Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Recommended Posts

Remember this date: August 18, 2020  10:10pm

A31391E6-A5DA-4B15-B00D-A09730931117.thumb.jpeg.b943df8f5914a948548842af8ffb9750.jpeg169D94FD-B4C8-4A89-BF39-3AFBF9EBF8B6.thumb.jpeg.4067d24b5b8e88a86cf142c6d0d5807e.jpeg

To boost the memory of this, It was a set up! Whoop de doo.

They had the tissue ready. She asked for a tissue. She wiped her precious nose. Soon after, she swiped it with her hand as usual.

At the time, I captioned it as; (Shawn asking for and using a tissue)

A One Time Only

Only order of the year

Never coming back

- and to me, it looked so unnatural for her to be using a tissue. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Remember this date: August 18, 2020  10:10pm

A31391E6-A5DA-4B15-B00D-A09730931117.thumb.jpeg.b943df8f5914a948548842af8ffb9750.jpeg169D94FD-B4C8-4A89-BF39-3AFBF9EBF8B6.thumb.jpeg.4067d24b5b8e88a86cf142c6d0d5807e.jpeg

To boost the memory of this, It was a set up! Whoop de doo.

They had the tissue ready. She asked for a tissue. She wiped her precious nose. Soon after, she swiped it with her hand as usual.

At the time, I captioned it as; (Shawn asking for and using a tissue)

A One Time Only

Only order of the year

Never coming back

- and to me, it looked so unnatural for her to be using a tissue. 

  A rare and precious moment.  This should be saved for posterity.

She was probably thinking:  "What?  My sleeve isn't good enough?  Whatevs.  Perfect time to show off my flawed flashlight ring,  Honk honk." 

 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CandyApple said:

I'm sure the socially distanced OAPs are thankful they don't have to be near her questionable mucus membranes.

Unfortunately, someone is going to have to remove those jackets from the display. 🤢  Hoping they are keeping up with the hand washing/sanitizing guidelines. And walking around with a ten foot pole to keep Shawn at an appropriate distance.

The Q is a petri dish, partially courtesy of She Who Cannot Keep Her Snots To Herself.

QVC staff waiting for the end of Shawn's shit shift to be over to start cleanup.

 

 

hazmat.jpeg

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Remember this date: August 18, 2020  10:10pm

A31391E6-A5DA-4B15-B00D-A09730931117.thumb.jpeg.b943df8f5914a948548842af8ffb9750.jpeg169D94FD-B4C8-4A89-BF39-3AFBF9EBF8B6.thumb.jpeg.4067d24b5b8e88a86cf142c6d0d5807e.jpeg

To boost the memory of this, It was a set up! Whoop de doo.

They had the tissue ready. She asked for a tissue. She wiped her precious nose. Soon after, she swiped it with her hand as usual.

At the time, I captioned it as; (Shawn asking for and using a tissue)

A One Time Only

Only order of the year

Never coming back

- and to me, it looked so unnatural for her to be using a tissue. 

Yes! It was remarkable! In honor of Shawn, whoever thinks up these National Day things should declare August 18 to be National Wipe Your Nose With A Tissue Day.

Then we'll see if that makes her do it again next year.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aerohalen said:

i honestly think QVC pairing Shawn with Leah is them giving Shawn one last chance."if you cant work with Leah,you cant work with anyone!"

From your fingers to god’s eyes. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

When she was hired as an on air talent thirteen years ago, they probably thought she would be a breath of fresh air.

With her unusual candor, quick mind, fast mouth, flare for humor and conviviality she had the potential to light a fire in the QVC host stable.

i don’t know, at this moment, what the climate was in 2007. I’m pretty sure there was a recession. Whatever the socio-economic situation was, and whoever was at the helm of QVC, hiring Killinger most likely looked like a perfect plan.

As far as sales, she seems to have always generated solid sales. As viewers, we’ve thought of her as a powerhouse. Though I’m not sure there are customer accessible reports to support the theory that her sales numbers are great.

