Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

41 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

I didn't see, but from what I gathered from the comments above, sounds like she tried to pull a Leah on him and get him out of his comfort zone.

I was wondering if anyone watched and could verify? 

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was wondering if anyone watched and could verify? 

I watched it, and I can verify it. She even said at the beginning of the show that they were going to talk about Jason's life before he became a designer. So he talked about growing up in Taiwan, moving to Canada with his mother as an adolescent, and then moving to Maine. He and Shawn were joking about his life in Maine being the reason why he liked to design cable knit sweaters. (What's the connection? Cold winters in Maine = everybody wears cable knit sweaters? Like L.L. Bean sweaters?)

• Useful 2

Another example of her negative marketing technique, this time more extreme than most of Shawn's blather. It was also very confusing. In the introduction to the Holi-Yays show, she said "I’m gonna bring you the newest foundation that I’m obsessed over and I’m ordering."

But during the Bare Minerals foundation presentation, I was surprised to hear Shawn state flatly that she does not use the product. Of course we are always snarking on the hosts for claiming they use every cosmetic product they present, but when one actually says no, she doesn't use it, it's a jolt. I think Shawn didn't need to say that, not so bluntly. She could have just said that she had not used it before but decided to try it now. Later she had to say she is always "unabashedly honest." So at least I got a good laugh out of it. "Honest" is not one of the things that comes to mind when I think about her.

She also shot a little poison arrow at her husband because he didn't help her put up the Christmas trees. (Yes, plural trees.)

A397008  bareMinerals Original Liquid Mineral Foundation Auto-Delivery

Shawn 4:10: America, this is the foundation I am ordering that replaces, for me, like, a myriad of things in my daily wardrobe during a time when we’re already living so casually...  [that was a big word salad!]

Shawn 6:00: So I just wanna show everybody, over a thousand of these ordered, and I’ll be honest, because I always am, unabashedly, especially with Jessica [the OAP]. I actually don’t use Bare Minerals foundation, even though it’s a global best seller, all the awards, I mean crazy-crazy, the most famous thing they make. This is my shade [points to container] of Bare Minerals loose powder foundation. Medium beige. [Picks up bottle and squirts some liquid foundation on her hand] This is my shade of Bare Minerals, not loose powder, but now turned into a liquid, but not the kind of liquid that most brands have to add a ton of chemicals to give you coverage and color payoff. But also, Jess, just explain to everybody, [interrupts herself] I mean, look at that! [the back of her hand with the foundation applied] That is ridiculous!  So gorgeous.

It feels like I’m putting on skin care serum, but I’m actually in one swipe covering up all the scratches I got yesterday putting up the Christmas trees all by myself, weeee, weeee, wee-wee! [sings and makes sad violin playing motions] Um, but please explain to everybody, prickly pear, peptides, and just real quick update on the shades… [they talk about the product]

misc pics Shawn Killinger face Bare Minerals foundation 1 11-13-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

She did a big honking leg lift to show the Skechers boots that were coming up in the show. This is not in the product video, but you can see it on her Facebook video of the entire Shawn's Holi-Yays show. It's near the beginning, at about 0:41.

In the actual product video on the QVC site, A385965  Skechers On the GO City 2 Suede Boots - Winter Fling, she spent the whole presentation lolling about on the bed, but did not hoist her legs up in the air again.

misc pics Shawn Killinger leg lift shoes Skechers boots 1 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger leg lift shoes Skechers boots 2 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger leg lift shoes Skechers boots 3 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Skechers boots 1 feet on bed 11-13-20.jpg

• Surprise 8
  • Sad 2

Nose wipe at 0:19 H224790 Berkshire Blanket 60"x70" Tipped Velvet Soft Laser Cut Throw

She repeated a story I've heard several times before about how she once gave an elderly neighbor man an anonymous gift of a Berkshire blanket. She trots this story out often when she sells Berkshire. We will probably hear it a few more times during this holiday season.

