Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Hi,

Just saw the latest FB post, I agree, Ham On Wry (and you’re not an irritating Type A, I’m Type A all day, I can/do relate, ) & mis-use & mangling of the language really irritates me too, even though I use it for comic relief!  😉). - TMI re: the family.....if it were me, I would NOT be happy with my “sis-in-law” and her inane, ridiculous, personal - hello!😖juvenile descriptions (poor bro-in-law to be, sorry, couldn’t resist.....)- we KNOW she will turn this wedding into the “Hey, it’s supposed to be all about SK show”👱‍♀️🍷+🥃 + 😠,  and there will be  📸 proof.....

One quick note:  Wassup (mis-use of language for comic relief!) with hubby’s hair!?!? 🤭  yikes.....🚫😎

Enjoy all of you!  Thanks for the ❤️ & laughs!

☮️❤️    Cowabunga

16 hours ago, Ninja Turtle said:

SK never disappoints, does she???!!!!  😆  👣

tan summer GIF

BTW - no disrespect to the Tan Lady.....😉

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

7 hours ago, Booney said:

Never mind - I somehow ended up quoting my own post.

Edited by Booney
  • Laugh 2

12 hours ago, Day2Day said:

pPh0eHk.jpg   I believe the porcine population is becoming quite offended at all the comparisons that are being made between them and Shawn !

Shawn is living proof that "you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig" and you can't make a silk purse out of a swine's ear!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

I am definitely Type A when it comes to spelling, grammar, punctuation and making a narrative easy to read and understand for the average reader. Therefore, having to skip over numerous emojis to actually read the narrative is really annoying to this Type A. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

On 6/18/2019 at 11:47 PM, Bronx Babe said:

Says she drinks three to six glasses of the Perricone vitamin drink every day.  But I remember her telling us the same thing with that 8Greens effervescent tablet. 

I went looking for a video of her saying she drinks 8Greens. I haven't found one yet, but this came up in my search. I'm not sure if I've seen this before or not.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

31 minutes ago, RubberbandGirl said:

I went looking for a video of her saying she drinks 8Greens. I haven't found one yet, but this came up in my search. I'm not sure if I've seen this before or not.

I LOVE broccoli ! I LOVE spinach!

There is absolutely NO WAY I would drink that regularly (though I would try it, because reviews on Amazon complain that it is TOO SWEET).

• Laugh 1

I’m totes new. I would like a cookie please. The J show w/other namaste Mr.SG is so insane with OES, I would be replaying all night to get it all. But 2–

“You used to work for John Hardy . . .“

”I do work for John Hardy.”

“We reject 80% of the stones that we buy.”

”Because . . . ?”

Edited by SleazyPay · Reason: Getting quotes accurate.
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I saw her sipping wine with DV earlier.  He even commented on the neon yellow!!

SmartSelect_20190621-002654_QVC-464x317.jpg.2d8c204ba63a90d4590b716ab4e242c5.jpgSmartSelect_20190621-002743_QVC-436x312.jpg.d712db56f55c7fe045824496feba0fce.jpg

LOL! Hi Miss Big Bird .

• Laugh 11

15 hours ago, Ham On Wry said:

This DareToShare Beauty has become dare to share anything and everything personal about her family. She's added on her fB page a "congratulations" to her "sister...er, in law" by sharing this:

Two weeks from today she is getting married. Joes sis has overcome breast cancer, a double mastectomy, the loss of a child...and countless times in life when someone stupid convinced her she wasn’t enough. On July 4th, she will prove them all wrong....an “I Do” BBQ‼️👰🤵sis, u inspire me. Ur strength, ur kick butt spirit, ur keep it real mojo. I love u so much, i love Carl. Icannot wait for our family to grow a little bigger, and to have ur ‘knight in shining...’ make his love official. ♥️♥️

"ur keep it real mojo" I'm sorry, I'm an irritating Type A who believes in spelling correctly, in general. [Social media breeds laziness and fosters laxness in that respect] Is it any surprise this woman is confounded by the nature of a novel?

