Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Then there's all the behind the scenes banter we're not hearing and the hosts are hearing off camera and through their earpieces.  Skunky said something along the lines when she blew up her hair last night, that you should hear what her producer is saying to her about hairbands from the 80s while she was cracking up at herself!  So this is all comedic entertainment they think we all can appreciate.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

10 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Then there's all the behind the scenes banter we're not hearing and the hosts are hearing off camera and through their earpieces

Yes! That’s all very bad TV.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, From Where I Sit said:

This ^

She had a real blast mocking the Calista powder by highlighting the thickness of her crazy hair. She dissed the other Calista product, calling it “that clap clap stringy stuff” [close enough] and proceeded to laugh and laugh, and mug for the camera. Great.

E9A87EB8-66CB-4CCC-BBB3-B6B5373A3EA6.jpeg.40c1178394d658da47836989b0d80187.jpeg

Having gotten carried away, she finished by talking about big hair. Shawn laughed and laughed. As the presentation was ending, she slid her eyes over to her cohost. I think she finally realized that Leah sports a big hair style that is natural to her. Oops. It was awkward.

2E233FA7-F3D1-487A-AF76-7354E7E0B552.jpeg.88e33adfb9fd685601c140c161c53b76.jpeg

It certainly felt awkward to me.

This was awkward just reading it!  I was cringing when I saw the first pic, wondering if she was trying to make her hair like Leah's!

She has no regard for anything or anyone except herself.  Not her co-host and not the vendor (who's supposedly her friend) whose product she's supposed to be selling.  And certainly not QVC viewers.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9

She has no class and is unprofessional.  The comment she made to Leah asking her if she had a problem getting “big” hair. What is that all about?  She needs counseling on what not to say to co-hosts or others. She needs to be fired from QVC for all of the disgraceful and disrespectful comments and personal/private questions she has asked others QVC hosts and vendors. She is an embarrassment to QVC. From the facial expressions on faces of others, they show they are embarrassed and disgusted with her. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

This ^

She had a real blast mocking the Calista powder by highlighting the thickness of her crazy hair. She dissed the other Calista product, calling it “that clap clap stringy stuff” [close enough] and proceeded to laugh and laugh, and mug for the camera. Great.

E9A87EB8-66CB-4CCC-BBB3-B6B5373A3EA6.jpeg.40c1178394d658da47836989b0d80187.jpeg

Having gotten carried away, she finished by talking about big hair. Shawn laughed and laughed. As the presentation was ending, she slid her eyes over to her cohost. I think she finally realized that Leah sports a big hair style that is natural to her. Oops. It was awkward.

2E233FA7-F3D1-487A-AF76-7354E7E0B552.jpeg.88e33adfb9fd685601c140c161c53b76.jpeg

It certainly felt awkward to me.

It certainly seems to me that she has a real, venomous, passive-aggressive “thing” towards Maria. More than once, I’ve seen her act out while Maria is presenting a product, like she’s intentionally trying to undermine her/her product. Anti-selling behavior.

She took it to a new level last night.

She seems to really hate the Tarte OAP, too. Same undermining tactics—making extra background noise while the OAP is talking on full-screen. She got her again last night, too—and she wasn’t even presenting the product (Leah was).

Mrs. Shrug said she did something similar to Kim Gravel earlier in the show last night also. If that’s true, I’d pay cash money to hear the next call that Kim does with her POC at QVC. 😵

• Like 6

I thought Calista was her stylist in the past. Now she goes to a guy stylist in NYC. Correct me, if I am wrong. Calista should request that she not be the host for her products. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, BichonBoys said:

I thought Calista was her stylist in the past. Now she goes to a guy stylist in NYC. Correct me, if I am wrong. Calista should request that she not be the host for her products. 

The last I saw on her Instagram and the talk here, she was getting her hair cut by one of the stylists that is renting from her husband's newest venture in - I think - New Jersey.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

The last I saw on her Instagram and the talk here, she was getting her hair cut by one of the stylists that is renting from her husband's newest venture in - I think - New Jersey.

