Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Snapping her fingers and dancing again. Flinging hair. Is she growing her hair out long again?

She claims again tonight she's wearing size 2 in the pants.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Isaac short sleeve 3 4-02-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Isaac short sleeve 4 4-02-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Isaac short sleeve 5 4-02-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Sad 5

Did she start ahead of 10pm or did I read the schedule wrong?

Kind of funky pocket situation or I’m just not a fashion sophisticate. Kind of riding high and small on the garment.
525F258E-5AFE-4AFF-906F-63F79E7ED8C1.jpeg.a396b7c981199319029d9b33473d8c97.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, From Where I Sit said:

It started at 9PM according to the schedule on the site. The schedule on TV isn't always updated.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Kind of funky pocket situation or I’m just not a fashion sophisticate. Kind of riding high and small on the garment.
525F258E-5AFE-4AFF-906F-63F79E7ED8C1.jpeg.a396b7c981199319029d9b33473d8c97.jpeg

Oh yes, I love pockets right under my breastes (sic!) !  Thank you, male designer! 😩

• Laugh 5

Look at the expression on Isaac's face! I can;t remember what he was saying, but it must have been good! 🤣

misc pics Shawn Killinger Isaac short sleeve 6 4-02-21.jpg

• Laugh 7

Dare to Scare up next, with an attachment, “tonight we’re going to say goodbye to a really good friend”

Im sorry. Am I missing something? This is about Elise Ivy again? Last week, Skunky teased about it and addressed it.  And said that next week , would be her last assist on this show. So here we are. An we’re saying goodbye? Elise is just shifting and I don’t recall that she’s been a big part of this show, like since the beginning or consistently every week? Weird.

• Like 6

Shawn getting familiar with skincare creator, Sunday Riley:  "Girl..."

Later...

Rick said something funny and Shawn started laughing like a hyena.

"I can't get enough of Domeier.  I just need him in my life 24/7."

Do tell...

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

Did you all hear that??

It was the sigh of relief - heard 'round the world - from Elise Ivy, who no longer has to share a Friday evening as the  sidekick to Shawn, a host Elise is better than on any given day!

• Like 14

Grrr, I posted a whole bunch of my Skunk comments on the wrong thread, so I had to delete them and move them over here.

Tonight was Elise's last Dare to Share show. Shawn made a big drama gesture of pretending to wipe away a tear and said "We're gonna milk it!" Elise is not in the same studio as Shawn. She said "I'm outside" (in a sleeveless shirt?) or maybe their indoor garden set.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show 1 4-02-21.jpg

She showed the Norvell self-tanner again, the one that looks like a pile of limp poop when you squirt it out of the can. She did a rush job applying it to her arm on air, and you can see big brown splotches.

misc pics Shawn KIllinger beauty Elise last show 2 self tanner 4-02-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show 3 self tanner 4-02-21.jpg

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Scratching again, and we even got a double view. Wash that hair!

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show 4 scratching 4-02-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

She persists in applying mascara on her false eyelashes. That's a completely useless demonstration. We wouldn't be able to see how the mascara works on bare eyelashes if it weren't for the models. Why does Shawn have to try on every damn piece of makeup anyway? The models can do it just fine without her, and they do it better. They don't make exaggerated bug eyes.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show collage 12 bug eyes mascara 4-02-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

So, the time came to say goodbye to Elise. Shawn made a gushy little speech. I didn't hear all of it because the product video cut off. "As we say goodbye tonight, I just wanna say how proud I am of my dear friend Elise Ivy, who is a such a rocketship, skyrocketing star at this network. But she is actually leaving this show because manning the social chat is not…"  [video ended]

As we've all said before. Elise was not exactly starting from scratch when she became the sidekick on Shawn's Dare to Share show. She had already done her own shows. QVC is giving her a new one, and it's damn sure not because she had to do anything to prove herself on Skunk's show. I wouldn't call her a "skyrocketing star," partly because I wouldn't exaggerate like Shawn does, but partly because I don't think QVC is grooming any "stars" at this time. They are cost-cutting and laying hosts off.

Who will the new sidekick be? Is it even worth the money to QVC to pay an extra host sit in the corner monitoring the social media while Shawn struts around being large and in charge? Shawn does plenty of beauty shows alone, and she can do that one too. Dare we dream that Show Program Boss Jennifer will decide to cancel Dare to Share? Remember, she did finally pull the plug on The Find with Shawn Killinger.

