Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

I think all that emoting on IG is just another passive aggressive way of showing off and thinking she's such a word acrobat.

Shawn is no more a "word acrobat' than a barfly is an oenophile.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

She just wants to remind her audience how much better/classier she is than the Q. Kinda obvi.

• Sad 5

Can someone please compile all the screenshots of the skunk and send them to Mike George with this simple message, "WTF?!"

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

I’m waiting for Caro and Shawn to co host. I’d like to see that go down.

i will make the popcorn!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Maybe we’ve been over this point before, but have Caro and Skunk ever been on a show together before? I don’t think they’re even in the building at the same time. 

Maybe Poor, Little Skunk Girl is waxing rhapsodic about her childhood dwelling because she’s hoping someone will take up the cause to notify the National Register of Historic Places. I’m sure she feels it worthy of Landmark status and should be designated by the Secretary of the Interior ASAP!

• Laugh 5

5A0358C9-7D21-4245-AD11-AEE073E099A3.thumb.jpeg.5747f08c27941f0cbfb323665d58c92c.jpeg

The family home is sold. The host wants you in on the sentimental journey. 

on the building: Killinger Hall

on the marker: The childhood home

of Shawn E. Killinger

a QVC employee

extraordinaire

and a true

national treasure

Edited by From Where I Sit
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Watching that video, though she acts the same, I'm amazed at how different she looks compared to now. Like two different people. I know that video was pre-pandemic, but it can't be that old.

As hard as it is to fathom today, in that video I can almost see what @Thumper said Mr. Thumper is seeing.

Almost. 😁

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 2

Throwback Thursday: Remember the last presentation of that green drink about 3 mos ago, Skunko said she needed a bathroom break on the air!  Keeping it classy as always!! Take a listen!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 3

15 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Thinking about her new host pic with Terri Conn!  Please don't tell me Terri is her next victim for paired hosts!?!?

I saw that pic and yelled “Run, Terri, Run”.  She’s too nice and likeable to be turned over to Skunk. 

• Like 7

I didn't see her piece on her house, but it's calculated to evoke sympathy and connection to the viewers, who are super emotional and sentimental

• Like 6

On 1/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, From Where I Sit said:

Her post about the house in Michigan...

254AF13D-3445-493B-8529-AE862651132D.thumb.jpeg.ac80c3d76ac09af2dffe8ab42ad8cc1c.jpeg

Omgosh who cares about this house! Does she keep anything to herself...I guess her Mom and her brother don't even get mentioned, her Dad would be real proud of her for that...NOT!

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

So the Killinger family had that house for 32 years. What happened to the house during the time Ford sent Mr. Killinger to work in Mexico? The family went with him. Did they rent out the house, and return to it when his assignment in Mexico ended? Or just close it up and leave it vacant while they were gone? Once in a while Shawn mentions living in Mexico. She must not have liked it, since she never tells any stories about her time there. That's surprising, since she is the queen of oversharing.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

254AF13D-3445-493B-8529-AE862651132D.thumb.jpeg.ac80c3d76ac09af2dffe8ab42ad8cc1c.jpeg

What a damn nut case . I come from a very close family of 6 siblings. When we get together , we talk about the good times we had as a FAMILY. I have never heard anyone talk about a house like it was a family member. 

• Like 4

Wonder if she wrote all over the walls and mirrors in her parent's home too the artist that she is?  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 6

1 minute ago, From Where I Sit said:

Is everyone able to view the last two YouTube videos that have been posted here?

I didn't have a problem. 

B91D59C6-04E8-4CAA-8FF9-BC3E88770969.jpeg.6a1cc9df77a216ce7afef5097e6ab621.jpeg

Shawn says, “Accessorize”!

Hey, Kates! It’s me, Shawn. I’m gonna help you with your zoom face, ok? 

Don't wear things that will be distracting. Watch for glare on your lenses, if you need glasses. What are you...38, 39 years old? I’m 48.

For that special Zoom Face, don’t forget to comb your hair (and wash it). Check for fly aways. No extreme hairdos.