I thought Joe said on Instagram that the salon was still under construction. But Shawn could still have gone to some other location, to see one of the stylists who will be working in the Killinger/Carretta salon.

P.S. If you Google "joe carretta my salon new jersey" and then click on Google images, there are a whole bunch of screenshots of Shawn from our thread on this forum! 😆

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 4

Maria McCool should definitely request no more Shawn. However, so many hours of prime time programming, devoted to beauty, are during times when Shawn is on.

I remember hearing she went to the Saloon for something. It was back when she came out of there with this chopped look. And it was a white blond, almost gray look.

Just the other night, she name dropped (as usual), a man in NYC. She said she’d been talking or texting with him that day. And of course, it was during some other hair product vendor’s presentation. (Twaek’d guy maybe?) I can’t recall the name. But name dropping is a specialty of hers. She’s a schemer, I figure she’s courting the man to come to the Q with his products, if he has any. Name dropping him would maybe get her points. 

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I thought Joe said on Instagram that the salon was still under construction. But Shawn could still have gone to some other location, to see one of the stylists who will be working in the Killinger/Carretta salon.

P.S. If you Google "joe carretta my salon new jersey" and then click on Google images, there are a whole bunch of screenshots from our thread on this forum! 😆

Hahahaha! I think the count is 12 images of Primetimer thoughts to 8 different images pertaining to Joe C. or or the Saloon etc. 

The 12 from here are direct Skunky hits.

• Like 4

She said her stylist Arsen Gurgov in NYC. I looked him up and he has a salon. 

Hard to believe a nyc stylist would do that to her hair. A decent stylist would add lowlights to her highlights and blend them for a more nuanced look. They’d also deep condition her over processed hair and add a gloss treatment. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

17 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Maria McCool should definitely request no more Shawn. However, so many hours of prime time programming, devoted to beauty, are during times when Shawn is on.

I remember hearing she went to the Saloon for something. It was back when she came out of there with this chopped look. And it was a white blond, almost gray look.

Just the other night, she name dropped (as usual), a man in NYC. She said she’d been talking or texting with him that day. And of course, it was during some other hair product vendor’s presentation. (Twaek’d guy maybe?) I can’t recall the name. But name dropping is a specialty of hers. She’s a schemer, I figure she’s courting the man to come to the Q with his products, if he has any. Name dropping him would maybe get her points. 

I've noticed how she operates. I think she wants Restoration Hardware to come sell their stuff on QVC. She mentions them often enough!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, BichonBoys said:

Calista should request that she not be the host for her products. 

I believe some of the OAP's have already requested Skunks not host their shows.  I don't know when I've seen her host IM, Kim Gravel, or Renee Goldstein.  (admittedly I don't watch the Q much)

If indeed OAP's are requesting Skunks not host their shows why doesn't that give the Q pause?  Idiots!

"Oh alright" we won't pair you with Skunks"  How about "Skunks we're getting too many requests from OAP's that don't want to work with you therefore you're fired!!!!

19 minutes ago, BichonBoys said:

Thanks!  Now I know who to never go to to or recommend.

Edited by The Moni
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

13 minutes ago, BichonBoys said:

That’s it!

7 minutes ago, lazyfaire said:

Hard to believe a nyc stylist would do that to her hair. A decent stylist would add lowlights to her highlights and blend them for a more nuanced look. They’d also deep condition her over processed hair and add a gloss treatment. 

No way, right? Unless he’s an out of work wig master for the theater district.

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I've noticed how she operates. I think she wants Restoration Hardware to come sell their stuff on QVC. She mentions them often enough!

Oh, that could be.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Moni said:

I believe some of the OAP's have already requested Skunks not host their shows.  I don't know when I've seen her host IM, Kim Gravel, or Renee Goldstein.  (admittedly I don't watch the Q much)

If indeed OAP's are requesting Skunks not host their shows why doesn't that give the Q pause?  Idiots!

"Oh alright" we won't pair you with Skunks"  How about "Skunks we're getting too many requests from OAP's that don't want to work with you therefore you're fired!!!!

Thanks!  Now I know who to never to to or recommend.

