Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Shawn looks really bad in that toothbrush picture. Her makeup is very harsh. Heavy black eyeliner and false lashes. Her eyebrows are two different colors, dark on the inner part and light on the outer. Looks like a ton of theatrical pancake foundation. We know from seeing her candid no-makeup pictures that her skin is red and blotchy, so to make it look all one flat color must require a thick foundation layer. But then it cakes in her undereye wrinkles and makes them look worse. Her hair is dirty too.

The only good thing I can say about that photo is that her teeth look nice and white. Don't know if she has veneers or crowns, but whatever it is, they look healthy, and are not wine-stained.

49 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

67A9DD86-02CB-448D-AD46-8856DA332B9F.thumb.jpeg.23d99b71d777f012d332ffca4af242d4.jpeg

• the bottom right corner of the screen says the well, “All Beauty Ends”
  • “grandma! What big teeth you have!”
  • tonight I’ll be sure to take my sleeping powders ((shudder))
  • does the new diamond mean better nail care now
  • did you strike a deal of some sort with Tacori for a semi-endorsement
  • and speaking of horsey-teeth, can’t wait to see what she rides tonight. “Giddy up”

"All Beauty Ends."   LOL

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Shawn told Bret that she owns the Bose speaker they’re showing and she loves to listen to music on it all the time! Her exact words: “I live for this thing” 

Didn’t she recently say she doesn’t like music?

She’s having trouble keeping her stories straight.

Edited by lazyfaire · Reason: Edit
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

She's starting to look early 50s already.  As soon as Brett came on with that Bose speaker she was trying to be all cute with Brett silly dancing and singing along all mouthy but then her mic went out!! LOL!!  It was great!! Almost seemed deliberate.  She was wearing an "I am blessed" shirt Ms. Holier Than Thou Self-Righteous one. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

The beginning of Shawn and Brett, the small Bose presentation was pierced by the quills of audio problems and personality clashes, punctuated by Shawn’s very cross demeanor during that segment. (Chicken or the egg)

Can’t be certain, but perhaps if she stopped changing her clothes, some of the audio issues would stop. It’s happened many times now, following her rapid change of costume (like she’s an actress in between scenes), that her mic fails.

It was particularly prickly last night. 

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 2

I believe she was ticked off because Brett and Stacy got along so well and remember, he said he would buy Stacy a bottle of wine and kept repeating that during their entire segment together.  Remember, he said he wanted to stay with Stacy and she replied, "no my other guests would not like that and they are waiting."  Camera went dark - yahoooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Laugh 5

21 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Yes, that rectangular cut diamond mounted on a very narrow band is the trend. Most of the celebrities who post pics of their rings on social media have the same design. I don't like it. I think a big stone on such a narrow band looks unbalanced. That design is hard to wear, too. Large stones set on narrow bands are topheavy, and the ring will keep trying to twist around sideways on your finger even if the ring is the right size.

You notice that in every picture that's been posted, the ring is flopped to one side or the other.  This means I can't tell what her ring looks like!  I don't think it's the stone doing this - although, I think she had a 3 carat stone to begin with.  To me, it looks like the setting is too large for the stone, perhaps an attempt to make it look larger.

Everyone has their own taste.  I don't want to say her ring looks ugly but I think the more classic setting she had prior was better for the diamond she had.  She said that the setting was a Tacori setting.  It doesn't look like the typical Tacori setting though, which is always pretty feminine and dainty looking.

Of course, I'm going on what she said, that she had a her stone "reset".

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

You notice that in every picture that's been posted, the ring is flopped to one side or the other.  This means I can tell what her ring looks like!  I don't think it's the stone doing this - although, I think she had a 3 carat stone to begin with.  To me, it looks like the setting is too large for the stone, perhaps an attempt to make it look larger.

Everyone has their own taste.  I don't want to say her ring looks ugly but I think the more classic setting she had prior was better for the diamond she had.  She said that the setting was a Tacori setting.  It doesn't look like the typical Tacori setting though, which is always pretty feminine and dainty looking.

Of course, I'm going on what she said, that she had a her stone "reset".

To me, it really doesn't look as refined as a Tacori, I agree wholeheartedly.  The dropping over to one side isn't a good look if it's an expensive ring.  I'll take Courtney's for $60.

