Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Ack!  I clicked over just to check her out too.  Same ol’ beanie, huge glasses down her nose, and pjs.  Not sure how they fit as she was sitting down.

I feel bad for Courtney — I’d need that glass of wine if I were her, too!

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

33861FBE-1229-4909-B77F-7275016ED9A6.jpeg.b5a19578dacfb16f971cf09dc442d8b5.jpeg

Is this a comparison or what?

Underling on the left (looking like she’s on her throne again, like last year)  and I don’t know exactly what that is on the right.

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

I can only imagine how greasy her hair is under that beanie. 😬😱

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 4

She was popping open a bottle of wine at the start of the show. Surprised she didn't start chugging it right out of the bottle!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Sad 9

i like everything about Shawn when she is on....i dont care if it is her physical quirks, the nose touching, the open mouth, the posing or whatever.

she wears what she wants, i dont care, i like her iin her 'hooker heels', as opposed to some sort of 'sensible shoes' detractors seems to favor.......sometimes her hair is goofy, sometimes her clothes dont fit or are not flattering, whatever...

she can sound crude, rude, and has rough edges, but tell ya what, i sit down and drink a few with her anytime anywhere....it's who she is...and whether anyone likes it or not....when folks think of qvc, she is usually the first face that comes to mind....and qvc knows it.....she has a legion of fans, and i am one of them.....

• Like 1

David Venable is the "Face of Q", whatever that may mean.

She is, however, undeniably the pervasive stench.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

David Venable is the "Face of Q", whatever that may mean.

She is, however, undeniably the pervasive stench.

oh, i like him too, but since the majority of qvc is fashion oriented, her face is the first folks think of......her 'stench' has her on two or three times a week, prime time as well as q2....id say qvc likes that kind of fragrance.

That white tree at the OAPs house is beautiful. 

Skunky please don't call a person "baby".  Here's an idea, call them by their name.

Edited by PearlClutcher
  • Like 11
  • Sad 3

The trees are pretty. Would be prettier without her standing there in that ugly outfit.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Christmas July 1 trees 7-10-21.jpg

• Like 8

She took the opportunity to lie down while describing how her favorite thing is to lay around at home with an "adult beverage" and look at one of their four Christmas trees. I notice she's kept a pretty tight grip on her glass of wine all evening.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Christmas July 2 trees 7-10-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 5

10 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

shawn-saves-christmas-dt-002.gif

And this is a takeoff of a real photo taken of her on her sofa at home. Real class.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Ugh. Grandma's coffee cake. She just rolled it in a ball and then ate it. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 7

Just turned on and immediately turned off when I saw she was about to present the coffee cakes as I know she is going to roll little pieces into a non-appetizing ball. 

What in the hell is up with that ugly knit hat on her head. Her hair must look dirty even to her tonight.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

She's thrilled that she gets to eat the My Grandma's coffee cake on air this year.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Christmas July 3 coffee cake 7-10-21.jpg

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

12 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

She took the opportunity to lie down while describing how her favorite thing is to lay around at home with an "adult beverage" and look at one of their four Christmas trees. I notice she's kept a pretty tight grip on her glass of wine all evening.

I noticed that too while flipping between this crap show and something else.  She's slurring more "sch" words. 

• Sad 5

I like almost nothing about Skunky. I don’t like her physical quirks, gross touching of her nose, opening mouth in inappropriate and suggestive ways that reflect her fascination with exploitative antics. 

With what she offers of her self-described and overly marketed, inorganic quirkiness, she also damages the Q, as a product. Her quest to outshine (and out-gross) the products and anyone or anything else in her path is not an asset. She does know how to act like an ass though.

There is little need for crude and ribald antics on a e-shopping channel. The point is, in polite society, it’s great to have some standards and some boundaries, in order for everyone to have a seat at the proverbial table. She may be an outlier, but maybe she’ll go and “lie” somewhere else. If she’s prominent in the Q-world existence, it is not viewed as a positive by everybody familiar with Shawn, as a product. She is prominent for her bad qualities as much, if not more than, for any personal pluses she can offer. 

There is a strong army of people who want to watch QVC to see what’s for sale, through host-led presentation, in a clear, unadulterated manner. You can have style and be glib and maintain a level of quality at the same time.

Maybe a pivot would broaden her appeal.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Two grown women behaving like unsupervised children is not a good way to sell products, especially with the ever-present booze.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

I like almost nothing about Skunky. I don’t like her physical quirks, gross touching of her nose, opening mouth in inappropriate and suggestive ways that reflect her fascination with exploitative antics. 

With what she offers of her self-described and overly marketed, inorganic quirkiness, she also damages the Q, as a product. Her quest to outshine (and out-gross) the products and anyone or anything else in her path is not an asset. She does know how to act like an ass though.

There is little need for crude and ribald antics on a e-shopping channel. The point is, in polite society, it’s great to have some standards and some boundaries, in order for everyone to have a seat at the proverbial table. She may be an outlier, but maybe she’ll go and “lie” somewhere else. If she’s prominent in the Q-world existence, it is not viewed as a positive by everybody familiar with Shawn, as a product. She is prominent for her bad qualities as much, if not more than, for any personal pluses she can offer. 

There is a strong army of people who want to watch QVC to see what’s for sale, through host-led presentation, in a clear, unadulterated manner. You can have style and be glib and maintain a level of quality at the same time.

Maybe a pivot would broaden her appeal.

And yet, she is a qvc star, love her or not, and qvc management must, her current incarnation worx.....I watch her when she is on....millions do....she has what qvc and her fans want, obviously,  these pages notwithstanding. 

• Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Two grown women behaving like unsupervised children is not a good way to sell products, especially with the ever-present booze.  