At some point, the 34 year old Shawn Killinger went from the breath of fresh air hire of 2007 to the 47 year old Shawn Killinger who has become a blowhard veteran host in 2020. Instead of anything fresh, she serves up strong and polarizing habits that have grown stale. Shawn has an aggressive selling style that eclipses the products she is there to sell. She is the spectacle in the spotlight, instead of the product or the network being the star. Shawn wants to be the rock star. And maybe the QVC wants the same thing.

There were signs of her earlier behavior that foreshadowed the problems that have led to the current perception by many, that Shawn Killinger is annoying.  There is enough displeasure and frustration surrounding her shows that she warrants a devoted place here, for the sole purpose of venting about her antics. 

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Somebody Stop Me said:

They should pair Shawn and Kerstin and call it what it would actually be:  “Narcissist Deathmatch.” 

Maybe Caro could be included and she could bring the squirrel .😏

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

She did a bit of sharing about her shopping habit. I've noticed how often she claims she's bought whatever she's selling.

At the beginning of the video for A385584 The Muses Lounge Faux-Leather Jacket with Ruffle Detail, she said:

"I’ve really had to start like self-limiting, because this credit card company called me reporting fraud. It wasn’t fraud. It was just me shopping too much, so I’ve really gotta like dial it back. But this is where we’re gonna go next…[talks about product]"

So of course in the very next product presentation, she said she'd ordered the item before the show. If she really buys all this stuff, like Carolyn claims to buy everything, they must be renting storage units to hold it all.

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger jacket leather fake Muses Lounge 1 9-15-20.jpg

  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

1082520188_miscpicsShawnKillingerjacketleatherfakeMusesLounge19-15-20.jpg.fb4a89ffb0f9a84f20e084cdebf40fec.jpg.0adee96fbee7c194fc22fb86d8d466fa.jpg

Is this jacket as ugly as I think it is? Something’s off - maybe it’s that the tone of blue clashes with her top? Or the ruffles? There is nothing flattering or redeeming about it. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a big fat juicy transcription. Remember, a little ways upthread, we were talking about Shawn trying to illustrate a connection with Leah over the fact that their fathers were both gone and they had especially loved their fathers? She started rambling about that in the Ryka shoe presentation on Sept. 15th.  She tried to tie it in to the philosophy of the Ryka company, but I thought she was stretching the point way too far, and it ended up sounding like a heavy-handed attempt to make viewers buy the sneakers because of sentimentality. It didn't work on me. I didn't like the sneaker when I first saw it, and I still didn't like it after she finished the stories.

The Ryka OAP, Edna Valentino, started out looking politely bored with Shawn's story, but then glowed with pleasure when Shawn made the linkage between her father's death, Leah's condolence card, and the Ryka philosophy about women. Leah was smiling too. So although the presentation left me flat, they were happy.

The first section of Shawn's comments, "I feel like I'm cheating on you," apparently refers to Edna having been Shawn's personal trainer sometime in the past. Shawn claims she's started working out now. (Wait and see how long that lasts.)

A382216 Ryka Mesh Bungee Slip-On Shoes - Felicity Mesh

3:18 Girl, it’s funny. I feel like I’m cheating on you by saying this. I’m working out with a new trainer. Yes, I did start doing that. At 47, I couldn’t avoid it any longer. She’s doing a lot of, kind of weight lifting, and like weight balls, things that don’t require a lot of cardio. And so it’s funny because I wore running shoes to work out with her, and they had too much cushion and too much lift, and she was like, “You need a flatter profile. You need a simpler shoe. Like, we’re not marathon running, so what do you have?” And I didn’t have anything at the time, and these would have been perfect, not to mention at the same time, Edna, I’m hosting a show with Leah. I have jeans on that are coming up, the top is coming up, it’s all cute, and like it doesn’t look like I’m wearing white laces, rabbit ears, and like performance sneakers. So that’s my little intro. I love ‘em.

 

[Rabbit ears?]

