Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

There's a part of me that can see Shawn leaving on her own.  She doesn't seem happy, she's definitely phoning it in and she thinks she is destined for so much more.  Worse, she's pigeon-holed herself into an area she has no real expertise in - fashion and beauty. And then she unknowingly becomes the joke.  If they put her into any other timeslot where she has to sell something besides these two things, she purposefully makes a joke of it.

If she chooses to stay, I can see her time there becoming a very slippery slope.  And I definitely can see them not renewing her.

• Like 12

Perhaps it’s time for her to make good on her desire to become .  .  .

B0EF4F47-D642-4CDE-AB10-A40EC3F404BA.jpeg.f48c00114b1e88e707a302e91e2f9b48.jpeg

.  .  .  the white Oprah, as she calls it.

• Laugh 16
  • Surprise 1

Sometimes I think radio might be her calling. Maybe she could get tips from Carolyn. She wouldn’t have to worry about wardrobe, hair, and makeup. I could see her doing one of those shows where people call in or email for advice about relationships or faith, and she’d give what she feels is a clever response and play a song from the 80s.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

She could do a podcast like everyone else all from the comfort of her own home and lure in some Q products for paid advertisers. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

FB Gems:

Shawn has been out of sync for a while now she just does not present good . Maybe too much wine.

She has a elderly mother. It’s exhausting being a caretaker.

Well, that was rude. And they've said over and over that it is fruit juice they drink.

Boy those glasses are huge

It’s 25 minutes into the presentation and they’ve only done a tour of the bag ONCE!! Could you please show the inside of the bag AGAIN!! Show the interior with a lighter color. It’s so frustrating when all you do is focus on the outside of the bag and not the inside. I’m going to bed and not buying. Please try and do a better job at showing the inside of the bag and what will fit in it.

Terrible presentation how can you show the bag for over 30 minutes without showing the inside colors!!!

Why are you not showing the inside of the bag???

Yes..I wish they would show the inside

Shawn usually shows the inside...not sure why she didn't

What happened to your hair sorry but it looks like you just woke up

I know the look she is going for.. piecey and beachy... but it looks really dry...the stylists are still not in the studio and it’s very hard to do your own hair...she is beautiful either way

Oh no! The hair is making its way over the left eye. Goodbye & goodnight!

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Why does Shawn put her lipstick so far outside her lip line?

So she can look like a clown

Shawn’s hair image.png.2b2e2b2eaf7032d6688d9e2a32449cd6.png

Wish she would stop cutting her hair! Ugh

The hair image.png.dfc2c7ee434df2eac1dda5550e85ae6a.png

What happened to her hair?????

• Laugh 12
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, PearlClutcher said:

4d320b2b837af1bb22be69c9ea3a80c5--front-teeth-baby-beaver.jpg

She looks awful

• Laugh 2

Ever find yourself thinking of your favorite hosts as they prepare for their shows?

My mind imagines the basics...Shower, shave, groom, style. Eat a sensible meal, maybe do some exercise after tending to other personal and professional responsibilities of the day and of course, perform a rugged and in -depth prep for the products and OAPs that will be featured?

Yeah, I know. It doesn’t translate for Shawn Killer.

Oops, forgot the ‘ing’ in ‘Killer.

• Laugh 5

On 6/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Coffeecup said:

Looking a bit old and haggard here, right? It was after midnight, and her makeup and hair were starting to melt.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty wild hair 11 looks old 6-04-21.jpg

She looks like an old ugly has been.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

4 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Is this a scheduled vacation?

Wasn't she just off for a week? Or is she coming in later to work later?

• Like 2

I feel like I need to order something tonight to show my appreciation for a non-Shawn Fashion's Night In (haven't ordered from the Q since November 2020).

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Shaking My Head said:

Amy said she and Court are on vacation this week.

Good. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

They just ran the Tuesday promo that included Leah and Killit. I don't believe this is a scheduled vacation. She wouldn't have pulled that stunt last week if she was going to be off this week.

Where is everybody?

