Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

When I see Skunky and Courtney on Saturday evening shows (Shawn Saves Christmas and now this new one), a few thoughts come to mind.

Shawn is on air earlier than 9 or 10pm?!
Shawn is working on the weekend?!
Shawn is cohosting again, for better or worse

Especially on the weekend shows, Shawn looks miserable to be there

I get this nagging feeling that Shawn and Corduroy have been left to mind the store while the owners (or parents) are out for the evening. If you know what I mean. You know, woohoo!, working - - hardly, everything’s looser, a little paaartee!

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Look at this from CKs position 

she's newish trying to make a career there (ya I know) and they put her with what is or was the alpha host 

she probably feels she needs to play along a bit to stay in those prime time hours 

fwiw looking at her expressions yesterday I don't think she likes her much either 

• Like 7
  • Useful 6

26 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

When I see Skunky and Courtney on Saturday evening shows (Shawn Saves Christmas and now this new one), a few thoughts come to mind.

Shawn is on air earlier than 9 or 10pm?!
Shawn is working on the weekend?!
Shawn is cohosting again, for better or worse

Especially on the weekend shows, Shawn looks miserable to be there

I get this nagging feeling that Shawn and Corduroy have been left to mind the store while the owners (or parents) are out for the evening. If you know what I mean. You know, woohoo!, working - - hardly, everything’s looser, a little paaartee!

I’m miserable she’s there too!  

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

IM works so much more graciously with Leah and Jen. Seems more professional and working as a team together. I don't see that with Skunky. He let's her get away with her circus act though!

The Skunk and Coco Sat 7pm show is just like Shawn Saves Christmas in disguise.  If they are going to continue this type of sh*t show, they should save it for later hours and really rethink it.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

I was half listening to Skunk's humidifier presentation and did she tell another far fetched story about how she was drying out her house so much not using the humidifier that the walls were cracking and crumbling?  I can't with her!!! 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 2

3 hours ago, hummingbird said:

fwiw looking at her expressions yesterday I don't think she likes her much either 

When Elise was on with Skunks you didn't "think" Elise didn't like her, you KNEW she didn't like her.

Her expressions were priceless! It was obvious Elise felt such disdain she couldn't hide it!  

image.png.2c793cde57c2a8cf1e9878efaea3dd68.png

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 3

5 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Look at this from CKs position 

she's newish trying to make a career there (ya I know) and they put her with what is or was the alpha host 

she probably feels she needs to play along a bit to stay in those prime time hours 

I completely agree. She's playing the game she needs to play.

• Like 6

I agree, too, that Courtney is playing the game.  However, I also feel that Shawn needs relevance, too.  Being with "the younger" crowd provides that.

I was somewhat dismayed to see this post of hers after her show last night.  She didn't do a post like this for Elise.....although, I guess Elise was the "lowly" social media person, not a co-host (which I think is a damn shame).  She didn't do it for Leah, either.

Sigh........I loath Shawn.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I agree, too, that Courtney is playing the game.  However, I also feel that Shawn needs relevance, too.  Being with "the younger" crowd provides that.

I was somewhat dismayed to see this post of hers after her show last night.  She didn't do a post like this for Elise.....although, I guess Elise was the "lowly" social media person, not a co-host (which I think is a damn shame).

Sigh........I loath Shawn.

What an evil beotch.  She knows very well the blonde highlights do NOT slay on CK.  I hope CK knows it too.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

On 9/19/2020 at 4:45 PM, Retired at last said:

But, when I read about her shortening the name of one of the Jewish High Holidays, I was livid! If she wants to be (and is allowed/encouraged) to be disrespectful and insulting to a religion, let her pick on her own! I did file a complaint at QVC, but am not expecting a response. She is too offensive to exist on television -even on a shopping network.

Here is an update: I just got a reply from a person in Customer Care. She said they appreciate my feedback about Shawn and her comments and that my feedback will be reviewed by the appropriate team leaders. I don't think anything will change, but I do appreciate the fact that my concern was replied to on a Sunday and less than 24 hours after I wrote it.

(LOL - I just reread the comments I sent to them and boy, was I mad! I made several typos, and really blasted her, saying that what she said was ignorant and disrespectful, just like she is. I also blamed QVC management for letting her do/say whatever she wants to, even if it is driving customers away and that even for Shawn, who apparently has no boundaries, this was over the top. Yikes!)

• Like 19

the thing with Sk and the Jewish Holidays (every year) is that she is almost but not quite poking fun at it, I say that as a Jew (intermarried)  another host making light of Easter?  nope, noppity 

knowledge of the worlds religions is a powerful thing , not ignorance 

• Like 18

I don't think she understands the deep religious nature of Judaism's most important holidays.

She treats them flippantly like secular holidays,  Halloween,  Valentines.

If you don't know, just keep quiet.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I don't think she understands the deep religious nature of Judaism's most important holidays.

She treats them flippantly like secular holidays,  Halloween,  Valentines.

If you don't know, just keep quiet.

I think she knows exactly what she is doing. She gets off on dancing around the fire. It makes her day to upset and piss people off. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Watcher25 said:

I think she knows exactly what she is doing. She gets off on dancing around the fire. It makes her day to upset and piss people off. 

A true narcissist; getting off on upsetting and demeaning others. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Yet...she has made a great phony fuss over her observance of the daily silliness that is known as the new breed of national holidays.

Now that’s a “religion” to which she can fully subscribe. And an effort for which she is willing to be very circumspect. 

She has great reverence for her announcements like, Did you know that today is National Miniature Golf Day?...or...National Chai Day...or...National Legwear Day.  