 

Shawn 8:43: [describing shoes] They are an all mesh upper. But I will say again, when my dad was with us, and you know the thing, I wanna tell a story but I don’t -- well I’ve got time. Okay. Can I tell this story? Okay, I’ll tell this story. So when my dad passed away, you know, we, we, I, we, we received obviously a lot of tender condolence cards. And Leah sent me a card, and it’s one of the cards, and there weren’t many that I kept, ‘cause you know, a card is a card. I kept this card in a memory box of a lot of my dad’s stuff, because she – Leah, do you remember the quote that you wrote in the card, because it was, she, Leah, as well, I posted on my social media today. Leah, her dad was her person too. And he also is upstairs now watching down on us. Anyway, I don’t wanna put you on the spot, if you don’t remember the quote, do you remember the quote?

Leah: I don’t remember exactly, but I remember, you know, I, I certainly had experienced that. And when I sat down to let you know how much I was thinking about you, and what I thought about in that moment was how incredible it is if you were someone who had an amazing father, and I think what I wrote was, the best thing in the world is to have a fantastic father. The hardest thing is to lose one. But the first thing is the thing that helps you endure the second one. And it was just that, so in that moment when I was thinking about you, it was just something I wanted to share with you, so… [voice trails off]

Shawn: So anyway, I wanted to share that because as we have popped on the screen, you know, uh, one of the things that I think is so awesome about your brand, you know, that was an example of, like, a woman lifting up a woman, right? Like my, my sister, my friend, my, my, colleague, lifting up me in a time of need, And Ryka has been doing that forever. You guys are like by women, for women, um, I don’t know that most people know, like a lot of jog shoes, performance shoes,  or even just like comfort sneakers on the market, other brands, they’re actually, they say women, but they’re based on a man’s foot, right?

Edna: Yes. Still to this day, knowing that we’re not the same, they’re still making shoes like that. And likewise, like you said, Shawn, I think that’s such a beautiful story. A woman lifting another woman. And really, you know, this is the time we need to be doing that. And I really align with the brand, Ryka, because that’s what they’re doing. They’re really listening to everybody’s concerns. They’re taking back the feedback. They’re doing better at, you know, whatever better they can do for you, they’re doing. They’re adding those little details that over a time like compound, right? It adds up to a lot [talks about the company for a while]

Leah: [talks about wearing the sneakers different places, and talking to her neighbor about the fall weather. She said she likes these sneakers because she can just step into them.]

Shawn 12:15: Amen, yeah. I’m all about the bungee. [The sneakers have bungee cords laces you don’t have to tie.] Anyway the reason I think that triggered that story about my dad as well is that, you know, when my dad was still alive, he was looking for a pair of sneakers. But obviously from an agility standpoint it was harder for him to like bend over every minute and like tie his shoes. And so I thought, okay, first of all, I’m getting my dad a cool pair of sneakers, and second of all, like this slip-on thing, like, um, people that cycle, like bike ride cycle professionally, they have shoes like this that slip on and don’t have laces on them. And it‘s just a really cool utility function thing, but also in this case, and these are completely new, they’re called the Felicity Mesh, they are comfortable but also stylish in that they can marry beautifully with a regular outfit. You don’t have to be wearing like workout gear, which not all sneakers can say that of themselves. So in the black… [talks about colors and widths available through end of video.]

 

 

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 3 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 2 9-15-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if they discussed the father references ahead of airtime?

I would think that the proper, professional thing would be to clear it with Leah first.  Shawn can discuss her family all she wants, but otherwise.....

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Breezies bra drama.

She stuck her tongue put while joking with Leah. They were talking about Vicki Lawrence, an actress on the 1970s Carol Burnett show, and how she used to dress up in character as an old lady with a saggy bosom. Shawn is developing a bad habit of sticking her tongue out. It looks awful.

A379945 Breezies Smooth Curves Underwire or Wirefree T-Shirt Bra

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger bra Breezies with Leah 5 collage 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger bra Breezies with Leah tongue out 2 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics actors Vicki Lawrence, Carol Burnett show 1.jpg

  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

”I am in a small. That’s not my normal QVC size, but with a sweater of this ilk, I don’t like it super form-fitting. Fall. Cozy. Fireside. Football tailgate. Like, I like it a little roomier, so I went a size up. Not gonna lie.” Yeah, right, like she never lies in her presentations.

