Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

I hope I get to see her get canned.

Part of me feels bad about saying this, but just a tiny part.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I only watched a little bit last night, but noticed several times when she was on split screen and not talking, she just had this CHEESY fake grin on her face with that hank of hair in her eyes. She just seems incapable of having a normal pleasant expression on her face when someone else is talking.

And that floppy hair ! So many things she could do. Put a discrete bobby pin or barrette in it. Let that section grow out so it will stay put. Or trim it so it's not in her eyes. Or change her part a little to put that section to the other side. Maybe it will stay put there. 

She won't do it she knows it's irritating, and she doesn't care.

• Like 5

She had been with Jamie Fox before so she probably feels slighted and needs to put him down.  I am sure she thought she was Katy Perry's BFF at some point and where did that get her.  The "stars" really don't give a flying F about you.  They want to make $--you are just a conduit to get their money-making products on the Q.

The hair is inexcusable; Maria, Chaz, Nick, Denis tell the Q people you don't want to present with her anymore.  She is not a good representation of ANY hair product unless you want your hair to look like straw.

Courtney and Leah--please stop laughing/smiling/smirking/commenting on her inappropriate behavior.  She is dragging both of you down to her depths--you don't want to be there.

• Like 12

Neigh, woof, Shawn. The animals with hair in their faces look better than you.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah yellow shirt hair in face 6 collage 1 horse 5-04-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah yellow shirt 7 collage 2 dog 5-04-21.jpg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

38 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Neigh, woof, Shawn. The animals with hair in their faces look better than you.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah yellow shirt hair in face 6 collage 1 horse 5-04-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah yellow shirt 7 collage 2 dog 5-04-21.jpg

She looks like cousin it

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

32 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

She looks like cousin it

Can Cousin It please be her new nickname? 

• Laugh 8

BA482B31-D9CF-479D-99A6-6E591CDE9B31.gif.874b2121190a0d603cf2cf98499741b5.gif
there is news (news?) on NBA, TNT, FOX etc. that Shaq was caught doing the Shawn. 
I can’t figure out how to get the video 😜

• Laugh 3

19 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

BA482B31-D9CF-479D-99A6-6E591CDE9B31.gif.874b2121190a0d603cf2cf98499741b5.gif
there is news (news?) on NBA, TNT, FOX etc. that Shaq was caught doing the Shawn. 
I can’t figure out how to get the video 😜

Doing the Shawn?  I mean, the possibilities are endless here!

What particular "Shawn" was he doing?

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Laugh 3

Why does she keep wearing shlumpy tshirts?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LeeDenny said:

Because "in these crazy times" she's "all about comfort," which doesn't explain why she keeps wearing high heel hooker shoes.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

I’ve been thinking....

Some times I think this troublemaker is a villain in host’s clothing. She’s so stubborn and deliberately difficult that I’ve given her a name fit for her suggestive and outrageous behavior.

49D62485-C10B-44AE-BF6E-17774EDCFACA.jpeg.480fcf198a5d2960c8ed0e53d2735f01.jpeg

She’s from under a rock on the Island of Recalcitrance, hatched on a moonless night but on the wrong side of the tracks.

No special powers, save her ability to stay one step ahead of her superiors and annoy everyone in her path.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 6

52 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

Cause she got FAT, and she's a shlump!😉

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Yup @Elle820, in 25 words or less, you answered that question.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Can anyone explain to me what QVC sees in Shawn? She's rude, clownish and over the top. I just don't get it......

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, dextr1276 said:

Can anyone explain to me what QVC sees in Shawn? She's rude, clownish and over the top. I just don't get it......

It's a mystery, isn't it? Some possible reasons:

1. Her sales are so high that QVC puts up with her inappropriate behavior.

2. She has a "special" (wink, wink) relationship with somebody high up in the corporate structure, and that person is protecting her.

3. She has some serious dirt on a corporate person and threatens to spill the tea if she's forced to behave herself.

4. QVC just doesn't give a shit how gross she acts.

• Like 14

Another thought...what age group is she appealing to? I bet the average age of women, and I'm sure it's mostly women, that are QVC customers is between 40 and up. I can't see an under 30 or mid-30 year old watching QVC. It appeals to someone with disposable income, because let's be honest, do we really need what they sell? But yet we do continue to buy their wares which is fine but I can't imagine a younger person just starting out in life spending this kind of dough. Shawn is completely the total opposite of what QVC wants to be and should be. I don't get her, her dumb glasses, her dumb clothes, dumb earrings and the constant clump of hair that is always in her face.....

Edited by dextr1276
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

2. She has a "special" (wink, wink) relationship with somebody high up in the corporate structure, and that person is protecting her.

