Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Not only her slovenly presentation to the world and how she boasts about it, is her slothful nature that she also brags about. 
...Not surprised at all that the woman who declares repeatedly, how fond she is of her pajama-wearing days and her sleepy, sedentary ways, is also the one who first retreated to home and is MIA at this point. If the behavioral tendencies fit, wear them. Know what I mean?

• Like 5

Shawn posted on FB a video of her holding her fathers hand and that he passed May 2.  She will be returning to the Q June 1st

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Yes, she just posted a sort of eulogy on Instagram as well.

• Like 2

I was really close to my dad as Shawn was to hers. Her tribute to him was touching. 

It’s tough, my deepest condolences to her. 

• Like 6

Sorry to hear that her father passed on May 2. Rest in peace, Mr. David R. Killinger, Sr., and condolences to spouse Loandra and the other family members.

But I wonder why Shawn is taking another month off. Once the funeral is held, her responsibilities to her father have ended. Two more weeks for quarantine, maybe, but a whole month?

• Like 4

RIP David Killinger. 

At least we won't have to see her until June 1 if that is some consolation for her and us!  Let's give her the space she needs to mourn!!  Finally, she wants privacy if you call her recent post private and more like TMI and will take me a month to read anyways.  

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 7

My condolences to Shawn and her family. Unless she starts her craziness online ,I'm going to step back for now.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

RIP David Killinger. 

At least we won't have to see her until June 1 is that is some consolation for her and us!  Let's give her the space she needs to mourn!!  Finally, she wants privacy if you call her recent post private but was more than enough and will take me a month to read anyways.  

Just another over-the-top post in bad taste complete with tape where moaning is heard.  She has no respect for anyone ...guess Dad forgot to teach her manners!...very rude to post what should be private.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Sorry to hear that her father passed on May 2. Rest in peace, Mr. David R. Killinger, Sr., and condolences to spouse Loandra and the other family members.

But I wonder why Shawn is taking another month off. Once the funeral is held, her responsibilities to her father have ended. Two more weeks for quarantine, maybe, but a whole month?

There was a funeral?  

5 hours ago, Pammy1964 said:

Shawn posted on FB a video of her holding her fathers hand and that he passed May 2.  She will be returning to the Q June 1st

It was all about her, she mentioned her Mother in the last sentence, and that she'll be wearing his law ring when she comes back.

God rest his soul he's at peace now.

Edited by Elle820
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Elle820 said:

It was all about her, she mentioned her Mother in the last sentence, and that she'll be wearing his law ring when she comes back.

God rest his soul he's at peace now.

What's a law ring? Why don't I have one?

• Laugh 5

It's probably the ring that PopPop was wearing in the FB video. It looked like a class ring.

• Like 6

Closeup of the ring. It was turned sideways, so it's hard to identify as a class ring. I mean, which law (?) school.

misc pics Shawn Killinger father ring death 5-02-20.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 2

Mr. Killinger attended The College of Law at Southern Illinois University.

He graduated from State University of Iowa with a B.A. in political science.

• Useful 4

My condolences..I have had two close people who have died from pancreatic cancer and it isn't pretty.

That said, I found the whole post to seem somewhat staged.  It starts out with SK sniffling and sighing and PopPop moaning throughout with "That's Life" in the background.  If she wanted that as a memory for herself, fine, but posting it on social media is in the highest of poor taste, IMO. Pretty intrusive on her father's dying moments.  I could say a lot more about the contents of the post, but I will let it be.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 5

I agree 100%.  Such a personal, intimate, final moment of a loved one's precious life should be kept private.  Her Dad was dying. But I never really embraced the social media lifestyle or whatever it's called and putting it all out there regardless and then ask for privacy when it gets too real, so hard to relate and see it all the time.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 19

16 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

I agree 100%.  Such a personal, intimate, final moment of a loved one's precious life should be kept private.  Her Dad was dying. But I never really embraced the social media lifestyle or whatever it's called and putting it all out there regardless and then ask for privacy when it gets too real, so hard to relate and see it all the time.

💯

• Like 4

Losing a parent under any circumstances is painful, so condolences. 

However, the public sorrow on a QVC supported forum is, to me, unthinkable,  but I'm a pretty private person.

QVC needs to rethink how hosts use their company social media platforms. This was something for family and close acquaintances.  I felt I was intruding, reading some of it.

• Like 19

The post was extremely disrespectful and all about "her".  She makes a small mention of her mother and NO mention of her brother.  I found it very troubling-she talks about staying off social media, yet posts a video of her dying father, with moaning in the background..i just can't.  Morbid and horrifying.  She has epitomized the meaning of narcissist.  