I think she probably planned to wear the XS, but the crew put the small on her rack, so she had to wear it and make up an excuse about how she liked it roomier. The small fits her better than the XS and XXS she usually squeezes into. It doesn't look roomy or baggy on her, just looks like it actually fits.

A385010 Du Jour Novelty Sweater

 

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger sweater Du Jour floral small 9-15-20.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here's a big fat juicy transcription. Remember, a little ways upthread, we were talking about Shawn trying to illustrate a connection with Leah over the fact that their fathers were both gone and they had especially loved their fathers? She started rambling about that in the Ryka shoe presentation on Sept. 15th.  She tried to tie it in to the philosophy of the Ryka company, but I thought she was stretching the point way too far, and it ended up sounding like a heavy-handed attempt to make viewers buy the sneakers because of sentimentality. It didn't work on me. I didn't like the sneaker when I first saw it, and I still didn't like it after she finished the stories.

The Ryka OAP, Edna Valentino, started out looking politely bored with Shawn's story, but then glowed with pleasure when Shawn made the linkage between her father's death, Leah's condolence card, and the Ryka philosophy about women. Leah was smiling too. So although the presentation left me flat, they were happy.

The first section of Shawn's comments, "I feel like I'm cheating on you," apparently refers to Edna having been Shawn's personal trainer sometime in the past. Shawn claims she's started working out now. (Wait and see how long that lasts.)

A382216 Ryka Mesh Bungee Slip-On Shoes - Felicity Mesh

3:18 Girl, it’s funny. I feel like I’m cheating on you by saying this. I’m working out with a new trainer. Yes, I did start doing that. At 47, I couldn’t avoid it any longer. She’s doing a lot of, kind of weight lifting, and like weight balls, things that don’t require a lot of cardio. And so it’s funny because I wore running shoes to work out with her, and they had too much cushion and too much lift, and she was like, “You need a flatter profile. You need a simpler shoe. Like, we’re not marathon running, so what do you have?” And I didn’t have anything at the time, and these would have been perfect, not to mention at the same time, Edna, I’m hosting a show with Leah. I have jeans on that are coming up, the top is coming up, it’s all cute, and like it doesn’t look like I’m wearing white laces, rabbit ears, and like performance sneakers. So that’s my little intro. I love ‘em.

 

[Rabbit ears?]

 

Shawn 8:43: [describing shoes] They are an all mesh upper. But I will say again, when my dad was with us, and you know the thing, I wanna tell a story but I don’t -- well I’ve got time. Okay. Can I tell this story? Okay, I’ll tell this story. So when my dad passed away, you know, we, we, I, we, we received obviously a lot of tender condolence cards. And Leah sent me a card, and it’s one of the cards, and there weren’t many that I kept, ‘cause you know, a card is a card. I kept this card in a memory box of a lot of my dad’s stuff, because she – Leah, do you remember the quote that you wrote in the card, because it was, she, Leah, as well, I posted on my social media today. Leah, her dad was her person too. And he also is upstairs now watching down on us. Anyway, I don’t wanna put you on the spot, if you don’t remember the quote, do you remember the quote?

Leah: I don’t remember exactly, but I remember, you know, I, I certainly had experienced that. And when I sat down to let you know how much I was thinking about you, and what I thought about in that moment was how incredible it is if you were someone who had an amazing father, and I think what I wrote was, the best thing in the world is to have a fantastic father. The hardest thing is to lose one. But the first thing is the thing that helps you endure the second one. And it was just that, so in that moment when I was thinking about you, it was just something I wanted to share with you, so… [voice trails off]

Shawn: So anyway, I wanted to share that because as we have popped on the screen, you know, uh, one of the things that I think is so awesome about your brand, you know, that was an example of, like, a woman lifting up a woman, right? Like my, my sister, my friend, my, my, colleague, lifting up me in a time of need, And Ryka has been doing that forever. You guys are like by women, for women, um, I don’t know that most people know, like a lot of jog shoes, performance shoes,  or even just like comfort sneakers on the market, other brands, they’re actually, they say women, but they’re based on a man’s foot, right?