4 hours ago, MayfairCathie said:

I believe she was ticked off because Brett and Stacy got along so well and remember, he said he would buy Stacy a bottle of wine and kept repeating that during their entire segment together.  Remember, he said he wanted to stay with Stacy and she replied, "no my other guests would not like that and they are waiting."  Camera went dark - yahoooooooooooooooooooooo.

I caught that too.  Good job Brett.  I bet that chapped Shawnie Sue's once upon a time size 2 butt!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I think there’s something funny about Shawn and the whole diamond ring thing. Something just doesn’t ring true. I’m serious. And I agree, the way the ring presents just isn’t right...

I still wanna know if she’s upgrading her nails too. C’mon, she can do better with regard to her own grooming, in her host job, and by Tacori (if that’s a real assertion that her reset diamond is a Tacori setting). Something still doesn’t smell right here.

new diamond = great lookin’ nails, maybe? Ok, better nails for two weeks. Let me lower the bar. 

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Laugh 5

She's also looking pretty dumpy next to the tall clean statuesque blonde Dooney OAP.  And to add insult to injury she was trying to speak with a British accent selling this adorable plaid bag.  And horizontal stripes are not her size 2 XS friend.

20191210_234336-440x280.jpg.9e837cf5ebeaa9e1a74ae45d55065ce1.jpg

20191210_234839-435x318.jpg.8635f7fc997008141921d66359461a63.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

I didn't watch the last two Shawn shows, so I went to the product videos to look for interesting shots.  Here are two pics of her with a wide stance (the "parade rest"position we were discussing earlier when talking about the way Pat James Dementri stands).

What happened here? Were her jeans too tight? Can't she balance on flat heels any more? Or was it her usual way of trying to look cutesy-poo?

misc pics Shawn Killinger legs wide stance 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger legs wide stance 2 12-10-19.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5

Speaking of cutesy-poo, she showed up barefoot during Antonella's presentation of the Comfy shirt. Then she went to sit down with the models. She turned sideways and draped her legs over the arm of the chair. She sat there having a conversation with Ant and the OAP, waving her feet around and wiggling her toes the entire time. Add one more thing to the long list of unprofessional things she does on the job, sitting like a child and playing with her bare feet while the other host is trying to sell a product.

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 2 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 3 12-10-19.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 1

Antonella had an updo. Caught a pic from the back -- looks like it was held in place by a sparkly banana clip. She looked nice.

misc pics QVC Antonella Nester hairstyle updo 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics QVC Antonella Nester hairstyle updo 2 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics QVC Antonella Nester hairstyle updo 3 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics QVC Antonella Nester hairstyle updo 4 12-10-19.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here she is singing. If you saw this picture and didn't know the context, you'd wonder what this crazy woman was so upset about.

misc pics Shawn Killinger singing something 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger singing something 2 12-10-19.jpg

She looks like Carol Channing.

• Laugh 4

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Here she is singing. If you saw this picture and didn't know the context, you'd wonder what this crazy woman was so upset about.

misc pics Shawn Killinger singing something 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger singing something 2 12-10-19.jpg

So interesting to see these. There are studies that examine an image to determine whether the person in the image is laughing or screaming, without the benefit of any context to inform the viewer.

Shawn appears very bedraggled now.

bedraggled, somewhat related to, but opposite of bedazzled

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 3

I was looking at the presentation of the Courtney Ring on QVC's website.  Lo and behold, there's a point in the beginning where Shawn interrupts Courtney's discussion about how she went all out to help design this, where Shawn holds up her own redesigned ring next to Courtney's DMQ ring.

It was a moment in the video that made me cringe because Shawn inserted herself into it and had to show off her own ring.  She did it in a way that was, at least verbally, complimentary, saying "when I saw what Courtney designed, I realized this was exactly what I wanted for my own ring reset", but still, it would have been better for Shawn to have let Courtney have her moment and then maybe interject with her "all about me" BS.

The good news?  I got a pic of the two rings.  Shawn held up her ring against Courtney's design.  I'd say it definitely was a reset of Shawn's stone, given the slight tinge of yellow in the center stone - bwahahahaha!

ring.jpg

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

Very interesting, @lovemesomejoolery

can you explain how Shawn’s original setting featured a cushion cut (something with corners), now looks almost round

is that the halo effect, optical illusion

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She's also looking pretty dumpy next to the tall clean statuesque blonde Dooney OAP.  And to add insult to injury she was trying to speak with a British accent selling this adorable plaid bag.  And horizontal stripes are not her size 2 XS friend.

