Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

18 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I've heard it said before that Shawn loves sniffing her own farts and that picture just reeks of it, no wonder Shawn's always smelling her fingers ,ugh! 

Whaaaat?  Have not heard this.

• Laugh 1

6 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Cleaning out some files last night, found another picture of Leah and Shawn from an early “Cheers ...” show. Same body language.7C513E4D-E3E7-47D1-B3C0-47D5BF3F92D2.jpeg.1942fc395c7885fcde24ad41486b3c62.jpeg

Also, I found this elsewhere. Thought it was about Shawn. Hahaha. But no. Someone else.

6C8A11C5-8F20-42ED-8C3E-E78426A64092.jpeg.31f89655a996767f63c467a9b1defc69.jpeg

Wow.  Very strong body language here.

This is what I see:

Shawn is not a team player.

She likes to go against the grain.

She is repelled by a person who others hold in high esteem, probably from jealousy.

And as @rocketinu researched using Shawn's body language in a previous photo, she's checked out of the conversation.

Leah probably bores her because she slides smoothly along the tracks while Shawn likes to throw herself off of the rails in the name of quirkiness.

*Just looking back at previous posts interpreting Shawn's body language.  Very interesting.

*Edited to add that I think she literally wants out of this pairing, like she's ready to actually run out the door. 

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 14

I would definitely agree Shawn is not a “team player.”  She sees herself as quirky and outside the box.  “Real???”  I don’t know about that. 

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would definitely agree Shawn is not a “team player.”  She sees herself as quirky and outside the box.  “Real???”  I don’t know about that. 

She isn't being "real."  IMO, she sees her job as performance art.

• Like 8

On 2/10/2021 at 12:08 AM, From Where I Sit said:

The sign off.DCBE34DF-CEC8-45C1-AE54-931C49DF4FA4.thumb.jpeg.b492ad029aea5dfc3b6e1f124308b292.jpegwow.

In many cultures, showing the sole of your shoe or foot is considered an offense. Then it can not be disregarded, what the meaning is, in many cultures, of sitting on your hip while facing away from the other person so that your haunches are facing them.

She's kinda showing Leah her arse!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

F164634A-6EBF-4D79-B1AD-DF77B71238FA.thumb.jpeg.79439fb78f85f5e8068da72b0dd659c0.jpeg

I will never understand some of the host and putting their feet on furniture with their shoes on 😞 Not shocking Kerstink and Skunk do it the most.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, CandyApple said:

Wow.  Very strong body language here.

This is what I see:

*Edited to add that I think she literally wants out of this pairing, like she's ready to actually run out the door.

EXACTLY this! The only way she could distance herself from Leah any more would be actually to walk off the set.

Her continued employment is one of mankind's great mysteries.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

14 hours ago, Thumper said:

people who go thru life thinking they are "quirky" are usually not

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

EXACTLY this! The only way she could distance herself from Leah any more would be actually to walk off the set.

Her continued employment is one of mankind's great mysteries.

It seems like nobody is really minding the store over there, just counting the money in the back office.

• Like 8

She has to sell basic tsv sneakers tonight! She must be thrilled. I'm sure that will justify a "liquid lunch" today!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

4 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

I will never understand some of the host and putting their feet on furniture with their shoes on 😞 Not shocking Kerstink and Skunk do it the most.

I feel the same way! When they are selling linens and get into the bed with their shoes on, makes my skin crawl😖

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She has to sell basic tsv sneakers tonight! She must be thrilled. I'm sure that will justify a "liquid lunch" today!

I don't ever wear sneakers, as she's turning them around in her hand, looking at them like she's never seen a pair before, but sidebar the black are mad cool!

• Laugh 7

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

I don't think she's a team player either. I don't think she has much of a personality her favorite subject is herself.                                                                                                       She likes to be on with the young girls IMO cause she thinks she's just like them and she can dominate them. I've noticed that they are pairing her a lot, she's seems to be only on a few shows alone. Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Shawnie Sue!

