Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

It depends.  Do they suspend Dare to Scare during the Christmas in July period?

If not, 7 to 12 weeks, until full saturation sets in and Ms.Herring cries, Uncle!

She may have written in to her contract, that she gets a signing bonus for taking this unwanted position and if she stays past the halfway mark, she’ll receive another bonus and one extra week of paid vacation. 

If she survives this initiation, she’s a keeper. She’s going to have to stand and deliver, stand her ground and stand up to Skunky. If she’s not up to the task...well, then it’ll have been nice having almost known ya’.

Best of luck, Ms. Herring.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is this Vanessa person a beauty maven or something? How was it predicted that she would be Skunky's new "sidekick?"

On another thread here, there was brief discussion about the new hosts.  I mentioned that I knew of Vanessa Herring, as she was a local news reporter for several years.  Someone else had gone on her Instagram account, and the focus was makeup and fashion.

On another note, I'm discouraged that Vanessa is going to be Shawn's social media person. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is this Vanessa person a beauty maven or something? How was it predicted that she would be Skunky's new "sidekick?"

She's been involved in beauty products for a long time. She's had her own beauty and "lifestyle" blog since 2014 (at least that's the oldest date in the archives on her blog). She recommends her favorite beauty products.

https://vanessaherring.com/

She's on LinkedIn, where you can see her background as a TV news reporter from 2010-2020 at various stations.  I will go over to the Shopping Channel Hosts thread to post more about her background.

• Useful 8

Wiping her nose again, in the Supersmile A464804 presentation at 10:02.

misc pics Shawn Killinger nose wipe Supersmile 6-08-21.jpg

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

Transcript of what Shawn said about her new sidekick Vanessa. Also includes one of her weird nonsense stories. I had to get the first few words from the livestream recording, since the QVC product video cut it off.

A461521 Mally x RuPaul Discotheque Lip Topper Duo

Shawn, beginning of video: Only presentation of the day, okay, so it is this month our 35th birthday, of our QVC home shopping network. I think it’s very appropriate for us. We’re all adults. So why don’t we all go clubbing together to celebrate? We’re gonna go to the discotheque, which, by the way, growing up as a teen I did. I lived in Mexico. It was great. Quickly, RuPaul and Mally, bringing you a whole new way to look at your lips…[talks about the product]

Shawn  0:39: Mally, I was just talking to one of our new hosts today, Vanessa Herring. She’s so adorable. She’s going to become my new social host on Dare to Share beauty on Friday. We’re getting to know each other. She was like, “So where did you meet your husband?” I said “E Harmony. So where’d you meet your husband Brent ?”  and she goes “At a McDonald’s after clubbing.” They had gone clubbing. She was a news reporter and said she was at McDonald’s. I thought of you because you used to work at Burger King. So all of this seems to come together tonight.” 

Uh... what? We should all go to the discotheque (an outdated term) because Mally and RuPaul used that word in their product name? Did we need to hear about teenage Shawn going clubbing in Mexico? Did we need to hear about the "where did you meet your husband" conversation with Vanessa? And how the hell does Mally working at Burger King in her youth make any of this stuff "come together"?  I thought she was going to say Mally went to Burger King after clubbing, but no, she brought up a job Mally would probably rather have forgotten. So, were any of them wearing lipstick when all these thngs happened?

The mind of the Skunk works in very convoluted ways!

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 5 Mally new host 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 6 lipstick tongue out 6-08-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 9

No gladiator sandals with the dress this time, just flat flip flops.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 7 flat flip flops 6-08-21.jpg

• Sad 4

Had to get a newbie to work with Shawn b/c Vanessa doesn't know better...yet.  What will her nickname be?--you know she just can't call her simply Vanessa.

Why does she need a social media "sidekick"?

Why does she get to advertise her new business on QVC's Instagram?  I'm sure she thinks her "star power" shilling qrap on TV brought in all the stylists.  I wonder how long this job will last with Joe.  I think this is like his 5th or something since he married SK.  Are her minions running to NJ to get their hair cut?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

FB Gems:

Where is Leah tonight (the other half of this show) last week when Shawn was absent Leah was kind & gracious to say ON AIR where Shawn was, did Shawn reciprocate & say where Leah is tonight ? Thanks

Maybe they're ditching the format of Cheers to Shopping with Leah and Shawn. There was a lot of criticism of the format on Social media a few days ago ....

Why were they complaining?

They felt the theme of the show of them sitting imbibing (drinking wine, but doubt it was really wine) was in poor taste or encouraging young people to drink ....  Quite a few seemed upset... I personally don't know too many young ppl that watch QVC.

Yah..it really didn't bother me...it wasn't like they were getting blitzed..LOL.

