Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Do you believe Graver complimented and loved Skunky's hair last night!! Shawn's thankful reaction was a little awkward of course!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Do you believe Graver complimented and loved Skunky's hair! Shawn's thankful reaction was a little awkward of course!

Unfortunately, there is always somebody around at QVC to stroke her ego.

Here's a side view of the hairstyle.

misc pics Shawn KIllinger hair big 1 side view 3-15-21.jpg

• Surprise 2

I say, No! to this whole thing.

887E3E29-46C1-414C-A3F4-1B887563688A.jpeg.6528cf61a6d305d31a2ae6bf52c2f971.jpeg

Hairdo looks like ram’s horns. Used a lot of hairline powder. And always the pleats of fabric present over her breasts because of the too small a sized top.

0603E209-4939-494F-B0BF-9F239ABD4D66.jpeg.f2d136ef4413f89dc37f82917a1c7d42.jpeg

All I can see is a ram’s head.

AD040E16-76E3-430C-BE12-1BEB75501324.jpeg.7803e8977859d4567ecc063bac7bf7ae.jpeg

• Laugh 13

Nu funny rubber faces tonight, just some interesting gestures and expressions. In the middle picture, she looks like a huckster with a fake smile.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Estee Lauder 4 collage 1 3-16-21.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I also remember she said back then that she got a prescription once for progressive lens glasses, but didn't fill it because the glasses were too expensive. Huh, what? The woman who shops constantly and brags about saving money and blowing out her credit cards to buy fashion items costing in the hundreds of $$$ is too stingy to spend the same money on a pair of useful glasses?

4uCjIHd.jpg         She really is such an ASS !!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

34 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

she made an effort with the jacket at least,

it's a nice piece and now at least you can wear something that fancy to shill on air 

I just turned on the TV and jacket aside she looks ridic adjusting the glasses, which are a prop as much as glasses . a few years ago I got a pair that I returned they were just too big for my face it must be so annoying to wear those all the time, 

But she has said recently she is not a blazer/jacket fan.

• Laugh 6

17 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Last week she posted this...

33310D29-F8E8-4288-940B-734A7353A961.jpeg.c6b5a366ac383f23909c57a4d36a6ed4.jpeg

But this what I saw. (It didn’t really look like Skunky to me.) I was getting a...long lost cousin of Pippi Longstocking vibe. Her name is Trippy.

A94E3FDB-2005-41DB-85FF-6A6A2E6543FE.jpeg.f3d773d5bb1ab9c0afb6968bb0d5dd9d.jpeg

Her face had a little Estelle Getty going on for me--think it is the mouth and the expression.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

7 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

All I can see is a ram’s head.

AD040E16-76E3-430C-BE12-1BEB75501324.jpeg.7803e8977859d4567ecc063bac7bf7ae.jpeg

Oh wow!! I see a ram's head too with that ridiculous hairdo.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

On 3/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, AnnaCody said:

I've been using it for a very long time.  I buy it on eBay.  Check in a few weeks.  The sellers over there buy these sets, then break them up and sell them separately.  At a reasonable price, many times with no S&H.  I do like it.  So easy to apply and it does give a nice even coverage. 

Let us know how you like it.

So my Celebration Foundation arrived over the weekend and I used it for the first time today. So far so good! Here are my notes:

- The instructions say to let your moisturizer and primer dry completely before application. I did that, and I used my "summer" day moisturizer (Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin) as opposed to my "winter" (Cerave Night lotion in the pump, which I use day/night). I did not use my primer (SmashBox oil control, the blue one, which I buy when I can find it at TJX) just to see how it would perform w/o primer. I did use my eye primer (Mary Kay, small silver tube, which I SWEAR by). I'm in the 45+ range and have oily skin.

- Pro tip: One time I helped with a brand video shoot for my company and we had professional makeup artists for the talent. I watched them as much as I could and I noticed the MUAs used a hair dryer to dry the talent's faces in between product applications. I do that with the cool setting on my dryer and it works really well, after moisturizer, foundation and setting spray. 

- I absolutely loved the application with the brush that was included; the Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush #6, which alone costs $48 at Ulta. I put two layers on each part of my face and that was enough to achieve the coverage I wanted. I was careful to keep the powder contained in the compact so it wouldn't go flying. It went on every bit as easily as they show on TV. I was amazed.

- I then used a matte setting spray (Wet 'n Wild, from WalMart) and let that dry before applying loose powder (Clinique Blended Face Powder, which I have used for 150 years). Then I proceeded with the rest of my makeup.