• Like 1

Her IG post from less than an hour ago:

"Couldn’t be w u tonight on ‘Fashions Night In’ bc Joe & I had a “thing”, at a “place”, to celebrate a bunch of special small business owners. But proof the Q is never far from my heart, even if I’m far from the Q: we served @isaacmizrahiny @imisaacmizrahi wine from @qvc ‼️❤️🍷🎉🤝🍇#winetime #partypeople #cheers #dreamcometrue #hardworkpaysoffs #faithoverfear #yesyoucan"

• Like 1
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

Posted on IG 49 min ago:

shawnkillingerqvc

Couldn’t be w u tonight on ‘Fashions Night In’ bc Joe & I had a “thing”, at a “place”, to celebrate a bunch of special small business owners. But proof the Q is never far from my heart, even if I’m far from the Q: we served @isaacmizrahiny @imisaacmizrahi wine from @qvc ‼️❤️🍷🎉🤝🍇#winetime #partypeople #cheers #dreamcometrue #hardworkpaysoffs #faithoverfear #yesyoucan

Off 5 days (some scheduled days off-Sun. and Weds.) for a "cold". 🤥 

Works a Thurs. and Fri.

Off Sat. and Sun. AGAIN.

Now off tonight. I don't understand if she had to have off tonight why wasn't she required to cover someone's shift Sat. or Sun.?

What's with the hashtag "hardworkpaysoff"?  She doesn't know what hard work is, hell she doesn't know what work is period.

I bet her co-hosts hate her as much as we do! 

• Like 7

Probably a grand opening event at their "beauty parlor" business. Bosses from hell they are. Love to see what she wore and if she washed her hair.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Probably a grand opening event at their "beauty parlor" business. Bosses from hell they are. Love to see what she wore and if she washed her hair.

Yes, I think that's what the occasion is. The "small business owners" she's celebrating are probably the hair stylists and others who rent space at the KIllinger-Carretta "My Salon Suite" facility in Hamilton Township, New Jersey. (See Joe Carretta's LinkedIn page.)   It's their hard work she's talking about, not hers.

Remember that old joke we used to hear all the time in the workplace?  The boss would walk in and ask, "Working hard, or hardly working?" followed by a hearty laugh. I think we know which one Shawn is doing.

• Like 7

It was a wonderful evening without her!

Me?  I'm hoping that she is afforded the time this week to contemplate a career move, since their "hard work paid off".  Wouldn't that be lovely?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Why did they have to have a thing at a place on one of her worknights?  Wouldn't planning it for a Wednesday or Thursday work?  I'm sure Isaac was proud she/they served his wine.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

Why did they have to have a thing at a place on one of her worknights?  Wouldn't planning it for a Wednesday or Thursday work?  I'm sure Isaac was proud she/they served his wine.

Who is "they?"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

All of the salons I've ever used are closed on Monday, so Monday is probably the only day you have a shot at getting people to attend.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Wonder if that's free IM wine she got her hands on? 

• Like 6

Off again ! She works the system like no other. Please keep it up.

image.png.83287ea26205c2a06a486e4c64abe295.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Wonder if that's free IM wine she got her hands on? 

If not, it’s part of her employee discount...🤔

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Her IG post from less than an hour ago:

"Couldn’t be w u tonight on ‘Fashions Night In’ bc Joe & I had a “thing”, at a “place”, to celebrate a bunch of special small business owners. But proof the Q is never far from my heart, even if I’m far from the Q: we served @isaacmizrahiny @imisaacmizrahi wine from @qvc ‼️❤️🍷🎉🤝🍇#winetime #partypeople #cheers #dreamcometrue #hardworkpaysoffs #faithoverfear #yesyoucan"

She's such a moron! She's using that wine cause she gets it at a discount. What's with I had a "thing" at a "place" #hardworkpaysoff! She's never done a day of hard work. Trying to show off again imo. Can you imagine all those hair stylists getting a look at that mess! oy vey😱🤡 

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

Well she hates flowers so no cost there (who hates flowers?) Wine was at a deep discount and probably went well with the cheese from a can on crackers.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10

11 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

I'm sure Isaac was proud she/they served his wine.

I am guessing he donated it to her to stop her begging him to.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

All of the salons I've ever used are closed on Monday, so Monday is probably the only day you have a shot at getting people to attend.

Interesting, I’ve never gone to a salon closed on a Monday. I know barbers frequently are. Maybe it’s a regional thing. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Interesting, I’ve never gone to a salon closed on a Monday. I know barbers frequently are. Maybe it’s a regional thing. 