I would say no young people watch....Most watching are a lot of older ladies I assume.

Yes where is Leah lol? 

Last week no Shawn, this week no Leah ~

Shawn, instead of smoothing your bangs “under”, try feathering them for a more modern/updated look.

Has Shawn even addressed that Leah isn't on tonight? This seems nothing like the format really.

At least when Shawn wasn't on last week Leah explained ....

No more Shawn and Leah?

Had to tune out for awhile did Shawn mention Leah?

Where is Leah?

• Like 6

Poor Vanessa!!  I hope someone warns her about this pairing! Maybe a loyal follower might want to post a warning when she's on FriYay!! 

Did anyone else see the male model during the Whish tsv presentation during Skunky's show?  Actual man hands, feet and manspreading too!! LOL!! Not sure he was on all day?  I didn't catch Shawn make any dumb comments. She just said the product is by used by men and women.  At least we didn't have to see her feet. Wonder if we'll be seeing more men applying beauty products? She claims she uses the foot mask every night. More lies or the product really doesn't work as expected!

20210609_072047.thumb.jpg.b271935d01facf5d5b18336b46c399c9.jpg20210609_072120.thumb.jpg.99f0b582d0375dc095e181a74a5cfb97.jpg20210609_072139.thumb.jpg.192348ca2956c15bf81fdeb6eef5be49.jpg20210609_072149.thumb.jpg.6d313c7c70b7ca27b3800d7dbd684f65.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Has Leah been liberated?

Was the show format cancelled? If so, why no acknowledgement?

If the show continues, how is it that no one mentioned where Leah was?

• Like 6

On Shawn's fb feed of the L&S show. No mention of Leah at the start of it!

• Sad 6

Bug eyes and rubber faces from Mally products presentations.

She still has those forked eyebrows. Why doesn't she draw in a solid outer line on them?

But al least her hair stayed out of her eyes tonight! I think that's because she parted it in the middle instead of making that big side swoop.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 14 Mally eye collage 1 6-0-80-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 15 Mally eye collage 2 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 16 collage 3 6-08-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

On 6/7/2021 at 10:12 PM, Miss Priss said:

Posted on IG 49 min ago:

shawnkillingerqvc

Couldn’t be w u tonight on ‘Fashions Night In’ bc Joe & I had a “thing”, at a “place”, to celebrate a bunch of special small business owners. But proof the Q is never far from my heart, even if I’m far from the Q: we served @isaacmizrahiny @imisaacmizrahi wine from @qvc ‼️❤️🍷🎉🤝🍇#winetime #partypeople #cheers #dreamcometrue #hardworkpaysoffs #faithoverfear #yesyoucan

Off 5 days (some scheduled days off-Sun. and Weds.) for a "cold". 🤥 

Works a Thurs. and Fri.

Off Sat. and Sun. AGAIN.

Now off tonight. I don't understand if she had to have off tonight why wasn't she required to cover someone's shift Sat. or Sun.?

What's with the hashtag "hardworkpaysoff"?  She doesn't know what hard work is, hell she doesn't know what work is period.

I bet her co-hosts hate her as much as we do! 

#hardworkpaysoffs  RIGHT.. not on the Q (Einstein)

Edited by Boston · Reason: missed word
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Transcript of what Shawn said about her new sidekick Vanessa. Also includes one of her weird nonsense stories. I had to get the first few words from the livestream recording, since the QVC product video cut it off.

A461521 Mally x RuPaul Discotheque Lip Topper Duo

Shawn, beginning of video: Only presentation of the day, okay, so it is this month our 35th birthday, of our QVC home shopping network. I think it’s very appropriate for us. We’re all adults. So why don’t we all go clubbing together to celebrate? We’re gonna go to the discotheque, which, by the way, growing up as a teen I did. I lived in Mexico. It was great. Quickly, RuPaul and Mally, bringing you a whole new way to look at your lips…[talks about the product]

Shawn  0:39: Mally, I was just talking to one of our new hosts today, Vanessa Herring. She’s so adorable. She’s going to become my new social host on Dare to Share beauty on Friday. We’re getting to know each other. She was like, “So where did you meet your husband?” I said “E Harmony. So where’d you meet your husband Brent ?”  and she goes “At a McDonald’s after clubbing.” They had gone clubbing. She was a news reporter and said she was at McDonald’s. I thought of you because you used to work at Burger King. So all of this seems to come together tonight.” 