She presented a Kim Gravel Beauty eye makeup product last week, with Kim there on Skype. It wasn't a whole Belle Beauty show, just that one product.

• Like 1

So, am I dreaming all this then?  I remember an Instagram post of hers during this pandemic when she was getting her hair cut and then posted with a hashtag of Joe's My Salon location.  I also remember a lot of people here calling it some sort of conflict with her QVC job

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

So, am I dreaming all this then?  I remember an Instagram post of hers during this pandemic when she was getting her hair cut and then posted with a hashtag of Joe's My Salon location.  I also remember a lot of people here calling it some sort of conflict with her QVC job

I think you’re right. I remember her saying she went to the My Salon and had her “done”. As in cut and color.

It seemed like the color was very off, for her. Appeared to have to tone it done a bit within the next several weeks. I don’t know if you recall that.

• Like 3

Yep, I totally remember when she went to Joe's saloon last year and the colorist had on a crop top and tattoos in the picture.  Maybe Calista is big competition for her family business, hence the rivalry!!    

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

She needs a complete makeover. Eyes are way to dark for her hair and skin. The fake eyelashes look hideous. She is definitely a drama queen. 

• Like 4

Here's the pic at the Saloon last year!

20210203_160006.thumb.jpg.2599e7a21b5bf47836c39918b63f27ad.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

NYC. That's a long way to go, and probably a lot to pay, to look as shitty as she does. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 10

40 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

No Logo shows anymore       I think the divorce is final there.       No IM shows either 

I'd love to know what the final straw was with IM and Logo.  I don't think Logo ever enjoyed presenting with Skunks however I thought IM bought Skunks schick hook line and sinker.

Perhaps their sales dropped when Skunks hawked their crap...as we know it all comes down to $$.

She is definitely a drama queen.

That looks like a drag queen!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Well whatever stylist she goes to and wherever she goes, look at her hair - not much to work with - over processed and botched haircut.  Shave her head and start over- get a wig. Anything is better than what we are currently seeing. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, The Moni said:

I'd love to know what the final straw was with IM and Logo. 

Especially with IM! He and Skunks were work spouses for years; he seemed quite charmed with her. Even recently as a few months a ago they were still coming up with those inane stories about whatever woman was supposedly buying IM's latest concoction. (Didn't they have a name for that exercise? I've conveniently blocked it out.)

I dunno, if I ever wanted to work in fashion again, even tangentially, he's someone I'd want as a contact or a reference...

• Like 6

I don’t have a full grasp on algorithms or sales numbers of course, but there is a noticeable trend. On her qvc Facebook page, the comments are less and less. There are many voices stating objections to her appearance and behavior. Still there are the happy lackeys. But it’s evening out and the criticisms are left standing. When she posts a personal item, like a picture of loved ones or her feet by the fire (I’d like to hold her feet to the fire...and have her explain herself😅), those tend to get hundreds of comments. Mostly positive.

In my mind, the translation could be that QVC has directed their network to be more familiar and artificially inflated their hosts to be like talk show hosts or celebrity-like. In doing so, the sales may suffer for a few reasons. The economy and the pandemic aside, people are tuning in, but only to see the sparks and not necessarily to buy. We usually come here to snark and others are there to defend, but what focus on selling is really like - I don’t know...

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I didn’t realize she is no longer hosting Isaac!!!  😲😲😲.  That’s a biggie.

Someone mentioned that she dissed Maria’s product that you “clap” together while presenting another Maria product.  That is HORRIBLE!!!  And so unprofessional!

Just now, Thumper said:

Someone mentioned that she dissed Maria’s product that you “clap” together,  while presenting another Maria product.  That is HORRIBLE!!!  And so unprofessional!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, MisterShrug said:

It certainly seems to me that she has a real, venomous, passive-aggressive “thing” towards Maria. More than once, I’ve seen her act out while Maria is presenting a product, like she’s intentionally trying to undermine her/her product. Anti-selling behavior.

She took it to a new level last night.

She seems to really hate the Tarte OAP, too. Same undermining tactics—making extra background noise while the OAP is talking on full-screen. She got her again last night, too—and she wasn’t even presenting the product (Leah was).