I don't know if it's regional, but I always just thought that it was a way for the salon employees and owner to have a two day weekend, since they are closed on Sunday, too.  

I've gone to maybe three or four different salons in the past  30 years, and all were closed on Mondays.  I have a friend who owns a salon up near the PA border....she's also closed on Sunday and Monday....I'll ask her what the reason is!  Just for kicks, I checked several other salons in my area...all are closed Sunday and Monday.  I checked a couple I know about in Pennsylvania and they're open on Mondays AND Sunday!  It is weird, maybe it is just a Maryland thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

44 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't know if it's regional, but I always just thought that it was a way for the salon employees and owner to have a two day weekend, since they are closed on Sunday, too.  

I've gone to maybe three or four different salons in the past  30 years, and all were closed on Mondays.  I have a friend who owns a salon up near the PA border....she's also closed on Sunday and Monday....I'll ask her what the reason is!  Just for kicks, I checked several other salons in my area...all are closed Sunday and Monday.  I checked a couple I know about in Pennsylvania and they're open on Mondays AND Sunday!  It is weird, maybe it is just a Maryland thing!

My grandfather was a barber in Massachusetts during the Great Depression until his death in 1965.  Somewhere along the line, barbers unionized, and it was part of their contract that Mondays were off for them.  I actually remember seeing it written on the back of his union card when I had to clean out my grandmother's house.

We also had Blue Laws back then, so on Sundays everything was always closed.  That gave them two days off.  Most beauty salons were the same.  MA did away with Blue Laws eons ago and along came franchises like Supercuts, etc. , and soon most places were open all the time.  Some here in MA do however cling to the old ways. Maybe it's the same in NJ?PA?  I think it's nice for people to have two days off when possible.  Life is too hectic now. 

I don't know if that explains anything, but it was nice remembering.

Edited by imisspuddy · Reason: because eons are a long time, ions are not!
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, imisspuddy said:

My grandfather was a barber in Massachusetts during the Great Depression until his death in 1965.  Somewhere along the line, barbers unionized, and it was part of their contract that Mondays were off for them.  I actually remember seeing it written on the back of his union card when I had to clean out my grandmother's house.

We also had Blue Laws back then, so on Sundays everything was always closed.  That gave them two days off.  Most beauty salons were the same.  MA did away with Blue Laws ions ago and along came franchises like Supercuts, etc. , and soon most places were open all the time.  Some here in MA do however cling to the old ways.  I think it's nice for people to have two days off when possible.  Life is too hectic now. 

I don't know if that explains anything, but it was nice remembering.

Maryland has a long history of blue laws, as well.  For a minute there, I thought that was the reason, even though blue laws here were done away with in the late 80's.

I think it's nice for the salons to get two days off, too!  Although these days, I think a lot of these stylists really pick and choose when they want to work, since many of them are independent contractors.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 8:23 AM, Neiman said:

It’s almost like someone at QVC is setting her up. I can imagine them telling her they’ve tried everything/everyone, but it’s not working. I imagine the same one encouraging Ant to go blonde is encouraging Shawn’s “quirky” hairstyles. 

Definitely, Shawn doesn't fit in with anyone on QVC. She use to be on with Isaac Mizrahi quite a lot but I noticed they aren't together anymore. And speak of Antonella who I think is a very nice person but whoever told her to go blonde needed their head examined. She looked so much nicer with her dark hair....

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

in NJ some are closed Monday, there is a place near me open on sunday ,

Blue laws still rules in one area of NJ

No Blue Laws in my NJ town either. I kinda liked them. I was young when they got rid of them. It forced you to live in the present, not to go to the mall, I think you could still go to the grocery story. It was nice, families would all eat together on Sunday. It was a day to slow down and get ready for the week.

• Like 4

My father was also a barber!

I always assumed Mondays were off because barbers worked Saturdays,  their busiest day.  My parents did their major shopping and banking on Mondays.

Sometimes they would go to the racetrack on Mondays and there were "BBB" special entrance fees for Barbers, Beauticians and Bartenders who worked on Saturdays. 

Thanks for the memories!

• Like 3

I've never known a salon that was open on Monday, and I lived on the west coast.  It is just sort of a universal rule and common knowledge in my area.

