Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

She announced upcoming shows (in a promo filmed another day -- I recognize the lace top from a past presentation).  She said proudly, "I have a new show, called Countdown to Cozy," which indeed came on at midnight today.

Well, it doesn't say "Shawn's Countdown to Cozy," on the program guide, or "Countdown to Cozy with Shawn," so maybe some other host will get to do the show too. But she acts like it's mine-mine-mine, and knowing how QVC kisses her ass, it probably is hers.

What are we counting "down" to anyway"? Next spring, or next summer, when we won't need warm fuzzy throws and camp socks?

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion show promotion 9-21-20.jpg

When she was annoucing these shows she was reading the entire thing. She couldn't remember Courtney's count down to cozy, Jane's shoe show (with Courtney filling in) and then another countdown to cozy with me Shawn! You could see her eyes reading it to her left. Never prepared, and such a phoney.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

Mentioned already. Would she take that damn hat off? Looks ridiculous and sloppy.

I think she wears it so she doesn't have to shower and wash her hair. She's such a yuck!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Elle820 said:
10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion show promotion 9-21-20.jpg

When she was announcing these shows she was reading the entire thing. She couldn't remember Courtney's count down to cozy, Jane's shoe show (with Courtney filling in) and then another countdown to cozy with me Shawn! You could see her eyes reading it to her left. Never prepared, and such a phoney.

I noticed that too.  It was so obvi. (as Skunks would say)

Edited by The Moni
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Was that Leah and Shawn show on a week ago?

It doesn't appear to be on tonight.  What does that mean?  wink-wink!!

Leah Williams QVC

1h  

Hi everyone! Had so much fun last week with our debut of "Cheers!" I'm on vacay this week, but more Cheers when I return!

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Aerohalen said:

not to upset or bother people here,but QVC needs to stop "whitening" Courtney.

Looking at her Instagram ,I think it's by her own design. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 3

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Shawn told a personal story about sneakers when selling the Dr. Scholl's sneakers she was so crazy about, and I think she should have just kept it to herself. Most people know by now that she buys high-end, expensive shoes, but she doesn't have to rub it in people's noses.

A389690 Dr. Scholl's Lace-Up Sneakers - Sweet Kicks

Shawn 1:07: They are so comfortable. What’s the – gray leopard, and now I’m starting to feel like, ‘cause Deanna’s wearing them,  maybe I should have gotten-- No. Camo for sure. It’s like a no-brainer. They look weathered and faded. Regular, leopard. Look, I’m not gonna say Golden Goose, because that would be rude. But I’m telling ya, they are looking like that brand. And those – I’m gonna tell you what, I splurged on a pair of those. I treated myself. Now I know everybody loves those. Granted, they are – I don’t know, 800 bucks for a pair or something crazy like that. Man, they were uncomfortable! I immediately packaged them up and sent them to The RealReal and resold them.

Two questions (more like two and a half) : 

1. If she tried her Golden Goose sneakers on “immediately,” that indicates she’d just bought them. Why didn’t she just return them to the retailer where she bought them and get a refund, instead of selling them at a loss (?) at a consignment website?

2. If it would be “rude” to mention the Golden Goose brand, then why did she go right ahead and do it? And rude, how? Naming a brand QVC doesn’t sell, or bragging that she bought a pair of those super expensive shoes?

Golden Goose sneakers don’t cost $800 a pair. I checked Google, and the price range is $495 to $635 depending on the style. High end retailers such as Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter sell them. There was one pair that cost $1,790, but they were exclusive to one retailer. I don’t think any of the Golden Goose designs looked like the Dr. Scholl's sneakers. But I did see why she emphasized that the Dr. Scholl's camo color sneakers looked "weathered and faded," and why she thought that was a good feature. Golden Goose sneakers are deliberately made to look scuffed and dirty. (Don't ask me why -- it's just a rich people affectation.)

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes sneakers Dr. Scholl 1 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics fashion shoes Golden Goose sneakers.jpg

YES Shawn, we all buy eight hundred dollar sneakers.  NOT.  Seriously, how in the world does she get away with saying this kind of crap.  Way to alienate almost your entire audience.  In the middle of a pandemic.  Highest unemployment numbers ever.  She seriously could not stop herself from saying that?  "look at how rich I am?"  

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

15 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here's another pic of Shawn in the Linea jacket, with comparisons to the models. She should have known how shitty she would make the poor jacket look worn with her baggy hat, joggers and sneakers. I like blazers, but I wold never dream of buying it if all I saw was her in it. think this was a poor selling job. She should have not tried on the jacket, just let the models show it. That's what they are there for.

Shawn said she is wearing a size 2, and Deanna is also wearing 2. No info on Jackie's size, because Shawn said she left her card over by the models.