The accent. She runs that shtick into the ground. I like accents. No, I love accents! Doing accents to tickle the hear, to place geographically, to mimic and fool around with. I’m not working on TV though. To stick with an accent, often an exaggerated one, for the presentation of an item on a shopping channel, borders on mocking when she does it. Doesn’t help the sale either, does it?

While I’m at it...485BBD33-6C85-4092-84C7-4BD9B07FC93B.jpeg.680fc1fceb7edee60d9fa48f2970c869.jpeg6744C8A7-C8BA-4267-B57F-6048AE5C0614.thumb.jpeg.7da1b842c345b19c7318a1ccf907c1d5.jpeg

Mani...pedi anyone?

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Very interesting, @lovemesomejoolery

can you explain how Shawn’s original setting featured a cushion cut (something with corners), now looks almost round

is that the halo effect, optical illusion

A cushion cut is a square cut with rounded corners....it looks like the prongs are at the corners of the stone, which makes it look more of a round shape now.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

A cushion cut is a square cut with rounded corners....it looks like the prongs are at the corners of the stone, which makes it look more of a round shape now.

I see. Thank you!

F757C70E-E253-4865-8C76-8A3844286D8F.jpeg

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Laugh 4

Thanks LoveMeSome, her reset diamond istill has a yellow hue now that I see it side by side with The Courtney! Which means she still hates it but loves the new setting. LOL!

• Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

I see. Thank you!

It can be hard to see.  Cushion cuts are sometimes called the modern day version of a mine cut diamond (which is what I have - my engagement ring is from 1863 and is now at the jeweler having the prongs checked and is being resized - darn getting older and getting chubby in your fingers, too!)  Mine cuts and cushion cuts tend to not sparkle like modern day cuts during normal light, but in dimmer light they really shine.  They are cut differently than a round brilliant cut, with a higher crown.  This may be why Shawn's looks a little yellow under the bright lights of the studio - and why it isn't as sparkly compared to the diamonds that are in the halo of her reset ring.   

• Like 6

Thank you again for this info on diamonds😊

My thank you ^ and my Phyllis/Shawn mash up keep merging. Sorry.

Shawn Diller    or     Phyllis Killinger    or just     Dillinger

FDDEBB22-3300-484A-A868-AD7F9BDD417F.thumb.jpeg.c7b2f3878ee1cba20115f05e2b75cdfe.jpeg

Edited by Fromwhereisit
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, mpeeps said:

20191210_234336-440x280.jpg.9e837cf5ebeaa9e1a74ae45d55065ce1.jpg

20191210_234839-435x318.jpg.8635f7fc997008141921d66359461a63.jpg

She looked positively sloppy last night. I guess shampooing and dressing attractively is just too much to do. She looks like she rolled off the couch after a bender and reported for work 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Fromwhereisit said:

The accent. She runs that shtick into the ground. I like accents. No, I love accents! Doing accents to tickle the hear, to place geographically, to mimic and fool around with. I’m not working on TV though. To stick with an accent, often an exaggerated one, for the presentation of an item on a shopping channel, borders on mocking when she does it. Doesn’t help the sale either, does it?

While I’m at it...485BBD33-6C85-4092-84C7-4BD9B07FC93B.jpeg.680fc1fceb7edee60d9fa48f2970c869.jpeg6744C8A7-C8BA-4267-B57F-6048AE5C0614.thumb.jpeg.7da1b842c345b19c7318a1ccf907c1d5.jpeg

Mani...pedi anyone?

It's still yellow Skunky and yes it was shitty of you to make Courtney's ring all about you and your "reset" ring that was done at Cheap Rings r' Us.

Kind of like Jobless and his dirty, used small-ass "monster" truck.  Honestly, she's a liar.

Just now, Wollstonecraft said:

It's still yellow Skunky and yes it was shitty of you to make Courtney's ring all about you and your "reset" ring that was done at Cheap Rings r' Us.

Kind of like Jobless and his dirty, used small-ass "monster" truck.  Honestly, she's a liar.