Edna: Yes. Still to this day, knowing that we’re not the same, they’re still making shoes like that. And likewise, like you said, Shawn, I think that’s such a beautiful story. A woman lifting another woman. And really, you know, this is the time we need to be doing that. And I really align with the brand, Ryka, because that’s what they’re doing. They’re really listening to everybody’s concerns. They’re taking back the feedback. They’re doing better at, you know, whatever better they can do for you, they’re doing. They’re adding those little details that over a time like compound, right? It adds up to a lot [talks about the company for a while]

Leah: [talks about wearing the sneakers different places, and talking to her neighbor about the fall weather. She said she likes these sneakers because she can just step into them.]

Shawn 12:15: Amen, yeah. I’m all about the bungee. [The sneakers have bungee cords laces you don’t have to tie.] Anyway the reason I think that triggered that story about my dad as well is that, you know, when my dad was still alive, he was looking for a pair of sneakers. But obviously from an agility standpoint it was harder for him to like bend over every minute and like tie his shoes. And so I thought, okay, first of all, I’m getting my dad a cool pair of sneakers, and second of all, like this slip-on thing, like, um, people that cycle, like bike ride cycle professionally, they have shoes like this that slip on and don’t have laces on them. And it‘s just a really cool utility function thing, but also in this case, and these are completely new, they’re called the Felicity Mesh, they are comfortable but also stylish in that they can marry beautifully with a regular outfit. You don’t have to be wearing like workout gear, which not all sneakers can say that of themselves. So in the black… [talks about colors and widths available through end of video.]

 

 

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 3 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 2 9-15-20.jpg

Nauseating

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder when she'll be allowed to do shots on the air next!  Just look at the endless theme show possibilities! Shooters with Shawn! Shawn's Body Shots! Shawn Needs Jello Shots!  Shawn's Shot O'Clock Picks! 

tenor.gif?itemid=15376880

tenor.gif?itemid=15139909

 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here's a big fat juicy transcription. Remember, a little ways upthread, we were talking about Shawn trying to illustrate a connection with Leah over the fact that their fathers were both gone and they had especially loved their fathers? She started rambling about that in the Ryka shoe presentation on Sept. 15th.  She tried to tie it in to the philosophy of the Ryka company, but I thought she was stretching the point way too far, and it ended up sounding like a heavy-handed attempt to make viewers buy the sneakers because of sentimentality. It didn't work on me. I didn't like the sneaker when I first saw it, and I still didn't like it after she finished the stories.

The Ryka OAP, Edna Valentino, started out looking politely bored with Shawn's story, but then glowed with pleasure when Shawn made the linkage between her father's death, Leah's condolence card, and the Ryka philosophy about women. Leah was smiling too. So although the presentation left me flat, they were happy.

The first section of Shawn's comments, "I feel like I'm cheating on you," apparently refers to Edna having been Shawn's personal trainer sometime in the past. Shawn claims she's started working out now. (Wait and see how long that lasts.)

A382216 Ryka Mesh Bungee Slip-On Shoes - Felicity Mesh

3:18 Girl, it’s funny. I feel like I’m cheating on you by saying this. I’m working out with a new trainer. Yes, I did start doing that. At 47, I couldn’t avoid it any longer. She’s doing a lot of, kind of weight lifting, and like weight balls, things that don’t require a lot of cardio. And so it’s funny because I wore running shoes to work out with her, and they had too much cushion and too much lift, and she was like, “You need a flatter profile. You need a simpler shoe. Like, we’re not marathon running, so what do you have?” And I didn’t have anything at the time, and these would have been perfect, not to mention at the same time, Edna, I’m hosting a show with Leah. I have jeans on that are coming up, the top is coming up, it’s all cute, and like it doesn’t look like I’m wearing white laces, rabbit ears, and like performance sneakers. So that’s my little intro. I love ‘em.