A384499 Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Boucle V-Neck Jacket

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket blazer Linea 5 collage 1 9-21-20.jpg

I wish I could have seen the look on Louis Dell Olio’s face when he saw Shawn modeling his Linea jacket by pairing it with the hat, tennis shoes, and joggers. He takes such pride in his designs and goes to great lengths to style each piece from head to toe. Surely he’s said something to Q about this. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

Looking at her Instagram ,I think it's by her own design. 

I’m thinking the same. It goes back to her Dare to Share story. Seems like she’s got a fixation with race that was implanted early on in that head of hers, and I can’t help remembering that she’s used this in her previous sales pitch.  Another reason I’m not a fan.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Neiman said:

I’m thinking the same. It goes back to her Dare to Share story. Seems like she’s got a fixation with race that was implanted early on in that head of hers, and I can’t help remembering that she’s used this in her previous sales pitch.  Another reason I’m not a fan.

I think an additional reason is that Courtney wants to fit in with the "cool girls" at work, Amy and Shawn. She wants to look like them.

Maybe Courtney doesn't have many friends outside QVC, so she has few counter-influences to the QVC culture. She seems to be very impressionable when it comes to the aggressive Shawn. Shawn is so competitive, she will chew her co-workers up and spit them out.

I remember the "whitening," go-blonde thing happening at HSN years ago. They used to have a host, Shivan Sarna, whose family came from India. She had beautiful black hair, and wore it black for years. But then she started getting big light streaks put in it, and not the kind of streaks you use to hide gray. Her hair got closer and closer to blonde. Shivan left HSN sometime around the 2009 recession. I think she is an OAP now.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 3

I’m finding it difficult to post thoughts on other threads. Most of what I want to comment on seems to lead back to Shawn Killinger. Her presence really dominates the whole Q scene. Think tentacles.

Her existence seeps into other areas of the Q and settles into the crevices of the network. So it can be difficult to appropriately place my little thoughts. I’m certain she considers any possibility of spreading her ideas, (antics) as meritorious.

More than anything she aspires to be a disruptor and an influencer. She knows it and we know it. That’s what I think is behind all this nonsense with her.

Does anyone else feel that way? Like Skunky has managed to infiltrate the Q more than others. And then it’s hard to separate comments out. She’s like an odor that pervades always.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Her outfit for the midnight show -- her favorite MukLuks sherpa socks, sweatshirt, joggers. I'm surprised she didn't wear pajamas. but I guess they hadn't scheduled her to sell any pajamas tonight. So here we go again for another season of her in loungewear and camp socks. The sloppy hat is new since last year, but hey, now she doesn't have to wash her hair.

misc pics Shawn Killinger socks MukLuks 1 9-21-20.jpg

The way she wears that hat she looks like some kind of demented chef. 👩‍🍳

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

Yeah...Shawn’s made it her mission to shake things up and disrupt the Q and influence how they operate. And she doesn’t care that she’s completely Tone deaf when it comes to comments about sneakers that cost $535.

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

The way she wears that hat she looks like some kind of demented chef. 👩‍🍳

She's a chef all right. Bet she can bake a mean vodka casserole.

• Laugh 14

27 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

I’m finding it difficult to post thoughts on other threads. Most of what I want to comment on seems to lead back to Shawn Killinger. Her presence really dominates the whole Q scene. Think tentacles.

Her existence seeps into other areas of the Q and settles into the crevices of the network. So it can be difficult to appropriately place my little thoughts. I’m certain she considers any possibility of spreading her ideas, (antics) as meritorious.

More than anything she aspires to be a disruptor and an influencer. She knows it and we know it. That’s what I think is behind all this nonsense with her.

Does anyone else feel that way? Like Skunky has managed to infiltrate the Q more than others. And then it’s hard to separate comments out. She’s like an odor that pervades always.

I refuse to give her that much credit and influence.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, iamme said:

YES Shawn, we all buy eight hundred dollar sneakers.  NOT.  Seriously, how in the world does she get away with saying this kind of crap.  Way to alienate almost your entire audience.  In the middle of a pandemic.  Highest unemployment numbers ever.  She seriously could not stop herself from saying that?  "look at how rich I am?"  

It doesn't really bother me that she mentioned buying $$$ shoes; she makes at least 10x what I do, and I know that when I tune in. Some people got bucks, even in a pandemic. Whatevs; boasting about spending is tacky-ass anyway.

I also know that, if her actual spending habits are even close to what she claims, she will not stay rich very long. And you can take that to the bank.

• Like 6

It's so disrespectful of her to be sitting there with a new vendor, and she can't be bothered to take off those ridiculous glasses (she's peering over them and they're resting on her nose), wrapped in I don't know what buffalo plaid thing, like she's about to succumb to the cold.  

For some reason, this just pissed me off, more than usual.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I think an additional reason is that Courtney wants to fit in with the "cool girls" at work, Amy and Shawn. She wants to look like them.

