diabetic. The same way she needed medication for her health issues, the same holds for my child who has a mental disorder. People are quick to sneer at parents for doing the right thing, but they wouldn't sneer at them for having their child receive braces, eyeglasses, diabetic medication, heart medication, or anything else that child may need to help them function better. The brain is also an organ and it doesn't always function properly. It may need medication in order to function at a better capacity. 

We are watching Eggsley who may need some medical help with that head of hers and yet, we don't see Jenelle doing anything about it. To think she would deprive Jace of his much-needed medication is seriously fucked up. Would she deny her child medications if they had heart problems? Sick ass bitch. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

We are watching Eggsley who may need some medical help with that head of hers and yet, we don't see Jenelle doing anything about it. To think she would deprive Jace of his much-needed medication is seriously fucked up. Would she deny her child medications if they had heart problems? Sick ass bitch. 

Because she took a 12-week stripmall medical assisting course — so she’s pretty much just like a doctor now, Kazu!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Because she took a 12-week stripmall medical assisting course — so she’s pretty much just like a doctor now, Kazu!

Oh, I forgot. Duh! Chinelle knows more than anyone what is in the best interest of their health. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

That rhetorical question is one I have heard said by several mental professionals. Thank you for sharing your insights and personal knowledge about this topic because as a parent, it seriously bothers me when people question any person for having their child on medication. I have a child (she is an adult btw) who is diabetic. The same way she needed medication for her health issues, the same holds for my child who has a mental disorder. People are quick to sneer at parents for doing the right thing, but they wouldn't sneer at them for having their child receive braces, eyeglasses, diabetic medication, heart medication, or anything else that child may need to help them function better. The brain is also an organ and it doesn't always function properly. It may need medication in order to function at a better capacity. 

I give you major props for being an awesome parent and making sure your children's health was taken care of, whether what they needed was visible to the naked eye or not - I wish there were more parents like you in this world. Truly. I'm sure you've run into other parents and wanted to shake them to their core as they explain why cutting out wheat or gluten will cure their son's dyslexia. (I am not mocking dyslexia anyone; I am simply using it as an example!)

May I please use your heart medication and diabetes examples as part of my revised MA thesis? :) 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I give you major props for being an awesome parent and making sure your children's health was taken care of, whether what they needed was visible to the naked eye or not - I wish there were more parents like you in this world. Truly. I'm sure you've run into other parents and wanted to shake them to their core as they explain why cutting out wheat or gluten will cure their son's dyslexia. (I am not mocking dyslexia anyone; I am simply using it as an example!)

May I please use your heart medication and diabetes examples as part of my revised MA thesis? :) 

Oh, of course. Be my guest. Thank you. 

Proud of your hard work! :-) 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

She's out there saving lives while her mom works at a god damn wal-mart deli. 

It just doesn't compare, does it? 

Jenelle is so deserving of so much praise for all her hard work. Shame on Barb! 

• Love 4

A quick question because I'm a bit confused. It's probably because I've barely watched this season but have caught a few clips. When did everything become Barb's fault? The last time I remember something be all someone's fault, it was Miranda. Jeff took some blame on Teen Mom OG but everything on this show was Miranda's fault. Does this mean that Leah stopped paying her social media fans?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Christina said:

A quick question because I'm a bit confused. It's probably because I've barely watched this season but have caught a few clips. When did everything become Barb's fault? The last time I remember something be all someone's fault, it was Miranda. Jeff took some blame on Teen Mom OG but everything on this show was Miranda's fault. Does this mean that Leah stopped paying her social media fans?

When Barb divorced her abuser. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Christina said:

A quick question because I'm a bit confused. It's probably because I've barely watched this season but have caught a few clips. When did everything become Barb's fault? 

When Jenelle learned to talk.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Your spelling is spot on - even I forget how to spell it on a near daily basis and it's a big part of my job! :)

Part of my MA involved ADHD and its medication, other therapies and their efficacy rates on students, including possibilities of addiction, so I apologize in advance for this long post.

