Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

 

Shawn is on her phone. Ordering stuff?

misc pics Shawn Killinger Leah show 1 9-15-20.jpg

Looking at creeper requests to take off her shoes and rub her feet apparently.

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:


I absolutely hate the way she stacks her adjectives in that monotone that she reserves just for her descriptions of clothing.

The uh-mazing top is just so pretty, floaty, silky and, yeah.F0559265-FB5B-4924-8B25-3FB9741089C3.jpeg.dc1cb1279ccc45cf8856a9f71b362ed0.jpeg

 

Also — “too tighty.”

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Vamping for the camera in an upcoming fuzzy coat. In the second pic, you can't find her legs! She was sitting with her legs tucked under her, and her pants were about the same dark color as the sofa upholstery.

misc pics Shawn Killinger coat fuzzy white Leah show 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger coat fuzzy white Leah show 2 9-15-20.jpg

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

I know the Q sells wine, but slugging it down in huge glasses is inappropriate IMHO.  I don't know any job where you can drink wine during working hours.

Doesn't Diamond Dave carry around a glass on his Down Home show?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Skunko practically guzzling wine was unprofessional and inappropriate and then topped off with IM's Jacque on Skype showing off her empty bottle of IM's wine she was so proud of but pretending to be embarrassed about it. it's not cute!

I liked Leah last night. She added some professionalism and sophistication to a usual train wreck. As for the pairing of these two, it made me uncomfortable and found them too distracting from the actual products presented. Especially the split screens. Too much fakery, phony laughs and talking over each other!

At one point Sandra B was on a split screen with them and she looked so nervous and seem to want no part of it which actually made me want no part of it either and wanted to change the channel!! 

 

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

The paring looked forced at times. Leah usually works in the daytime, so I'm wondering why they didn't make Shawn come in early to work with Leah on a day show, instead of making Leah come in so late to work in Shawn's time slot? Apparently this Leah and Shawn Cheers show is going to last for a while. So Leah has to work some nights, while Shawn never has to work days. 😠

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

But she has to work 7pm on a Sat which means arriving to work at least 3hrs prior. So that kills her weekend but she still gets to sleep in!

She mentioned again how her Mom lives with her permanently now with mobility issues. Lo wants to try Women In Control pants??? Wonder how that's really going? 

Back to this L & S pairing. I also felt Leah was forced to get personal and was digging deep for personal stories. It was pathetic.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I think Leah is carrying the show. Shawn is sprawled on the sofa fooling around.

Shawn always has to do something weird to be “different”. Posing, taking her shoes off and rubbing product on them, wearing that collared sweater different than the others and shit like that. Is it just to call attention to herself?  To try to be the zany one?  WTF?  

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Taffy Apple said:

I know the Q sells wine, but slugging it down in huge glasses is inappropriate IMHO.  I don't know any job where you can drink wine during working hours.

Winemaker?  Sommelier?

Given the color of the glass contents, I wouldn't be surprised if Leah's glass contained flat ginger ale.  From my wine-drinking experience, only a heavily-oaked Chardonnay would be that color.

As for the whole pairing of those two, it's obvious Q is desperate to have someone keep Shawn focused/rein her in. 

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I thought Skunko practically guzzling wine was unprofessional and inappropriate and then topped off with IM's Jacque on Skype showing off her empty bottle of IM's wine she was so proud of but pretending to be embarrassed about it. it's not cute!

I liked Leah last night. She added some professionalism and sophistication to a usual train wreck. As for the pairing of these two, it made me uncomfortable and found them too distracting from the actual products presented. Especially the split screens. Too much fakery, phony laughs and talking over each other!

At one point Sandra B was on a split screen with them and she looked so nervous and seem to want no part of it which actually made me want no part of it either and wanted to change the channel!! 

