Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

"We're in an incredibly posh and charming little Vermont town, looking for a first edition of Moby Dick at an antique book shop...."

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

His cashmere stuff all tends to sell out when it presents, and it is all at least $200+. I admit I’m curious if it’s as good as the sell-outs seem to make it. On the occasion I do buy something from QVC, it’s either a lunchtime special or as-is. The prices, especially on fashion, tend to be ridiculous.

He trolled Shawn some more: he was talking about how his idea of scary was the series Mindhunters, and as he listed some of the serial killers it covers he looked at Shawn with the first-grade teacher face and said, ever so drily, “Do you have any idea who I’m talking about?” “Oh fer shur!” Isaac is in on the joke- he has his own quirks (or annoyances depending on your Isaac opinion 😁) but he’s aware of who he’s working with and he makes his own fun.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

17 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

"We're in an incredibly posh and charming little Vermont town, looking for a first edition of Moby Dick at an antique book shop...."

That fantasy will not appeal to the average QVC buyer!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

22 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

And what is she wearing?? looks like she was cleaning the house and then put on high heels. well not exactly but you get my point I think.

That was her “rare-book shopping in Vermont” with her sister, Isaac. Weirdly enough I’m not just making that up! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

I'm confused.  I tuned back in to see the Tarte show and the TSV presentation.  Shawn keeps saying that you're paying for the foundation and pretty much everything else "is free", you're just paying "five bucks" more for everything else.

I checked Ulta....that foundation is $39.  Even on QVC's website, it's $39.00.  The TSV is $59.95.  What am I missing?  I just can't stand her.  She's either being disingenuous or just stupid.

Despite this "math issue", the TSV is a great deal.   This is really where QVC shines, when it comes to pricing.....actually, it's about the only time they shine - when they give a lot pieces in a kit.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

40 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm confused.  I tuned back in to see the Tarte show and the TSV presentation.  Shawn keeps saying that you're paying for the foundation and pretty much everything else "is free", you're just paying "five bucks" more for everything else.

I checked Ulta....that foundation is $39.  Even on QVC's website, it's $39.00.  The TSV is $59.95.  What am I missing?  I just can't stand her.  She's either being disingenuous or just stupid.

Despite this "math issue", the TSV is a great deal.   This is really where QVC shines, when it comes to pricing.....actually, it's about the only time they shine - when they give a lot pieces in a kit.

Yes most of the time their stuff is not that cheap. I noted on another board that the Sam Edelmon boots Shawn was presenting the other day were $130/$140. Same exact boots at Nordstrom Rack for $79.95. They really get people with the easy pays. I do order some things but not frequently. I did order Isacc's tsv New Balance sneaks. Got them today and they are great. Needed a new pair and ordered them for the color. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Shawn "misspoke," whether purposely I don't know.  I saw someone else presenting the TSV and I think they said the foundation + "something else" was almost $59, the cost of the TSV so everything else was free.

• Like 3

She's still on?! I'd like to watch the Clark's boots but not with her.

"I'm not a loafer girl." Nope, just a loafer.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Whoa...they just did a zoom in on Skanky during this ankle boot presentation. Her hair is as groady (sp?) as I have ever seen it. And that's sayin' somethin'. Y'all have commented on it..."could it get any worse?" Her braid and her uncombed, unkempt shag look like the dredlocks of a homeless person (no offense to homeless people).

She bends her ankles and hyperprances in the most unnatural display as though she has restless foot syndrome. I know the leg version is real. Whatever Shawn has, it isn't.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

I wonder whether anyone else has noticed that Shawn refers to her note cards most of the time, whereas other hosts give their notes a quick glance only occasionally.  Don't the OAPs have a chance to look over the products before the show?  I know that the jewelry presenters do.  Shawn makes me think that she hasn't done her homework and that she's more or less flying blind (and doesn't seem to care).  She really takes her job casually.  I have no respect for Shawn because she has no respect for the viewers.