Not many people know this, but due to an increasing number of people who are not diagnosed with ADHD until they are adults each year, Adderall does not show up on any drug screenings/tox reports for employment, even though it contains elements of methamphetamine as it's considered a "non-issue", based on the medication's chemical composition.

I cannot speak about anything other than Adderall for ADHD l as I have no direct experience/knowledge about the specifics of each drug on the market that is available for those who suffer from ADHD/ADD, but what I can confirm is that in order for the Adderall to be effective, they key ingredient is a stimulant, which is the most common type of medication used to tread ADHD. It's this stimulant that specifically "effectively counteracts" the natural chemical imbalances that cause ADHD. 

ADHD is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. Taking medication for ADHD is essentially causing two positives to cancel each other out to allow for the brain to maintain and regulate a constant and even level of dopamine and norepinephrine levels throughout the course of the day. This allows the student/adult to pay attention, stay organized, not lose/forget required materials for tasks, complete tasks based on previous information/lessons/lectures, work on time management and FEEL good about being able to complete all of the things are required on a daily basis that are otherwise nearly impossible when one is not taking medication.

I also offer up this rhetorical question when the topic comes up (in general): if you're a parent and your student needs glasses/hearing aide(s)/crutches to mend broken bones/wheelchair for mobility, would you be OK with providing those necessary pieces of equipment? 

Taking Adderall is not the same as "doing meth", nor does it trigger any addictive tendencies in those who are pre-disposed to addiction as long as it is being taken by someone who does have ADHD. 

Teachers are usually the ones who spend the most concentrated amount of time with a student. For example, Johnny doesn't have to meet similar timelines/deadlines at home like he does at school that are part of a regular, daily schedule that can/should be completed on auto-pilot, but Johnny struggles with even the simplest of "auto pilot tasks", like writing down his HW down because he is too busy trying "to remind/tell his brain to focus" while he's digging around in his backpack because he "forgot that he needs a pencil to write with." 

Common sense says a pencil is needed to jot down HW, but Johnny's brain doesn't work like that. He's not able to manage his time or anticipate what comes next (i.e. having his pencil already sharpened and ready to use). He knows what he needs to do, but actually being able to do it is a totally different animal. If Johnny takes too long to write down his HW, then he isn't "caught up" with the class for the rest of the day/period and so on and so forth. The poor kid can't keep up after only five minutes into class and spends the rest of class trying to play catch up, not understanding how to do the work because he wasn't paying attention to the lesson or engaging in procrastinating behaviors. There is no scenario in which this ends well.

Diagnosis of ADHD requires a comprehensive evaluation by a licensed clinician, such as a pediatrician, psychologist, or psychiatrist with expertise in ADHD. For a person to receive a diagnosis of ADHD, the symptoms of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity must be chronic or long-lasting, impair the person’s functioning, and cause the person to fall behind normal development for his or her age. The doctor will also ensure that any ADHD symptoms are not due to another medical or psychiatric condition. 

ADHD symptoms can appear as early as between the ages of 3 and 6 and can continue through adolescence and adulthood. Symptoms of ADHD can be mistaken for emotional or disciplinary problems or missed entirely in quiet, well-behaved children, leading to a delay in diagnosis. Adults with undiagnosed ADHD may have a history of poor academic performance, problems at work, or difficult or failed relationships.

As a child reaches elementary school, the symptom of inattention may become more prominent and cause the child to struggle academically. Many adolescents with ADHD also struggle with relationships and antisocial behaviors. Inattention, restlessness, and impulsivity tend to persist into adulthood.

Thank you for taking the time to write this - its very thoughtful and informative. Your explanation about the diagnosis process explains so much as well as classroom behavior. As a mother who chose not to follow through with psychiatrist but a psychologists at a time when my son was in jr high - I regret missing the chance for a clear diagnosis out of fear/ medications for him regalurly and from your description will suggest he follow through now to see if I made mistake regarding that. 

Also appreciate the way you delivered it!!! Thank you 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Booted said:

Thank you for taking the time to write this - its very thoughtful and informative. Your explanation about the diagnosis process explains so much as well as classroom behavior. As a mother who chose not to follow through with psychiatrist but a psychologists at a time when my son was in jr high - I regret missing the chance for a clear diagnosis out of fear/ medications for him regalurly and from your description will suggest he follow through now to see if I made mistake regarding that. 