Shawn, beginning of video: Today actually is World Kindness Day, so I wanted to share a story with you, since this whole two hours is very personal to me. I used to have a neighbor, Mr. Simpson. He was in his 90s. I kind of adopted him one holiday season. [wipes nose] He didn’t know I did this, but I decorated his front porch, and I left him a Berkshire blanket, throw blanket, as a gift. Now, obviously given his age, and I could see him every day, taking his daily hobbling walk around our development. So I knew that there were a lot of, kind of, pastimes that he wasn’t participating in, and his life was probably a little simple and more home-based. I immediately thought, yeah, but who doesn’t love a gift of a hug and a little bit of cozy, and in this case Berkshire bringing you a first look, brand new, this is an invitation for whoever you give it to, to take care of yourself, to slow down and stop, and to stay warm and relaxed, and in this I will say, um, it’s a 60 by 70 velvet soft, velvet soft, ever Berkshire blanket, 25 years in the making… [talks about product]

misc pics Shawn Killinger nose wipe Berkshire blanket throw 1 elderly neighbor story 11-13-20.jpg

• Like 3
  • Surprise 3

Shawn justifies the one-for-you, one-for-me approach to Christmas shopping. From the introduction to the Holi-Yays show on her Facebook video:

“You’ve probably heard the expression “happy wife, happy life.” I’m taking a holiday twist on it. Happy giver, happy gifted. Now that means that while I’m busy shopping for people I love, I also need to be happy in the process. And that’s not selfish, that’s just, I’ve earned it, and so have you. [laughs and mumbles something] So for every gift I buy, I’m treating myself too. And so coming up, two hours of Shawn’s Holi-Yays…”

misc pics Shawn Killinger Holi-Yay show intro 1 11-13-20.jpg

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

Making silly back-and-forth washy-washy motions when mentioning the sanitizer unit she’ll be showing. “We have a portable sanitizer, it just kills the germs wherever you go.” But in the presentation, you see that the thing does not make any movements. It just sits there and uses UV-C light to clean small objects you put inside. (It sold out, by the way.)

misc pics Shawn Killinger sanitizer unit 1 wishy washy motions 11-13-20.jpg

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, mpeeps said:

For me I only watch Shawn for shock value and to read and post about it here.  And I can barely get through an entire show that's how played out and bad she's gotten.  Her antics are boring me now.  There is no more comedic value at this point.  Only when we break it down of course! 😉

I started watching her tonight and as soon as she turned her ass up to the camera to show her shoes I turned the channel. She left her ass, etc in the air for a while and I thought, she’s doing that because she thinks it will piss us off!  Maybe we can get her fired by making her do even more outrageous stuff for us?  Just a thought 🤪

21 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

This looks like the ugly hat Shawn has been wearing in her home videos, although hers is a different color and appears to be sherpa instead of faux fur.

A529437 AREA STARS Faux Fur Trapper Hat, $48.00

misc pics QVC fashion hat ugly trapper style faux fur 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger hat trapper faux fur hat ugly 1 11-12-20.jpg

Could she look any goofier?  Any dorkier?  Any less professional?  No.  She could not 

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Jason Wu show.

"I ordered this jacket in both colors."

"I'm wearing the XXS."

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket satin back Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

Yeah, fuck yeah. You just keep telling yourself that Shawn. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 10

She used her parents in two presentations, mainly her father.

E233776  Rush Charge 3-in-1 4000mAh Portable Chargers for Android & Apple

Shawn 0:28: Again, I personally love a practical present. My mom, growing up, not so much. She used to tell my dad, “Please, don’t get me a blender, or I might have to call an attorney,” or a vacuum, which funnily enough he did this whole scavenger hunt where he bought her a diamond ring, but he attached it with string to a vacuum cleaner, so she thought that was the gift. Oh, Dad!

