Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

Good Sunday everyone!

Thanks to all who commented, I appreciate it!   

I just saw some posts that said SK was on a “well deserved vacation” - I looked at  her IG for the first time in a while, she usually posts many photos when she’s on a “well deserved vacation”, but this time it’s weird - has anyone else seen them, particularly the last one?      Is she hungover?   She looks hungover...could she be hungover?  She sincerely looks hungover....wow, really disheveled and unkempt looking, kind of pathetic and lost.....I know she’s a huge attention hound, and very insecure and narcissistic, but boy, that photo is disturbing - like “help me now, someone, anyone”...

I also noticed that lots of shade is being thrown on her IG about the show changes.....people seem to be quite upset about it!   Oh well.....

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone!

Cowabunga

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

That Instagram pic is horrifying!  Why would she even do that?  

I think she's an attention whore and will pose in any position for attention....jmo

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

5c44b46721fba_2019-01-2012_47_20.png.644132fa871f63a11fe32b85da8ad48b.png

This looks like a homeless person in a bus station.

• Like 16

Looks like she was sitting next to someone on a plane like this!!!

• Like 2

QVC might want to rethink allowing hosts to post these things on company sponsored/endorsed social media pages.  I don't think this is what they had in mind. 

• Like 15

what I noticed when Shawn was on her well deserved respite is the way in which she shot her pictures.  Typically, she'll post pictures of herself and her family that specifically show where she is and/or what they're doing.  Beach, drinking, eating, beach, you get the idea.  This time, however, it was some artsy thing she did ...she was, "in general", in Beverly Hills.....she was "in general" at a restaurant.....she was "in general" at a place that served kale lemonade (which would go nicely, I think, with Jill's Snickerdoodle humus - both are a solid blech! for me).  All of these pictures weren't real specific, as if, for a change, she didn't want to disclose where or what she was doing or even who she was doing it with!

I get it, her life should be private, as far as I'm concerned.  But it's a departure from what we've seen from her on vacays past.  She loves to show off who she's with, especially if it's someone famous - and there are at least two people out in the SoCal area she could have hob-nobbed with (Lisa Rina and the Barefoot Dreams lady - someone she's posted a pic with before when she was out there).  So it was odd to me that even a companion wasn't shown.

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

QVC might want to rethink allowing hosts to post these things on company sponsored/endorsed social media pages.  I don't think this is what they had in mind. 

Disturbing (and might I add hideous), but not as bad as her spread eagle pic.  Talk about unkempt and dirty looking...Yes, she should know better than to post these pictures on her work Instagram (or any social media).  And she is at an airport?  Though she has bragged before about flying in her pajamas.  Wonder what she was out in LaLa Land for?  Bag Lady convention?

• Like 11

Most hosts use the official company pages to push their schedules and promote products and TSVs (probably the intended purpose) but sure, they all post home, vacation,  family pics on occasion. 

Personally,  I frown on that on a public page, particularly with very young children.  Even MBR posts grandkid pics.  The fans love it, but Shawn goes too far with "Up Close and Personal ".

Edited by JohnnyStar5
  • Like 5

Considering a large part of Shawn's job is selling beauty products, don't you think she'd try to be a bit more presentable on Instagram? I don't know if she claims to use any of the lines sold on the Q, but if she does, it's proof positive they don't work. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

This time, however, it was some artsy thing she did ...she was, "in general", in Beverly Hills.....she was "in general" at a restaurant.....she was "in general" at a place that served kale lemonade (which would go nicely, I think, with Jill's Snickerdoodle humus - both are a solid blech! for me).  All of

Snickerdoodle hummus ?!?!?!?  

I won't even Google that, my stomach hurts thinking about it. Blech......!    ;)  LOL

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Snickerdoodle hummus ?!?!?!?  

I won't even Google that, my stomach hurts thinking about it. Blech......!    ;)  LOL

It does sound disgusting, right?

Jill Bauer had it on her cooking show today when she was doing the Vitamix presentation.  Said her kids rave about it......I don't know, maybe they're raving over it and eating it so they won't have to eat what's for dinner!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, mpeeps said:

She looks wasted. Perps in the back of a police van look better than this. She made a poor decision when she posted this picture.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

She looks wasted. Perps in the back of a police van look better than this. She made a poor decision when she posted this picture.