3. She has some serious dirt on a corporate person and threatens to spill the tea if she's forced to behave herself.

I vote for all of the above! And, I also don't get it. We KNOW that corporate has received numerous complaints (many from some of us here), and we have seen some of the negative posts on her FB, thanks to some here who have seen and shared them, so I think it HAS to be one or more of those reasons that she feels (and apparently is) untouchable.

• Like 7

I’m sticking with she has a sexual harassment claim against someone. Although you’d think they could counter with a claim by Rick. 

Edited by LeeDenny · Reason: Clarity
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

6 hours ago, dextr1276 said:

I'd say clownish fits her best.

fullsizeoutput_c61.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

None of the above.

She gives off British vibes while being White Oprah.

• Laugh 9

7 hours ago, hummingbird said:

think so?  I would think the Q would bring out lawyers PDQ and ditch anything questionable

I think it comes down to she moves product, like DV moves product and who cares if he gets bigger and bigger :-( 

I meant she has a claim against someone. Q doesn’t want any MeToo claims against it. 

• Useful 5

On 5/6/2021 at 6:10 AM, hummingbird said:

in kids it is "oppositional behavior"

I was thinking the same thing.  My thoughts are she was a spoiled brat who Daddy let get away with everything and anything and gave her a lot of bucksh to spend (which apparently she received from him as a grown-up).  

As for her selling as much as David, he is prepared and clean which puts him miles ahead of White Oprah, Skunky, Cousin It or whatever you want to call her.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

I was thinking the same thing.  My thoughts are she was a spoiled brat who Daddy let get away with everything and anything and gave her a lot of bucksh to spend (which apparently she received from him as a grown-up).  

As for her selling as much as David, he is prepared and clean which puts him miles ahead of White Oprah, Skunky, Cousin It or whatever you want to call her.

She’s rarely on her own anymore so I don’t know how q could measure her sales. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

33 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

She’s rarely on her own anymore so I don’t know how q could measure her sales. 

That brings up an interesting question. When a show has two hosts, who gets credit for the sales? Does QVC look at it as 50-50, or do they weight the sales toward the senior host? For example, when Shawn and Courtney host together, does Shawn get more credit? Do the sidekicks on Dare to Share get any credit? Does Leah get more credit than Shawn?

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

I've wondered this for awhile.  I'm thinking there's really no way to measure Shawn's sales, or anyone else's for that matter, when they're paired with others.  I'm thinking this may be by design.  Perhaps they changed the pay structure in some way.  As a commissioned sales person, you have to have a way to measure your sales.  And the fact that it's not particularly their newer reps always paired, but those that have been there for awhile (except for maybe Courtney K), it looks a bit targeted.

To be honest, I'm not sure how they could have ever measured sales in the first place.  If I see a product I want to get, but wait until that host isn't on and then buy from the web - which hosts are always pushing people to do, except they say buy on the ap - who's credited for the sale?

• Like 6

I am guessing it has something to do with the calls/orders they get during the actual program hours. There is no other way they can attribute any sales to any host. I don't know if they can measure it down to which host presented which product and how many of those were sold during the presentation. I know that I often will wait to decide if I NEED something and will never buy anything when Shawn presents it, so their metrics can't really be very accurate. Maybe they just go with the sales during the show. I am sure that David is their number 1 top seller, since they always include presentations of the TSV in his kitchen shows - at least twice - even when they have nothing to do with kitchens or cooking. And I am sure they also know how annoying it is to people who just want to watch kitchen stuff, but they will never change that and have determined that the risk of us tuning out and not coming back for the rest of the show is worth it for the number of sales they get.

• Like 5

Skunky's live fb stream gets very little traffic.  She gets a few comments and sometimes a bunch of likes but nothing major.

• Like 4
  • Useful 6

I don’t have a high social media IQ, but it seems like her live streams used to have better traffic. Again, not completely understanding the process, I wondered if such a majority of the comments were tilting to the negative column, did they filter out those undesirable comments?

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

42 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

I don’t have a high social media IQ, but it seems like her live streams used to have better traffic. Again, not completely understanding the process, I wondered if such a majority of the comments were tilting to the negative column, did they filter out those undesirable comments?

No, I don't think that's it...there are, from time to time, quite a few negative comments there.  At least before someone gets to them and deletes them!  But even before they delete them, there are minimal comments. 

I'm not sure that I have a high social media IQ either!  I just think it's a combination of things.  Facebook is not as widely used as it used to be, for one.  A few years ago, people were all over her FB page.  It's just not the case now.  I don't know if that's because of her or because a lot of her demographic isn't on there anymore.  Probably a combo of the two.  David Venable still has a TON of comments on his FB page while his show is going on, but the community of people (I refuse to call them his Foodies!) that flock to him are laser focused on cooking.  Or they just like him.  Let's face it, he's sometimes annoying.....but he isn't exactly repulsive or offensive, like Shawn is!  The dude has manners and generally treats people nicely and with respect.  She doesn't.

