Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

I watched her video. Waste of time except for the snark value. She looked zonked out, and her hair was dirty and greasy. Not sympathetic to her whining about how busy she is with her sick parents. A lot of people are dealing with care of elderly parents. But most people don't get to take so much time off work to go on vacations, and most people can't afford to stay in luxury hotels when they do manage to get out of town.

She doesn't appreciate the affluent lifestyle she has, nor the generosity of her employer in letting her take so much vacation time. She doesn't even appreciate having a job. Many women who are caregivers spend so much time doing the caregiving that they have to quit their jobs, or else they get fired for taking so much time off to tend to the elderly parent's doctor appointments and other medical needs.

Her little podcast "audition" was pathetic. Ask dumb questions, get dumb answers.

At the end she said she is "self-aware." Wrong. She's self-absorbed.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I watched her video. Waste of time except for the snark value. She looked zonked out, and her hair was dirty and greasy. Not sympathetic to her whining about how busy she is with her sick parents. A lot of people are dealing with care of elderly parents. But most people don't get to take so much time off work to go on vacations, and most people can't afford to stay in luxury hotels when they do manage to get out of town.

She doesn't appreciate the affluent lifestyle she has, nor the generosity of her employer in letting her take so much vacation time. She doesn't even appreciate having a job. Many women who are caregivers spend so much time doing the caregiving that they have to quit their jobs, or else they get fired for taking so much time off to tend to the elderly parent's doctor appointments and other medical needs.

Her little podcast "audition" was pathetic. Ask dumb questions, get dumb answers.

At the end she said she is "self-aware." Wrong. She's self-absorbed.

What really gets me, she actually thinks she can do better than QVC. I can't wait until they show her ass the door. The best part, she is burning a lot of bridges a long the way. Skunky , you better practice saying "welcome to Walmart !"

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Ninja Turtle said:

May I ask, what was she shilling that required such abhorrent behavior?   I hope it was a toothbrush......I’ve seen many hosts sell “Waterpik”, “Sonic Care”, & travel toothbrushes in the past, & never once did they demonstrate.....😬

Electric toothbrush. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

Electric toothbrush. 

Thank you, leave it to SK to go “all real and in your face” with a toothbrush ON AIR.....🤦‍♀️

I sure hope QVC doesn’t put that toothbrush for sale on the “AS IS” list....ick🤢

Edited by Ninja Turtle · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Oh, shoot!  Which symbol is the edit thingy?  I clicked on the last one on the right.

Am I right that The Skunk wasn't included on the big gold show?  Heaven only knows what she might have come out with about pieces of gold.  I can almost hear her saying, "I don't wear gold.  It's so ostentatious!"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, LeeDenny said:

Her family members are the founders of everything that exists in the world, so she's just following in their footsteps.

Her father was part of GM'S sellout to many Americans as he was part of their move to Mexico as part of NAFTA!  So that tells me all I need to know about him as well as the mother who refuses such things as appliances a/c "I am not that woman" (demanding fine jewels instead IIRC along with designer clothing such as Norma somebody who was well-known back in the day).  When so many others lost their jobs, the Killingers were living high on the hog in Mexico with servants and she being sent to some private school.

Yet SK tries to pretend she is really a mid-westerner when it suits her purposes by emphasizing the accent and talking about where she was born as if she lived there all her life.  She rarely speaks about Mexico.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 3

I heard her say, Gabrielle wanted to know what pants she was wearing when they were in the Hosts Lounge.  SK said I would not tell her because I wanted her to buy them while I was on the air so I could get the credit.  I don't watch her but I wonder if she ever gets "Sold Out."  Don't know.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Lura said:

Oh, shoot!  Which symbol is the edit thingy?  I clicked on the last one on the right.

Am I right that The Skunk wasn't included on the big gold show?  Heaven only knows what she might have come out with about pieces of gold.  I can almost hear her saying, "I don't wear gold.  It's so ostentatious!"

Correct, she rarely does ANY jewelry shows anymore, she used to feature her own “Hear My Soul Speak” ring and necklace (I think there may have been a bracelet too?  Feel free anyone to correct me here...) and she used to wear LOADS of bracelets on one wrist, Judith Ripka, religious bracelets, and several others, but stopped before they grew their family a few years ago.   And since then she almost NEVER does jewelry - says she’s not “into fine jewelry”....she was never into earrings either until Jiggly Jill from GILI told her to grow out her hair and start wearing “dramatic earrings”......

The edit is the little pencil icon...

Edited by Ninja Turtle
  • Like 3

Thanks, Ninja, for your help.