- I'm currently at mid-day. It does look a little bit crease-y to me, but I used a blender sponge to smooth it out (nose and chin only) and I was right back to how I looked when I first put it on this morning. I could see carrying a small blender sponge in my bag for touch ups. The big thing though is that I blow my nose a lot. It runs perpetually, especially at this time of the year, so my makeup always comes off the end of my nose, and it can be hard to blend back in with my regular foundation (L'Oréal Infallible Matte). With the Celebration, I am able to blend it back over the end of my nose really easily and it holds until a few tissues later. The L'Oréal is much more difficult to blend after it dries.  

I will continue to experiment with different bases (moisturizers and primers) to see which combination is the ticket, and overall I am really happy with the purchase. Darn Skunk got me!! 😄 

Side note (sidebar? hahaha): I have a couple of different It brand brushes that I have picked up at TJX and Ulta on sale and I have been really pleased with them, they're as good as Bare Minerals which are my favorite, and better than Bobbi Brown, which I used to swear by. 

Also I'm open to trying other setting sprays. I tried the Wet 'n Wild to help with makeup transfer on my masks. It doesn't fully prevent transfer, but it does help. Really the best thing to do is to double mask with a thin hospital mask under a fabric mask, and throw the disposable one away when it gets gross. I have and use filters in my fabric masks, but double masking is much easier.

• Useful 3

17 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

76DDF74B-E228-4FED-9FBD-8F1FDD495684.jpeg.3d13208b8b04409cee94f15ac968c939.jpeg

dial    9 - 1 - 1    in case of an emergency 

OMG the hair is so filthy!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

So my Celebration Foundation arrived over the weekend and I used it for the first time today. So far so good! Here are my notes:

- The instructions say to let your moisturizer and primer dry completely before application. I did that, and I used my "summer" day moisturizer (Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin) as opposed to my "winter" (Cerave Night lotion in the pump, which I use day/night). I did not use my primer (SmashBox oil control, the blue one, which I buy when I can find it at TJX) just to see how it would perform w/o primer. I did use my eye primer (Mary Kay, small silver tube, which I SWEAR by). I'm in the 45+ range and have oily skin.

- Pro tip: One time I helped with a brand video shoot for my company and we had professional makeup artists for the talent. I watched them as much as I could and I noticed the MUAs used a hair dryer to dry the talent's faces in between product applications. I do that with the cool setting on my dryer and it works really well, after moisturizer, foundation and setting spray. 

- I absolutely loved the application with the brush that was included; the Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush #6, which alone costs $48 at Ulta. I put two layers on each part of my face and that was enough to achieve the coverage I wanted. I was careful to keep the powder contained in the compact so it wouldn't go flying. It went on every bit as easily as they show on TV. I was amazed.

- I then used a matte setting spray (Wet 'n Wild, from WalMart) and let that dry before applying loose powder (Clinique Blended Face Powder, which I have used for 150 years). Then I proceeded with the rest of my makeup.

- I'm currently at mid-day. It does look a little bit crease-y to me, but I used a blender sponge to smooth it out (nose and chin only) and I was right back to how I looked when I first put it on this morning. I could see carrying a small blender sponge in my bag for touch ups. The big thing though is that I blow my nose a lot. It runs perpetually, especially at this time of the year, so my makeup always comes off the end of my nose, and it can be hard to blend back in with my regular foundation (L'Oréal Infallible Matte). With the Celebration, I am able to blend it back over the end of my nose really easily and it holds until a few tissues later. The L'Oréal is much more difficult to blend after it dries.  

I will continue to experiment with different bases (moisturizers and primers) to see which combination is the ticket, and overall I am really happy with the purchase. Darn Skunk got me!! 😄 

Side note (sidebar? hahaha): I have a couple of different It brand brushes that I have picked up at TJX and Ulta on sale and I have been really pleased with them, they're as good as Bare Minerals which are my favorite, and better than Bobbi Brown, which I used to swear by. 

Also I'm open to trying other setting sprays. I tried the Wet 'n Wild to help with makeup transfer on my masks. It doesn't fully prevent transfer, but it does help. Really the best thing to do is to double mask with a thin hospital mask under a fabric mask, and throw the disposable one away when it gets gross. I have and use filters in my fabric masks, but double masking is much easier.

Thanks for all this great info!  I'm off to do some shopping 😀 Glad you like it so far!!  I did use Bare Minerals for quite a few years before this came along.  Looking forward to more tips on using it. 