• Like 9

Yes, she does take her job casually at best.  Last night about a minute after Clark's OAP explained the goring at the top of the shoe, Skunks picks up a shoe and said approximately, "And look at this, I guess goring, at the top of the shoe."  She wasn't even listening to the presentation.  And, yes, her hair looked awful.  And yes, I got very tired of her balancing on her heels, bending her feet, etc.  Let the models model, and let the OAPs describe, and have the hosts, if even necessary, keep the show rolling.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, mayvenne said:

What I thought was typical Q was the cashmere cardigan at a super blow out special unbelievable price of $239.

totally 

Shawn acts like IM is the first and only Jew she has ever met, it's beyond annoying every.single.jewish.holiday

• Like 8
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

$239 .

average price of this year's private label at Bloomies is $200

find it hard to believe that IM's is any better than Q's private label cashmere 

THis is so true. The thing is (haha) that here's the  thing(haha) I don't think that the Q shopper would know to compare to Bloomingdale's. So to speak. Yes you did, but you are not the typical Q shopper I don't think.

• Like 2

I watched for a few seconds the end of David's Fri-Yay show and this jackass Killinger comes over and dives into the chicken wings and eats with her fingers and everyone else is putting the wing directly into their mouths.  She is filthy looking and dressed like a slob Friday night, turned it off but did hear Isaac say, "Shawn," and pointed to somewhere off the set and this ass followed his direction.  She was raised in a pig sty and I can't understand why Q keeps this piece of human waste.  She was probably in a bad mood since they gave her only one hour for that Dare crap.  She looks older and older and older - keep scraping that ugly face Killinger.  Great timing to go to P. Rico in hurricane season.  On Thurs. night at the beginning of her stupid show, she leaned into the camera and someone must have commented on her drinking wine, and she said "I'm over 21." with a nasty tone.  So ill bred, so classless and so much low self esteem. 

• Like 11

I don't want to create cashmere-gate, but I don't think the price of Isaac's cashmere long cardigan was out of line.  Sure, you can find less expensive anywhere you look.......but Isaac's piece was a long cardigan ($200 is about right at other stores, but those are crewneck, pullover style), a duster.  Isaac's also was a popcorn stitch, which hikes the price up a little more.

The price of a cashmere duster, without the popcorn stitch, is $228 at Bloomingdale's.

**of course, I buy my cashmere at the end of the season and wouldn't pay this much for either brand!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

15 hours ago, DavidsApronStrings said:

That was her “rare-book shopping in Vermont” with her sister, Isaac. Weirdly enough I’m not just making that up! 🤣

Isaac didn't have a problem with that particular scenario -- anything to make a buck is fine with him, lol.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rosethorn said:

That fantasy will not appeal to the average QVC buyer!

I'm just surprised she's even remotely familiar with classic American literature.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I don't want to create cashmere-gate, but I don't think the price of Isaac's cashmere long cardigan was out of line.  Sure, you can find less expensive anywhere you look.......but Isaac's piece was a long cardigan ($200 is about right at other stores, but those are crewneck, pullover style), a duster.  Isaac's also was a popcorn stitch, which hikes the price up a little more.

The price of a cashmere duster, without the popcorn stitch, is $228 at Bloomingdale's.

**of course, I buy my cashmere at the end of the season and wouldn't pay this much for either brand!

I didn't see the IM piece so I guess that's not too crazy but  Q is selling last year's stock.  

I usually wait it out for Cashmere till December too. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

One idea comes to me for SK going to Puerto Rico during hurricane season, but she would never admit it.  It's cheaper.  Hotel rates are lower and DRINKS ARE REDUCED!!!

I cringe when I think about how poorly she must treat those waiters and anyone else at her beck and call.  Like she's the only person in the place and like they're sub-standard beings not worthy of her kindness except to follow her orders.  Her own little floor mats.  They probably refer to her as "that woman with the bad hair and the blouse tied."