Also appreciate the way you delivered it!!! Thank you 

You are more than welcome. I am beyond passionate about this, as I'm sure anyone can tell! It's a touchy subject, and I respect that, but the advancements that have been made in medicine, as well as the number of publications that are made available to parents/guardians, does a lot to alleviate any fears people have about this. I think it also helps to be able to have someone talk to/ask questions in order to eliminate fears, disseminate myths and clarify information. I wish you and your son nothing but the best of luck.

• Love 10
On 11/13/2017 at 9:54 PM, poeticlicensed said:

So that's it? Mtv flies them to LA, puts them up in a nice hotel, rents them a big car, then they summarily walk off after a few minutes. MTV needs to put a no storm off (lol) clause in their contracts.  If they storm off they don't get paid and have to refund all the money spent on the trip. 

I really don't understand why, especially at this point, MTV still plays along with the "talent's" ridiculous temper tantrums. NONE of them are irreplaceable, least of all third-baby-daddies with attitude problems. UBT should have been barred from the reunion based on his prior behavior and if he/Jenelle didn't like that, their pay should have been docked accordingly. End of story. It's not as if they have ANY other professional options, much less ones that pay anywhere near as much as MTV.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:53 PM, FlowerofCarnage said:

Someone needs to inform Kail that it's not cheating when you're not in a committed relationship with the other party.

Kail is BEYOND RIDICULOUS. She said on camera, several times that she knew Chris was fucking other women throughout their "relationship." Now the story is that he was "cheating on her," which "proves" that he should be cut out of his child's life? Jiggawhat? I'm absolutely not here to defend Chris, but WTF is her story? Before, it was, "He knew that I wasn't using birth control and he should have pulled out if he didn't want to make a baby. We're just friends and I'm cool with him fucking other girls (though I do want him to come to prenatal appointments and treat me like I'm special). Isn't it awesome how he said hi to my friends on the phone?! He was there for the birth and he's visiting the baby (his twin!!!), so we're cool." Now, suddenly, it's "He cheated on me throughout my pregnancy and I don't want him to have any contact with our child." Hunh?

On 11/14/2017 at 3:34 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Thanks, @ghoulina. BAHAHAHA! Suzi is awful but she only brought one child (Kail) into her mess and dysfunction. Smirnoff Suzi is probably embarrassed that her 25 year old daughter has 3 kids by 3 men and by her child's public antics (and over being intermittently used then sh!t on in public by her, too). 

BTW, when we found out Kail was pregnant again and that Chris was the daddy I SOOOO called (on this board somewhere) that she'd be calling Suzi to come help when the Lopez family didn't all move next door, take on watching all her kids, and do her housework.  I KNEW she was going to do that. Apparently Suzi did, too. Suzi is awful, but I totally understand why she's was not gonna be there for that again. 

I'm not here to defend Suzi either, but I can totally see how, if Suzi was really getting her shit together, she might choose to sever ties with Kail, her toxic daughter. Yes, Suzi made a million mistakes as a parent, etc., etc. Still, I give her credit for only having one kid (unlike Kail) and for doing what she could for Kail during what we've seen on the show. If Kail were in similar circumstances to what we saw with Suzi on the show, living with a boyfriend who was already putting up with her alcoholism, emotional instability, and whatever else, I seriously question whether Kail would put her own security in jeopardy by asking/pressuring the bf to allow her child and grandchild to move in. I imagine Kail in that situation being like, "Well, Isaac/Lincoln/Lux, it was your choice to have a child and to fuck up your situation where you had a nice place to live with your baby's grandparents. It's not fair for you to ask me to put my well-being at risk to help you. What if you mess up my relationship with my bf and he throws me out? I deserve to be happy and you need to get your shit together. I raised you 100% on my own with no help and no parents to provide anything for me."

On 11/14/2017 at 6:22 PM, GreatKazu said:

Drew is a hypocrite like the rest of these douchebags. He claims he is not a therapist for these people, and yet, if you read what Jenelle tweeted (on her topic thread) she claims Drew said Maryssa should be in therapy due to her mother, but that scene did not make the cut. I believe he did offer that unsolicited advice because we have heard him countless times give out medical and therapeutic advice over the season.