Skunk must have made quite an impression of the Ugly American to the Mexican people she met.  "Ugh -- tacos are repulsive!"  "Tell me, what's the point of frying beans, then re-frying them?"  "If you would make a point of promoting yourselves, Americans would like you much,  much better."

Edited by Lura
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 3

1 hour ago, rosethorn said:

Her father was part of GM'S sellout to many Americans as he was part of their move to Mexico as part of NAFTA!  So that tells me all I need to know about him as well as the mother who refuses such things as appliances a/c "I am not that woman" (demanding fine jewels instead IIRC along with designer clothing such as Norma somebody who was well-known back in the day).  When so many others lost their jobs, the Killingers were living high on the hog in Mexico with servants and she being sent to some private school.

Yet SK tries to pretend she is really a mid-westerner when it suits her purposes by emphasizing the accent and talking about where she was born as if she lived there all her life.  She rarely speaks about Mexico.

I remember reading on her IG or FB quite a while back that her dad was/is a lawyer for GM in Detroit - when she was newer to QVC, she ALWAYS mentioned that she “grew up” in Mexico, (in reality, I believe she also mentioned they were there for 3-4 years and I believe she was a “tweener” when they lived there), that was at the same time she always mentioned her “bad feet” and the fact that she lives in sneakers, yoga pants and sweatshirts and that her mom loved the Norma Kamali fashions.....she is a phony from the word GO, as we all know.....Just go back on her FB & IG and it should all be there unless FB & IG remove postings after a certain time - I don’t know if they do, because I’m not on either....

Edited by Ninja Turtle
  • Like 4

After all of those women hosts during the day, I usually breathe a mental sigh when David comes on.  He's something of a breath of fresh air to me.  Even if he's only tasting food, I'm glad to see him.   He seems to be a good-natured guy, and I like the little stories he tells about growing up, etc.  I ordered his recent cookbook because it sounded like it had easy recipes that my husband can cook.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Lura said:

"Ugh -- tacos are repulsive!"  

Okay, I know there’s a lot of reasons many here have listed as to why they don’t like Shawn on air (or off air)... but tacos? I can’t trust anyone who says tacos are repulsive. That’s just bad taste all around. 🌮 🌮 🌮 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

DavidsApronStrings, I'm afraid that I may have confused you.  I don't hate tacos, and I don't know that Shawn does either.  I was imagining things that Shawn might have said when she lived in Mexico, being the outspoken person that she is.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  It wasn't my best post.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

7 minutes ago, DavidsApronStrings said:

Okay, I know there’s a lot of reasons many here have listed as to why they don’t like Shawn on air (or off air)... but tacos? I can’t trust anyone who says tacos are repulsive. That’s just bad taste all around. 🌮 🌮 🌮 

That is a culture (yes, taco culture) she had better start embracing for her own familial reasons, which I am not allowed to elaborate on in this forum. Y'all are a bright bunch---I'm sure you read me.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Lura said:

DavidsApronStrings, I'm afraid that I may have confused you.  I don't hate tacos, and I don't know that Shawn does either.  I was imagining things that Shawn might have said when she lived in Mexico, being the outspoken person that she is.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  It wasn't my best post.

Oh, no problem, thanks for clarifying! I really did read it all in Shawn’s voice. The bad part is I really can picture her saying this (obviously I got a lotta feelings for tacos 😄).   

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

10 hours ago, Ham On Wry said:

That is a culture (yes, taco culture) she had better start embracing for her own familial reasons, which I am not allowed to elaborate on in this forum. Y'all are a bright bunch---I'm sure you read me.

Sadly, she will not 😞

• Like 4

According to what I’ve read from all of you and from her IG, all she “eats” now are those “green mixes” that the blonde woman hawks.....I believe it was AN who said in one of their “bestie FB videos” that she drinks 5-7 of those a day to “stay so skinny”.....SK, by her own admission doesn’t cook and hates all things vegetable.   She isn’t exactly the most motivated person to take care of herself , ex. - not showering daily and having her husband urge her to do so more frequently & swilling🍷 & 🥃 at the speed of light - so I can’t imagine that she is taking good care of her physical/internal health either - she will develop problems over time and soon, believe it.....

Edited by Ninja Turtle
  • Like 2

One night last week, Snarky let us all know that she was having her blood tested the next day.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Another medical thingy or she just wants more attention . . . High blood pressure, hypertension, diabetes (suger free August) perhaps? 