Just curious -- wonder why did they put Elise on a separate set for her last show with Shawn, instead of having her sit in the back of Shawn's set like they usually do? Elise said "I'm outside," at the beginning of the show. (I think she meant outside Shawn's studio, not outdoors.) Did some manager decide to do it that way, or did Elise request to be in a separate place? I'd like to think it was Elise saying "Get me outta there!"

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show 10 goodbye to Elise 4-02-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

So, the time came to say goodbye to Elise. Shawn made a gushy little speech. I didn't hear all of it because the product video cut off. "As we say goodbye tonight, I just wanna say how proud I am of my dear friend Elise Ivey, who is a such a rocketship, skyrocketing star at this network. But she is actually leaving this show because manning the social chat is not…"  [video ended]

As we've all said before. Elise was not exactly starting from scratch when she became the sidekick on Shawn's Dare to Share show. She had already done her own shows. QVC is giving her a new one, and it's damn sure not because she had to do anything to prove herself on Skunk's show. I wouldn't call her a "skyrocketing star," partly because I wouldn't exaggerate like Shawn does, but partly because I don't think QVC is grooming any "stars" at this time. They are cost-cutting and laying hosts off.

Who will the new sidekick be? Is it even worth the money to QVC to pay an extra host sit in the corner monitoring the social media while Shawn struts around being large and in charge? Shawn does plenty of beauty shows alone, and she can do that one too. Dare we dream that Show Program Boss Jennifer will decide to cancel Dare to Share? Remember, she did finally pull the plug on The Find with Shawn Killinger.

Just curious -- wonder why did they put Elise on a separate set for her last show with Shawn, instead of having her sit in the back of Shawn's set like they usually do? Elise said "I'm outside," at the beginning of the show. (I think she meant outside Shawn's studio, not outdoors.) Did some manager decide to do it that way, or did Elise request to be in a separate place? I'd like to think it was Elise saying "Get me outta there!"

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Elise last show 10 goodbye to Elise 4-02-21.jpg

With her unsafe habits and bad hygiene during a pandemic. No one should have to be in the same room with her.

• Like 11

Every time I see or hear that show title “The Find with Shawn Killinger” my toes curl 😖.

Like making out that the corporate behemoth that is QVC is some sort of chic boutique store that you’d find in the Hamptons, or a cobbled London backstreet.
“Oh! this is a darling set of four pairs of readers, where did you find them?”

”Shawn Killinger presented them on QVC, shes my favourite”

”Wow! quite the find!”

What a load of absolute 💩. Thank god they pulled it. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Yes, I don’t understand at all the mischaracterization of Elise Ivy as a “rising star”. In her 5 years and 10 months at QVC, she has a proven track record. Where did that strange, new tag line come from? There’s something odd about the whole thing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, From Where I Sit said:

Yes, I don’t understand at all the mischaracterization of Elise Ivy as a “rising star”. In her 5 years and 10 months at QVC, she has a proven track record. Where did that strange, new tag line come from? There’s something odd about the whole thing.

It's her way of belittling people to make herself feel superior. I'm sure she really doesn't know anything about what Elise did before being saddled with the unwashed one.

• Like 11

Maybe it’s because Elise was flying completely under Shawn’s radar while she was on Q2, so poor deluded Skunk thinks she’s somehow “discovered” her and with her mentorship has set her in the path to stardom. When she first started working with Leah didnt Skunk treat her like she was new or something? I get the feeling paths don’t cross much if you happen to be on different shifts. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

All excellent points.

My next question is why can’t someone, anyone, muzzle her from uttering her misinformation? Shawn is really so troubled and annoying.

Elise probably couldn’t wait to be disassociated from the skunkyiness of it all. Run, don’t walk!

Elise answered Shawn’s sendoff, at the end of Dare to Scare, with obligatory thanks to Shawn and a quick comment that Shawn had been the best big sister and mentor. (Blech)

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Calling Elise a "rising star" is a belittling compliment, which is, in essence, an insult.

The intrusiveness we've seen her demonstrate in the business of other hosts and guests leads me to believe she is well aware of how long Elise has been with the company. 

I don't think any of this is from innocence or ignorance, but more like a jab that says "you still haven't made it to Shawnie Sue's level of achievement, peon", with such success amounting to acting like an unchecked fool.

I wish Elise would cross over to corporate and make some cuts.  Then we would really see her star shine when she sends the clouds packing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

38 minutes ago, Burly said:

Maybe it’s because Elise was flying completely under Shawn’s radar while she was on Q2, so poor deluded Skunk thinks she’s somehow “discovered” her and with her mentorship has set her in the path to stardom. When she first started working with Leah didnt Skunk treat her like she was new or something? I get the feeling paths don’t cross much if you happen to be on different shifts. 