I absolutely loathe Drew (have for years). He is a misogynist, unethical piece of shit. He doesn't give a fuck about any of these people or anyone else he's supposedly "helped" on TV over the years.

11 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I didn't see it that way.  I saw Jenelle instantly covering for him, locking down her emotions because she has to with him.  She had no way of knowing she would be right back, but she knew she had to talk to David off-stage because no one was going to like what he said.   I saw her in cover-up mode, which is probably where she lives a lot of the time.  

Jenelle and UBT are THE MOST TWISTED COUPLE EVER. None of their behavior is "normal." If a "normal" wife were at one of her most important work events of the year (at the job which funds 100% of their (high) cost of living), her husband would never just walk up to her and demand that she leave immediately with no explanation. That's not reasonable, even for a normal, decent guy (which UBT isn't). Given the structure of the show/work experience, he totally could have said, "I need to talk to you for a few minutes, Jenelle," and had an opportunity to explain how the producers were insisting upon some unreasonable thing that legitimately required them to leave. The fact that he feels entitled to demand that Jenelle make big decisions like that without any information or discussion shows how twisted their relationship is. Jenelle, of course, doesn't get that, so she thinks that her statement that it would be so hurtful to UBT if his wife didn't back him up (when he was being reckless and unreasonable, AGAIN) will resonate with "normal" people.

• Love 20

Kail is BEYOND RIDICULOUS. She said on camera, several times that she knew Chris was fucking other women throughout their "relationship." Now the story is that he was "cheating on her," which "proves" that he should be cut out of his child's life? Jiggawhat? I'm absolutely not here to defend Chris, but WTF is her story? Before, it was, "He knew that I wasn't using birth control and he should have pulled out if he didn't want to make a baby. We're just friends and I'm cool with him fucking other girls (though I do want him to come to prenatal appointments and treat me like I'm special). Isn't it awesome how he said hi to my friends on the phone?! He was there for the birth and he's visiting the baby (his twin!!!), so we're cool." Now, suddenly, it's "He cheated on me throughout my pregnancy and I don't want him to have any contact with our child." Hunh?

This. And the rest of your post I want to "like" more than once. 

On top of the cheating accusations, she is now claiming he is also an abuser! Where have we heard that before? People like Kail really burn me up because they toss around "he/she abused me!" so easily while they are the ones who are abusive. Fucking POS twat. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15
On 11/15/2017 at 2:46 AM, Booted said:

This is just what Dr Drew meant about how Barb treats Jenelle - go Barb - keep in real and classy . Dis your daughter totally and do it with the guy who told you you are the reason she did heroin and are a terrible mother on national tv !!  The one who you swore was the worse one of all and the reason that year to keep Jace from living with Jenelle - exactly how low will you all go to keep yourself on this show? Neither of you can through Jenelle anymore so yea fight for those kids in the hopes to stay on tv. If this was about these children for one second you would not act the way you transparent fake concerned adults are. 

I think Jace should go to a counselor of Jenelles choice as well and see what they have to say about what exactly is going on and what is being blown out of proportion. I also think maybe Jenelle should sell some stories of her glory days as a child about her mother like she does to her. 

I loved when Barb tried to bring up Jenelle not loving her and Drew blew by her the fact that she did that on tv a few seasons back about her own daughter. Supportive concerned mothering there. 

If you don't need a man why the heck is one asking you to sleep with him on his boat and whats up with her saying he would smell of fish? But she wanted a guy with a boat - right?  She did not even get a date that I saw with a "boat guy" on her dating special that I saw - maybe I missed him?  And no Barb you alone can give your Grandsons everything they need and would learn from any male person who is stable is there life. When Jace is a teen and you cant handle him or his violent behavior towards you - I will bet you will need a man then. I know call the police they will save you for a second but the amount of hate you will have placed upon you will last for years maybe his whole life so better get yourself prepared since you can Annie Oakley this yourself. 