Uh... what? We should all go to the discotheque (an outdated term) because Mally and RuPaul used that word in their product name? Did we need to hear about teenage Shawn going clubbing in Mexico? Did we need to hear about the "where did you meet your husband" conversation with Vanessa? And how the hell does Mally working at Burger King in her youth make any of this stuff "come together"?  I thought she was going to say Mally went to Burger King after clubbing, but no, she brought up a job Mally would probably rather have forgotten. So, were any of them wearing lipstick when all these thngs happened?

The mind of the Skunk works in very convoluted ways!

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 5 Mally new host 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 6 lipstick tongue out 6-08-21.jpg

Why would she repeat that conversation on air that she had with Vanessa Herring! She's so inappropriate, I'm sure Vanessa never thought it was going to be repeated on air. Who the F does she think she is that she would talk about that, especially without Vanessa there. I can't stand her sense of entitlement.🤓

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 12

And saying Vanessa is "adorable" sounds condescending too. We don't need to know where you met your spouses either. It's oversharing and invasive. She's a nasty workplace adult bully!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Bug eyes and rubber faces from Mally products presentations.

She still has those forked eyebrows. Why doesn't she draw in a solid outer line on them?

But al least her hair stayed out of her eyes tonight! I think that's because she parted it in the middle instead of making that big side swoop.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 14 Mally eye collage 1 6-0-80-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 15 Mally eye collage 2 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 16 collage 3 6-08-21.jpg

She's just so miserable.

• Like 7

That dress was ugly then, it's ugly now even without the gladiators.

• Like 7

Not to be a wet blanket, but it was Vanessa herself who said she met her husband at McDonald's when Mary Beth introduced her yesterday.  I only know this because I saw the video when I posted a pic of her on the other thread.

Apparently, this "I met my husband in a fast food restaurant" is going to be how they define Vanessa as they introduce her to QVC.  You know, to make her seem more "relatable" to the rest of us.

Grrrr.....

• Sad 5

16 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Definitely not in QVC clothing, is she?

Or a bra either!🤡

• Laugh 8

6 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

Had to get a newbie to work with Shawn b/c Vanessa doesn't know better...yet.  What will her nickname be?--you know she just can't call her simply Vanessa.

Why does she need a social media "sidekick"?

Why does she get to advertise her new business on QVC's Instagram?  I'm sure she thinks her "star power" shilling qrap on TV brought in all the stylists.  I wonder how long this job will last with Joe.  I think this is like his 5th or something since he married SK.  Are her minions running to NJ to get their hair cut?

We can make nickname predictions. I predict it'll be "Vans."

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Wiping her nose again, in the Supersmile A464804 presentation at 10:02.

misc pics Shawn Killinger nose wipe Supersmile 6-08-21.jpg

Make that wiping her nose again and again.

shawn-nose-wipe-151-152-crop-060821.gif

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 5

DB53B178-30CC-4009-89D9-1118343DFEAF.jpeg.d590a6738b880d92e4ddc6ee203d3a6a.jpeg

I don’t care if she has allergies, a cold, a cocaine habit or just a repetitive motor movement.

Just STTTTTOOOOOOOOOOPPPP!!

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

We can make nickname predictions. I predict it'll be "Vans."

I’m going Nessie to evoke images of the Loch Ness monster. 

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 3

She might just call her V!  Or Vanessadorbs!  Since she thinks she's so "adorable". 

Will she be selling lobster tonight to make up for no show Monday? Or maybe relegated to The Deuce again!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Will she be selling lobster tonight to make up for no show Monday? Or maybe relegated to The Deuce again!

I highly doubt it as according to FB and IG it's someone's birthday today in the Killinger household. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Did someone ever say ? Where was Leah last night ? 

• Like 2

She has to do the Dynatrap bug catcher TSV at midnight Friday night/early Saturday June 12.  From Dare to Share Beauty, to dead bugs. 😜

This is probably how she feels about it.

misc pics Shawn Killinger face expression pouty car collector question Isaac 7-10-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She might just call her V!  Or Vanessadorbs!  Since she thinks she's so "adorable". 

Shawn has started exclaiming that cohosts and OAPs are “adorable.”   “You. Are. So. Adorable!” Or she uses the word “cute”. It’s smacks of something...not sure what to call it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Shawn has started exclaiming that cohosts and OAPs are “adorable.”   “You. Are. So. Adorable!” Or she uses the word “cute”. It’s smacks of something...not sure what to call it.

She pronounces it quoot.

• Laugh 7

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Currying favour because she’s beginning to realise they all hate her?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Burly said:

Just beginning,  it's been like 5 years for me 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Arrested development

Valley girl talk

Immaturity

She learned a new word and is trying to use it 10 times

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

There are a lot of words and phrases she uses to death.