• Laugh 3

38 minutes ago, Lura said:

One night last week, Snarky let us all know that she was having her blood tested the next day.

I will save her some time and money. The test will show alcohol poisoning.

• Laugh 9

47 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Another medical thingy or she just wants more attention . . . High blood pressure, hypertension, diabetes (suger free August) perhaps? 

Attention whore, period. 😠

• Like 6

Perfect emoji, Lady J!

I figured that it was merely part of a regular check-up and that Skunky said no more in hopes of worrying her fans.

Edited by Lura
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

On the awful "Dare to Share" there was a brief comment she made  ( mocking 12 step -programs) in a "cutesy voice", "Hi, I'm Shawn and I'm a..... (didn't finish and went on to something else.

I was so repulsed by the toothbrush demo., face washing, etc. that I can't recall what product she was hawking that inspired this remark but wondering if it came from her subconscious (Freudian slip) after posting her latest blurb stating among other things that her favorite office supply product was RUBBER CEMENT!

Then she claimed to be using WEN!  Is that why her hair looks so awful?

Does QVC drug test their employees?

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

28 minutes ago, rosethorn said:

On the awful "Dare to Share" there was a brief comment she made  ( mocking 12 step -programs) in a "cutesy voice", "Hi, I'm Shawn and I'm a..... (didn't finish and went on to something else.

I was so repulsed by the toothbrush demo., face washing, etc. that I can't recall what product she was hawking that inspired this remark but wondering if it came from her subconscious (Freudian slip) after posting her latest blurb stating among other things that her favorite office supply product was RUBBER CEMENT!

Then she claimed to be using WEN!  Is that why her hair looks so awful?

Does QVC drug test their employees?

Oh boy, we could fill that in for her!  "Hi, I'm Shawn and I'm..."

a. A wannebee talk show host

b. From the planet Uranus. Or is it a star?

c. Drunk

d. Prince Harry's secret girlfriend

e. Addicted to knots

• Laugh 20
  • Surprise 1

Coffeecup, I laughed hard over your creativity and went for the smile button.  Unfortunately, my aim was off, and I wound up indicating that I was shocked!  I've spent 15 minutes trying to change it and have finally given up!  Sorry!  It must be time for stronger readers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lura said:

Coffeecup, I laughed hard over your creativity and went for the smile button.  Unfortunately, my aim was off, and I wound up indicating that I was shocked!  I've spent 15 minutes trying to change it and have finally given up!  Sorry!  It must be time for stronger readers.

LOL! I know the feeling! My eyesight is much better since I had cataract surgery, but I still have butterfingers on the keyboard. I am constantly clicking the wrong place or making typos.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Oh boy, we could fill that in for her!  "Hi, I'm Shawn and I'm..."

a. A wannebee talk show host

b. From the planet Uranus. Or is it a star?

c. Drunk

d. Prince Harry's secret girlfriend

e. Addicted to knots

Addicted to knots. We could use that  and slightly change the words to Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love as a theme song for her.

"You're gonna have to face it you're addicted to knots."

• Laugh 13

SK seems to me to have a need for numbering as a way of making things seem all the more important.  Examples: She was the third to be eliminated on Martha Stewart's "Apprentice" -- not the first or the second.  Joe worked at the fifth largest company of its kind in the nation -- not the ninth or the tenth.  These placings are so important for her to mention as a way of impressing us.  I doubt that she is impressing a living soul.

Edited by Lura
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

I haven't seen Shawn in quite awhile but caught her the other day.  She seemed more confident - like she is settling in to life and happy.  I like her hair better now.  She is lucky to have so much of it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PsBunker said:

I like her hair better now.  She is lucky to have so much of it.

Agree, her hair looks really good this length/color. Also my hair is already thin/fine, can’t wait to hit the age where it’s going to just get thinner and I start looking patchy. 😭 I’ll definitely be the target market for the wig sales!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Maybe SK's dirty hair problem could be solved if QVC would assign her to Philosophy shows for a while.  Of course, if it's true that she hates showers, all of those Philosophy suds she'd have to deal with might be too traumatic for her.

• Laugh 3

It doesn't look like she even bothered tonight with the hair...greasy, pulled back into pony tail (same with one night last week).  

I didn't get the use of the wawa cup -- she says the name of the place out loud, then covers up the coffee cup's logo with her hand, and then mentions she knew to do that before her producer told her.  Why even do that?? --- to show how you act at a football game wearing a hoodie...strange moment to sell clothing.  Always with the name dropping.  I changed the channel right after that.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Has she knotted anything tonight? Every time I've turned it on, she has been sans knot.