Please give me a break - I have more believe me. Woman and her crass voice -going from waterworks to laughing in a millisecond tells me where her daughter learned this.

I'll be honest with you, I can't picture Babs selling stories about Jenelle. She does not strike me as that type of mother. I could be wrong, but that is just not the vibe I get. And stupid Dr. Drew did not ask Jenelle what specific stories she thinks her mother sold, nor did he ask Babs whether it was true that she sold those stories, so I suppose we don't know for sure. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I thought the same thing at first but, thanks to something @MKAY posted a while back from Kail's and Chris's Twitter, the timeline sorta makes sense in my head. In January, right after NYE, Kail tweeted a series of shit on Twitter indicating she and Chris were done and tweets from Chris's Twitter were about how Kail went nuts on him and cut off his dreads, etc. At the reunion, she mentioned that she found out about his cheating by going through his phone. I'm thinking those tweets were right after all that happened - Kail went through his phone, found out he had another girl, went crazy and cut off his dreads, etc. 

Since Kail had the baby in early August, she likely became pregnant in early-mid November or maybe late October. Sooo by the time NYE rolls around, Kail surely knew she was pregnant.

I'm thinking that from whenever Javi deployed up until January of this year, Kail was under the impression that she and Chris were a couple and that he was her boyfriend. Whether that's because he made it seem that way or because Kail just assumed, who knows, but for whatever reason, Kail decided she wanted a baby with him and 2 months later, she found out he was cheating. 

What I'm thinking happened is that Kail (by her own admission) kept telling him how she wants another baby and she wants one with him. I think Chris probably did what a lotta guys do when theyre not ready for one/don't want one, they laugh it off just to avoid conflict/an awkward serious conversation, and only take her half-seriously. Then, one in day in October or November, Kail announces to him that she IS, indeed, pregnant and he was like WTF? and felt trapped, tricked, not ready, not wanting this, etc. and so his mind and eyes started to wander elsewhere and after a while, Kail sensed he was distant and went through his phone. 

I think that, by the time TM2 started filming this season, that had already happened and Kail already knew she was pregnant. 

From there, she and Chris were on-off for a bit, which is why sometimes she'd say they were "trying to work things out" but clearly knew about his other girls, etc. and had just accepted that it is what it is. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 10

Why would Kail go through someone’s phone? She was very upset when Javi looked at her phone and she was crying and yelling about her privacy. Weird that she would then do it to someone else, knowing how important privacy is to a person.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, poopchute said:

Why would Kail go through someone’s phone? She was very upset when Javi looked at her phone and she was crying and yelling about her privacy. Weird that she would then do it to someone else, knowing how important privacy is to a person.

bc Kail's a raging hypocrite, duh, we all know that. Privacy is important to HER, as in, she feels it's important that people respect HER privacy, but Chris's privacy is of no importance to her and free to be violated when she feels a need to check up on him. But of course, Dr. Drew didn't call her out on that, either bc he doesn't watch the show he hosts or because he's was afraid she'd walk off. 

She's completely oblivious to her blatant hypocrisy, too, b/c if I were her, I woulda at least been self-aware enough to lie and say that I found out bc his other girl contacted me through Twitter and told me. LOL. 

Chris sounds like an asshole, but you know what? I like him simply because he gave the bitch a taste of her own medicine, so now she knows what it feels like to be on the other side of her bullshit. 

• Love 18
20 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I see her as being severely damaged on a fundamental level.  So that every response is toxic.  Garbage in, garbage out.  There are a whole lot of people like that on this planet.  

Jenelle's behavior is textbook Borderline Personality Disorder. Everything about her. Inability to be alone, even for short amounts of time, both literally and relationship-wise, black-and-white thinking (everything is either PERFECT or horrible, this person is either amazing or the worst person ever, etc), attention-seeking behavior, extremely impusive behavior, a pattern of intense yet short-lived relationships (how many men has she been engaged to, after such short lengths of time?), alternating between idealization of a person to devaluing them, a history of reckless behavior including attention-seeking self-harm, drug abuse, possibly excessive spending, intense mood swings that are short-lived...