Maybe she wants to encourage her followers to feel sorry for her about her demotion  change in shows?

It's very weird. But here we are, commenting on her.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Thumper said:

Maybe she wants to encourage her followers to feel sorry for her about her demotion  change in shows?

It's very weird. But here we are, commenting on her.

I swear if they give her PMS back, I’ done with QVC, not that they give a rats ass.🐀

• Like 8

On January 20, 2019 at 11:48 AM, mpeeps said:

This is literally her in her own dim mind as a famous person traveling incognito. Dream on delusional Shawnie Sue.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

She has snakes in her head!

Don't worry, those turquoise glasses will scare the snakes away.

• Like 9

Just now, Coffeecup said:

Don't worry, those turquoise glasses will scare the snakes away.

So will her bitch face.

• Like 9

The Loco clothes are so horrendously ugly, I'm not even being b!tchy. They just are !

Bed spreads masquerading as garments.

Who is buying these?

Would someone please explain? I'm appalled.

• Like 8

Someone is buying these clothes. In 2017, Lori bought a $9 million apartment on Park Avenue in NYC.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Faunarose said:

Someone is buying these clothes. In 2017, Lori bought a $9 million apartment on Park Avenue in NYC.

Of course. And to each their own.

But I am incredulous. I would be laughing at these garments in Goodwill for $1.49

• Like 8

I do agree @7EasyPayments, Lori's clothing is hideous.  I must admit I do like the top she is wearing which is a first for me.

• Like 2

I thought she was presenting the Phyllis Diller line. All she needs is a long cigarette holder. Damn what ugly hoof covers!

• Like 21

I buy Lori's simpler-styled tops. 😊

I like a lot of her prints and her colors, which usually aren't available to plus-size women in SWAD or on many online sites. Of all the clothing lines on the Q, Logo tops have the most variety in bottom sweep/circumference specs, so there's usually something comfortable available if one is a pear. I like the rayon-span fabric; I find it very easy to wear.

I don't wear multiple layers of tops, and don't agree with her premise that everything goes with everything, but I've found that the colors she uses in her tops go with a wide variety of pant colors from different manufacturers. I tend to eschew the monochromatic look because for too many years the primary colors for clothing in my size was black, navy, and brown. Been there, done that - involuntarily. I like colors.

Having said that, the prices for her tops are obscene now. There's been a number of tops recently that I've liked that are priced over $80 once s/h is applied. That is simply ridiculous.

• Like 8

Like @DownTheShore I also buy some of her things. Mostly her tanks and long hoodies. Her leggings are really nice. I don't do any of the ruffles or three fabrics on one shirt though.

Skunky's hair looks like mine does after I've had it twisted up in a clip all day. I don't go out in public with it looking like that.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 8

A couple of Lori's tops tonight had pretty prints. But she ruins anything pretty with all the the silly layering and ruffles, not to mention Skunky further ruining things by doing crap like tying hems in knots. Who in real life wants a huge bulky knot right on the tummy?

I agree about the prices, WAY too high.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Booney said:

She’s baaaaaaack.

701FF050-0B81-40A4-BB40-0C6187A9E3FF.thumb.jpeg.34aa9c3b8cd41e2ed128925c0c92e3d9.jpeg            m8sfjd4.jpg

7 hours ago, kittygirl said:

She has snakes in her head!                 For sure !!!!

• Like 10

Skunky didn't really seem happy to be back at work last night. 

• Like 6

I like her messy hair better than some of her styles.   It's not hanging in her eyes.

• Like 3

Seriously, what is going on with LOGO? My mother bought a bunch of her toned-down pieces a couple of years ago and they look really nice on her, but this crap looks like something you'd find at a swap meet. 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

A couple of Lori's tops tonight had pretty prints. But she ruins anything pretty with all the the silly layering and ruffles, not to mention Skunky further ruining things by doing crap like tying hems in knots. Who in real life wants a huge bulky knot right on the tummy?

I agree about the prices, WAY too high.

I liked that pink-ish patterned top that Skunk was wearing, but I can't justify the price.