Wait, I can picture it now...her hosting stint to a dedicated audience where she can throw out all these "clever" references, such as "sidebar!" ('cause that makes her an attorney?), Star Date blah blah. She's the next Elvira/ mistress of the dark/ Svengoolie hosting old B movies.

So Shawn thinks by getting married it proves them all wrong?  It proves nothing except she’s getting married. Shawn really has a weird skew on everything.

i laughed about the if it smells wash it. Maybe Dan was telling her something way back then. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

5 hours ago, mpeeps said:

I saw her sipping wine with DV earlier.  He even commented on the neon yellow!!

SmartSelect_20190621-002654_QVC-464x317.jpg.2d8c204ba63a90d4590b716ab4e242c5.jpgSmartSelect_20190621-002743_QVC-436x312.jpg.d712db56f55c7fe045824496feba0fce.jpg

I just love how she had to sell a vacuum cleaner.  In both these pictures she looks bored and disinterested. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

37 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I just love how she had to sell a vacuum cleaner.  In both these pictures she looks bored and disinterested. 

to be fair how interested could anyone be selling a vac

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

2 hours ago, hummingbird said:

to be fair how interested could anyone be selling a vac

Pay me 6 figures, watch how interested I will be.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 15

I wonder who helped her put that get up together?  If anyone could find the dress, designer and price.  Just curious.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

13 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

• Laugh 3

13 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Hi,

This is incredible, have any of you watched this video clip?  The guy on the phone actually drops the F-bomb towards the end of this call after SK urges him to give them “more words” to describe this awful product, the control room cuts him off.....her & the OAP’s responses to this guy, who also says he knows her from Orlando is unreal.....

6 hours ago, Watcher25 said:

LOL! Hi Miss Big Bird .

No dis-respect to Big Bird!   Wink-wink!!

waving big bird GIF

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

They had her presenting jewelry last night and she kept saying over and over that she doesn't do jewelry (except for cheap ass earrings). They had some charms with sayings on them and the one she picked out was "it's 5:00 somewhere". Then says "wine always helps". No surprise there.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 4

Random Friday Thoughts:

• Yes, I was looking for something to describe that outfit last night and "Big Bird" just fits
  • I think she uses her Q FB as a therapy session (cheap, cheap) and there is no professional to challenge her with "WTF do you want out of life?"
  • She will throw anyone under the bus and if you are family in particular, watch out 
  • She should have taken Dan's advice all those years ago
  • Did anyone see any part of any toe removed on her recent ungodly pic of her faux-tanned soles? (she had melanoma so she says)
  • Her longer hair with those ridiculous glasses make her look homely IMHO; when her hair was short and blonde she was perky and bright (years ago)--this new "do" drags her down in every way
  • How can her minions not know IT IS NOT SK'S VOICE on many of the videos with a tot?

That's all folks!

• Like 15

Every time I see the thread title I always wonder if there is any good.

So far I've not come up with anything.

• Laugh 10

20 hours ago, RubberbandGirl said:

Thanks for the research!

And she's probably jealous of this 8Greens founder, who married royalty and lives in a castle in England. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

9 hours ago, rocketinu said:

They had her presenting jewelry last night and she kept saying over and over that she doesn't do jewelry (except for cheap ass earrings). They had some charms with sayings on them and the one she picked out was "it's 5:00 somewhere". Then says "wine always helps". No surprise there.

They don't let her near real gems and jewels cause they know she'll walk off with them.

• Laugh 9

5 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

They don't let her near real gems and jewels cause they know she'll walk off with them.

What about my soul speaks she was hawking that in rings and bracelets!

• Laugh 2

I don’t understand this “look.” She’s got on a jumpsuit, and then wrapped a cardigan around it so that it’s just hanging down on one side? It looks like half of an apron.