There should be a picture of her when you look up BPD in the DSM. That's how textbook she is. 

I've known QUITE a few people just like her. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I was just reading about Javi and Brianna being together... I 100 % believe that he's just doing this to get back at Kail. You can tell he's still in love with her. For reasons unbeknownst to me. She has no redeeming qualities.

You think so? I read that Kail believes he's doing it for revenge bc they live so far away from each other, so it doesn't make sense to Kail BUT it makes sense to me, bc Javi and Briana are both in the very unique situation of being on TM2. I can see why, as someone whose been on the show for years, you'd seek out someone who is ALSO on the show, who knows the drill and is not gonna just see you as "Javi from Teen Mom." Plus, Briana is a single mother with 2 kids in need of a father, Javi is a newly divorced father who is now seeking a replacement family to fill the void, perfect it. And they are both from a Hispanic family and culture, so they get each other in that way, too. I could totally see why they'd be drawn to each other. 

• Love 10

I think most of the things Javi does are for attention and/or fame, at least partly. He plays a family man on TV, and he seems to be a good dad, but if some girl with no aims for the celeb life tried to get with him, I doubt he'd have any interest. In fact, his most recent breakup was caused by his girlfriend's desire for privacy and dislike of the MTV association. 

I'm not saying he literally has zero attraction to Briana. These things are more complicated than that. But despite his claims, I certainly don't think he's looking for deep "true love" or anything. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I think most of the things Javi does are for attention and/or fame, at least partly. He plays a family man on TV, and he seems to be a good dad, but if some girl with no aims for the celeb life tried to get with him, I doubt he'd have any interest. In fact, his most recent breakup was caused by his girlfriend's desire for privacy and dislike of the MTV association. 

no, you're right, I agree, and I'm sure the desire to remain on MTV (and the nice paycheck and lifestyle that comes along with it) was also part of Briana's appeal for Javi. But I imagine that, after a while, dating someone who is not in the public eye and who has no desire to be IN the public eye would be hard for anyone on TM, bc being on TV is their job and how they make a living, so it's only natural that people are gonna be interested in what they're doing, who they're dating, etc. So that in itself poses a major conflict and makes them incompatible with someone who has no desire to be in the public eye, even if there's genuine feelings there. That's just how it is. 

But you're right, I think Javi enjoys the fame and attention. I'm glad, though, bc at least he seems appreciative of all of it, he doesn't treat it like a nuisance or demand privacy or take it for granted, like some other people on the show. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 7

Jenelle is brainwashed by UBT. And her whole sob story about how her mother was not there for her wedding- she is the one who pushed Barb away, calls her all of these mean ugly things....also I felt bad watching Doris get upset over how she worries about Kaiser. She should put up a fight for custody for Kaiser. Especially if Kaiser is saying stuff like David punched him... wtf!!. Everyone can see that UBT is a controlling, abusive person and it would be in the best interest for Kaiser if he did not live with them. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Bridget said:

Your spelling is spot on - even I forget how to spell it on a near daily basis and it's a big part of my job! :)

Part of my MA involved ADHD and its medication, other therapies and their efficacy rates on students, including possibilities of addiction, so I apologize in advance for this long post.

Not many people know this, but due to an increasing number of people who are not diagnosed with ADHD until they are adults each year, Adderall does not show up on any drug screenings/tox reports for employment, even though it contains elements of methamphetamine as it's considered a "non-issue", based on the medication's chemical composition.

I cannot speak about anything other than Adderall for ADHD l as I have no direct experience/knowledge about the specifics of each drug on the market that is available for those who suffer from ADHD/ADD, but what I can confirm is that in order for the Adderall to be effective, they key ingredient is a stimulant, which is the most common type of medication used to tread ADHD. It's this stimulant that specifically "effectively counteracts" the natural chemical imbalances that cause ADHD. 

ADHD is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. Taking medication for ADHD is essentially causing two positives to cancel each other out to allow for the brain to maintain and regulate a constant and even level of dopamine and norepinephrine levels throughout the course of the day. This allows the student/adult to pay attention, stay organized, not lose/forget required materials for tasks, complete tasks based on previous information/lessons/lectures, work on time management and FEEL good about being able to complete all of the things are required on a daily basis that are otherwise nearly impossible when one is not taking medication.