 

It was definitely a show with lots of forced giggles. Now we're reduced to watching Skunky swilling wine because she doesn't realize you enjoy each sip. It was obvious that her hair was dirty again. At the end of the show she asked Leah if she would work with her again. What was Leah supposed to say - " hell no you batty witch, but I was forced to chaperone you".  I guess the Q is waiting for her to show up tanked, in her crusty PJs and slurring words. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I never understood why they wouldn't let the hosts eat during the food presentations (since COVID).  It's OK (if we choose to and feel safe) to eat food prepared by someone else at a restaurant.  It's even OK to have meals delivered to our homes by strangers.  Whatever, it just doesn't make sense to me.  But now it's OK for them to guzzle wine on air?  Explain,  please!

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was forced. I agree they are trying to pair Shawn with someone who does her job the right way.

I love the "my mom is interested in the women in control pants."  Her way of trying to sell the product without saying she wouldn't be caught dead in that brand.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think I was simultaneously stunned and appalled that she would pull not only her late father, but Leah's, into a Ryka presentation!

It clearly made Leah uncomfortable,  but she was gracious. I still don't understand what she was trying to convey. 

Shawn and her Q management team are beneath contempt

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I think I was simultaneously stunned and appalled that she would pull not only her late father, but Leah's, into a Ryka presentation!

It clearly made Leah uncomfortable,  but she was gracious. I still don't understand what she was trying to convey. 

Shawn and her Q management team are beneath contempt

Shawn probably doesn't know what she was trying to convey, either!

I was able to watch the show last night, simply because Leah was on.  I got the full Shawn treatment because of that, something I haven't had in several years.

Shawn just blurts and blabs with no rhyme or reason.  She stops in mid sentence to change her voice to let us know "500 ordered" and then never goes back to what she was saying (which wasn't worth it to begin with), she interrupts inappropriately and, in general, just tries too hard.  She was definitely aware - as we were -  that she was not in her element last night.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I think I was simultaneously stunned and appalled that she would pull not only her late father, but Leah's, into a Ryka presentation!

It clearly made Leah uncomfortable,  but she was gracious. I still don't understand what she was trying to convey. 

Shawn and her Q management team are beneath contempt

It's clear as day that Shawn does not want a co-host or a social secretary and will make it known on-air.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Trying to avoid a purely visceral reaction to anything Shawn, it’s obvious to me that when you have to formulate a concept and push it sooooo hard, then it’s at its inception.

The contrivance, that was last night’s debut show, was not good.

Sometimes I feel like I’m watching the Ghost Ship of Home Shopping, before it is stopped and decommissioned.

Imagine, Leah Williams, when they pitched the idea to her for this show. “Happy 25th Anniversary at QVC! Oh, and we want you to host a new show at night with Shawn Killinger.”

78051B93-40B1-4D65-A9B0-B83E3ED77C46.thumb.jpeg.98021f0ed13516bfebb5b8d36311c1d2.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll need some help with this. After the new show was underway, at some point Shawn comes at Leah with an aggressive, “I wanna know more about you.”  Leah responds and so forth. Then Shawn launches another one of her absolutely inappropriate and awkward capsules of sentences at Leah. I think I blocked most of it. She said something like, “Oh, I wanna just climb on top of you and ask you questions until...“

 
Much earlier in the show, Shawn had come at her, or a model, with a smaller peppering of those comments like, “oh...are you single? Cause if you are...I’d like to hang out with you...”     !?!?

It was so weird.
 

 

Somebody lock her down!

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I missed another version of the "are you single" discussion?

I only saw it when Leah was modeling something and Shawn said "all I wanna know is, are you single?", which was a way to say that Leah looked great.    Unless there was another instance of this, I didn't think it was Shawn peppering her with questions.

** I had the show on, but I was also reading a book at the same time!

 

Share this post


Link to post

if you work with someone for 13 years wouldn't you have a vague idea who is single or not

it's a way to needle someone in public where they can't pushback, PA

 

in that way she has like asking innocent questions but not really

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Desperate and boring, all around.

At one point Shawn called the fuzzy coat "a frock".