I think you're on to something here.  Whenever Shawn had to sell a QV2 Big Deal or HORROR of all HORRORS, had to go and actually work on QVC2 (which I think maybe only happened once or twice that I recall), she acted like QVC2 was very much beneath her, like she was slumming it and it wasn't really QVC like the channel she was on.  Carolyn did/does the same thing.

I think it's shameful treatment of Elise.  No one treats Alberti that way - he came from Beauty IQ, the same place Elise came from (I know he had stints on QVC before Beauty IQ, but I don't know if there was a QVC2 then).  No one treats Mary that way, either, who does ITKWM on QVC2.

Lastly, I thought I read somewhere - Elise's blog or her FB page - that Shawn actually WAS her mentor when she first came to QVC?  I would hate to think that that's not true......because that means someone is delusional enough to think that Elise getting her own show is somehow because of her "nonexistent" presence on Dare to Share.

• Like 5

Skunky talks like her dumb show is some major Emmy award winning show and something to be proud of. Like Elise should be honored to have had the opportunity to work with her and be mentored and guided by the superior Unwashed One. What an absolute obnoxious miserable loser!  And why all of a sudden she's presenting the faux tanners to look like steaming piles of poop!!  Just about everything she does is calculated, manipulative and subliminal in the most suggestive, disturbing and perverted way that she could get away with on this kind of platform!!   

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, mpeeps said:

Skunky talks like her dumb show is some major Emmy award winning show and something to be proud of. Like Elise should be honored to have had the opportunity to work with her and be mentored and guided by the superior Unwashed One. What an absolute obnoxious loser!  And why all of a sudden she's presenting the faux tanners to look like steaming piles of poop!!  Just about everything she does is calculated, manipulative and subliminal in the most suggestive, disturbing and perverted way that she could get away with on this kind of platform!!   

I just stood up and saluted you, @mpeeps

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Elise is probably the one that Skunky feels is really nipping at her heels. She’s threatened by Elise stepping on her beauty turf. Elise pays homage to Shawn and groundbreaking Dare to Scare format, is always deferential to the demented and fermented one.

Shawn needs a handler.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

39 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Elise is probably the one that Skunky feels is really nipping at her heels. She’s threatened by Elise stepping on her beauty turf. Elise pays homage to Shawn and groundbreaking Dare to Scare format, is always deferential to the demented and fermented one.

Shawn needs a handler.

I think they keep trying to give her handlers but it doesn't stick.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

7 hours ago, Burly said:

Every time I see or hear that show title “The Find with Shawn Killinger” my toes curl 😖.

Like making out that the corporate behemoth that is QVC is some sort of chic boutique store that you’d find in the Hamptons, or a cobbled London backstreet.
“Oh! this is a darling set of four pairs of readers, where did you find them?”

”Shawn Killinger presented them on QVC, shes my favourite”

”Wow! quite the find!”

What a load of absolute 💩. Thank god they pulled it. 

the-find-001.gif

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

the-find-001.gif

She looks like Kate Whatzhername there.

• Laugh 5

I took a look at Courtney K's instagram, trying to see her nails because of a question that @From Where I Sit asked about them in another thread here.  I looked at Courtney's post from a day ago, a sweet message about her husband.  I was shocked to see that Shawn responded, as I never see her respond to any posts she gets on her own IG page.

Anyhow, take a look at how she responded, versus how Amy Stran responded, or a couple of other people from QVC.  Even a past host, Mary Nelson, responded.  All of their posts are sweet....Shawn's response is, I don't know, like a teenager in heat?  Like a 40 year old trying to be cool when she's not?

I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't respond this way about someone else's husband.  Particularly when I'm 10-15 years older than he is (I have no idea how old Shawn is, hence the age different I noted).

image.thumb.png.a4680a56d42b948d0e06e7d5800bb348.png

phpORrv3wPM (2).jpg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

Super cringey and creepy (also, he just a nice looking guy; hot is a bit of a stretch). 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6

She is so inappropriate-all over the place.

Could it be an endocrine imbalance? Too much testosterone? Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking.

6C4F00F8-9222-49D8-9614-FFDE678D61E5.jpeg.e35ddbb4897b47b3c67a0fd600d32e0b.jpeg

• Laugh 11

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't respond this way about someone else's husband.  Particularly when I'm 10-15 years older than he is (I have no idea how old Shawn is, hence the age different I noted).

AND MARRIED!!!!! She is just so disgusting and offensive, so yes, she's met her goal!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

She is so inappropriate-all over the place.

