Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I feel badly for Joe. Not that the woman is the only one that has to make an effort in a relationship, but does she ever try to look pretty (or even just normal) in her everyday life ? I forget who said it here, but she is always either in her overdone drag queen makeup or is a total slob. I'm just imagining Joe watching that host at home video and thinking why is she dressing and behaving that way ? For a WORK video ? 

She has some cockamamie idea that looking like an ugly slob on your social media is "real."  Whatever the hell she thinks "real" is.

I would rather see a Kardashian in five pounds of makeup, a wig, and ten pounds of fake boobs gazing at her selfies on social media than see barefaced Shawn scampering around her black-walled home in sloppy pajamas, Bigfoot camp socks, hiddy glasses, and an even hiddy-er hat. At least the Kardashian made an effort.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 10

50 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

She has some cockamamie idea that looking like an ugly slob on your social media is "real."  Whatever the hell she thinks "real" is.

I would rather see a Kardashian in five pounds of makeup, a wig, and ten pounds of fake boobs gazing at her selfies on social media than see barefaced Shawn scampering around her black-walled home in sloppy pajamas, Bigfoot camp socks, hiddy glasses, and an even hiddy-er hat. At least the Kardashian made an effort.

I hear you and agree, but, please, surely we can find someone else besides a Kartrashian to replace Shawn?  LOL!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

this 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I hear you and agree, but, please, surely we can find someone else besides a Kartrashian to replace Shawn?  LOL!

How about Dolly Parton? She's posted a lot of lovely pictures on her Instagram.

• Like 2

This looks like the ugly hat Shawn has been wearing in her home videos, although hers is a different color and appears to be sherpa instead of faux fur.

A529437 AREA STARS Faux Fur Trapper Hat, $48.00

misc pics QVC fashion hat ugly trapper style faux fur 11-13-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger hat trapper faux fur hat ugly 1 11-12-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 3

OAB

someone wrote that SK is presenting the new Jason Wu line

G-d  help us ,   will she be in PJs and the Fakakta hat

Edited by hummingbird
  • Laugh 9

I saw Jason Wu on with Katrina and Basso last night. He seemed a little nervous. Soft spoken. But Katrina was so professional and showed the utmost respect for him as a designer. She modeled his pleather trench coat well. She was dressed nice, looked chic and sophisticated and didn't kiss designer a$$.  Jason Wu worshipped Basso and maybe seemed intimidated for some reason. They were all having a good time. No name dropping, painting pictures, scenarios, multiple layering, no pjs, wine, weird angles, cringey moments, laying down, bending over with back to camera, no rearranging the set or bullying.  Basically no filler distractions to detract away from the product and presentations. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 13

This is why QVC astounds me.  They get a line by a relevant designer like Jason Wu, they have Katrina Szish who is of that "world" and is professional, yet they let a host like Shawn "launch the line". 

Maybe Katrina enjoys or even prefers the wee-hours-of-the-morning time slot that QVC has given her?  They better hope so, else she ends up leaving to follow her dream, going the way of Courtney Webb.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This is why QVC astounds me.  They get a line by a relevant designer like Jason Wu, they have Katrina Szish who is of that "world" and is professional, yet they let a host like Shawn "launch the line". 

Maybe Katrina enjoys or even prefers the wee-hours-of-the-morning time slot that QVC has given her?  They better hope so, else she ends up leaving to follow her dream, going the way of Courtney Webb.

Ugh. I'd rather watch Shawn than Szish. At least there's some comedic value in Shawn.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes, but there's is def a pecking order there,  on who gets to do what,  not which host might present an item better.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Yes, but there's is def a pecking order there,  on who gets to do what,  not which host might present an item better.

Lots of office politics and infighting, I'll bet. And we know who the chief backstabber is.

• Like 8

For me I only watch Shawn for shock value and to read and post about it here.  And I can barely get through an entire show that's how played out and bad she's gotten.  Her antics are boring me now.  There is no more comedic value at this point.  Only when we break it down of course! 😉

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 14

23 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

And that was the crux of my post, at least I thought so

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

For me I only watch Shawn for shock value and to read and post about it here.  And I can barely get through an entire show that's how played out and bad she's gotten.  Her antics are boring me now.  There is no more comedic value at this point.  Only when we break it down of course! 😉

I can't watch her at all

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

Ugh. I'd rather watch Shawn than Szish. At least there's some comedic value in Shawn.

Not me.  I have Netflix for comedy.  I can't even watch when Shawn is on anymore.....maybe when the world calms down a bit I'll be able to, but for now, it's just not my cup of tea!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Not me.  I have Netflix for comedy.  I can't even watch when Shawn is on anymore.....maybe when the world calms down a bit I'll be able to, but for now, it's just not my cup of tea!

Well in general I don't watch as much as I used it. I've worked at home since 2002 and would always keep QVC on in the background because i liked the sound of people talking (and it wasn't distracting like news). Over time I started finding it entertaining in an odd way. I even got my sister-in-law into it for a while. She'd come visit and would ask "Is Quacker Factory on tonight" and we'd all watch briefly while chatting about other things. It was sort of like having a radio on. But over the last year or so I've really lost interest. I still mostly come here to complain just as a break from reading news sites and getting depressed 🙂

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Captain Bob said:

She'd come visit and would ask "Is Quacker Factory on tonight" and we'd all watch briefly while chatting about other things. It was sort of like having a radio on. But over the last year or so I've really lost interest. I still mostly come here to complain just as a break from reading news sites and getting depressed 🙂

I can't remember the last time I saw Quacker Factory in the program guide.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

1 minute ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

I can't remember the last time I saw Quacker Factory in the program guide.