By the way, speaking of my dad, his birthday, 83, would have been tomorrow, no, day after tomorrow. So we have something, just for my dad and anyone else that loves Ford Mustangs in the show. [She meant the Ford Mustang-branded turntable/radio.] But back to, if they have a cellphone, or any modern technology, if they have a Kindle or a laptop, or a gaming, or whatever, that needs a little portable charging, welcome to your portable wall outlet… [talks about product]

E233309  ION Audio Ford Mustang LP Classic Car-Styled Turntable

Shawn, beginning of video: So, I’m really excited for the next item. I swear, I see my dad all over the place lately. Dad on Sunday would have been 83. He worked for the Ford for forty years. The Ford Mustang, other than the Thunderbird, is probably the most famous car for that brand. And now they, Ford, have tamed up with Ion Audio in what is just a total throwback novelty item, officially licensed by the Ford Motor Company, with that telltale Mustang. This is a turntable… [talks about product features]

Shawn 0:57: The appeal, if you are a muscle car [fan], or have someone on your list who loves muscle cars, certainly Mustangs, like my dad had a black Mustang, and once he passed away and we had to start clearing out my mom and dad’s house, the black Mustang that was my dad’s is now my husband Joe’s. We have taken over and are going to give it as much care and TLC as my dad did. So Mustangs are near and dear to my heart and my dad’s, and this is the black choice or the red choice… [talks about product]

[We had already heard this story the last time she presented the Mustang turntable.]

misc pics Shawn Killinger charger portable 1 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger radio Mustang 1 11-13-20.jpg

• Surprise 6

I'll take Shawn's stories over Jane Treacy's any day.

(I don't want to hear ANY hosts stories, but apparently they HAVE to tell stories. UGH.)

Edited by selhars
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Shawn justifies the one-for-you, one-for-me approach to Christmas shopping. From the introduction to the Holi-Yays show on her Facebook video:

“You’ve probably heard the expression “happy wife, happy life.” I’m taking a holiday twist on it. Happy giver, happy gifted. Now that means that while I’m busy shopping for people I love, I also need to be happy in the process. And that’s not selfish, that’s just, I’ve earned it, and so have you. [laughs and mumbles something] So for every gift I buy, I’m treating myself too. And so coming up, two hours of Shawn’s Holi-Yays…”

misc pics Shawn Killinger Holi-Yay show intro 1 11-13-20.jpg

Yeah, honey, that is the ultimate in selfishness.  The joy is supposed to be in the giving, not buying presents for others so you can fill up your closets.  I have to say I am appalled, not only at her thoughts, but that she really thinks this is ok.  I am not sure she really understands what Christmas, and the Three Wise Men, is all about.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, selhars said:

QVC: I love Shawn! After David Venable SHE is the host I can watch the most! I love that she is so comfortable on air.

I'll certainly take her any say over Blabby and her endless irrelevant stories, yeah and her -- IMO -- fake giggly smile

Oh me too! Don't you love those snotty little nose wipes on the back of her hand?  Then when she shows us her tiny xxs size 2 behind?  Completely adorbs.  I love that she feels free enough to expose her crotch to the camera. 👍

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Taffy Apple said:

I’ve earned it, and so have you. [laughs and mumbles something] So for every gift I buy, I’m treating myself too. And so coming up, two hours of Shawn’s Holi-Yays…”

they like that "women do so much for others" schtick so no it's time to treat yo self shit

• Like 8

10 hours ago, CandyApple said:

And just because you might have worn a size 2 at one point, it doesn't seem like you do now, so don't say you do.  It's misleading and unhelpful.

It's also unfair and potentially damaging to the OAP because it makes their product look unflattering as hell and poorly fitting.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I didn't see, but from what I gathered from the comments above, sounds like she tried to pull a Leah on him and get him out of his comfort zone.

For fuck's sake, they call it the COMFORT zone for a reason! Is there any good reason why he can't stay there? Is Shawn not clever enough to adjust her sales pitch so that it works with OAPs who are a bit more shy and reserved? Apparently not. Untalented bully.