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

11 minutes ago, Elle820 said:

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Shawnie Sue!

would love to see someone like Terri C take some of her shows,  hee hee,

• Like 8

Shawn is just SELFISH. Very apparent as she is always talking about herself. Probably twenty percent of what she says is factual and truth and the rest- lies- but we all know that. She acts bored to tears being on the show so QVC should release her and encourage her to find happiness elsewhere. 

• Like 7

She's such a self-absorbed negative downer!  And look at all those carbs!!  They say carbs absorb the booze!  Sobering up for work tonight? Another one of our favorite hosts would disapprove of what's in that shopping cart!! 

20210212_183212.thumb.jpg.62cc4fe0bb66549eb05b3e4ab6e867be.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Did anyone catch her the other night when she said the thing she’d want to do if this gig “ever dried up”?

She said she’d love to have a platform that celebrates the [artificial] National Holiday rubbish. She sees a need for more than just one highlight a day. She’d want to combine the several and varied national holidays into one stop shopping for the nonsense.

Can you imagine any other host attempting to so flippantly refer to “this job” at QVC and “if it ever dries up”? This was Tuesday I believe. That night, Shawn and Leah Williams were signing off from their Cheers show. There was that  moment when Shawn insisted on speaking Leah’s thoughts out loud for her. Shawn said, as she raised her glass to Leah’s to toast, “I know Leah, you’re thinking ‘Don’t give up your day job.’”. To which Leah responded, “Cheers to that!”. 

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

To be fair, carbs are also comfort food.  Not sure it’s necessarily to soak up alcohol.

• Like 4

The clean fluffy hairdo we saw on Tuesday is gone. She's back to flat stringy hair, and she was scratching her head a few minutes into the show.

Second mani-pedi of the week. Bright yellow fingernails and toenails tonight.

Her glasses tonight aren't so obnoxious. The frames are semi-clear, so you can see her eyes. They look much better than her heavy black-rimmed pair.

misc pics Shawn Killinger hair scratching head Ryka shoe show 2 collage 1 2-12-21.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger hands nail polish yellow Ryka shoe show 2 collage 1 wito toenails 2-12-21.jpg

• Like 2

Really don't care about her grocery cart. But her comments about school lunch were loaded. She should seriously think about some therapy. She seems to have a lot of baggage to unpack.🙁

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

That yellow polish is horribly distracting. Honestly, I can't believe that place doesn't have grooming standards. But it's clear they don't. Ugh.

• Like 9

The garish yellow mani / pedi is hideous! Her nails look like claws or paws and are very distracting! It's her passive aggressive FU to Ryka and the viewers!! 

I don't care about her groceries either. Her whole life is TMI and she encourages me to feed into her rather harshly what she dishes out daily.  

The nail polish is unwatchable it's that bad!! 

Her hair looks as yellow as her nails and her skin is as orange as a carrot too.  She just said she didn't put that much effort into her appearance tonight! Another FU!!

20210213_024608.thumb.jpg.4e2600199182d2bde019ffe562afc2a3.jpg

20210212_224354.thumb.jpg.ef18eba5478863f10e2ef192acdebe45.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

16 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

That yellow polish is horribly distracting. Honestly, I can't believe that place doesn't have grooming standards. But it's clear they don't. Ugh.

I agree about the polish, the itching her head and the attitude. She really has a very shallow are se all of phrases and stories and pitches.

I remember back several months ago, Shawn and Courtney were together on a show. Courtney offered up that QVC has a “dress code” supposedly for neutral nail polish. I laughed so hard. I think Shawn had complimented her on her bright red nails and that was her response. Courtney was semi-apologizing and answering the comment from Shawn bringing attention to the color.

Shawn just asked Jackie had been there all day...followed by another question, if Jackie’s tan was real or a self tanner...

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

She said that???!  Awful.