She got a few comments on her attempt at upstaging on her Q FB account. 

5 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

She looked positively sloppy last night. I guess shampooing and dressing attractively is just too much to do. She looks like she rolled off the couch after a bender and reported for work.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

It can be hard to see.  Cushion cuts are sometimes called the modern day version of a mine cut diamond (which is what I have - my engagement ring is from 1863 and is now at the jeweler having the prongs checked and is being resized - darn getting older and getting chubby in your fingers, too!)  Mine cuts and cushion cuts tend to not sparkle like modern day cuts during normal light, but in dimmer light they really shine.  They are cut differently than a round brilliant cut, with a higher crown.  This may be why Shawn's looks a little yellow under the bright lights of the studio - and why it isn't as sparkly compared to the diamonds that are in the halo of her reset ring.   

Wow, I'd love a ring from 1863.  I bet it's a beauty.  Thank you so much for the info.

• Like 4

My apologies. I clearly got my Dillers and Channing’s mixed up. lol

my posts merged, and I don’t really know what is

my iPad is freezing

and I just burned my toast

i better stop here and go outside and get some air

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Haven't posters speculated in the past that she could be deliberately setting herself up as having some mental illness in order to make it very difficult for management to release her.  She may be on a master 5 year plan of her own design to build out this deception.

(But surely I jest.  She's not that clever.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

8 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

This looks like her Darth Vader costume, only missing the helmet. It's a GILI throw with a big skull on it.

misc pics Shawn Killinger bedding throw black skull Darth Vader 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn KIllinger bedding throw black skull Darth Vader 2 12-1019.jpg

I was trying to figure out who the OAP was and then I realized it is GiliJill.  She looks better in the chunky sweater than the tight clothes she often wears.  I love the sweater, too.

• Like 3

@Fromwhereisit posted this picture on another thread, to demonstrate the incessant clapping hosts are doing these days.

I don't know, but that doesn't look like a size 2 or XXS belly!

And with all the Spanx they have around there - and Shawn says she uses - could she not have put one on before she walked on stage?  She has muffin top.

image.png.02f03e06de7d8fc2d8af72e701b7a8a2.png

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Just to be clear, my admiration for Carol Channing and Phyllis Diller goes back to my childhood. I only used the image of Carol Channing with the three of Shawn because another person poked fun that Shawn is starting to look like her. I then mixed up Carol C  and Phyllis D’s name and images while I sent up my favorite thing, side by sides. Always fascinated by the open mouth smile pics and why they’re so overused in many pictures.

Respect to Ms Channing and Ms Diller for whom the big, open smile was a defining part of their careers, as far as image and persona goes. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromwhereisit said:

Just to be clear, my admiration for Carol Channing and Phyllis Diller goes back to my childhood. I only used the image of Carol Channing with the three of Shawn because another person poked fun that Shawn is starting to look like her. I then mixed up Carol C  and Phyllis D’s name and images while I sent up my favorite thing, side by sides. Always fascinated by the open mouth smile pics and why they’re so overused in many pictures.

Respect to Ms Channing and Ms Diller for whom the big, open smile was a defining part of their careers, as far as image and persona goes. 😊

You don't have to explain a thing!  I didn't even realize the pictures were mixed up and I don't know how anyone would think you mean something unkind to either one of these ladies.  I even think Phyllis Diller played Dolly in Hello Dolly on Broadway.....just like Carol Channing!

I remember being sort of scared to death as a child whenever I saw Phyllis Diller on TV......and the fact that she called her husband "Fang" probably didn't help.  But she was a great comedienne!  Larger than life, which is why I posted the picture I did. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 5:26 AM, Coffeecup said:

Speaking of cutesy-poo, she showed up barefoot during Antonella's presentation of the Comfy shirt. Then she went to sit down with the models. She turned sideways and draped her legs over the arm of the chair. She sat there having a conversation with Ant and the OAP, waving her feet around and wiggling her toes the entire time. Add one more thing to the long list of unprofessional things she does on the job, sitting like a child and playing with her bare feet while the other host is trying to sell a product.

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 1 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 2 12-10-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger feet barefoot on Comfy show 3 12-10-19.jpg

What a lazy puke! Trying to get that fake ring in there🤢