I've really never been a fan of hers......she used to be so self deprecating and it was painful to watch.  It was phony, I thought.  She spoke in the hushed tones when she sold jewelry, with those fifty million bracelets on her arm.....she constantly talked about her college friend with kidney cancer, her toe cancer, her alopecia.....she did all that stuff back then, too.  She was still a whackadoo back then and dressed like a reject from the '80's.   What she wasn't back then is mean and full of herself.  People get turned off by that, particularly if they saw you back then and you were a sort of charming person, with a few quirks, but now you're just this nasty, snobby, name dropping, unprepared person who is uncomfortable to watch.  People like that don't get comments on their FB page.  People stop watching.   

Anyhow, long post....but that's my take on it.  And her.

• Like 19

Just now, From Where I Sit said:

That ^ , @lovemesomejoolery, was a great take on the situation!

Ditto. Skunk now has that lethal combination of mean personality and filthy appearance. If it was just one, you could kind of tolerate and watch for a while if you were interested in the products. But with both, she shows such disrespect for the job, the products, her co-workers and the audience, that she drives you away. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Skunky's live fb stream gets very little traffic.  She gets a few comments and sometimes a bunch of likes but nothing major.

I've seen this on Skunks FB pg as well as other FB pages...makes me wonder if FB is the reason the comments on her posts have declined.

Most Relevant is selected, so some comments may have been filtered out.

Just a thought...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miss Priss said:

I've seen this on Skunks FB pg as well as other FB pages...makes me wonder if FB is the reason the comments on her posts have declined.

Most Relevant is selected, so some comments may have been filtered out.

Just a thought...

Could be.  But here's some food for thought:

David Venable's Down Home show, which was last night, had 1100 comments.  His ITKWD show on Wednesday had 1600 comments.

Shawn's show on Monday night, Fashion's Night in has 52 comments.  Her show with Leah on Tuesday night has 54 comments.  The show she did to kick off the Dr. Denese TSV had a whopping 4 comments.   Her Dare to Scare show last Friday had just 42 comments.

That's either a whole bunch of irrelevant comments plus a whole lot of negative, deleted comments OR people just aren't commenting/watching.

Personally, I think it takes work to harvest a decent social media platform.  Venable puts in that work.  Shawn does not - she doesn't even respond to people, like, ever!  David's FB page is about his viewers.  Shawn's - not surprisingly - is all about her. 

That's the difference, in my view.  With no interaction, she's left her followers to die on the vine.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

That’s enlightening. She never responds. There was a time, when on IG, she would respond there. I don’t know if that’s still true.

• Like 2

How many “bucksh” would I have to pay to buy her a new verbal tic?

At this point, “obviously” and “frankly” are actually making me long for the good ol’ days of “literally.” 🤦‍♂️

• Laugh 10

Two minutes into the show, and Candace Cameron Bure is “Candy.” 🙄😖

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 9

Why does this person, Shawn, think it’s okay and necessary and professional to suggest to on air designers what she thinks their next move should be?

It kills me every single time she pulls that. Even if it’s a decent idea, it’s inappropriate to assert yourself like that while they’re selling. Tonight she interrupted Candace Cameron Bure a few times. She had to tell Candace that she should use a fabric to make joggers. Another moment, she had to suggest that Candace go into a home product line. 

All good ideas, I suppose. But tough to process the suggestions in the moment. And it’s distracting. She did the same thing many times, with Lori Goldstein. She has to lay down those thoughts so she can hear herself say them.

• Like 5
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Nooooooooooo

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion icky dress 1 5-07-21.jpg

She called Lori and queen of layers and hinted Lori might not like her wearing the dress over jeans. Lori lied and said of course not.

Shawn does this shit on purpose - her way of dissing people.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 5

Last week she got the date mixed up. I think it was May 3rd in the real world. But she stated it was March 4th. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Now she just went hopping, in an oddly staccato fashion through the Q gift card pitch. And as she rolled to a stop, she said, and Mother’s Day [singing now] is. tomorrow.

“Earth to Shawn!” 

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

She called Lori and queen of layers and hinted Lori might not like her wearing the dress over jeans. Lori lied and said of course not.

Shawn does this shit on purpose - her way of dissing people.

Agree.  Disrespectful. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

She's doing the Carolyn Feet pose.

Rather like two ships passing in the night.

C332F87F-33BA-4135-AD69-D7C95F34E3C5.jpeg.bedba7e952c7c42dc28f0a82a7f31570.jpeg

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Laugh 7

She looks fat in that dress/denim combo.

6 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Now she just went hopping, in an oddly staccato fashion through the Q gift card pitch. And as she rolled to a stop, she said, and Mother’s Day [singing now] is. tomorrow.

I have it on mute so I can't hear but she's all fidgety. Can't seem to control her body.

• Like 8