• Like 1

My salon here in MN is open on Mondays, but it is a local chain with lots of staff. My hair stylist has been there so long that she now takes Friday and Saturday off and the place is closed on Sunday.

Have mentioned this before, but when living in CA back in the 1980’s, the stylists smoked in the salon!  I could never figure that out.  lol

• Like 2

My salon is open M-Sa. It's not a chain but there are lots of stylists. 

I wonder if the phone booth stylists can be open whenever they want or if it is inside a building that has only certain hours. I'm not curious enough to look it up though.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

My salon is open M-Sa. It's not a chain but there are lots of stylists. 

I wonder if the phone booth stylists can be open whenever they want or if it is inside a building that has only certain hours. I'm not curious enough to look it up though.

Funny you should ask!  The hair stylist I had 7 or 8 years ago left the salon I go to so she could go off on her own.  She had two small kids and her husband was always traveling, so she opened up a salon in her basement.  I liked her well enough, but it was 30 or 40 minutes from my house, which just isn't great for a haircut that takes all of 30 minutes.  I recently got an email from her saying that she had opened a place at My Salon Suites that was about 10 minutes from her house.  Still too far for me, but I asked her how she liked it.  She said the building is open 24 hours and I guess they have key codes to  access to the building.  She works Tuesday thru Saturday, but only works Friday nights from 4-9 and every other Saturday from 10-3.  She said she liked this, as she can set her own hours.  She also liked that she could accommodate one person at a time, so that she could focus on each client in privacy, and especially during covid, that really helped keep her and her clients safe. 

I took a look at the website - their are 33 businesses in this one!  All hair stylists, a couple of nail places.  I swear, though, it looks like the one Shawn and her husband own - every suite is gray, beige and and black.    There must definitely be a "package" of whatever s currently "in style". 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

15 hours ago, hummingbird said:

re all the vacations

next month is CIJ, so it's all hands to wheel, they probably have to take time owed before July

They don't do that for CIJ, and I don't get why they do it (If they do) for the holiday season. It isn't like there are more hours in a day during those months.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Just now, hummingbird said:

one of those salon suites is opening in my area, I think it's a great idea actually,  if want to work around family/kids and be open when your clients need you

this one is not convenient for me but I could  the concept taking off 

There was an article in the NYT, shortly after the pandemic started, where they were interviewing top stylists in NYC about how the pandemic was going to affect their business.  More than a few had said that prior to the pandemic they were transitioning their salons to be more "one on one" with clients, with areas set up in the salons I think they called "pods".  It gave clients the feeling of exclusivity and a more personal, more relaxing experience. 

My friend who has a My Salon Suite said that there are a lot of stylists going this route - quite a few where she is came from Hair Cuttery, which filed for bankruptcy and was bought by someone in a fire sale.  The owner of Hair Cuttery also owned a company called Salon Plaza, which I see is also under the umbrella of the company that owns My Salon Suites.  This  suite concept at Salon Plaza started around 2009 or 2010, so I guess in the Hair Cuttery bankruptcy, they decided to join forces with another company that does the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

59 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Definitely not in QVC clothing, is she?

Nope, but she still has wretched hair and those glasses. Perfect look for a salon opening. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

The woman's bread and butter, both at the Q and her and hubby's Salon Suites, is based on beauty.

She has access to products, people, and gadgets galore.

With so many resources, how can she look like this?

Subpar products, people, and gadgets?

I thought she owned that several hundred dollar blowdryer.

• Like 11

Looks like she's wearing an old dress tonight. What happened to the dozens of outfits she said she's bought from QVC? Old picture is the one with with gladiator sandals.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 1 Mally 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 3 Mally 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress one-shoulder dress with gold gladiator sandals.jpeg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 3

Here she's scratching herself. Skipped the shower?

She just said she'll have a new social host [sidekick] on Dare to Share this Friday., It will be Vanessa Herring.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah one sided dress 4 new hos t Vanessa Herring 6-08-21.jpg

misc pics QVC Vanessa Herring new host 6-08-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

0F5B1A4A-C55D-4186-AABB-7590FF9F0C4A.jpeg.833fe0130c696cd0ad1546e6c1097578.jpegRemember Heroin Chic?

It was popular back in the late ‘90s, I think.

We could use a term to describe the greasy, unkempt, Skunky look.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1