Mrs. Shrug said she did something similar to Kim Gravel earlier in the show last night also. If that’s true, I’d pay cash money to hear the next call that Kim does with her POC at QVC. 😵

I can't imagine why she would undermine the Tarte OAP . . . 

1093438906_Screenshot2021-02-03at6_25_01PM.png.6e4faa48b320732d47e593f4d3cf1430.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

she dissed Maria’s product that you “clap” together while presenting another Maria product

Shawn said something like “I know Embellish is Maria’s star product but I’m a very tactile person and I think it’s just too sticky. This (new product) I really love!” 

I’ve never really been an HSN viewer, but I sometimes watch Beauty Report with Amy on Wednesdays. Her show is pleasant to watch compared to any Shawn beauty show...Amy doesn’t goggle at herself in that crazy mirror or pluck at her nose hairs...so the bar is set way low lol. 

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Someone mentioned that she dissed Maria’s product that you “clap” together while presenting another Maria product.  That is HORRIBLE!!!  And so unprofessional!

She actually said the other night, that she didn't like Calista's Embellish because it was too sticky. Calista/Maria was right there and momentarily looked stunned but glossed over it, like the professional that she is. It was during the hair powder presentation on Saturday night, in which Shawn massacred her "do" and pulled horrible faces while doing so. Is she TRYING to get fired? I can only assume Maria was unhappy with the presentation. Embarassing.

Edited by sauce62 · Reason: Lazyfaire- GMTA!
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Yes I heard her say that on that show too. That’s two times Shawn has blasted Maria’s, clap, clap Embellish product. I actually thought there was one more example recently. 

26 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

Calista/Maria was right there and momentarily looked stunned but glossed over it, like the professional that she is. It was during the hair powder

You’re so right there ^. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Especially with IM! He and Skunks were work spouses for years; he seemed quite charmed with her. Even recently as a few months a ago they were still coming up with those inane stories about whatever woman was supposedly buying IM's latest concoction. (Didn't they have a name for that exercise? I've conveniently blocked it out.)

I dunno, if I ever wanted to work in fashion again, even tangentially, he's someone I'd want as a contact or a reference...

"Let's paint a picture."

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Here's the pic at the Saloon last year!

20210203_160006.thumb.jpg.2599e7a21b5bf47836c39918b63f27ad.jpg

Thank you for this......with Covid, I swear I sometimes have these lapses of time where I don't know if it's something I dreamed about or if it's real!  Usually, it's stupid stuff, like feeding the cats or very task oriented stuff, since every day feels the same.  I was pretty sure I remembered this correctly, so I really appreciate you finding it!

• Like 4

The hosts seem so much more relaxed and happy working together tonight.  Quite a contrast to the Mon and Tues night split screens!

20210203_220119.thumb.jpg.bb59a2c3f71beeafbb7dbf6e888ffedb.jpg

• Like 8

Yeah, Shawn is a downer.  I can’t believe she gets away with laying (lying?  I always get them confused!) halfway down on the couch like that.  It shows a very disinterested body language and is an insult to her client, audience, and more professional coworkers.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

The hosts seem so much more relaxed and happy working together tonight.  Quite a contrast to the Mon and Tues night split screens!

And dressed and groomed appropriately to be on TV ! 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I saw the beginning of this show - Courtney and Jane were really working well together.  Courtney is really sweet when she's not with Shawn.  I don't mean to imply that she becomes "like Shawn", I think Shawn's personality and the way she makes everything about herself in such a negative way makes it difficult for any other host to have or show a personality.  Jane is pretty overpowering, too, yet she was complimentary and very sweet to Courtney.  It was fun to watch them for the few minutes I watched!

I didn't feel "cringey"!

• Like 11

Meanwhile back at the ranch . . .  Poor Teresa!! Having to get down on her knees for Ms. Entitled.  At least Skunk's giving her some business!!  Of course she's in her pjs. Her post is not clever. Had to make a few adjustments to post here!

20210203_222503.thumb.jpg.e71100dc09057d55c803b319b78f9ffa.jpg

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 5