• Like 2

She's on with the Estee Lauder show. Wearing a blazer again. This time I think it's a QVC jacket.

No ram's horns hairdo tonight.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Estee Lauder gray jacket 1 3-16-21.jpg

• Surprise 4

And now, today, her hair is filthier than last night. Or so it appears. She has thrown some more polish on her nails. And that poor button on her blazer....

D05E3EA6-8D6A-4A83-8836-92D3F3D88CFB.jpeg.54d2c51caeb03dd30eba2d0326afd257.jpeg

Such a marked difference to the founder

9D294B96-4608-4AFD-B347-4597BF332D54.jpeg.e97b51f59c526d2d4db7874a05fc9f3e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

Jacket is too tight, pulling and straining at bust and tummy/hip. Is that a Dennis Basso jacket? I've seen something like it before on QVC.

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Estee Lauder gray jacket 2 jacket too tight 3-16-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 2

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

misc pics Shawn Killinger beauty Estee Lauder gray jacket 2 jacket too tight 3-16-21.jpg

She couldn't button that second button if she tried...how in the world does she think that's a good look?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

She just mentioned her not showering again while presenting the EL lipstick. "Lipstick is my desert island product. I always wear lipstick... even if I haven't showered for four days." I so wish QVC would make her shut up about her showers/lack of showers!

• Like 4
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

She just mentioned her not showering again while presenting the EL lipstick. "Lipstick is my desert island product. I always wear lipstick... even if I haven't showered for four days." I so wish QVC would make her shut up about her showers/lack of showers!

That's just gross. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's just gross. 

Yes! Make her shut up about the not showering!

• Like 7

Some people have a knack for mixing prints. Skunk is not one of them.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Yeah.  I dislike that artwork.  It labels the area as Shawn’s.  I’m a Leah fan.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Hooker heels on the Leah show. Old ones, I recognize them.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 1 3-16-21.jpg

Shawn's outfit is atrocious.  That is all!

• Like 6

Look at this. Closely. If you can stomach it. 

Looking through the top line of her eyeglasses. Just blocking her eyes. 
That mouth. 
The eyebrows are disappearing on the edges more and more. And the hair...

12B15C6F-670F-4CDA-A21E-5E0C29F3D696.jpeg.2968a3f78af7911e7fdd885bd8df0a59.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

Jane appeared briefly to promote the Irish show day. When Jane opened her mouth to talk, Shawn talked over her. So when she finally shut up about going to "Ir-land "and let Jane talk, she (Shawn) had a nasty expression on her face.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 2 talking over Jane 3-16-21.jpg

• Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Just now, Coffeecup said:

"I'm in the extra small."

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 3 knot Kim Gravel shirt 3-16-21.jpg

She hates this Kim as she has it knotted. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

And the hair...

She just kept putting more and more of that castor oil on it. Must feel so gross. And she's totally disrespected Kim's camp shirt by tieing it into a knot. 

• Like 6

Really! If she could just tone herself down a bit, it would be a tad more tolerable to see her. 

Tonight she has that little, slightly buzzed (alcohol or Rx) way.

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

"I'm in the extra small."

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 3 knot Kim Gravel shirt 3-16-21.jpg

12ECB66C-5B95-4359-826C-A5237B1C5BF2.jpeg.d9096ab734df1f97c7447b9614a740f4.jpeg

side by side. Hmmm. 

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

She hates this Kim as she has it knotted. 

Hopefully, she'll take the shirt off now that the presentation is over. She looks like a character out of a Dickens novel. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

I rarely watch anything with Shawn in it.....I'll tune in for snippets here and there or see a presentation of hers when I look at the recently aired items.  Of course, I see all the fantastic pictures you all post here, too.

But I've watched a fair amount of her tonight, though.  And I am flummoxed by what it is QVC sees in her, particularly when it comes to being their "beauty and fashion host".  Her personality is just awful, she wears a mish mash of styles and prints, with jackets and shoes that don't match the main part of her outfit (in this case, a dress)...and then the makeup and hair.  It's just awful.  Then you add in her personality and the total package is just all wrong. 

She couldn't even sell Estee Lauder without bashing it in her offhand sort of way - "when I was in my teens and 20's.......", as if to say that now that she's in her 40's she's "too cool" for it. 

It's a joke.  It really is. 

• Like 11

She must smell like urine, grease and dirty feet if she doesn’t shower for four days. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

She modeled a Carole Hochman spa robe, which looked silly with her high heels. She should have removed her shoes for this presentation.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 7 bathrobe 4 3-16-21.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Tell me she’s not drunk (or acting drunk) during the Cuddleduds tiered maxi dress presentation.