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Pammy1964 said:

The post was extremely disrespectful and all about "her".  She makes a small mention of her mother and NO mention of her brother.  I found it very troubling-she talks about staying off social media, yet posts a video of her dying father, with moaning in the background..i just can't.  Morbid and horrifying.  She has epitomized the meaning of narcissist.  

A mental health professional would have a year's worth of therapy dissecting that post....

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Losing a parent under any circumstances is painful, so condolences. 

However, the public sorrow on a QVC supported forum is, to me, unthinkable,  but I'm a pretty private person.

QVC needs to rethink how hosts use their company social media platforms. This was something for family and close acquaintances.  I felt I was intruding, reading some of it.

I didn't watch but completely agree,  it should not be posted

• Like 8

As much as i joked about Shawn in the past, I miss her QVC presence. But, to be honest, I watch QVC more for an awkward comic distraction than for actual shopping or information. A lot of the on air hosts currently are just annoying, not comically annoying. I find the channel a little on the sad side now. With the OAPs calling in and David losing some of his dancing magic its just not the same.

Edited by Captain Bob
  • Like 5

On 5/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, selhars said:

But we don't know that sales in her time slot are down. Could be up because people are home more.

I was thinking sales might be down because so many people are out of work.  

If sales are down Q will probably take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to renew Skunkys and other hosts contracts.

Pisses me off...I wish she'd been out, sales went up, and Q FIRED her a**.

IMO her sharing the video on FB is as per usual all for attention. Shame on you Skunky!

I have zero sympathy for her dealing with Pop Pops passing.  IMO her taking off from work to spend time with Pop Pop and not risk bringing the virus home to him was a means to an end. To get out of working. And for attention of course.

So after his passing she's taking off ANOTHER month.  Most companies offer 3 days off.  She's been off over a MONTH, has had time to prepare for his passing (not that she needed any as doesn't think of anyone but herself), needs to think for once of others (co workers that have filled in for her) and get her A** back to work.

As in the past with any event she's had in her life she's milking it for all it's worth.

UGH! Her pathetic being turns my stomach!  

Sorry not sorry if my post sounds harsh.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, Pammy1964 said:

this calls for major complaint to QVC imo!  I am also reporting to Facebook if possible about the inappropriate post.  And whomever said it appeared staged was so right!  Wonder if jobless Joe was filming or if not, who was doing it.  Totally inappropriate and vulgar...just like Shawn Killinger is.

• Like 7

Sandra selling the Pop Sonic epilator with Skunky's doodles all over it!  No mention of herr or how much they miss her. Nothing!

20200509_005952.thumb.jpg.d99435093ab711fe2c39955195b076c6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

14 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Sandra selling the Pop Sonic epilator with Skunky's doodles all over it!  No mention of herr or how much they miss her. Nothing!

20200509_005952.thumb.jpg.d99435093ab711fe2c39955195b076c6.jpg

I`m  keeping my word about Shawn, but something I have notice. The hosts that I follow on Instagram. Not one has mention Shawn and her father passing. That tells me ,they must be tired of her.

Edited by Watcher25
  • Like 4
  • Useful 8

Not much to add about Shawn’s video that hasn’t been said. Just that it was the most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen. No one can tell me she didn’t do that for herself. To get sympathy or whatever. Even her “eulogy” was more about her.  That video is pitiful. That she would use her Father’s dying breaths is just beyond what any civilized person would do. She disgusts me at this point. 

• Like 14

Unfortunately I think she may still be using her father in her sales spiels going forward, and the video/eulogy was a set-up for her fan base. Sort of like how Jane does it, but with much less sincerity. 

I hope I'm wrong,  but I'm pretty cynical. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

10 hours ago, rosethorn said:

this calls for major complaint to QVC imo!  I am also reporting to Facebook if possible about the inappropriate post.  And whomever said it appeared staged was so right!  Wonder if jobless Joe was filming or if not, who was doing it.  Totally inappropriate and vulgar...just like Shawn Killinger is.

I completely agree Rosethorn.  A video of a dying person is vulgar, inappropriate and shameful.  She needs to be gone from the Q-held accountable for her tasteless over the top poor me give me attention crap.  I cringe because I remember holding my dad's hand when he passed and seriously, the thought of video taping it-well, it never entered my mind, nor would it ever enter my mind.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Pammy1964 said:

I completely agree Rosethorn.  A video of a dying person is vulgar, inappropriate and shameful.  She needs to be gone from the Q-held accountable for her tasteless over the top poor me give me attention crap.  I cringe because I remember holding my dad's hand when he passed and seriously, the thought of video taping it-well, it never entered my mind, nor would it ever enter my mind.

I was present when both of my parents passed. The thought of using those situations for social media content makes me ill.  Shawn is beneath contempt. 