5679DEDB-C14E-4769-AE16-328EBFA660D1.thumb.jpeg.6dcd94d9e7da0602c4e6033ba5fd75ee.jpeg

0301AA31-C88E-491B-B44F-C3F44001CC1A.thumb.jpeg.b8a73dbfa020f7c94f1972e4a5fc9c69.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 8

She keeps walking in front of the model and blocking her. All about Shawn. I think she had the cardigan wrapped to cover up her gut. After she removed the cardigan and turned to the side you could see it very well. That happens when you sleep 12 hours a day Skunkster.

Edited by rocketinu
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

A few minutes into the show and she’s already knotting.

CB1944BC-A323-488E-B7D6-07B419C6D218.thumb.jpeg.86a29a0f7279a84c21fc1b949385f8ef.jpeg

40B378CA-46E6-4FAF-8E29-418A5E7C64FE.thumb.jpeg.228dd627375b925bec9f81e9685be9fb.jpeg

E7B3FF05-8F78-4397-AFCE-EDEDE471E1E9.thumb.jpeg.cd21365fcc72ecc1c0d2095fe8a62039.jpeg

That jawline is looking a little slack in that first and second pic. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

I just saw her FB video on dare to share...why would she discuss her fathers illness when he asked her not to? ATTENTION, ATTENTION anything to make it all about her. She's talking about her Father losing his hair, and goes right into how much she loves her Toni ponies and wore one pony for a week! I don't believe Joe said one thing to her. She's saying how some tanning company in Australia was begging her for a year to get involved with their product, and it had to be water based, could not smell and yada, yada, yada. Well if her filthy feet are a result of her input in that new water based tanning product, they'll be out of business in no time!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Wish Isaac could do the show alone. The models really like working with him. It’s so awkward this way. Hate the “ask Isaac” and “national day” segments. Isaac sounds so bored. 

• Like 6

I don’t understand this “look.” She’s got on a jumpsuit, and then wrapped a cardigan around it so that it’s just hanging down on one side? It looks like half of an apron.

5679DEDB-C14E-4769-AE16-328EBFA660D1.thumb.jpeg.6dcd94d9e7da0602c4e6033ba5fd75ee.jpeg

0301AA31-C88E-491B-B44F-C3F44001CC1A.thumb.jpeg.b8a73dbfa020f7c94f1972e4a5fc9c69.jpeg

Maybe she split the side open. 

6 hours ago, Booney said:

A few minutes into the show and she’s already knotting.

CB1944BC-A323-488E-B7D6-07B419C6D218.thumb.jpeg.86a29a0f7279a84c21fc1b949385f8ef.jpeg

40B378CA-46E6-4FAF-8E29-418A5E7C64FE.thumb.jpeg.228dd627375b925bec9f81e9685be9fb.jpeg

E7B3FF05-8F78-4397-AFCE-EDEDE471E1E9.thumb.jpeg.cd21365fcc72ecc1c0d2095fe8a62039.jpeg

What is wrong with her?  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Half an apron, half a brain.

• Laugh 9

I think Skunko knotting the garments is just as bad and insulting to the designers as when hosts used to throw handbags off set when colors sold out!  IM and LOGO have got to be disgusted when they see this and when she layers their clothing over the clothes she's wearing like a clown!

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

She was a trainwreck kicking off the Ring TSV.  Spent the first minute asking "What camera? What camera?" and then looking at the wrong camera. I actually wondered if the producer was messing with her because he despises her too. Her phoniness was in full force when someone named Sheila called in: "Your name is Sheila? Am I pronouncing that right? Shee-la?" Not sure how that Ring guy was standing her with the glasses on-off-on-off. It probably took all of her willpower to not start knotting up her top and then his shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

I think they should swap Katrina and Shawn 

call up Katrina to the majors and send Shawn to the minors 

she really doesn't deserve this opportunity 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, imarocker said:

Wish Isaac could do the show alone. The models really like working with him. It’s so awkward this way. Hate the “ask Isaac” and “national day” segments. Isaac sounds so bored. 

He was just on with Courtney and was happy as a lark. She doesn't grill him with questions.