Teachers are usually the ones who spend the most concentrated amount of time with a student. For example, Johnny doesn't have to meet similar timelines/deadlines at home like he does at school that are part of a regular, daily schedule that can/should be completed on auto-pilot, but Johnny struggles with even the simplest of "auto pilot tasks", like writing down his HW down because he is too busy trying "to remind/tell his brain to focus" while he's digging around in his backpack because he "forgot that he needs a pencil to write with." 

Common sense says a pencil is needed to jot down HW, but Johnny's brain doesn't work like that. He's not able to manage his time or anticipate what comes next (i.e. having his pencil already sharpened and ready to use). He knows what he needs to do, but actually being able to do it is a totally different animal. If Johnny takes too long to write down his HW, then he isn't "caught up" with the class for the rest of the day/period and so on and so forth. The poor kid can't keep up after only five minutes into class and spends the rest of class trying to play catch up, not understanding how to do the work because he wasn't paying attention to the lesson or engaging in procrastinating behaviors. There is no scenario in which this ends well.

Diagnosis of ADHD requires a comprehensive evaluation by a licensed clinician, such as a pediatrician, psychologist, or psychiatrist with expertise in ADHD. For a person to receive a diagnosis of ADHD, the symptoms of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity must be chronic or long-lasting, impair the person’s functioning, and cause the person to fall behind normal development for his or her age. The doctor will also ensure that any ADHD symptoms are not due to another medical or psychiatric condition. 

ADHD symptoms can appear as early as between the ages of 3 and 6 and can continue through adolescence and adulthood. Symptoms of ADHD can be mistaken for emotional or disciplinary problems or missed entirely in quiet, well-behaved children, leading to a delay in diagnosis. Adults with undiagnosed ADHD may have a history of poor academic performance, problems at work, or difficult or failed relationships.

As a child reaches elementary school, the symptom of inattention may become more prominent and cause the child to struggle academically. Many adolescents with ADHD also struggle with relationships and antisocial behaviors. Inattention, restlessness, and impulsivity tend to persist into adulthood.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to everyone reading. As someone who was diagnosed with ADD as an adult and having the medication improve my life enormously, it's frustrating to hear people compare it to a dangerous, addictive, illegal substance like meth. 

I've occasionally wondered if Jenelle also doesn't have ADHD (she could also have borderline or bipolar). She has a few of the symptoms that present in adult women. There is a genetic component for many people. And she has the anxiety co-morbidity. 

• Love 9
On 11/14/2017 at 7:25 PM, GreatKazu said:

Bring his unconcious body to my city. We can drive to the pier and feed him to the sharks or drop his body off a cliff off of Highway 1. I will then take you to go eat and have drinks in Malibu.

Too bad from DC is too expensive a plane ticket to join.?I love free meals! Never been to Malibu!

I’d like to drop him off in West Hollywood first though. They’re plenty of “f******” that can kick his ass there too. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
One typo. Also gave me the opportunity to say David is a cunt, which I originally decided I didn’t want to add to post.
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I'll be honest with you, I can't picture Babs selling stories about Jenelle. She does not strike me as that type of mother. I could be wrong, but that is just not the vibe I get. And stupid Dr. Drew did not ask Jenelle what specific stories she thinks her mother sold, nor did he ask Babs whether it was true that she sold those stories, so I suppose we don't know for sure. 

I honestly can't see Barb selling the stories either. However, if she has court fees and lawyers to pay because Jenelle keeps dragging her to court over Jace's custody, I'm willing to give her a pass for selling a couple of stories to pay for her lawyers/court fees if that's what she needs to do to help keep primary custody of Jace.  

• Love 12
23 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Puff puff pass. 

I want to go on this road trip you're all planning. I'm in a wheelchair most of the time and won't be able to drive but I can provide a handicap parking pass!   And I grow my own really good shit so I can supply the weed for everyone, I even make my own gummies and edibles.   Being in the wheelchair I can't kick ass like I'd want but I can hold your purses while you kick ass. 

