Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

2 minutes ago, Neiman said:

I have some readers but they give me a headache and things get distorted if I wear them like regular glasses. I don’t understand how Shawn and the other hosts can wear them like that.

Agreed.

Probably because they are professional masochists, also evidenced by the torture chambers they wear on their feet on a regular basis.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

[Thanks.]

Let’s see how Skunks does with the polar fleece...there could be static. And she freaks out (she’s been referencing that her biggest pet peeve is static shocks. zzzzap!

Mentioned already. Would she take that damn hat off? Looks ridiculous and sloppy.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Is anyone (who knows how) sending these screen shots to QVC?   This station has become an unwatchable joke.  They might as well become an online retailer like Amazon--only much smaller.  There is no point to watching anymore.  I think there is still a market for this type of shopping, but they need presenters who are professional and watchable.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Here's another pic of Shawn in the Linea jacket, with comparisons to the models. She should have known how shitty she would make the poor jacket look worn with her baggy hat, joggers and sneakers. I like blazers, but I wold never dream of buying it if all I saw was her in it. think this was a poor selling job. She should have not tried on the jacket, just let the models show it. That's what they are there for.

Shawn said she is wearing a size 2, and Deanna is also wearing 2. No info on Jackie's size, because Shawn said she left her card over by the models.

A384499 Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Boucle V-Neck Jacket

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket blazer Linea 5 collage 1 9-21-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 8

She announced upcoming shows (in a promo filmed another day -- I recognize the lace top from a past presentation).  She said proudly, "I have a new show, called Countdown to Cozy," which indeed came on at midnight today.

Well, it doesn't say "Shawn's Countdown to Cozy," on the program guide, or "Countdown to Cozy with Shawn," so maybe some other host will get to do the show too. But she acts like it's mine-mine-mine, and knowing how QVC kisses her ass, it probably is hers.

What are we counting "down" to anyway"? Next spring, or next summer, when we won't need warm fuzzy throws and camp socks?

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion show promotion 9-21-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Charlie the stuffed dog was a bigger hit than the collaboration between Shawn and Courtney on Get the Look with C&S. Queen Shawnie is not pleased. She said "You'd think viewers would be excited about seeing the two hosts together, but all they did on social media was say how much they liked Charlie." She laughed at one man who thought Charlie was real. Well, poo on you, Shawn! I thought he was real too when I first glanced at the screen. From a distance, the toy is a very good imitation of a border collie.

She said she and her producer had decided they'd use Charlie as a mascot for the Get the Look show, and added ominously "if we ever get to do that again."  So, is she so jealous that a stuffed animal stole her thunder that she kind of hopes the show won't continue?

I hope this doesn't encourage the other hosts to bring toys to work. Carolyn has Nutsy the squirrel, and now Shawn and Courtney have Charlie the dog. Will Jane start bringing a stuffed cat and name it Kiki Jr.?

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog show mascot 2 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog show mascot 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Shawn told a personal story about sneakers when selling the Dr. Scholl's sneakers she was so crazy about, and I think she should have just kept it to herself. Most people know by now that she buys high-end, expensive shoes, but she doesn't have to rub it in people's noses.

A389690 Dr. Scholl's Lace-Up Sneakers - Sweet Kicks

Shawn 1:07: They are so comfortable. What’s the – gray leopard, and now I’m starting to feel like, ‘cause Deanna’s wearing them,  maybe I should have gotten-- No. Camo for sure. It’s like a no-brainer. They look weathered and faded. Regular, leopard. Look, I’m not gonna say Golden Goose, because that would be rude. But I’m telling ya, they are looking like that brand. And those – I’m gonna tell you what, I splurged on a pair of those. I treated myself. Now I know everybody loves those. Granted, they are – I don’t know, 800 bucks for a pair or something crazy like that. Man, they were uncomfortable! I immediately packaged them up and sent them to The RealReal and resold them.

Two questions (more like two and a half) : 

1. If she tried her Golden Goose sneakers on “immediately,” that indicates she’d just bought them. Why didn’t she just return them to the retailer where she bought them and get a refund, instead of selling them at a loss (?) at a consignment website?