I always look at Lori's tops online, where the models are normally just showcasing the top and not layering. Then I check out the videos, because they show the actual colors better than the webpage images do, IMO.

For all that some of Lori's latest tops are either childish or ridiculous to some of our eyes, I do give her props for trying out new colors, trims, styles and materials, compared to the play-it-safe stylings of D&Co. and Graver. And I give props to the ladies of whatever age who want to wear something with ruffles and lace soley because it makes them happy. I think that some of the Logonauts have just freed themselves from buying purely functional/utilitarian clothing, and are reveling in it.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

The Loco clothes are so horrendously ugly, I'm not even being b!tchy. They just are !

Bed spreads masquerading as garments.

Who is buying these?

Would someone please explain? I'm appalled.

There are actually varying tastes, likes, dislikes, etc., on this big blue marble.  I would suggest that there are thousands of people buying these, hence the hours dedicated to selling them.

16 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I buy Lori's simpler-styled tops. 😊

I like a lot of her prints and her colors, which usually aren't available to plus-size women in SWAD or on many online sites. Of all the clothing lines on the Q, Logo tops have the most variety in bottom sweep/circumference specs, so there's usually something comfortable available if one is a pear. I like the rayon-span fabric; I find it very easy to wear.

I don't wear multiple layers of tops, and don't agree with her premise that everything goes with everything, but I've found that the colors she uses in her tops go with a wide variety of pant colors from different manufacturers. I tend to eschew the monochromatic look because for too many years the primary colors for clothing in my size was black, navy, and brown. Been there, done that - involuntarily. I like colors.

Having said that, the prices for her tops are obscene now. There's been a number of tops recently that I've liked that are priced over $80 once s/h is applied. That is simply ridiculous.

You can buy 'em books, and buy 'em books, and ...

...oh never mind, lol.

• Like 5

All I know is I don’t like LOGO or Shawn, so for me it is a win win.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, DownTheShore said:

I think that some of the Logonauts have just freed themselves from buying purely functional/utilitarian clothing, and are reveling in it.

and maybe they have had a lifetime of "shoulds"   
I don't think her stuff is that terrible but the way it's shown on the Q is just silly, I do like her use of colors 

• Like 7

I was new to QVC back in October 2018 and the first host I viewed was Shawn. Early in the presentation she said something snarky to her director and I was appalled.

I wrote to QVC right away and compared her to the "stuck up" Megyn Kelly. Four months later I realize she is so popular and disliked because of her behavior and that most of us find her behavior entertaining. We love to ridicule her and I would bet that if she was gone, we'd miss her. I know I would!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Faunarose said:

I was new to QVC back in October 2018 and the first host I viewed was Shawn. Early in the presentation she said something snarky to her director and I was appalled.

I wrote to QVC right away and compared her to the "stuck up" Megyn Kelly. Four months later I realize she is so popular and disliked because of her behavior and that most of us find her behavior entertaining. We love to ridicule her and I would bet that if she was gone, we'd miss her. I know I would!

Much like 'she whose name cannot be spoken (or written)' ?     LOLOLOL   ;)

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Much like 'she whose name cannot be spoken (or written)' ?     LOLOLOL   ;)

Not exactly sure what you meant. Like in Harry Potter?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Faunarose said:

Not exactly sure what you meant. Like in Harry Potter?

I don't know anything about HP, but if you go to the Shopping Channel Show homepage, there is a topic with a name and no posts...................................;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faunarose said:

I won't miss her.  I have heard too many stories here about her being rude to OAPs on air.  If she wants to be all quirky and funky (in her mind), I'm fine with that.   But being rude to on-air guests, sitting or lying down while OAP does all the work, telling them to say all the colors, etc., is not entertaining.  

• Like 14

Shawn and Logo is a nogo.   Shawn obviously isn't enjoying working with Lori and vice versa.  Anyone catch the love when Lori was on Amy's PM Style?    Shawn was all over the place, talking way too much, nervous, a sugar drop??????   She and Isaac do make a good team.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Interesting stuff!  It appears that , tonight anyway, Shawn is on QVC2.

Yes!  QVC 2 !

It seems like she “dresses down” for Q2. Her hair and makeup look so much better than when she is on the main channel. 

• Like 7