Leah's grim, frozen-lipped "smile" caught during a split screen while Skunk and an OAP were chattering on and on, was truly disturbing.  Williams looked like she wanted to be any place but there.

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Maybe I missed another version of the "are you single" discussion?

I only saw it when Leah was modeling something and Shawn said "all I wanna know is, are you single?", which was a way to say that Leah looked great.    Unless there was another instance of this, I didn't think it was Shawn peppering her with questions.

** I had the show on, but I was also reading a book at the same time!

 

Yeah, I actually don’t think she was asking Leah per se, if she is “single”. She has tossed this phrase out a few times now. It’s more like an extrinsic, jargon phrase and it’s asked with an attitude of a sort of come on, a pick up line, if you will. And she acts like she’s really into the person, when she’s asked it of someone. It’s not a question, it’s a statement. Like, ‘boy, are you’re hot.’ That’s what I don’t think is appropriate for two hosts.

As for the other, mini question and answer session, that ended with an ambiguous , ‘I wanna know more. I could jump on top of you and just keep asking questions.” (Something like that.), I’ll have to look for it. I would say it happened in the middle.
 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, Shawn’s new phrase, ‘Are you single?’ is during the women with control pant, in the 3 shot of Leah, Goldstein and Shawn, at about the 6:00 mark. And actually, I think she said it of the red headed model with the lace top either in that item’s first presentation or when they revisited it toward the end.

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Yes, Shawn’s new phrase, ‘Are you single?’ is during the women with control pant, in the 3 shot of Leah, Goldstein and Shawn, at about the 6:00 mark. And actually, I think she said it of the red headed model with the lace top either in that item’s first presentation or when they revisited it toward the end.

Well she's so mad cool🤣I'd like to see them pair her with Jayne Brown, Jayne would whip her into shape.

Edited by Elle820
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

IMO, whoever she said “are you single” to is irrelevant. It’s not appropriate. It presupposes someone who is single is looking for a man. (I don’t think she can fathom being interested in a woman) It also suggests that the only way to have someone interested in you is with your looks. 
Most importantly, it’s none of the general public’s business. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

18 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

She looks like a washed-up bar 

19 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Vamping for the camera in an upcoming fuzzy coat. In the second pic, you can't find her legs! She was sitting with her legs tucked under her, and her pants were about the same dark color as the sofa upholstery.

misc pics Shawn Killinger coat fuzzy white Leah show 1 9-15-20.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger coat fuzzy white Leah show 2 9-15-20.jpg

I think she looks perfect for the remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in the Bette Davis role. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, LeeDenny said:

IMO, whoever she said “are you single” to is irrelevant. It’s not appropriate. It presupposes someone who is single is looking for a man. (I don’t think she can fathom being interested in a woman) It also suggests that the only way to have someone interested in you is with your looks. 
Most importantly, it’s none of the general public’s business. 

And can I add, if she’s getting into a habit of saying this line, like she’s drooling over the person, I hope someone puts her in her place. Whether it’s mad-cool, quasi compliment, it sounds like she’s drooling over the person. Like...she’s implying her feelings in a romantic or sexual way. Just very comfortable. She should probably knock it off. Someone might feel, I don’t know, sex harassment.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fromwhereisit said:

And can I add, if she’s getting into a habit of saying this line, like she’s drooling over the person, I hope someone puts her in her place. Whether it’s mad-cool, quasi compliment, it sounds like she’s drooling over the person. Like...she’s implying her feelings in a romantic or sexual way. Just very comfortable. She should probably knock it off. Someone might feel, I don’t know, sex harassment.

Agree. The models are there to make the clothes look nice, not to be sex objects and subjected to inappropriate comments from the hosts. I can see Shawn saying something like, "[name], you are really rocking that dress!" but she shouldn't prattle on and say "Are you single?"

Last night she said, about one of the models, "I want to propose to her!" I'll have to look through the product videos to see exactly where she said it, but I remember feeling grossed out when I heard it.