 

[Rabbit ears?]

 

Shawn 8:43: [describing shoes] They are an all mesh upper. But I will say again, when my dad was with us, and you know the thing, I wanna tell a story but I don’t -- well I’ve got time. Okay. Can I tell this story? Okay, I’ll tell this story. So when my dad passed away, you know, we, we, I, we, we received obviously a lot of tender condolence cards. And Leah sent me a card, and it’s one of the cards, and there weren’t many that I kept, ‘cause you know, a card is a card. I kept this card in a memory box of a lot of my dad’s stuff, because she – Leah, do you remember the quote that you wrote in the card, because it was, she, Leah, as well, I posted on my social media today. Leah, her dad was her person too. And he also is upstairs now watching down on us. Anyway, I don’t wanna put you on the spot, if you don’t remember the quote, do you remember the quote?

Leah: I don’t remember exactly, but I remember, you know, I, I certainly had experienced that. And when I sat down to let you know how much I was thinking about you, and what I thought about in that moment was how incredible it is if you were someone who had an amazing father, and I think what I wrote was, the best thing in the world is to have a fantastic father. The hardest thing is to lose one. But the first thing is the thing that helps you endure the second one. And it was just that, so in that moment when I was thinking about you, it was just something I wanted to share with you, so… [voice trails off]

Shawn: So anyway, I wanted to share that because as we have popped on the screen, you know, uh, one of the things that I think is so awesome about your brand, you know, that was an example of, like, a woman lifting up a woman, right? Like my, my sister, my friend, my, my, colleague, lifting up me in a time of need, And Ryka has been doing that forever. You guys are like by women, for women, um, I don’t know that most people know, like a lot of jog shoes, performance shoes,  or even just like comfort sneakers on the market, other brands, they’re actually, they say women, but they’re based on a man’s foot, right?

Edna: Yes. Still to this day, knowing that we’re not the same, they’re still making shoes like that. And likewise, like you said, Shawn, I think that’s such a beautiful story. A woman lifting another woman. And really, you know, this is the time we need to be doing that. And I really align with the brand, Ryka, because that’s what they’re doing. They’re really listening to everybody’s concerns. They’re taking back the feedback. They’re doing better at, you know, whatever better they can do for you, they’re doing. They’re adding those little details that over a time like compound, right? It adds up to a lot [talks about the company for a while]

Leah: [talks about wearing the sneakers different places, and talking to her neighbor about the fall weather. She said she likes these sneakers because she can just step into them.]

Shawn 12:15: Amen, yeah. I’m all about the bungee. [The sneakers have bungee cords laces you don’t have to tie.] Anyway the reason I think that triggered that story about my dad as well is that, you know, when my dad was still alive, he was looking for a pair of sneakers. But obviously from an agility standpoint it was harder for him to like bend over every minute and like tie his shoes. And so I thought, okay, first of all, I’m getting my dad a cool pair of sneakers, and second of all, like this slip-on thing, like, um, people that cycle, like bike ride cycle professionally, they have shoes like this that slip on and don’t have laces on them. And it‘s just a really cool utility function thing, but also in this case, and these are completely new, they’re called the Felicity Mesh, they are comfortable but also stylish in that they can marry beautifully with a regular outfit. You don’t have to be wearing like workout gear, which not all sneakers can say that of themselves. So in the black… [talks about colors and widths available through end of video.]

 

 

 

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 3 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger shoes Ryka sneakers long story about father 2 9-15-20.jpg

First, mad props to you for being able to get through that, let alone to write it all down!

Shawn may feel she's a "verbal acrobat" but her inability to speak in complete thoughts and sentences reveals deficiency.  The other two were able to speak cogently - why couldn't Shawn?  As soon as she started this whole thing, I had to walk away.  First, it had nothing at all to do with the shoe.  But when Shawn said "I don't want to put you on the spot......" and then, PUT HER ON THE SPOT,  it was very off-putting to me. 