Rosh Hashanah?   Not so much.

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 4
  • Sad 9

18 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Here is an update: I just got a reply from a person in Customer Care. She said they appreciate my feedback about Shawn and her comments and that my feedback will be reviewed by the appropriate team leaders. I don't think anything will change, but I do appreciate the fact that my concern was replied to on a Sunday and less than 24 hours after I wrote it.

(LOL - I just reread the comments I sent to them and boy, was I mad! I made several typos, and really blasted her, saying that what she said was ignorant and disrespectful, just like she is. I also blamed QVC management for letting her do/say whatever she wants to, even if it is driving customers away and that even for Shawn, who apparently has no boundaries, this was over the top. Yikes!)

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 1

I'm surprised she hasn't spent the last many years grilling Isaac about the Jewish holidays.  Or has she?

I thought they had a conversation about Rosh Hashanah once.

Seems like Shawn will quirkify anything in her path.  Even if it is in poor taste.  Which, as we know, it usually is. 

Discretion is not her forte.  In fact, she thumbs her nose at it.  Then uses her whole, bare hand to wipe said nose.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

Fine, then. We'll make her damn WEEK. Claims to be such a spiritual/religious person, but casually craps on other people's faiths. She's a POS.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

The triptych up on my television screen of Courtney K., Amy, and Shawn is not a vision of loveliness.

They all look like hot messes.

Courtney looks especially awful.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Shawn looks like Ebenezer Scrooge in that hat.

She told the story again of how her credit card company suspected fraud because she was charging so much, and her Easy Pays were all messed up due to the Q system seeking multiple credit cards. But she has it all straightened out now. And she just ordered something else, the sneakers she's wearing. At least this time she took the sneaker off and held it up to the camera instead of doing a doggie leg lift.

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion show intro 1 9-21-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Sad 8

3 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Shawn looks like Ebenezer Scrooge in that hat.

misc pics Shawn Killinger fashion show intro 1 9-21-20.jpg

Cannot believe these women are all on national television right now. No standards on the Q anymore; Amy and SK look like they just rolled outta bed.

Which makes me appreciate Blabby all the more. Yeah, she could turn it down a notch or two sometimes, but that woman would rather die than show up to work looking like something the cat dragged in.

• Like 13

What a sloppy, uninteresting outfit. Her mother was right about her dressing like she;s still in collage. BTW she says she's wearing the Cuddl Duds shirt in XS.

misc pics Shawn Killinger shirt black Cuddl Duds 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Laugh 6
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

D1387025-43CD-411E-86E5-95BBB79A111B.thumb.jpeg.2c862c6e70aca97022d5adad0ddd89df.jpeg

not kidding ^^^^

Did she look in the mirror? Do they all feel they have to wear glasses in the Skunk's presence?

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

A week or so ago, Amy mentioned that her work day is longer since she has to do her own hair and makeup now.

Maybe Shawn and Co. are trying to look really bad so professional hair stylists and makeup artists will have to come back to save them from themselves.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 3

4 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Did she look in the mirror? Do they all feel they have to wear glasses in the Skunk's presence?

1C6290C3-58ED-4218-8663-3C9237FEE5CD.thumb.jpeg.3a8fc8dd41ffecf8e2f7e632019221aa.jpeg

Don’t know if Miss K checked the mirror, but even the mannequin and clothes racks are reacting.

• Laugh 12

Shawn said she ordered two of the hats over the weekend. Okay, you just said you had trouble straightening out all your credit cards because you shopped so much-- and now you're buying more stuff? She should just keep her mouth shut about what she buys.

misc pics Shawn Killinger hat shapeless 1 9-21-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

27 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

D1387025-43CD-411E-86E5-95BBB79A111B.thumb.jpeg.2c862c6e70aca97022d5adad0ddd89df.jpeg

not kidding ^^^^

Seriously in this picture it looks like she is wearing a pair of those glasses with the fake nose attached.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 5

Omg. What a hot mess. Two slobs and a school marm.  I’m not sure what that thing on Shawn’s head is supposed to be  

Are those the blue blocker glasses they are selling? Hideous. 

• Like 9

Skunky told Coco she loved her hair tonight! When Coco looked to the side I noticed her hair is up with a pink scrunchie!! Like she just got out of the shower or back from the gym.

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 4

Shawn said she's wearing XS in the joggers, and Deanna is wearing XXS. I notice Deanna is also wearing those damn big glasses.

A286475 AnyBody Cozy Knit Jogger Pants

misc pics Shawn Killinger pants joggers AnyBody 3 collage 1 9-21-20.jpg

• Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

Shawn and CoKho were having a good laugh on someone who said she or he thought that big dog, Charlie, was real.  From far enough away, he does look real!

Also, I know you are trying to be all mad cool, but maybe many in your audience have failing vision since they are probably not millennials.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, you two.

Might be too late for Courtney tonight, though.  She is really offending my eyes.  And her hair colorist should have his or her license revoked. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Shawn said "Hello!  Hello!" to GILI Jill in a feigned nasal voice.   Is she mimicking her dear friend?

Jill seems sharp enough to realize Shawn is an overgrown mean girl. 

Jill also strikes me as the type of person that is a serious networker and doesn't want to burn any QVC bridges so tolerates Shawn.

-------------------------

@Fromwhereisit, your skills are priceless!  So entertaining and much appreciated.

• Like 10

I have some readers but they give me a headache and things get distorted if I wear them like regular glasses. I don’t understand how Shawn and the other hosts can wear them like that.

• Like 8