Look at it this way: if a male host said the things Shawn says to/about the models, he'd get reprimanded, or fired.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 11
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I found the "are you single" probing really, really uncomfortable.  A Shawn Probe. Ouch!  

What could Leah do but laugh it off.

Leah could have "kept it real" by firing back at her "do you have herpes"? That would have been quite cheeky to see Shawn's reaction,lol. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Last night she said, about one of the models, "I want to propose to her!" I'll have to look through the product videos to see exactly where she said it, but I remember feeling grossed out when I heard it.

Look at it this way: if a male host said the things Shawn says to/about the models, he'd get reprimanded, or fired.

Maybe SK's indulging in a little light 'lesbianesque' banter, because that would make her seem even more edgy and cool!

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

The comments at the network forums were not too favorable for the new pairing. Lots of people expressed similar opinions. What was absent, was the overwhelming sense of minions throwing accolades at Shawn. Which translates to, they were disappointed or not happy. They weren’t even chiming in with the usual force, to defend her and clamp down on the naysayers. Same situation at the network Facebook and Shawn’s Q Facebook pages.

1. If you have to pair your one host with another host so that one keeps the other in line by setting a good example, then you’ve got bigger problems with your staff and on air talent. None of which will be fixed like this.

2. This duo, any pairing with Skunky,  won’t work mainly because she makes a negative spectacle of herself. She often can’t even share the stage with the OAP, guest, designer or models, for that matter. And we’ve witnessed already, the cohosting or social media person crashes.

3. Some did say they liked the show, or want to give it a chance. However, more said No way!  I think Debbie Danger is dancing too close to the drop. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

shawn-nose-wipe-081-082.gif

Being defiant about not touching your nose during the Covid pandemic isn't mad cool or quirky. It just shows how ignorant this middle-aged woman is.

18 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

And can I add, if she’s getting into a habit of saying this line, like she’s drooling over the person, I hope someone puts her in her place. Whether it’s mad-cool, quasi compliment, it sounds like she’s drooling over the person. Like...she’s implying her feelings in a romantic or sexual way. Just very comfortable. She should probably knock it off. Someone might feel, I don’t know, sex harassment.

If a male host did this, there would be hell to pay. The Q is dancing a fine line by letting this idiot say such things.  

Edited by Wollstonecraft
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

Being defiant about not touching your nose during the Covid pandemic isn't mad cool or quirky. It just shows how ignorant this middle-aged woman is.

If a male host did this, there would be hell to pay. The Q is dancing a fine line by letting this idiot day such things.  

This nose wiping is beyond repulsive.  It also makes the clothes look suspect!  Is there something in the fabrication or dyes used that is causing an allergic reaction?  There is no excuse for her doing this on air without tissues but serious questions need to be answered re. the cause of it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

shawn-nose-wipe-081-082.gif

I'm sure the socially distanced OAPs are thankful they don't have to be near her questionable mucus membranes.

Unfortunately, someone is going to have to remove those jackets from the display. 🤢  Hoping they are keeping up with the hand washing/sanitizing guidelines. And walking around with a ten foot pole to keep Shawn at an appropriate distance.

The Q is a petri dish, partially courtesy of She Who Cannot Keep Her Snots To Herself.

Edited by CandyApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, Fromwhereisit said:

4EF1D21E-73A2-4142-A854-2E6944457493.thumb.jpeg.1859e25933cfcf7a70e7f8291059f1c8.jpeg

just a quick peek

Leah:  I'm perky, nice, and going into this new adventure as an optimist.  Cheers, Shawn!

Shawn:  (Inside voice):  What is she so happy about?  Maybe I should buy a vat of that wine.  Got any Tito's in your locker for later?

             (Outside voice):  How much weight did you lose?  What are your favorite parts to epilate?  Your outfit reminds me of a pilgrim. Do you have any family in England?   

Edited by CandyApple
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size