I had it on the whole two hours with LOGO. Not one knot. Maybe a come to Jesus meeting?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Why do I feel LOGO made a few minor requests to Skunky before the show tonight and one being to please don't knot her clothing! It sounded like they haven't really spoken since last Mon. Goes to show you it's just a job!

Her love for Fall is bringing out the darkside in me!

Of course she's not a loafer person but always wants to be. She also doesn't usually wear block heels. Passive aggressively telling us that she really doesn't like Vince Camuto shoes. No doubt she just wore the VC tsv shooties to be a good sport.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 3

It's taken me all this time to realize that if you change one letter in her last name, you get Killinher, as in "That bunion on her foot is killin' her."

• Laugh 2

4 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Wow. Sensible low heel booties. She must have fallen and hit her head.  Hair a mess tho.

LOL! She only wore those flat shoes because she had to sell them on the next show. She must have been seething inside because she couldn't wear one of her 586 pairs of hooker shoes.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

3 hours ago, rocketinu said:

I had it on the whole two hours with LOGO. Not one knot. Maybe a come to Jesus meeting?

Nope, Jesus got stood up. She tied a knot in the A353529 handkerchief hem dress. But you'd have missed it if you blinked -- she untied the knot in a minute or two, after announcing "You can knot it."

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress knotted Logo Lori 1 8-19-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress knotted Logo Lori 2 8-19-19.jpg

• Laugh 2
  • Surprise 3

Knotted with a jean jacket. What an ugly outfit!  The dress didn't look that bad by itself (see model), but Shawn just totally effed it up.

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress knotted Logo Lori 3 8-19-19.jpg

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

7 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Nope, Jesus got stood up. She tied a knot in the A353529 handkerchief hem dress. But you'd have missed it if you blinked -- she untied the knot in a minute or two, after announcing "You can knot it."

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress knotted Logo Lori 1 8-19-19.jpg

misc pics Shawn Killinger dress knotted Logo Lori 2 8-19-19.jpg

Yep. That was when I took the dogs out. Might want to look up the number of Knotters Anonymous Skunkie.

• Laugh 5

No matter what she wears, hair, clothing, shoes, facial expressions, they are all sad.  Calista needs to help her with that hair, it must have an awful odor, pulls it back and all the grease blends.  Katrina Zsisk (misspelled) must bug the heck out of killinger, Katrina graduated from Harvard, worked at Vogue, etc., etc. and also Kim Gravel must be killing killinger   I see they have Kim prior to skunks show tonight, will have to watch Gravel.  I see Killinger changed her photo on the Hosts' Page, she had that retread blue dress on and boy did she look old.  She switched back to the ugly blond streaked hair and that goofy black dress.  I think she is worried about all these young hosts coming up in the ranks, especially Alli, David always praises Alli and her personality.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MayfairCathie said:

No matter what she wears, hair, clothing, shoes, facial expressions, they are all sad.  Calista needs to help her with that hair, it must have an awful odor, pulls it back and all the grease blends.  Katrina Zsisk (misspelled) must bug the heck out of killinger, Katrina graduated from Harvard, worked at Vogue, etc., etc. and also Kim Gravel must be killing killinger   I see they have Kim prior to skunks show tonight, will have to watch Gravel.  I see Killinger changed her photo on the Hosts' Page, she had that retread blue dress on and boy did she look old.  She switched back to the ugly blond streaked hair and that goofy black dress.  I think she is worried about all these young hosts coming up in the ranks, especially Alli, David always praises Alli and her personality.

I think you are right on!  SK is very close to menopause (could already have it.  Blood test would tell!) and NOT the hottest newbie!  Her schtick could only apply to the youngest demographic and least sophisticated imo!

So those her age and older (which is probably the majority of buyers) must be as disgusted as we are.  The comment she made about not revealing whose pants she was wearing when a cohost asked was revealing.  She said she wanted her to order from her on-air show so she would get credit!

This remark confirms speculation and IMO sales from her shows are DOWN which would explain in part her being removed from some of them.

With that annoying knotting she does, it gives off the vibe that she detests the whatever and is desperate to make it more wearable.

Wait until she has hot flashes (if not already).....fasten your seatbelts.  With luck, she is cooking her own goose and will be asap!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Maybe all those knots are her human way of imitating a dog, running around the neighborhood peeing on things to mark them as her territory. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

It is the purview of a “vendor” (love this) to show that a garment could be knotted, or belted, or what-evered. Not a greasy, slovenly fashionista wannabe. 

• Like 9