Please, can I go?! 

Edit: @GreatKazu, everybody mentions Prince when they hear that purple is my favorite color. I was never a Prince fan at all.  People would talk about how hot/sexy he was and I'd think "that guy?! Really?".  He never tickled my pickle if you know what I mean. I'm not tiny, feminine men. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I want to go on this road trip you're all planning. I'm in a wheelchair most of the time and won't be able to drive but I can provide a handicap parking pass!   And I grow my own really good shit so I can supply the weed for everyone, I even make my own gummies and edibles.   Being in the wheelchair I can't kick ass like I'd want but I can hold your purses while you kick ass. 

Please, can I go?! 

Edit: @GreatKazu, everybody mentions Prince when they hear that purple is my favorite color. I was never a Prince fan at all.  People would talk about how hot/sexy he was and I'd think "that guy?! Really?".  He never tickled my pickle if you know what I mean. I'm not tiny, feminine men. 

Good weed and handicapped parking pass?

I might even spring for plane ticket from DC...

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

And I grow my own really good shit so I can supply the weed for everyone, I even make my own gummies and edibles.   Being in the wheelchair I can't kick ass like I'd want but I can hold your purses while you kick ass. 

Please, can I go?! 

Makes her own gummies and edibles.  And will hold purses?

Um, yes! a thousand million times YES!

Do you make your own gummy molds or did you find some on amazon? Asking for a friend.

• Love 8

Yes Dr Drew is a misogynist- and he is terrible on this show. But I think he is a bigger snob. He looks down on all the "stars" and thinks they are trash. His distaste for them is so apparent and he is so condescending. He seems like one of those East Coast/West Coast people that think everyone in the middle is trash and worthless and ignorant.  I'm not saying all East/West Coasters feel like that, and I'm not saying that there isn't trash in the middle. Personally I think there is both good and bad mixed throughout. But he just seems like he's in his Hollywood (adjacent) bubble and he is way above the people on this show who are just low class ignorant hicks. 

I really don't know what I'm trying to say because these people are low class ignorant hicks (for the most part). But there's something in the way that Drew talks down to them and doesn't bother to brush up on their lives etc., that is so arrogant and smug.  I can't explain myself. Need more coffee.  

• Love 16
On 11/15/2017 at 5:01 PM, Tatum said:

I haven't watched the show for a couple seasons and so I usually avoid the episode threads, 1. because I haven't watched I don't have much to say about it, and 2. I read some monstrosity that Jenelle has inflicted on one of her kids and I don't sleep for days. I would probably watch if I didn't have to wonder what disturbing act of negligence or emotional abuse Jenelle was going to put her kid through that I'd have to see.

So, I did watch Leah's reunion segment online and I had to tear up a little when Gracie asked Leah if Ali's condition was her fault. I liked Leah's response to her. So good on Leah. But I rolled my eyes when she broke down in front of her admissions counselor or whoever that was and said she just wanted to be successful. No, you don't Leah. Education has no intrinsic value to you. And neither are you pursuing a career that requires a specific course of study. You ONLY want to go to school so you can throw it in the face of everyone who calls you stupid.

My guess was it wasn't even this nefarious (like Kailyn): I think it was because she thought she'd find a husband there. In her backwater swamp brain, I thinks she thought she'd enroll in school, and within a semester or two, she'd meet someone who was going to be a doctor (Ph D = MD to Leah) and he'd fall head over heels in love with her, she would drop out, and become the first Real Housewife of Possum Holler. 

• Love 14

You think so? I read that Kail believes he's doing it for revenge bc they live so far away from each other,

Javi lives in Jo's neighborhood which isn't that far from Kanal's post-divorce home (Javi' and Kanal's marital home). 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Javi lives in Jo's neighborhood which isn't that far from Kanal's post-divorce home (Javi' and Kanal's marital home). 

Kanal!! I about choked on my breakfast quesadilla, I'm seriously dying!!

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, mrsh said:

Kanal!! I about choked on my breakfast quesadilla, I'm seriously dying!!

Never eat or drink while reading these boards. lol... I learned that after nearly choking to death after reading posts here. 

• Love 7