2. If it would be “rude” to mention the Golden Goose brand, then why did she go right ahead and do it? And rude, how? Naming a brand QVC doesn’t sell, or bragging that she bought a pair of those super expensive shoes?

Golden Goose sneakers don’t cost $800 a pair. I checked Google, and the price range is $495 to $635 depending on the style. High end retailers such as Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter sell them. There was one pair that cost $1,790, but they were exclusive to one retailer. I don’t think any of the Golden Goose designs looked like the Dr. Scholl's sneakers. But I did see why she emphasized that the Dr. Scholl's camo color sneakers looked "weathered and faded," and why she thought that was a good feature. Golden Goose sneakers are deliberately made to look scuffed and dirty. (Don't ask me why -- it's just a rich people affectation.)

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes sneakers Dr. Scholl 1 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics fashion shoes Golden Goose sneakers.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 4

23 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Her new blanket dress coordinates with the ridiculous beanie.120065657_352796365772907_7494582617223766248_n.thumb.jpg.a74d90c3f351ed89ae95ab8767b2b8a2.jpg

Jeez! Can she make herself look any uglier on national TV, or was that rock bottom?

• Like 12

”I don’t think in my 13 years at QVC I’ve ever been more comfortable and happier. So let me just start by saying, I’m gonna milk this as long as I can before I get up.” So lying in bed is when she’s been the happiest at QVC? That says a lot. Skunky, get up off your size XS (haha) butt and do your job.

H224634 Malden Mills PolarFleece Sheet Set with Extra Printed Pillow Cases

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding Malden Mills Polaerfleece sheet set 1 9-21-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket blazer Linea 1 9-21-20.jpg

The camera wasn't on Skunks.  She says something like I'm gonna button the bottom button so you can see how the 2 sides flair out a bit.  Camera comes back to Skunks.  Bottom button NOT buttoned.  She couldn't button it, it's too damn small!!  

If Deanna was in a size 2 no way no how was Skunks in a 2 OR she was in a size 2 and it clearly didn't fit as she couldn't button it.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Shawn told a personal story about sneakers when selling the Dr. Scholl's sneakers she was so crazy about, and I think she should have just kept it to herself. Most people know by now that she buys high-end, expensive shoes, but she doesn't have to rub it in people's noses.

Shawn 1:07: They are so comfortable. What’s the – gray leopard, and now I’m starting to feel like, ‘cause Deanna’s wearing them,  maybe I should have gotten-- No. Camo for sure. It’s like a no-brainer. They look weathered and faded. Regular, leopard. Look, I’m not gonna say Golden Goose, because that would be rude. But I’m telling ya, they are looking like that brand. And those – I’m gonna tell you what, I splurged on a pair of those. I treated myself. Now I know everybody loves those. Granted, they are – I don’t know, 800 bucks for a pair or something crazy like that. Man, they were uncomfortable! I immediately packaged them up and sent them to The RealReal and resold them.

1. If she tried her Golden Goose sneakers on “immediately,” that indicates she’d just bought them. Why didn’t she just return them to the retailer where she bought them and get a refund, instead of selling them at a loss (?) at a consignment website?

2. If it would be “rude” to mention the Golden Goose brand, then why did she go right ahead and do it? And rude, how? Naming a brand QVC doesn’t sell, or bragging that she bought a pair of those super expensive shoes?

Golden Goose sneakers don’t cost $800 a pair. I checked Google, and the price range is $495 to $635 depending on the style. High end retailers such as Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter sell them. There was one pair that cost $1,790, but they were exclusive to one retailer. I don’t think any of the Golden Goose designs looked like the Dr. Scholl's sneakers. But I did see why she emphasized that the Dr. Scholl's camo color sneakers looked "weathered and faded," and why she thought that was a good feature. Golden Goose sneakers are deliberately made to look scuffed and dirty. (Don't ask me why -- it's just a rich people affectation.)