Could it be an endocrine imbalance? Too much testosterone? Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking.

6C4F00F8-9222-49D8-9614-FFDE678D61E5.jpeg.e35ddbb4897b47b3c67a0fd600d32e0b.jpeg

"The Find with Chaz Dean" 🤣

• Laugh 12

O.M.G! Her response about Coco's husband is vulgar and obsecene as usual! I bet she wishes a host responds like that about her winner of a husband aka Jobless Joe!  Good find @lovemesomejoolery.  Amy's response annoys me too. She gives her approval because she's usually bragging about her wonderful keeper of a husband that I think she keeps tight reigns on.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Will she be on tonight, or was the TSV kickoff enough to give her today off?

Not tonight. According to the program guide, she won't be back until Monday, probably on the regular Fashion's Night In. She has the Tuesday TSV and will definitely be on at midnight after the fashion show.

Interesting: I saw on the program guide that Elise will be on the main QVC channel tonight (overnight 1 a.m. -- 3. a.m.) doing two hours of Skechers shoes.

• Useful 2

4 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Not tonight. According to the program guide, she won't be back until Monday

ANOTHER f#ck&ng weekend off!!

Must be nice to work 3 nights a week, AND always work the same shift.

Speaking of only working 3 nights, I hope they're phasing this piece of crap out as in out the door!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, The Moni said:

ANOTHER f#ck&ng weekend off!!

Must be nice to work 3 nights a week, AND always work the same shift.

Speaking of only working 3 nights, I hope they're phasing this piece of crap out as in out the door!

I think she often works four nights. Fashion show and a TSV Monday, Cheers with Leah on Tuesday, misc stuff like beauty or fashion Thursday, Dare to Scare either Friday or Saturday. I am always tickled when she gets stuck with garden products and cleaning products. She hates all of that except the Scrub Daddy, which she adores.

Agree that it would be nice if she was out the door.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I think she often works four nights.

That she may...however, she has enough 3 night work weeks to grind my gears. AND the weekends off really annoy the s#h@ out of me.

I wonder how many other hosts usually work x number of days/nights and have a shift "cut". My guess is not as often as Skunk-O.

• Like 5

I feel like she is ALWAYS on during the weeknights, so I don’t watch.  Weekends are usually crap, products, so I don’t watch then, either.  Why can’t she do the crap weekend stuff so I don’t have to “not watch” during the week?! 😫

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Her new schedule usually has her working Saturdays. She got tonight off because she came in for an hour Friday midnight to kick off the Isaac TSV. 

She hasn't worked Thursdays since they supersized Down Home With Diva.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her new schedule usually has her working Saturdays. She got tonight off because she came in for an hour Friday midnight to kick off the Isaac TSV. 

She hasn't worked Thursdays since they supersized Down Home With Diva.

LOL "supersized" him!

Bet he sells a heck of a lot more than she does.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She got tonight off because she came in for an hour Friday midnight to kick off the Isaac TSV. 

That's BS!  Many hosts have kicked off the TSV at midnight and have worked a shift later in the day/evening.  

Awww, Skunko, did you work an hour, get off at 1am, and couldn't be back in studio at 9 or 10pm?

It's just great that she had ANOTHER weekend off, the day BEFORE a holiday and the holiday itself. 

The special treatment Skunks gets is sickening as is she!

On another note I noticed since mid March there's only show videos posted on her FB page, nothing personal.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

38 minutes ago, The Moni said:

On another note I noticed since mid March there's only show videos posted on her FB page, nothing personal.

She's been putting her personal stuff on Instagram.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Moni said:

That's BS!  Many hosts have kicked off the TSV at midnight and have worked a shift later in the day/evening.  

Awww, Skunko, did you work an hour, get off at 1am, and couldn't be back in studio at 9 or 10pm?

It's just great that she had ANOTHER weekend off, the day BEFORE a holiday and the holiday itself. 

We all know how religious she is, so of course she will get the entire Easter weekend off.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

She's been putting her personal stuff on Instagram.

The question is why?  We all know she's an attention wh$r#.  Surprises me she'd give up posting on FB, ya know for any and all attention she can get.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Friday said:

She looks like Kate Whatzhername there.

Kate Smith😄

• Laugh 5

3 hours ago, The Moni said:

Jennifer worked 5 hours on Friday, lazy s it seems is a part timer. Why don't they just dump her, she's not a team player, who would miss her.

• Like 9

I have seen veteran TSV presenters such as Sandra and Rick often return the next day (I mean later the TSV day), sometimes as early as late afternoon to do it again.

Is she something special, what gives?

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1