Just took a peek and for the next 3 weeks QF has two live shows, both next Wednesday:  2-3 a.m. EST and 9-11 a.m. EST.  Hope Angel has a carafe of coffee standing by, because that's weird scheduling.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

16 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The Chappelle Show used to have a segment called "When keeping it real goes wrong"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

I agree with so many of these points. 
I’m catching up.

Shawn didn’t read the fine print about keepin it real. The part about the mathematical ratio of keepin it real is better than 7 to 1 in favor of well kept to slob-ola. 

in my mind, 7 pics should show you looking good, looking fine and “appropriate”, and maybe the next picture  could be a little super casual, but not super idiotic. 

She’s totally flipped that and maybe doesn’t even include a decent photo to offset the crazy, slovenly ones  

• Like 7

On the Jason Wu tuxedo jacket, Shawn says, "I bought both of them in a size 2"

Who effin' cares what size she is?  She fastened the jacket and it looks horrible on her, obviously too small.

Damn.  I try and tune in and can't even make it 2 minutes before I'm disgusted! 

30 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Jason Wu show.

"I ordered this jacket in both colors."

"I'm wearing the XXS."

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket satin back Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

Sorry!  I just posted the same thing, after you!  I saw your picture o the hoodies and didn't read your comment before I posted mine!

• Like 4

Hard to see in this dark color, but this is the size 2 tuxedo jacket. It separates widely at the bottom, and the waist button is straining terribly, way too small. There is a matching pair of ankle tuxedo pants which she also says she's wearing in a size 2.

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket tuxedo Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

"I'm wearing the XXS."  The Wu cable knit sweater must be oversized. That is no XXS.

BY the way, during the jumpsuit presentation, Jason says he tries on all the women's clothes he designs, because he wants to experience them. I don't think Shawn asked him about that. If I remember correctly, he volunteered the information.

misc pics Shawn Killinger sweater cable Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

"I'm wearing the XXS."  The Wu cable knit sweater must be oversized. That is no XXS. 

misc pics Shawn Killinger sweater cable Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

🙄
She is a walking gaslight.
If she is a size 2/XXS in all of these clothes, then I'm Bradley Cooper.
Sorry, Shawn. We can both keep saying it as much as we want, but people with eyes know the truth.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

When Shawn was saying her goodbyes to Jason, she told him he was kind of quiet (on this show), and he needed to work on that. Who does she think she is, to say that to a vendor? Especially one who is a well-known, successful designer?

They were sucking up to each other.

Shawn, at end of show: “You are a treat and a pleasure.”

Jason: “I adore you, Shawn.”

misc pics Shawn Killinger sweater cable Jason Wu 2 11-13-20.jpg

• Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Hard to see in this dark color, but this is the size 2 tuxedo jacket. It separates widely at the bottom, and the waist button is straining terribly, way too small. There is a matching pair of ankle tuxedo pants which she also says she's wearing in a size 2.

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket tuxedo Jason Wu 1 11-13-20.jpg

That is at least 3 sizes too small.

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

She showed one Wu stretchy sweater blazer and said she was glad it didn't have shoulder pads. Jason agreed, saying "Who needs shoulder pads?" So, you guessed it, a couple of items later she presented another Wu sweater blazer that did have shoulder pads. Neither of them dissed the shoulder pads then. Damn it, people, make up your minds.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 4

Just because you can get your arms through the sleeves doesn't mean you are wearing the proper size.

And just because you might have worn a size 2 at one point, it doesn't seem like you do now, so don't say you do.  It's misleading and unhelpful.

Instead of "stuck on stupid", Shawn is stuck on size.  Well, I guess she can be both.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Sounds like she was bullying Jason Wu to me!  I knew his soft spoken nature would make her feel like she could!! 

She just said she owns 8 Duraflame heaters. Not surprised in that cluttered home of hers!

• Like 6
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Sounds like she was bullying Jason Wu to me!  I knew his soft spoken nature would make her feel like she could!! 

She just said she owns 8 Duraflame heaters. Not surprised in that cluttered home of hers!

Sounds like she needs to have her furnace serviced, if the house is that drafty and cold!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

A "shopping festivus?" I don't think she knows what festivus is. 😂

Shawn and her creative use of words. 

Pain in the ass...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

25 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

And it's not like she is trying to ease the quiet or private people out of their shells (not that it's her job anyway).

More like blast them out with dynamite via intrusive questions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

6 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

And it's not like she is trying to ease the quiet or private people out of their shells (not that it's her job anyway).

More like blast them out with dynamite via intrusive questions.

What did she do to the lovely Jason Wu? 😮

Jason is too quiet and reserved for Shawn. 

She's saving Christmas tomorrow night with CoKo Klaus. She announced it at least 10x.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What did she do to the lovely Jason Wu? 😮

I didn't see, but from what I gathered from the comments above, sounds like she tried to pull a Leah on him and get him out of his comfort zone.

• Sad 5

QVC: I love Shawn! After David Venable SHE is the host I can watch the most! I love that she is so comfortable on air.

I'll certainly take her any say over Blabby and her endless irrelevant stories, yeah and her -- IMO -- fake giggly smile

• Surprise 4