Not watching, but not a  fan of the yellow nails.  Yuck

• Like 6

C0075DB4-4E4B-4804-BD65-6A97BEA9ED03.jpeg.24b21f6b7be289712ae52238f0422d38.jpeg

It’s obvious that she’s struggling.

It’s as if she talked herself into a depression with all her whispering of doom and gloom and her general negative pitch, despite the big, quirky behavior and toothsome smile.

I saw a box of tissues behind the display table for the sneakers. She must have a cold. Imagine that, tissues!

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 2

What in the world happened  to Elise? She said she was having a bad hair day, and asked Shawn, or somebody on the set, what was  their go-to style for a bad hair day.

I've never seen Elise look that bad. Frankly I'm shocked she went on air like that. Tonight would have been a good time for her to wear one of Shawn's beanie hats.

misc pics QVC Elise Ivy beauty show Shawn yellow fingernails 1 2-12-21.jpg

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Shawn just has that way of bringing people down around her.  Elise actually looks polished next to this mess! But I'm surprised Elise is having a bad hair day with such low humidity and dew points!! 

20210212_231709.thumb.jpg.685dffa68d3a86e4d881ebfc71042d93.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Shawn just has that way of bringing people down around her.  Elise actually looks polished next to this mess!

20210212_231709.thumb.jpg.685dffa68d3a86e4d881ebfc71042d93.jpg

Elise pointed out during her intro that tonight they are on her Tuesday morning show’s set.

I’m surprised Shawn wasn’t running around peeing on all the corners, etc. 🤣

• Laugh 11

The “yeah baby” has to go.

I worry for Elise. Epidemiologists have proven that hanging around Shawn is not a good thing. She’s a known contagion.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

So Miss Greasy Strands is pushing the tsv clean hair product? Makes sense. The models ' hair all looks clean and healthy and then.......

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, LeeDenny said:

Once upon a time, the female Q hosts presenting jewelry either favored or were instructed to wear more subdued nail polish.  Never saw anything but French manicures, clear, or paler colored polishes.

Then Antonella started hosting jewelry shows wearing very brightly colored polishes.  All I could think was "Uh oh.  Antonella is in trou-ble."  But she never stopped. After that, even Jill, who leaned more frumpy, got funky with darker mauves and, at one point, almost black nails, and I think that was the end of nail rules at QVC.

Not a good idea when you have one particularly rogue host who aspires to be quirky.  Then the rainbow, for better or worse, is her polish color palette, as evidenced above.

• Useful 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, hummingbird said:

They are usually just annoying. 

• Like 16

Yellow glasses and yellow nails. She must have thought it was mad cool to wear yellow glasses to match her yellow manicure. No, it was just yellow overload.

misc pics Shawn Killinger glasses yellow with yellow fingernails 3 collage 1 2-12-21.jpg

• Like 7

Funny conversation about false eyelashes. It's really about the Bare Minerals mascara, but it's at the beginning of A397946 Laura Geller Sculpt & Stay Brow Pencil Duo.

Elise: Are they real? [asking about Shawn’s eyelashes]

[couldn’t tell who was speaking because they were showing a model. Heard “No.”  “Yes.” “Spill it.”]

Shawn: No, I’m wearing those bare minerals whatchamacallit on top, but no, this is a full on lash.

Elise: Do you have a brand name for that?

Shawn: [looks flustered] Oh, what are those ones that we use in the QVC [crosstalk, couldn’t understand]. If anyone cares, when I buy them at Rite-Aid, I get the mink version. I think it’s like Rydell or something.” [The correct brand name of the Rite-Aid eyelashes is Ardell. The closed caption said Meeenk due to the way she pronounced “mink,” dragging it out.]

Elise: Oh, yeah, okay, I know exactly what that is.