Lastly, writing a note of condolence isn't about "women uplifting women".  It's about being a kind and thoughtful person, it's something that kind and thoughtful people do for others they care about.  It's a human gesture.  I'm so tired of that phrase "women uplifting women" being bantered about!

 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

That is why I was puzzled about the whole story.  The connection between the condolence card and Ryka was a twisted curvy path she took!

And she could have just said Leah sent me a nice card. Period.  But to her nothing is ever enough. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

That whole Shawn Ryka story’s sooooo boring, too.  It just went on and on.  I, too, am impressed you could sit through it.

After a parent passes, I think it is normal to want to talk about him/her.  But that whole thing could have been summed up with “this shoe would be great for an elderly person who has trouble tying shoes.”  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

That transcript made me cringe.  Taking a thoughtful, private message and twisting it to sell sneakers.

Leah probably didn't want to create waves, so went along with it, also cringing on the inside.  Remember who you are dealing with before you try to do something nice for them.

I'm wondering if the Classy Leah and Sassy Shawn labels have Shawn jealous, and if she is a narcissist, will try to take Leah down a few notches from her Little Miss Perfect loft with some surprise attack questions on every show they share.  

Shawn will make room on her clothesline to air Leah's dirty laundry, but I think Shawn's skivvies will be blowing in the wind by themselves because, hopefully, Leah won't go there with her.  Not to mix metaphors, but Leah's been doing this too long to be caught up in Shawn's tacky web.

 

    

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I’d like to add one point, the term sassy is a very coveted descriptor these days. It probably has been creeping into a popular spot for a while now. Years ago, an oversized pink limousine, sporting the word Sweet and Sassy Spa Parties for young girls etc. opened up a location here. I’ve never held the word ‘sassy’ in high regard. It’s always been more of a negative to me. Now, little girls are applauded for their sass.

It’s bold and cheeky or impudent and cocky. So the show schemers landed on that pair of words to play off of for Leah and Shawn.

Leah is recognizably a class act. Shawn pretends and augments her sassiness deliberately, as usual.

IMHO

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah.  A sassy kid is usually just an obnoxious kid that disrespects adults.  Not a characteristic to celebrate or encourage.     

My dearly departed feline was what I would describe as sassy.  A little mean and mischievous.

For a middle-aged woman earning six figures who acts in these ways at the expense of co-workers to highlight her self-importance, it's just not cute.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, CandyApple said:

Yeah.  A sassy kid is usually just an obnoxious kid that disrespects adults.  Not a characteristic to celebrate or encourage.     

My dearly departed feline was what I would describe as sassy.  A little mean and mischievous.

For a middle-aged woman earning six figures who acts in these ways at the expense of co-workers to highlight her self-importance, it's just not cute.

 

Does anybody remember a mom or grandma looking down sternly at a kid, and saying "Don't you sass me!"

misc pics cartoons sassy don't you sass me meme 3 collage 1.jpg

cat sassy don't you sass me meme.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sassy is a compliment for women now, meaning "stands up for self, somewhat irreverent."  I think Shawn loves being called "sassy." 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

I’d like to add one point, the term sassy is a very coveted descriptor these days. It probably has been creeping into a popular spot for a while now. Years ago, an oversized pink limousine, sporting the word Sweet and Sassy Spa Parties for young girls etc. opened up a location here. I’ve never held the word ‘sassy’ in high regard. It’s always been more of a negative to me. Now, little girls are applauded for their sass.

It’s bold and cheeky or impudent and cocky. So the show schemers landed on that pair of words to play off of for Leah and Shawn.

Leah is recognizably a class act. Shawn pretends and augments her sassiness deliberately, as usual.

IMHO

Shawn is well past the sell-by date to be called 'sassy.'

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Starting the Isaac show with a giant doggie leg lift. This is so gross!

misc pics Shawn Killinger leg lift giant Isaac show 1 9-18-20.jpg

She looks like the village idiot, she acts like one too!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size