• Like 18

there was a story on the local news

woman whose mother in her 90's recovered, but the video of her in the hospital with a trach tube and no dentures, is so tasteless that it's shameful

and yes that is the reality, but lets have some dignity 

==================================================

did shawn post the death of her father on facebook?

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 6

I have banned myself from watching Shawn since her Hear My Soul Speak/I Have the Worst Feet days.  I feel for anyone who has lost a parent, Shawn included, and my condolences to her and her family.   May Mr.  Killinger rest in peace.  But this video of her father moaning, which I will not look at, as I respect ill and dying people and think they deserve to be given dignity when they can't demand it themselves, is beyond unconscionable.  If you need that kind of attention, something is sorely lacking in what appears to be a full life.  Very sad, indeed. 

• Like 14

My Lord ! I had no ideal about the video . I will not say anything and bite my bottom lip until I draw blood.smh

• Like 9
  • Laugh 2

6 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Unfortunately I think she may still be using her father in her sales spiels going forward, and the video/eulogy was a set-up for her fan base. Sort of like how Jane does it, but with much less sincerity. 

I hope I'm wrong,  but I'm pretty cynical. 

She's been using his cancer as a sales pitch for a long time, and ramped it up during the Christmas selling season. She kept saying "my father has cancer and I bought this for him and he loves it so much," when she was selling products such as fuzzy throws and green drink concoctions.

Now she will just put it in the past tense. "When my father had cancer, I bought this for him ..."

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 4
  • Sad 8

Reading Shawn's eulogy to her father, I believe she is a woman that loved her father very much.  Still, we don't need to know every nuance that was Mr.  Killinger.  Keep that for yourself and family.  And she managed to slip in her father had "many pennies".  Great.  He was rich.  Who cares?  What bothered me more was the video which started itself and I quickly turned off.  She was holding his pale, withered hand and his wrist was deathly thin.  Very, very sad.  If I could, I would just ask Shawn this:  "Is nothing sacred?"  No class.                 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

Was the video on Facebook or IG?

6 hours ago, Lady J said:

I was present when both of my parents passed. The thought of using those situations for social media content makes me ill.  Shawn is beneath contempt. 

I lost my mother in May and am so sorry I watched that shameful video as it has caused great distress/nightmares reliving her final days/hours.  How brazenly rude of her!  I can't believe her mother, brother or husband would permit this but who knows?  Maybe they were all in on the production.

After someone posted it seemed staged, I agreed and now find myself  wondering if that was really the father in his last moments moaning.  He could have already passed and Shawn had jobless Joe filming and doing a voiceover (moaning) complete with "That's Life" playing in the background!

When my mother and other loved ones were passing, my total concentration was on them and I cannot fathom having my attention diverted by a video production! Nor would I have permitted such a gross invasion of privacy violating my loved one's rights to same!

Edited by rosethorn
  • Like 7
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lori NoGo said:

Reading Shawn's eulogy to her father, I believe she is a woman that loved her father very much.  Still, we don't need to know every nuance that was Mr.  Killinger.  Keep that for yourself and family.  And she managed to slip in her father had "many pennies".  Great.  He was rich.  Who cares?  What bothered me more was the video which started itself and I quickly turned off.  She was holding his pale, withered hand and his wrist was deathly thin.  Very, very sad.  If I could, I would just ask Shawn this:  "Is nothing sacred?"  No class.                 

Yes, I noticed the comment about the pennies and all he did for her--her worldly travels.

I hate to judge, but I know absolutely no one that would write a self-aggrandizing post for the world to see with that tasteless video on the death of her father.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Was the video on Facebook or IG?

Both

• Useful 1

I am very sorry for her loss.  Even if she wanted to have that video it should be private just for the family.  I don't care for these grandstand attention seeking actions.    I am sure her Dad was a fine man who she loved very much.  Don't share your most personal moments with the world.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I am very sorry for her loss.  Even if she wanted to have that video it should be private just for the family.  I don't care for these grandstand attention seeking actions.    I am sure her Dad was a fine man who she loved very much.  Don't share your most personal moments with the world.

She traffics in emotional p0rn.

• Like 13

Oh my goodness...on tonight's season finale of Saturday Night Live, host Kristen Wiig does a skit as PJ Sharnt with big hair...it just felt so much like Shawn!!! The show airs again later on the West Coast. Maybe later I can find a link or a photo of her.

• Like 2

This is about QVC not Shawn. QVC must be one hell of a place to work at. I am in my 50`s . I have NEVER seen anyone get a month off after a death in the family. 

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Watcher25 said:

This is about QVC not Shawn. QVC must be one hell of a place to work at. I am in my 50`s . I have NEVER seen anyone get a month off after a death in the family. 

I believe there might be another month of FMLA available. Maybe there is another family member, young or old, who needs care (real or alleged).

• Useful 3