1 hour ago, Taffy Apple said:

Yeah, honey, that is the ultimate in selfishness.  The joy is supposed to be in the giving, not buying presents for others so you can fill up your closets.  I have to say I am appalled, not only at her thoughts, but that she really thinks this is ok.  I am not sure she really understands what Christmas, and the Three Wise Men, is all about.

Haven't you heard? THINGS make Shawn happy.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

What an ass ! ( In more ways than one ). 🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Ode to Shawn

DE615761-1386-4206-85D5-CC1F0971A889.gif.d746ab721dabe5e1ca0124ca1f080d03.gif

Oh, as my love walks from me to take her leave

She glides as if upon silk, gently stepping

Drifting smoothly, as if in a whisper

See her there! As she ambles with such grace

See how mild and lovely is her form

Though in a direction away from me

Comforted am I to know that soon she will return

And not forth, but toward me she will walk

Treading lightly like the tap, tap of my beating heart

Or the drip, drip of a slowing stream of water - she glistens

Steady and without effort, it seems

Her stride is grace personified

🤣😂🤣

7EFD5DD8-1F96-49A5-ADC2-571CEB8631E4.gif.d5d93d5fd6c25cdc3eb63c02fd02117e.gif

• Laugh 12

40 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Ode to Shawn

DE615761-1386-4206-85D5-CC1F0971A889.gif.d746ab721dabe5e1ca0124ca1f080d03.gif

Oh, as my love walks from me to take her leave

She glides as if upon silk, gently stepping

Drifting smoothly, as if in a whisper

See her there! As she ambles with such grace

See how mild and lovely is her form

Though in a direction away from me

Comforted am I to know that soon she will return

And not forth, but toward me she will walk

Treading lightly like the tap, tap of my beating heart

Or the drip, drip of a slowing stream of water - she glistens

Steady and without effort, it seems

Her stride is grace personified

🤣😂🤣

7EFD5DD8-1F96-49A5-ADC2-571CEB8631E4.gif.d5d93d5fd6c25cdc3eb63c02fd02117e.gif

"See how mild and lovely is her form." "Mild" and "lovely" are not words I would ever associate with Skunk.

• Laugh 7

Shawn:  "I can't remember the last time I brushed consistently manually."  Then she complained about getting cavities.

So you're more likely to brush your teeth on a regular basis with an electric toothbrush?  Why?

Shouldn't the goal be just to brush them consistently with any implement meant for tooth hygiene, so as not to get cavities?

This person is really weird and annoying.  I can't imagine being friends with her.  I'd probably ghost her.

As a child, I had a Fred Flintstone electric toothbrush.  The holder/charger was his car.  I didn't like it.

Pretty sure they've come a long way since that stone age version, but I like a manual brush just fine.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.cd91614eed9e9e85a3ee0e1627876315.jpg

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

There' is just too much going on here.  A cluttered mess from wall to wall, floor to ceiling and head to toe.  Of course, there's wine, pjs, scarf and hat.  Now a humidifier like she's home sick with the flu???????

451510531_Screenshot2020-11-14at9_19_12PM.png.57057a0477368717eb745eebd3be3df4.png928621104_Screenshot2020-11-14at9_19_47PM.png.40206e9d49cc5861a7ca1df61491065a.png

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 2

CoKo just said Shawn is an inspiration to us all!! She was the first to be herself and take her makeup off on the air.  She's allowed us to see her on much deeper level!  All over this darn ring!  

@Coffeecup  This ring presentation definitely needs transcribing!  It's that cringey and pathetic.  Shawn is such a sorry ass loser! She's clearly trying to manipulate people. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

The napkin ring ring!

It looks to me to be a soulless representation of a cigar band ring - no joke intended.

The saying is unavailing. Hear My Soul Speak, four words that are posing as “inspiration”, while in reality are meaningless.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

The napkin ring ring!