[zoom face! only from the neck up! these times we’re living in! Maskne!]

• Laugh 8

Looking more closely at her house pics. What's with the black skull on the end table? Definitely giving off The Munsters vibes 1313 Mockingbird Lane!! And that door, while nice, it looks like Herman Munster is going to come crashing through it!!

20210128_165213.thumb.jpg.a9dfd0dc8f4c4e3ac7ac59f31f6c5f9d.jpg

1090971310_Screenshot2021-01-28at5_04_47PM.png.45136b1830ef5e6075c2dec9aa4d7747.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

Is everyone able to view the last two YouTube videos that have been posted here?

Yep, I was able to watch them!

2 hours ago, Friday said:

I love watching her "dance" in this clip.

That was great!

"You get these tools on this side and then on this side" - she slips and almost takes out the Christmas tree - "you get these tools"

How about she just makes this statement:  "I am a tool!"

12 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Looking more closely at her house pics. What's with the black skul on the end table? Definitely giving off The Munsters vibes 1313 Mockingbird Lane!! And that door, while nice, it looks like Herman Munster is going to come crashing through it!!

20210128_165213.thumb.jpg.a9dfd0dc8f4c4e3ac7ac59f31f6c5f9d.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't make it past the disgustingly dirty windows to notice anything else!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

I've said this before:  Shawn feels the need to put forth the idea that she comes from a family of means.

Was it necessary to add #grossepointe to the photo?  Why show the number part of the address?

Seems like a tease so we should check out the snazzy digs where she grew up.

Early on, she had to let us know that her father was a high level executive for a major car company.  She could have just said she lived in Mexico because of her dad's job.

Nothing she says, does, has, or had impresses me.  Actually, quite the opposite.

And yes, those crusty windows were disgusting.  Perhaps she thought they would lend an old money feel, a la Grey Gardens, with their neglected haziness.

• Like 8

Oh yes, thank you. That’s the picture I had, but I thought maybe there more. Thanks again - 😊

That is a very tony area in Michigan. There are so many beautiful homes as in “stately, Wayne manner.”

So weird though, to show everyone this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Oh yes, thank you. That’s the picture I had, but I thought maybe there more. Thanks again - 😊

That is a very tony area in Michigan. There are so many beautiful homes as in “stately, Wayne manner.”

So weird though, to show everyone this.

I agree.  More for a personal page, which she doesn't seem to have.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

that is a beautiful tudor from the 20's 

I find it interesting there are no pictures of the interior on any of the listings showing the property.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

I find it interesting there are no pictures of the interior on any of the listings showing the property.

it's sold so perhaps they are gone? probably needs a reno,

i

• Like 4

On 1/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, From Where I Sit said:

If that was written by anyone else I would find it touching. but with her I assume she just got one of the social media interns at QVC to write it.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

13ECB4CE-7505-4D44-A5A0-785809303171.jpeg.c3b99880c2895f829326d564aae3a64a.jpeg

She has personified, anthropomorphized the house her mother sold. It is so unsettling to read her thoughts. She’s 48 years old and last lived there...when? Is this for a creative writing course? 

It’s what the words and phrases say about her and how she frames herself on social media. It’s all self-promotion, all the time. A true opportunist, this one.

Her mini diary:

• I grew up with you
  • I went to prom with you
  • I cried over my first love with you (in a closet 🧐)
  • I snuck a smoke with you
  • I freaked out over your centipedes

Over-romanticizes her dad:

• Down the hall, where he sits in his study, in his fine Corinthian leather chair (It was a dark and stormy night...)
  • His desk piled high with stacks (stacks!) of bills and receipts
  • Chewing his cigar, drinking his lemonade and coke, “always within reach” (how big was this desk?)
  • That office, where we found this old school swashbuckling photo?! (Errol Flynn, don’t give up your day job.)
  • The neon bright cardinal (it couldn’t be just a cardinal or a bright cardinal?)