Edited by Lura · Reason: TYPO again
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Hi everyone, haven’t been here for a very long while, but saw some familiar names.  Took a look at Shawn’s IG and FB...some things never change.😉

• Like 8
  • Laugh 3

I get tired of her scratching her head. Shampooing would help, also showering.  It looks like she's slapping on heavier makeup to camouflage an unwashed face.  I don't know why TPTB at Q can't take a look at her and realize how messy she looks.  This woman is no where near the professional appearance of Colleen and Amy.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

I get tired of her scratching her head. Shampooing would help, also showering.  It looks like she's slapping on heavier makeup to camouflage an unwashed face.  I don't know why TPTB at Q can't take a look at her and realize how messy she looks.  This woman is no where near the professional appearance of Colleen and Amy.

The head scratching is the worse. With all the grease and hair product build up, her scalp must be screaming. But a double scotch will calm that right down.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Shawn selling A376569, "tarte Shape Tape Concealer Duo with Sponge." She looks so rough and dirty. Looks unhappy too; or maybe her feet hurt from those dumbbass high heels.

misc pics Shawn Killinger fce rough looking 9-06-19.jpg

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Shawn has SO many wrinkles in her forehead!  I  never noticed them before.  Makeup hides a multitudes of sins, doesn't it?  I've heard the saying that someone's forehead looks like a washboard, but I think Shaun's forehead could scrub an entire army's worth of battle fatigues.  She needs a gallon-sized jug of Moran's magic line eraser STAT.  I guess that  I should feel sorry for her, and I do in a way, but she has brought on most of her problems herself.

• Laugh 3

17 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Shawn selling A376569, "tarte Shape Tape Concealer Duo with Sponge." She looks so rough and dirty. Looks unhappy too; or maybe her feet hurt from those dumbbass high heels.

misc pics Shawn Killinger fce rough looking 9-06-19.jpg

It amazes me that anyone would buy anything she was selling. I can't stand the sight of her.

• Like 15

OMG!  She has doodled on epilators (her Facebook). What is wrong with these companies that let this no talent hack do this?

Also yet another Dare to Share tonight. Talking about running something into the ground. Dateline for me!

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Well Dare to Share is tomorrow night following an hour with Katy Perry shoes. Lord help us. Get ready Katy to be "interviewed" about Orlando. She will be totally suck up psycho.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

PM Style on with Amy Stran.  Fashion Week in New York; Skunky not there!!!

Thank God; she was horrible when I saw her there a couple of years ago IIRC with Jill Martin.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, rosethorn said:

PM Style on with Amy Stran.  Fashion Week in New York; Skunky not there!!!

Thank God; she was horrible when I saw her there a couple of years ago IIRC with Jill Martin.

Yes, and new Courtney is doing the Q studio portion.  Well, maybe she can paint a picture with Isaac:  "I picture wearing this on a Manhattan roof top during Fashion Week, with the wind blowing in my hair (unless it is so dirty it sticks to my scalp), and all the famous designers showing me their latest fashions and wanting me to model them in a size 2...."

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

13 minutes ago, Taffy Apple said:

Yes, and new Courtney is doing the Q studio portion.  Well, maybe she can paint a picture with Isaac:  "I picture wearing this on a Manhattan roof top during Fashion Week, with the wind blowing in my hair (unless it is so dirty it sticks to my scalp), and all the famous designers showing me their latest fashions and wanting me to model them in a size 2...."

And me trying to weasel invitations to parties, the Hamptons, etc. 😴

• Laugh 10

7 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Well Dare to Share is tomorrow night following an hour with Katy Perry shoes. Lord help us. Get ready Katy to be "interviewed" about Orlando. She will be totally suck up psycho.

Speaking of Katy Perry, I had to bring some humor to the room.  Leave it to Amy Pond to bring it, you go girl,lol!