Shawn: Speaking of – okay, thank you for playing [in a slightly irritated tone of voice]. Ah, brand new from Laura Geller… [talks about next product]

I've always wondered why Shawn shovels several layers of mascara on top of her false eyelashes. I know she has to sell the mascara, but wouldn't the presentation work better if she didn't wear false eyelashes? Then the viewers could see how whatever mascara she's selling improved her natural eyelashes -- like they do it on the models.

misc pics Shawn Killinger face mascara Bare Minerals yellow nails 7 conversatin with Elise 2-12-21.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Did anyone catch her the other night when she said the thing she’d want to do if this gig “ever dried up”?

She said she’d love to have a platform that celebrates the [artificial] National Holiday rubbish. She sees a need for more than just one highlight a day. She’d want to combine the several and varied national holidays into one stop shopping for the nonsense.

Can you imagine any other host attempting to so flippantly refer to “this job” at QVC and “if it ever dries up”? This was Tuesday I believe. That night, Shawn and Leah Williams were signing off from their Cheers show. There was that  moment when Shawn insisted on speaking Leah’s thoughts out loud for her. Shawn said, as she raised her glass to Leah’s to toast, “I know Leah, you’re thinking ‘Don’t give up your day job.’”. To which Leah responded, “Cheers to that!”. 

She is out of her damn mind ! I can’t wait to the day she is no longer at QVC and she tries to put these stupid ideas in to play. There are plenty of hosts who left and then realize they are not as famous as they thought they were. I will enjoy watching doors being closed in her ignorant face 😀

• Like 3

Elise may have thought, "Yeah, I don't look so great tonight, but I will still look better than my 'posse leader', so what the heck...I don't feel like putting in the effort when she doesn't."  

And yes, that lunchroom tidbit was disturbing.  Don't you kinda find at least one person you eat lunch with every day?  I don't remember seeing anyone roaming the lunch room looking for someone/anyone to eat lunch with on a daily basis...things seem to level out after the first week and you find your comfortable eating companion(s).

I understand comfort food, but SK, let's balance that cart full of carbs with a few fruits and veggies, at least for your other family members.  (Must not sell "adult beverages" at that grocery, or maybe she has her liquor store run in the car already--priorities after all!)

• Like 4

My nails very short. (apparently menopause messes with your nails too) I don't wear polish because imo it looks weird on short nails. She could really just get sheer pink or peach if she feels compelled to wear polish.

Just occurred to me. Maybe she wears those opaque colors to hide gunk under her nails.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I’m sure Mr. Peter Thomas Roth was thrilled with Skunky’s digression from his product to her dermatologist appointment story about her “mole check” and Botox injection. I thought I could see steam coming out of the top of his head. (That could actually be off-gassing from his morning cocktail of his own products.)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Wasn't Shawn supposed to be on tonight? The QVC program guide said "Galentine's Day with Courtney and Shawn" at 10:00 p.m. But Courtney is hosting by herself.

They put up cardboard cutouts of other hosts: Jen, Jane, Rachel, and others. Don't remember whether there was a cutout of Shawn.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

6 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Wasn't Shawn supposed to be on tonight? The QVC program guide said "Galentine's Day with Courtney and Shawn" at 10:00 p.m. But Courtney is hosting by herself.

They put up cardboard cutouts of other hosts: Jen, Jane, Rachel, and others. Don't remember whether there was a cutout of Shawn.

Well, no Shawn is a positive in my view.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Here's a pic I didn't post last night. Shawn looked very annoyed when Elise interrupted her. Shawn was saying her typical gushy "Bye girl, love you" type farewell to the Bare Minerals OAP, when Elise suddenly piped up, saying she used the BM mascara and loved it. Shawn's face got stern. A few moments later she was smiling again and saying how great it was that Elise loved the mascara.

But once in a while we get a glimpse of her true feelings. She dominates Dare to Share because it's her show, and the sidekick is there to enhance her presentations. She thinks the sidekick should not speak unless spoken to.

misc pics Shawn Killinger face expression irritated with Elise Bare Minerals mascara yelllow fingernails 2-12-21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 2