because it's a way of being PA, and showing how she hates what she is doing 

• Like 6

Her outfit for the midnight show -- her favorite MukLuks sherpa socks, sweatshirt, joggers. I'm surprised she didn't wear pajamas. but I guess they hadn't scheduled her to sell any pajamas tonight. So here we go again for another season of her in loungewear and camp socks. The sloppy hat is new since last year, but hey, now she doesn't have to wash her hair.

misc pics Shawn Killinger socks MukLuks 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, The Moni said:

The camera wasn't on Skunks.  She says something like I'm gonna button the bottom button so you can see how the 2 sides flair out a bit.  Camera comes back to Skunks.  Bottom button NOT buttoned.  She couldn't button it, it's too damn small!!  

If Deanna was in a size 2 no way no how was Skunks in a 2 OR she was in a size 2 and it clearly didn't fit as she couldn't button it.

nice jacket, hope S doesn't f his sales on this one 

• Like 4

Apparently she's still pressuring Joe to let her get her a dog, and he still doesn't want one. We heard this last year.

T37311 My Pet Puddles Animated Plush Puppy by Gund

Shawn 5:10: I’m probably crazy for saying this, but like, even with as difficult and challenging as life is with [redacted] and an elderly mom who’s sick, and all of those crazy things, I would get a dog in a second. I’d love a dog, and I love dogs. Joe is not convinced. So, clearly, like there will be a little bit of a back and forth about that.

misc pics Shawn KIllinger toy dog Gundt 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Sad 5

We got a dose of philosophy about how meaningful it is to be comfortable in bed and sleep in "these challenging times."  Not necessarily. She just likes to sleep a lot, and she always has. And we've seen for years how she loves to relax in bed on the set.

H224754 Berkshire Printed Plaid Reversible Cozy Plush Comforter Set

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding Berkshire plaid sheet set 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Psst. She’s still in a hat

I saw that hat and thought she’s fucking with us!  She knew we hated it so much yesterday she had to wear it again. She’s good. In a bad way. 

• Laugh 10

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Another nose wipe, H224754 Berkshire Printed Plaid Reversible Cozy Plush Comforter Set at 6:57

misc pics Shawn Killinger nose wipe Berkshire blanket 1 9-21-20.jpg

200,000 Americans are dead. The economy is tanking. Experts are begging, please wash your hands and try not to touch your face with your bare hands. Because she got called out about wiping her nose with her hands. She will never use a Kleenex. Everything she touches on that set, someone has to clean up or put away. She does not give a DAMN about anyone but herself.

• Sad 13

Damn, this stuffed animal thing is turning into Carolyn and Gary with Nutsy and Acorn. They put Charlie the stuffed dog on the set with Shawn while she was presenting a G.I.L.I. jacket, at about 0:39. She held Charlie up to show Jill, who promptly went off camera and got her big stuffed animal, Petunia.

A372952 G.I.L.I. Zip Front Faux Fur Jacket with Hood

Shawn to Jill, at 6:00: Have you met Charlie?

Jill: We haven't been formally introduced. [walks off camera]

Jill: [returns] Charlie, this is Petunia, one of our plush buddies.

Shawn: He’s wagging his tail. This is inappropriate. I’m gonna put him down.

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog with GILI jacket 1 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog with GILI jacket 2 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog with GILI jacket 4 9-21-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

I am thinking SK being paired with others may be an attempt to get her to raise her standards (appearance, preparation, etc).  Instead, I think she is dragging the co-hosts (except for Leah....yet) down.  Perhaps they feel she can show up looking a mess, so why should they put forth the time and effort to be their best.  It's sad. I can't believe whoever is in charge lets her go on-air showing fashion in that ridiculous hat, but yes, now her hair can be unwashed and unstyled.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

I am thinking SK being paired with others may be an attempt to get her to raise her standards (appearance, preparation, etc).  Instead, I think she is dragging the co-hosts (except for Leah....yet) down.  Perhaps they feel she can show up looking a mess, so why should they put forth the time and effort to be their best.  It's sad. I can't believe whoever is in charge lets her go on-air showing fashion in that ridiculous hat, but yes, now her hair can be unwashed and unstyled.