Last night during IM show she kept running over and posing with the model. Every time she did this the camera person would zoom away to the model and cut Shawn out. In my devious heart I must believe he did this on purpose. It was glorious!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

13 hours ago, Booney said:

Desperately trying to start a “new trend” - - - -epic FAIL!  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

Maybe she split the side open. 

What is wrong with her?  

Is that a rhetorical question?  (hee!)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

At outset of Dare To Share she "reveals" to us that her wine glass is just ginger ale, then mutters something about only drinking ginger ale (with crackers) when she's in a "hospital ward" after surgery or something; otherwise "I can't justify all that sugar".

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, Tuxedo said:

She was a trainwreck kicking off the Ring TSV.  Spent the first minute asking "What camera? What camera?" and then looking at the wrong camera. I actually wondered if the producer was messing with her because he despises her too. Her phoniness was in full force when someone named Sheila called in: "Your name is Sheila? Am I pronouncing that right? Shee-la?" Not sure how that Ring guy was standing her with the glasses on-off-on-off. It probably took all of her willpower to not start knotting up her top and then his shirt. 

I know...I was asking myself, What happened to the days when the active camera had a big red light on top of it? She and Isaac are pathetic with their lack of information and preparation...the way he wrongly "guesses" the colors of any particular item.  I thought he called her out last night on knotting the pink top.

I am hard pressed to believe that IM has ever actually conceived or drawn any design. Seems like the Q generates a "line" for any given designer, Q tries to create some "coherent" set of clothes, and it's multiple choice (if indeed they look at them in advance at all) which clothes make the cut for respective "designers."

I dont even know the names of half the Q hosts; mostly it's David and SK I watch, anything beyond a couple minutes. But I've seen NO other host who goes off topic with clever cultural celebrity sycophancy the way Shawn does. Little Miss Sidebar does not grasp the nature of how attorneys bill their time! Everyone else is focused on the products. 

Last night during the JAI presentation, SK was once again obsessed with "paint me a picture". SHe kept saying, we're gonna pull up the pictures (of dude in Alaska, kayaking etc) instead of rehashing/clarifying which bracelets were which pattern. "Ok we don't have the pictures, but... " At the hand off at the top of the 6 pm/9 pm hour, she is so obviously caught up in her SKcentric mindset. Oh, do I have to bend around like a pretzel because there's a larger audience here than the happy hour bunch around the table? Do I have to WORK now?

She is ALWAYS bogarding the attention away from the models. No one treats them with the dismissive arrogance that Skunks does. Because we would rather see her hold up a skort in front of her lumpy jumpsuit than see it plainly and clearly worn on a model, yeah.  I thought black is supposed to be a slimming color, she looked thinner in the Big Bird yellow. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall at the daily briefing of her segment's producers? How shall we manage the Loose Canon on Deck tonight?

Last thought: there were fleeting moments last night when I sensed a sadness in her expression, as though in truth she was struggling inside to keep it together, that all the smiles and gushing were just a cover (beyond her usual phoniness). Did anyone else pick up on that? Or I am just gratuitously nitpicking? 

Edited by Ham On Wry
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

During Ring the idiot tells us she lives "only 25 minutes away" from the QVC studio.

I don't know, it's not something I would want revealed on national television, especially if I was hosting a show about home security.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

JAI

Shawn:  "As you know, I don't like or buy fine jewelry...."

Scott:  "You're a trip"

What a fine example of a host who is supposed to persuade the viewers to buy things. "I don't like fine jewelry, but..." "I don't like jeans, but..." and so on. Why does QVC keep a host with that attitude? Have they ever realized how bad she makes QVC look?

Can you imagine any other salesperson saying things like that? Would you walk into a jewelry store because you want some nice jewelry, and the first thing the salesperson says is, "I don't like fine jewelry" ? Would you walk onto a car lot, express interest in a car, and the salesperson says, "I don't like this model"? Or go to a restaurant, order a chicken dinner, and the server says, "I don't like chicken"? Those salespeople would lose their jobs pretty fast.

But Shawn gets to stay at QVC and make big money while routinely dissing the merchandise.

• Like 15