Would you buy a $500 tree from that clown? 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

35 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

shawn-saves-christmas-dt-002.gif

Christmas is screwed. 🎄

• Laugh 6

They did a promo for her beauty-oiver-40 streaming show. She looks awful, but maybe that's the point? Pile on a lot of makeup you buy from QVC to look younger?

misc pics Shawn Killinger Christmas July 4 promo beauty over 40.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

"I have to get up and tinkle all night long."

Most heavy drinkers do.

She's patting the box of wine with glee.

Edited by rocketinu
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

30 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Wasn't there the same picture last year that had flies buzzing around?

This didn't originally include flies, but thanks for the idea!

1480787362_fleahuntwithanishawn.gif.e406f55de1ef3fb6de73c6aea666baee.gif

• Laugh 15

Big smile for the wine advent calendar. "For those of us 21 and over." Why, thank you for that useful information, Shawn. We never would have guessed you had to be 21 to buy alcohol. 🙄

misc pics Shawn Killinger CHristmas July 5 wine calender 7-10-21.jpg

• Laugh 7

11 minutes ago, teeceemadison said:

And yet, she is a qvc star, love her or not, and qvc management must, her current incarnation worx.....I watch her when she is on....millions do....she has what qvc and her fans want, obviously,  these pages notwithstanding. 

If the Food Network's most popular shows can't pull more than 1.5 million on a good week and the best regular ratings for the three major news networks lately has been a bit over 2 million for a particular program, there's no way there are millions of people watching QVC at any given time. 

• Like 16

She said the wine advent calendar would be good for Bible study.  Hmmmmm

Wow she is slugging that wine.down

Lots of tinkle trips tonight.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

Don't get sloshed and drive home.  It wouldn't look good getting in an accident because you're intoxicated.  Notice how she's slurping it and admitting  "I've been drinking this all night".  Irresponsible drinking is not cute or even quirky.  

• Like 7
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Is it me or is there something not right about the "12 Wines Advent Calendar"?  

20210710_224402.thumb.jpg.ea3e7f06a3195fc897adf860abba9408.jpg

She kept walking away? 

20210710_224723.thumb.jpg.914d130c77fb1c34454d6172264a22c8.jpg

She just said she's going to Disney in October! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Don't get sloshed and drive home.  It wouldn't look good getting in an accident because you're intoxicated.  Notice how she's slurping it and admitting  "I've been drinking this all night".  Irresponsible drinking is not cute or even quirky.  

Would look really bad for QVC if she caused an auto accident that killed or paralyzed someone. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Looks the Vintage Wine Estates presentation morphed into a situation in which the VWE guy was doing all of the tasting, Courtney continued not to sample at all, and Shawn was cut off (after she walked off-camera she eventually came back and hasn't held a wine glass since).

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 7

WTF with her walking off set in the middle of a presentation? 

Just when you think it can't get any worse...

Edited by emmawoodhouse · Reason: Autocorrect strikes again!
  • Like 8
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

The data has never been shown that Skunky is the heavy hitter that many purport her to be. 

Maybe. Maybe not. No real numbers on her sales to which the customers, or simply the casual viewers, are privy. Just that host’s unbridled, dominating, attention-getting presence that garners lots of attention. All this attention at a company that struggles in many areas such as, sales, shipping, customer service, future audience projection  and their bottom line.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

The 12 Days of Christmas is celebrated from Christmas Day to January 6, which is 12th Night.  It is celebrated in many places in the world.  It has nothing to do with Advent, which is the four weeks proceeding Christmas, and is the time of waiting for Christ's birth.  Advent is also an extremely important time in the Church year.  Selling wine has nothing to do with either 12th Night or Advent--or any other church function. I doubt they are selling this as Communion wine. There is no such thing as a real "12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar."  So yes, there is something wrong with this.

• Like 9
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 1

The show is already pretty juvenile.  You can sell children's items without acting like a toddler.  

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, letusprocrastinate said:

If the Food Network's most popular shows can't pull more than 1.5 million on a good week and the best regular ratings for the three major news networks lately has been a bit over 2 million for a particular program, there's no way there are millions of people watching QVC at any given time. 

fine, whatever amount of people that watch qvc in a regular basis, must be watching shows with shawn, or she wouldnt still be on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

The 12 Days of Christmas is celebrated from Christmas Day to January 6, which is 12th Night.  It is celebrated in many places in the world.  It has nothing to do with Advent, which is the four weeks proceeding Christmas, and is the time of waiting for Christ's birth.  Advent is also an extremely important time in the Church year.  Selling wine has nothing to do with either 12th Night or Advent--or any other church function. I doubt they are selling this as Communion wine. There is no such thing as a real "12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar."  So yes, there is something wrong with this.

Thank you for this.  Seems the Q is desperate to push the adult beverages and doesn't bother to check for accuracy.  It's pretty sad.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

She's turning her back and trying to sneak/stuff a bottle of wine in that plushie Fannie pack.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 7

Children's costume robe. I remember this from last year. Courtney is the princess, Sharon is the cat, and Shawn is the dinosaur. Cute gift, but it looks silly on adults. Couldn't they have used a child model? Or a video showing children in the robes?

misc pics Shawn Killinger Christmas July 6 kids robe 7-10-21.jpg

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Thank you for this.  Seems the Q is desperate to push the adult beverages and doesn't bother to check for accuracy.  It's pretty sad.

When they first showed that box o' wines they did call it the 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar; they've since adjusted the name even though it's still not accurate.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 3
  • Useful 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Skunks also took the opportunity to lie down while presenting candles to be placed in windows.

Lazy, filthy, gross, pathetic slob. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1