Juicy (anything and everything)

Girl ("Hey, girl!" "Girl, tell us about this color")

Bucks (she hates saying "dollars")

Dunzo ("Once this sells out, we're dunzo")

I'm obsessed with... (anything she's selling)

Lucrative (she  consistently misuses this word, as in "three lucrative Easy Pays," because she doesn't understand exactly what "lucrative" means))

Adding -y to words (beach-y, weekend-y, lounge-y, etc.)

Like (like, she inserts it, like, in all sorts of sentences)

Feel free to expand the list! Girl, let's get all, like, list-y.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

8 hours ago, Burly said:

It won't last, she dismisses people very quickly.

• Sad 5

Don't forget "sidebar" has been used to death and then there's "hard core"!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Boe-tanical

(I realize this isn't a slangy type word like "sidebar", but she consistently  says it on her shows and pronounces it this way).

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

She's been really pushing it with the "cutesy" appellations for OAPs: "Bud", "Boo", and "Boo-Boo", etc.

You know she's not nearly familiar or close enough to these people to call them that, and even if she were, she shouldn't be doing it on-air because it sounds condescending and unprofessional.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

There are a lot of words and phrases she uses to death.

Juicy (anything and everything)

Girl ("Hey, girl!" "Girl, tell us about this color")

Bucks (she hates saying "dollars")

Dunzo ("Once this sells out, we're dunzo")

I'm obsessed with... (anything she's selling)

Lucrative (she  consistently misuses this word, as in "three lucrative Easy Pays," because she doesn't understand exactly what "lucrative" means))

Adding -y to words (beach-y, weekend-y, lounge-y, etc.)

Like (like, she inserts it, like, in all sorts of sentences)

Feel free to expand the list! Girl, let's get all, like, list-y.

"Obviously" and "frankly", which she uses as filler words in her stream of monologue, even though they add nothing to the statement and are often nonsensical in the context.

"Normally $xx with tax and shipping" (yes, because everyone in your viewing audience pays the same sales tax rate) 🙄

Sneaky truncation vs. rounding sales pitch with price: e.g., "Getting it today for 28 bucks" when the price is $28.98 (or, the alternate version, which is "28 bucks and change")

• Like 8

• Um, we know that is not SK's voice on her latest FB and the person talking keeps saying "she" did this and that.  Where was SK?  I'm guessing in bed--could she give up the after work Tito's one night so she could be up in the morning?
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

40 minutes ago, MisterShrug said:

"Getting it today for 28 bucks" when the price is $28.98 (or, the alternate version, which is "28 bucks and change")

Or "Getting it today for under $29.00"

Annoys me when she leaves out S&H when giving a price.

BUT when she says what the price is normally she'll state the S&H. IE: Normally this would sell for $28.98 plus S&H."

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

Um, we know that is not SK's voice on her latest FB and the person talking keeps saying "she" did this and that.  Where was SK?  I'm guessing in bed--could she give up the after work Tito's one night so she could be up in the morning?

You'd think SK would want to see the reaction/excitement of the recipient. And, no I don't mean a video of it.

Speaking of her distinct idiot way of speaking on air she says "um" way too much. I've noticed other hosts saying it, but, not near as much as SK.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

She's been really pushing it with the "cutesy" appellations for OAPs: "Bud", "Boo", and "Boo-Boo", etc.

You know she's not nearly familiar or close enough to these people to call them that, and even if she were, she shouldn't be doing it on-air because it sounds condescending and unprofessional.

Sounds like she wants to cozy up to them for some freebies.

• Like 6

On IG, Shawn spread birthday wishes around her house, writing graffiti on the bathroom mirror and kitchen step ladder with what seems to be lipstick and markers.

Now the poor housekeeper is going to have a hard time eradicating her "pay attention to me" scrawls.

What about a nice neat card?

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Don't forget "sidebar" has been used to death and then there's "hard core"!

Sidebar!  How could I forget sidebar?

She invents currency denominations. "You can get this home for a nine-dollar bill."

And there's her new one, "I am the storm," followed by a fist in the air and a hysterical cackle.

• Laugh 8

I don't know too many people (including kids) that scribble all over their walls, mirrors and furniture!  She purposely decorated the bathroom so she can write on the bathroom mirror! Bizarre!!  But she calls herself an artist.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

On IG, Shawn spread birthday wishes around her house, writing graffiti on the bathroom mirror and kitchen step ladder with what seems to be lipstick and markers.

Now the poor housekeeper is going to have a hard time eradicating her "pay attention to me" scrawls.

What about a nice neat card?

That's our Shawnie Sue; always thinking of others.  As in, how she thinks others can serve her, clean up after her, be mocked by her, and admire her for her "quirkiness."

• Like 3
  • Sad 5