She was so anxious to get her hair cut and colored after her long leave at home. Then, after the cut and the new bleach job (with publicity for the salon she and Joe now own), she only showed off the new hair color for a short time before she started stuffing it under a hat. WTF? Just got bored with washing it?

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 6

Jeez, with the dumpy looking outfits, the weird hair and hats and the stuffed animals, QVC is just going to hell in a hand basket tonight. Is no one in charge over there?  WTH. It’s like crazy town.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Charlie the stuffed dog was a bigger hit than the collaboration between Shawn and Courtney on Get the Look with C&S. Queen Shawnie is not pleased. She said "You'd think viewers would be excited about seeing the two hosts together, but all they did on social media was say how much they liked Charlie." She laughed at one man who thought Charlie was real. Well, poo on you, Shawn! I thought he was real too when I first glanced at the screen. From a distance, the toy is a very good imitation of a border collie.

She said she and her producer had decided they'd use Charlie as a mascot for the Get the Look show, and added ominously "if we ever get to do that again."  So, is she so jealous that a stuffed animal stole her thunder that she kind of hopes the show won't continue?

I hope this doesn't encourage the other hosts to bring toys to work. Carolyn has Nutsy the squirrel, and now Shawn and Courtney have Charlie the dog. Will Jane start bringing a stuffed cat and name it Kiki Jr.?

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog show mascot 2 9-21-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger Charlie stuffed dog show mascot 1 9-21-20.jpg

Courtney, I know you have to work with her, but you are not forced to act like her. Elise ,Leah and Sandra works with this jackass ,but they keep their dignity while doing it. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Yeah I heard that and thought it was BS. She did not buy the Golden Goose sneakers and repackage and resell them. You send them back. Easier than reselling. She lies like a dog. I would not pay $25 for Golden Goose. They are fug.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Yeah I heard that and thought it was BS. She did not buy the Golden Goose sneakers and repackage and resell them. You send them back. Easier than reselling. She lies like a dog. I would not pay $25 for Golden Goose. They are fug.

more like she got them on TRR and send back 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Jeez, with the dumpy looking outfits, the weird hair and hats and the stuffed animals, QVC is just going to hell in a hand basket tonight. Is no one in charge over there?  WTH. It’s like crazy town.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Several years ago, Shawn said something on air about how she loves to shop The Real Real.  We've talked about it here, too, so maybe someone remembers?

• Like 2

I really hope the Q doesn't continue with these Q show mascots like Charlie, Nutsy, Acorn Squirrel and now Petunia!! Anything to draw an audience though so this could be a new thing. 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

0CB9CB48-E990-4C4E-82B7-05C61A6E67EE.thumb.jpeg.c45724a3c2f3b2be5ecf33e8a05b4960.jpegOh heck, just for fun...

The Schoolmarm, the Down and Out, and the Chimney Sweep (cause she’s only mentioned 6 times that the chimney sweep came to the manor house and cleaned their chimney).

So funny! But sad too. These three, particularly Skunk and Coco, are an insult to the fashion industry and should reevaluate how they're representing and selling it. Some Q designers have to be upset!!! 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

”I don’t think in my 13 years at QVC I’ve ever been more comfortable and happier. So let me just start by saying, I’m gonna milk this as long as I can before I get up.” So lying in bed is when she’s been the happiest at QVC? That says a lot. Skunky, get up off your size XS (haha) butt and do your job.

H224634 Malden Mills PolarFleece Sheet Set with Extra Printed Pillow Cases

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding Malden Mills Polaerfleece sheet set 1 9-21-20.jpg

Looks like this was filmed from her sickbed. GET UP, woman!

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

So funny! But sad too. These three, particularly Skunk and Coco, are an insult to the fashion industry and should reevaluate how they"re representing and selling it. Some Q designers have to be upset!!! 

I agree.....if I saw these ladies dressed looking like bag ladies, I would not be happy.  Same with wearing wrong sizes.