Except in this case with Shawn, the reality is more like the mean girls.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Friday said:

It's so disrespectful of her to be sitting there with a new vendor, and she can't be bothered to take off those ridiculous glasses (she's peering over them and they're resting on her nose), wrapped in I don't know what buffalo plaid thing, like she's about to succumb to the cold.  

I hear ya.

Say what you want, she wants to move people to wear those readers. She overpowers the idea and then...Amy and Court are now wearing them for example. Just one example.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Upcoming Shawnie Sue, in a few minutes.

misc pics Shawn Killinger shirt plaid red 1 9-22-20.jpg

She was SALTY about Courtney wearing the beanie tonight. Something about (paraphrase) Courtney stole her look so Shawn couldn't wear the beanie again.

She looks like she's in her 60s with all that makeup caked on her face.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Just curious, what the hell is Slatkin's "cashmere birch" candle fragrance supposed to be? Cashmere is wool and birch is a tree. Weird juxtaposition. Whatever it is, Shawn loves it.

Is she going to spend the entire 9:00-10:00 hour on the Slatkin candles? It's already been 40 minutes of candles.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

She looks like she's in her 60s with all that makeup caked on her face.

And yet she needs a brighter lipstick.

21 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Is that a shower cap on her head?

Sadly, yes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Just curious, what the hell is Slatkin's "cashmere birch" candle fragrance supposed to be? Cashmere is wool and birch is a tree. Weird juxtaposition. Whatever it is, Shawn loves it.

Is she going to spend the entire 9:00-10:00 hour on the Slatkin candles? It's already been 40 minutes of candles.

Oh she sure does. She’s making love to the candle and then making love to the camera. Work it, sister.

• Laugh 4
  • Surprise 3

They’ll be wearing one too. Just wait. 😂

I’m concerned about Courtney there. She looks like she could be in a hypnotic trance. Maybe that’s what Shawnk is doing with her hands. She’s hypnotizing the other two.

7415777F-DDD7-4F53-A720-1BB3EA5AB1F8.thumb.jpeg.4605a3bf2a1eb33fccc7f8c9e8a65660.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

If I had a chronic runny nose problem, I don't think I'd be sticking my face deep into a scented candle. Yes, I did see her wipe her nose in this show.

misc pics Shawn Killinger candles Slatkin face in candle 1 9-22-20.jpg

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

If I had a chronic runny nose problem, I don't think I'd be sticking my face deep into a scented candle. Yes, I did see her wipe her nose in this show.

misc pics Shawn Killinger candles Slatkin face in candle 1 9-22-20.jpg

That's just gross. 🤮

• Like 2

any captions you like?

B08E87F6-A1AB-42C3-BE22-9AD85265FD5D.jpeg.f7db6c6541acb28a1ff159aa8862e49f.jpeg

____ohhh, was it something you ate, dear?

____make love to the vessel, dear.

____could we get you to shove your nose in a little farther?

____we could just buy you some more honey.

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Friday said:

It did me, as well.  I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I'm talking about when she did the spotlight on minority businesses.  She couldn't even be bothered to brag on them, just said "I've read you won some sort of award, why don't you tell us what awards you've won"....but she sure loved to say the owner was related to Maya Angelou......and perked up when she got to tell us that one line of this tea the company makes was sold in wine bottles!

She was there to spotlight THEM.....not sit back in her stupid blanket and let this person do her job!  What's the point of  QVC "spotlighting" these businesses if the host isn't going to step up to the plate and show them some respect? 

Shawn is such a poser, a real POS.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

Why is she so restless with the blanket set? Jacket on, jacket off, jacket on.  It's as irritating as the on-off-on glasses.

Pic 1: the nursing home look.

Pic 2: the freezing to death look.

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding Malden Mills blanket set 3 tan nursing home look 9-22-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding Malden Mills blanket set 4 big jacket agaoin 9-22-20.jpg

• Laugh 3

Presenting the shower cap. She's wearing the huge jacket with a shower cap? How is that supposed to help promote the product? It's inappropriate. I just saw from the bedding presentation that she's wearing a black T-shirt under the coat. Why not do the shower cap presentation in the black shirt?

misc pics Shawn Killinger shower cap with huge jacket 1 9-22-20.jpg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Why the hell doesn’t she amplify those numbers more?  More impact.

“I own 372 pairs of these cabin socks, and I just ordered 16 more...”

”I ordered 1423 Grandma’s Cakes yesterday.”

”I have 612 Harry Slatkin candles burning in my foyer right now.”

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

I've learned something tonight.

Don't watch Shawn Killinger when you're in a bad mood or angry at the world.  There are so many people out of work in today's world who would kill to have any job, let alone a job like hers.  And she shows up, night after night, looking like she'd rather be anywhere but there, unprepared, stupid AF.  She thinks hashtagging "I love my job" is all she has to do........I guess I'd love my job, too, if I could show up looking and acting like I just rolled out of bed!

I'm done with her for now.  She's disgraceful.

• Like 16
  • Sad 3