• Like 2

Skunky was modeling the LOGO jeans and basically filled the entire screen with her plump ASS! I hope I could get a screenshot of this!!  Size 2 of course! 

SmartSelect_20190909-230859_Gallery-360x285.jpg.5e32fc1ef9fc7f2b9d0ec5e187d86d8b.jpg20190909_230924-362x293.jpg.7253613a31a456f38cd2a6df17ada7b9.jpg

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Something is starting to appear, it looks like, just maybe, that management is letting her self-implode.  Give her enough rope and she will hang herself. She looks like hell in the above pictures, she's old, getting older, fake eyelashes are sooooooooooooooooooo long, make-up too heavy and she can't shock the viewers much more than she is already doing - I think they are getting calls and complaints, but her contract is still in tact, I guess.  She'll be wheeled off the stage one night, but her boozing is catching up with her, she can't compete with the new dogs in town and I believe she knows it.  I don't feel sorry for her, see, it all comes around and her day will come, she's making her bed, let her lie in it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

She is totally bored and detached tonight. While presenting the tsv handbag told the OAP that she is not into hand bags and really doesn't like to carry anything but a wallet or diaper bag. She has invested a lot of money on handbags in the past and is so over it. OAP was almost speechless.  What a self centered rude bitch.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 11

She actually fake apologized tonight for her judgmental fussy hard to please attitude about everything as if someone called her out on it.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

She told the hairdryer tsv guy that she  goes a couple of days without showering which displeased her husband. She finds the whole thing tedious. Yet she told the Philosophy OAP last week she showered with their product everyday. 

The hairdryer guy had no response. He may have already figured out she doesn't regularly shower.

Edited by rocketinu
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 4

3 hours ago, rocketinu said:

She told the hairdryer tsv guy that she  goes a couple of days without showering which displeased her husband. She finds the whole thing tedious. Yet she told the Philosophy OAP last week she showered with their product everyday. 

The hairdryer guy had no response. He may have already figured out she doesn't regularly shower.

Yep. I heard that. Left the OAP at a loss for words. She said she would probably never shower at all if it took an hour to dry her hair like it does for Kadisha the model. 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

41 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Yep. I heard that. Left the OAP at a loss for words. She said she would probably never shower at all if it took an hour to dry her hair like it does for Kadisha the model. 

Two words, Skunky: shower cap. Didn't she present them recently? Item V36299. But I think she said that because she just wanted another excuse to broadcast to the world that she hates taking showers.

4 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Yep, I saw her saying "I shower every day" and used Philosophy. You're right about the hairdryer guy. He could probably smell her.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

image.png.1b14aadd3c4ae370a560bca7c4a31e0c.png 

Let the others work their asses off.  THIS is the life!  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I think she does this because she hates her job and wants to demean the product and coworkers, as she's pissed about something.

whether or not she actually showers ,  is unknown but its fodder for her presentations 

soooo disrespetful to the company, the product/rep model and audience 

QVC doesn't respond to SM media posts at all which is telling IMO

so commenting on Twitter or Facebook is not productive 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Two words, Skunky: shower cap. Didn't she present them recently? Item V36299. But I think she said that because she just wanted another excuse to broadcast to the world that she hates taking showers.

Yep, I saw her saying "I shower every day" and used Philosophy. You're right about the hairdryer guy. He could probably smell her.

Except remember, she told the L'Occitane rep she showers every day and only with their Almond Shower Oil.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, rocketinu said:

She is totally bored and detached tonight. While presenting the tsv handbag told the OAP that she is not into hand bags and really doesn't like to carry anything but a wallet or diaper bag. She has invested a lot of money on handbags in the past and is so over it. OAP was almost speechless.  What a self centered rude bitch.

not only that she said/didn't say she's carrying a LV Neverfull,  I don't judge over that but don't almost put down what you are selling .  

Bethany has to deal with that nonsense 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2