No one is showing the clothing to it's best advantage.  And no offense, but some of this clothing needs a little help!  They , and Shawn in particular, are doing the opposite!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Apparently she's still pressuring Joe to let her get her a dog, and he still doesn't want one. We heard this last year.

T37311 My Pet Puddles Animated Plush Puppy by Gund

Shawn 5:10: I’m probably crazy for saying this, but like, even with as difficult and challenging as life is with [redacted] and an elderly mom who’s sick, and all of those crazy things, I would get a dog in a second. I’d love a dog, and I love dogs. Joe is not convinced. So, clearly, like there will be a little bit of a back and forth about that.

misc pics Shawn KIllinger toy dog Gundt 1 9-21-20.jpg

Well see, the dog would make her happy, the way marriage and other things have not.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Syringa Vulgaris said:

I'm sorry, it looks like a homeless woman just wandered in off the street.

She's is an abomination to the Q and just about everything she presents now and Coco is going down the same path of destruction!!!

I get the Q pushes casual styles, athleisure and lounge wear but these are grown women here acting like it's a dorm room or pajama party every Monday and now Saturday night!!!

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here's another pic of Shawn in the Linea jacket, with comparisons to the models. She should have known how shitty she would make the poor jacket look worn with her baggy hat, joggers and sneakers. I like blazers, but I wold never dream of buying it if all I saw was her in it. think this was a poor selling job. She should have not tried on the jacket, just let the models show it. That's what they are there for.

Shawn said she is wearing a size 2, and Deanna is also wearing 2. No info on Jackie's size, because Shawn said she left her card over by the models.

A384499 Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Boucle V-Neck Jacket

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket blazer Linea 5 collage 1 9-21-20.jpg

That is a really nice jacket from Dell-Olio. I would consider the purchase under different circumstances. The models look fabulous in it! Then there's Shawn the abomination!! She has the nerve to begin the presentation of this jacket asking when you hear boucle who do you think of? And that being Channel! Comparing Louis' jacket to Channel which is fine but delivering such a fashion statement looking deliberately destitute is a disgrace and disrespect to the designer, her job and her audience. Maybe she should go work behind the scenes.  She should be put on desk duty until she gets her act together!!!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 4

They might want to rethink allowing certain brands to be presented in her shows.  Louis is out of her range now.

Give her all the AnyCuddleHochman stuff.  That's her speed limit under current conditions. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

48 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They might want to rethink allowing certain brands to be presented in her shows.  Louis is out of her range now.

Give her all the AnyCuddleHochman stuff.  That's her speed limit under current conditions. 

Good idea.

I like the hat but I’m tired of seeing it.

• Like 3

I would love to know if QVC thinks this "schtick" by Shawn is actually a selling feature.  I mean, I order off the web, not by watching actual hosts present stuff (except for maybe ITKWD, the only segment QVC has that I might actually sit down and watch anymore).

If I want a comedy hour or drama, I turn to Netflix or Showtime or any one of the other cable networks.

QVC is not where I go to find appointment tv!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

She said proudly, "I have a new show, called Countdown to Cozy," which indeed came on at midnight today.

LOL - I read that too fast as "Countdown to Crazy," which would be appropriate, but has already left the launch pad.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

Meet Petunia!

2027082759_Screenshot2020-09-22at11_01_34AM.png.e61e9b36ef1045673f1cf3d44d17ea26.png

1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Ohhh. Thank you, @mpeeps.

Jill Martin will not be left out of that scene.

GILI Jill has to get every item on to the screen as possible.

So true. I was half-expecting her to squeeze Petunia and have Potion 54 hand sanitizer come flowing out its nose (which, I suppose, would have fit right in on Shawn's show).

Because she still has that available on QVC.com, of course. In case you hadn't heard, you know, every single time she's been on hawking something else during the past month. 🙄

I guess I can't blame her, though: she must prep for every on-air presentation by thinking to herself, "I've still got a warehouse full of this stinky stuff that I made with my ex--gotta make room for the new hunk-of-the-month, so how can I clear it out ASAP!"

• Laugh 9