It looks to me to be a soulless representation of a cigar band ring - no joke intended.

The saying is unavailing. Hear My Soul Speak, four words that are posing as “inspiration”, while in reality are meaningless.

I'll try to do that later tonight. It was excruciating, wasn't it? She said she was a hot mess until she was 41, at which time she decided to quit trying to be someone she was not, and just be herself.. Guess what, Shawn, the real you is still a hot mess.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

18 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

CoKo just said Shawn is an inspiration to us all!! She was the first to be herself and take her makeup off on the air.  She's allowed us to see her on much deeper level!  All over this darn ring!  

@Coffeecup  This ring presentation definitely needs transcribing!  It's that cringey and pathetic.  Shawn is such a sorry ass loser! Especially a person her age!

I'll try to do that later tonight. She said she was a hot mess until she was 41, when she decided to quit trying to be someone she was not, and just be herself.  Well, that didn't work, did it?  Seven years later, she's still a hot mess.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 6

She's hit rock bottom if you ask me!! It's been a downward spiral for too long apparently. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

Well. She finally did it. She’s been threatening for a while. Little bully that she is. But she finally got her way. Jerk!

She searched on air for and got an old picture of Courtney, obviously looking very different. While presenting an tablet, she did this and then turned it around for all “America” to see. When Courtney realized what she was about to do, then saw the picture Skunky had selected (a few actually, in a collage), she directed the cameras not to go in close for a shot.
450DA5F3-77DA-40CF-9241-BB9C7B8E8FBF.jpeg.1e788a5907892ebd6717c9fc12f74034.jpeg

What a jerk Killinger is. And what a colossal nerve! Courtney tried to retaliate, but it didn’t go anywhere when she prompted Siri to find a picture of Killinger on The Apprentice. Ya happy now, Shawn?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 10

44 minutes ago, From Where I Sit said:

Well. She finally did it. She’s been threatening for a while. Little bully that she is. But she finally got her way. Jerk!

She searched on air for and got an old picture of Courtney, obviously looking very different. While presenting an tablet, she did this and then turned it around for all “America” to see. When Courtney realized what she was about to do, then saw the picture Skunky had selected (a few actually, in a collage), she directed the cameras not to go in close for a shot.
450DA5F3-77DA-40CF-9241-BB9C7B8E8FBF.jpeg.1e788a5907892ebd6717c9fc12f74034.jpeg

What a jerk Killinger is. And what a colossal nerve! Courtney tried to retaliate, but it didn’t go anywhere when she prompted Siri to find a picture of Killinger on The Apprentice. Ya happy now, Shawn?

That was just despicably awful. But, of course, not the least bit surprising.

Starting at the 9:30 mark in the product video linked below: she said, “This is Courtney’s authentic self.” 😡

I wish CoKo would have picked up the Amazon Fire Tablet and demonstrated it by saying, "Alexa, show me Shawn Killinger's on-air marriage proposal..."

E234522 Amazon-Fire-10"-32G-Tablet-with-Software-and-Case-Voucher

Edited by MisterShrug · Reason: Had to add the obnoxious SK quote and time marker
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2

Shawn just screwed up a promotion. She didn't do a formal presentation of the wreath hangers, H214175 Set of 8 Magic Glass Wreath Hangers by Valerie, but she promoted them briefly while a short video of the hangers was shown. They are hooks with a clear adhesive backing, which you can stick on a window or mirror. She uses these hangers, and she said "I don't care how big or heavy they [your wreaths] are, these will work."

Stop, Shawn! Wrong!  On the Q website product details, it says "supports up to 8 lbs."  She is misinforming customers who may be sitting at home with a 10-pound wreath and ordering these hangers, thinking that because Shawn said it didn't matter how heavy the wreath was, these hangers would hold it.

Why does she not bother to prepare for her shows, so she would have known something basic like this?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1