I missed it. What did she do this time? 🙄

Oh, it’s the unfocused style. The bobbing and weaving on those shoes, then the spontaneous dancing she’s been doing. Her exaggerated facial expressions with multiple nods of her head, while still holding the facial expression from three beats back. That sort of thing. It’s all of that, along with that flippant, don’t care, one the edge of silly, almost giddy mood. 

Her syntax, her phrases, how she combines her weird actions with her weird language all point to a very complex personality who likes to use phoney and complicated vocabulary to aid her in her fraudulent portrayal of herself.

Fascinating but phoney. That’s the hook.

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3

12 hours ago, Elle820 said:

OMG the hair is so filthy!

Sometimes I think it is all the styling products that make their hair look dirty. Rather than just not washing it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

7 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Oh, it’s the unfocused style. The bobbing and weaving on those shoes, then the spontaneous dancing she’s been doing. Her exaggerated facial expressions with multiple nods of her head, while still holding the facial expression from three beats back. That sort of thing. It’s all of that, along with that flippant, don’t care, one the edge of silly, almost giddy mood. 

Her syntax, her phrases, how she combines her weird actions with her weird language all point to a very complex personality who likes to use phoney and complicated vocabulary to aid her in her fraudulent portrayal of herself.

Fascinating but phoney. That’s the hook.

To me, that means one thing: she's highly manipulative. Salespeople have to be manipulative to some degree. After all, their jobs depend on persuading us to buy the product, or rather, to "close the deal," "pull the trigger," or whatever buzz phrase they use. But I think she goes way too far with it. She is so obnoxious that she makes me actively NOT want to buy whatever product she's presenting. How many people have stopped watching her shows? If customers are avoiding her shows, the products get less exposure.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Sometimes I think it is all the styling products that make their hair look dirty. Rather than just not washing it. 

I think it’s a combination.  Dry shampoo only goes so far.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

She must smell like urine, grease and dirty feet if she doesn’t shower for four days. 

Don't forget BO.  People with "issues" like her don't have the desire for keeping themselves up hence no showers, shampoos,  shaving,  brushing their teeth or using deodorant.  We know she certainly doesn't get a regular pedicure.  More than likely that's why we have the troweled on makeup with overdrawn eyebrows and lips.  Add all that to the out of date hooker heels and she looks like a tired old streetwalker.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Hooker heels on the Leah show. Old ones, I recognize them.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show pink dress 1 3-16-21.jpg

New body language:  point dagger-like stiletto heel at unsuspecting victim and imagine wiping the cheery, good-natured smile off of her face.

Little does Shawn know, Leah most likely has her number, and would move with ninja-like agility to block any attacks.

• Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

16 hours ago, Benji said:

She just kept putting more and more of that castor oil on it. Must feel so gross. And she's totally disrespected Kim's camp shirt by tieing it into a knot. 

She couldn't have buttoned that shirt for a million bucks.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

22 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I rarely watch anything with Shawn in it.....I'll tune in for snippets here and there or see a presentation of hers when I look at the recently aired items.  Of course, I see all the fantastic pictures you all post here, too.

But I've watched a fair amount of her tonight, though.  And I am flummoxed by what it is QVC sees in her, particularly when it comes to being their "beauty and fashion host".  Her personality is just awful, she wears a mish mash of styles and prints, with jackets and shoes that don't match the main part of her outfit (in this case, a dress)...and then the makeup and hair.  It's just awful.  Then you add in her personality and the total package is just all wrong. 

She couldn't even sell Estee Lauder without bashing it in her offhand sort of way - "when I was in my teens and 20's.......", as if to say that now that she's in her 40's she's "too cool" for it. 

It's a joke.  It really is. 

I don't watch her, I'll flip it on during commercials to see what's on. Last night I watched Courtney sell Estee Lauder, she was excited that she was doing it, knew what she was talking about listened to the oap asked questions. Big shit had to show Estee Lauder's office like she was a personal friend of hers and visited her in her office, she forgets she told us she only uses mac...etc. I never heard her ever mention Estee Lauder until last night, using her come to 🙏🏻voice. I hope the Q is training Courtney to replace her. Skunky is like watching a car wreck.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, CandyApple said:

New body language:  point dagger-like stiletto heel at unsuspecting victim and imagine wiping the cheery, good-natured smile off of her face.

Little does Shawn know, Leah most likely has her number, and would move with ninja-like agility to block any attacks.

Lady and the tramp! 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6