She finishes with a fond farewell. She, alas, bids the property, Adieu! But not without having name-dropped several things. Like, CBS and Grosse Pointe for instance. Oh! Parting is such sweet sorrow. Oh, the melodrama! Oh, and all for the attention of her minions! Oh, the new owners only had to buy the place for $850,000 bucks, on Easy Pay. Forgive me, whilst I swoon!

PS

But she did paint those garage doors! She hopes the new caretakers will fill the house with love and joy and warmth [and paint and wash the windows and...]

If these walls could talk...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

It’s what the words and phrases say about her and how she frames herself on social media. It’s all self-promotion, all the time. A true opportunist, this one.

Her mini diary:

• I grew up with you
  • I went to prom with you
  • I cried over my first love with you (in a closet 🧐)
  • I snuck a smoke with you
  • I freaked out over your centipedes

Over-romanticizes her dad:

• Down the hall, where he sits in his study, in his fine Corinthian leather chair (It was a dark and stormy night...)
  • His desk piled high with stacks (stacks!) of bills and receipts
  • Chewing his cigar, drinking his lemonade and coke, “always within reach” (how big was this desk?)
  • That office, where we found this old school swashbuckling photo?! (Errol Flynn, don’t give up your day job.)
  • The neon bright cardinal (it couldn’t be just a cardinal or a bright cardinal?

If these walls could talk...

Oh, I do love a good vivisection of a self-pitying/self-aggrandizing public love letter to a pile of rocks!

Shawn no doubt imagines herself as the second Mrs. de Winter, waxing rhapsodic over the wonders of Manderley before... well, you know.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, From Where I Sit said:

His desk piled high with stacks (stacks!) of bills and receipts

378FFC4E-F8FD-4ED0-8B0F-BF66F8CBC5BD.jpeg.335d77e338d24078efa9afc1f4e83f98.jpeg

Poor Dad. Too much Easy Pay temptation? 

• Laugh 7

Lady Shallow, was describing yet another friend’s after work habit of removing all clothing in the garage. Before she explained the full story, she had to step around the display table and came out into full view for the full effect. When she uttered, “she gets home and while she’s still in the garage, she strips...”  And of course, at the words, “she strips”, Skunky is in full view and makes a sweeping gesture down her body to punctuate the stripping off of clothes. She manipulates the visual for that - I am convinced.

Stepping out in full view and the flourish down her body while she says, “she strips”, all help with her so called fans.

8A72BC43-2330-4A3F-9C94-06C72849BC2C.jpeg.ddc868335260b65a5007e077f1e6ad72.jpeg

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 4

Shawn:  "If Dr. Seuss planted a flower garden..." to describe the floral pattern on a Vera Bradley makeup case.

🙄

Back to Dateline and the killer grandma on the run....

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 9

Is Shawn’s friend a doctor or nurse in a Covid unit?  I know people who do the same before entering their home.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 3

Well, she’s in the medical field. That’s why her friend removes all clothing and shoes in the garage before entering the home. My point is just that it’s this kind of story where Shawn highlights the word “strip” and the motion of stripping to be provocative to viewers. To me, she’s transparent in her attempt to suggest, to coax the viewer to imagining her, Shawn, stripping out of her clothes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I totally agree with you. It is all about her.  She does this weird thing with her mouth every view minutes. Her hair is yellow and her makeup is orange. She totally needs a makeover. Get rid of the wild over-sized glasses. She tries to over describe whatever product she is presenting which makes her look so stupid. She is overkill on everything. 

• Like 5

So funny. I was just watching her on mute. She was acting very flirtatious towards tweaked guy. Everything she does is for maximum male attention. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 4

And now for the new day’s special value presentation, she must have run to her office and grabbed the first blazer she could. She threw it on over the loose (yes, it’s actually loose) pajama top and scrunched up the sleeves of the blazer to expose the vibrant yellow sleeve of the shirt. Wow, she’s a fashion magician!

This is an earlier shot at her magic mirror for her beauty show.5423DF61-6841-470D-9923-7A0602F2A5D9.jpeg.c0578dbbad15b794950756140e5a3646.jpeg

• Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

I guess she couldn’t get to the phone booth salon and get her hair washed before her shift. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2