Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

Shawn Killinger: The Good, The Bad, The Skunky

37 minutes ago, Booney said:

Okay, she’s one step closer to Quacker with this sweater...

A9B63401-4614-4454-A665-310A6840AE90.thumb.jpeg.6245a72aee39412daa49a07e99aa3cd3.jpeg

wow.  she was on this evening?  And, I think Isaac and her show was moved to Friday night.........guess she must have weekends off now.

• Like 4

I guess this means she now has Saturdays off. Which means she's the rare host who doesn't work weekends. I guess that's her payoff for losing the PiMS and the Logo shift. It will also be hilarious seeing her try to sell stuff that's out of her wheelhouse. I missed the [full in Goben nickname here] shows, but from the trainwreck read here, she's working hard for her money now. Karma...

eta: Skunky badges yoga pants while wearing the TSV which by my eye appear to be....super wide-legged YOGA PANTS. Dumbass.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 6

Strategic placement.  Weekends are huge for the shopping channels with both members of a household home and they sell big items like mattresses and big screen TVs.

No husband wants to see that stretched out on a Beauty Rest.

• Like 9

On 1/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, Booney said:

I think we have our first contender in the Shawn category for our next fashion poll. WTF? Mr. Booney looked up from his laptop and said, “That is one ugly outfit.”

Poor Gary, having to put up with her for two hours. She’s already called him “The Gobes,” “Gary the Gobester,” and “Sir Gobes.” The man deserves hazard pay tonight.

EED7915B-494E-4239-989B-647B843998AE.thumb.jpeg.f145fb48155db08214b364010b8da02c.jpeg

That is unbelievably ugly. Those shoes wtf??? all of it.

• Like 9

Hi all and Happy Friday!

Thanks to everyone who “hearted” me yesterday...I was surfing last evening on my way to MSNBC and saw this too small glitter Mini-Cooper sweater layered over a too large ruffled/frayed (?) denim shirt with TOOOOOO long palazzo pants over probably knock off Madden Girl sneakers and thought to myself that this is just so wrong in so many ways and on so many levels.....how juvenile, how messy, how unstylish, and how sad.    Her insecurity and need to fib and misrepresent is what has turned me against the QVC - no truth and quality in what they sell anymore and so many of the hosts are not keeping it real.   Thank you so much to all of you who watch and keep us up to date.   :)

As I mentioned yesterday, if the Q is trying to pull in a younger audience with her, they will fail.....and here’s food for thought - let’s put this in perspective and do the math folks, she is 46, not old but, she realistically could have at least 2 twenty-something children of her own.......just sayin’.   ;>}

Have a safe peaceful weekend!    Cowabunga

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ninja Turtle said:

Hi all and Happy Friday!

Thanks to everyone who “hearted” me yesterday...I was surfing last evening on my way to MSNBC and saw this too small glitter Mini-Cooper sweater layered over a too large ruffled/frayed (?) denim shirt with TOOOOOO long palazzo pants over probably knock off Madden Girl sneakers and thought to myself that this is just so wrong in so many ways and on so many levels.....how juvenile, how messy, how unstylish, and how sad.    Her insecurity and need to fib and misrepresent is what has turned me against the QVC - no truth and quality in what they sell anymore and so many of the hosts are not keeping it real.   Thank you so much to all of you who watch and keep us up to date.   :)

As I mentioned yesterday, if the Q is trying to pull in a younger audience with her, they will fail.....and here’s food for thought - let’s put this in perspective and do the math folks, she is 46, not old but, she realistically could have at least 2 twenty-something children of her own.......just sayin’.   ;>}

Have a safe peaceful weekend!    Cowabunga

She has reached her sell-by date for hip and cool. Maybe now try for grown up and mature.

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, Lady J said:

She has reached her sell-by date for hip and cool. Maybe now try for grown up and mature.

1. Well hell yeah. I would actually like to see them model an actual work/business look every so often. Things have become so casual you don't see that anymore. I am semi retired and work only four months out of the year but I still dress for work.  Co workers would think it was time for me to retire for good if I walked in all layered up ala Logo.
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Strategic placement.  Weekends are huge for the shopping channels with both members of a household home and they sell big items like mattresses and big screen TVs.

No husband wants to see that stretched out on a Beauty Rest.

Especially if they saw how she likes to sleep spread eagle . . . but then again some men may want to see that.

• Like 3

Hahaha. I love it when a model comes out wearing same colored top as Shawn. She quickly dismissed her to the back.

• Like 7

Shawn makes a disaster out of the Logo shows. She has no concept of how the models are supposed to flow through the shot. The poor camera person can keep up with her jumping from place to place.

• Like 5

we were finished with our prime binging last night so I put on the Q to see what was happening 

Shawn has no clue what the colors are of the Lori's clothing, asking for help.  Lori was not amused, for all her seemingly "hippy dippynees" Lori is there to sell and I don't think she liked that at having to basically do the hosts job as well 

No other long time host clings to the cards the way SK does,  she needs to be on Q2 at 3am 

• Like 11

Good Morning!

I love the idea of Q2 @ 3am!!!!    I caught just the first seconds of the LOCO show and SK asked LG if she was OK with her being her host - she asked, “Are you going to keep me? Did it work for you last week?”, while they were both in the shot and then before LG could answer, SK walked away and LG was left standing there with her mouth open and the camera in on a pretty close shot - quite hi-larious, but not attractive, standing alone gaping after a manic tweener in a 46 year old woman disguise....yikes, I had to switch over to MSNBC before I broke out in hives.....

Have a terrific Tuesday all!     Peace

Cowabunga

• Like 8

I can't see the Lori/Skunky pairing working. Does she think she's going to get PM Style back if she screws up the cash cow that is Logo?

• Like 5

IIRC last night Skunky already was doing a Q&A with LOGO Lori "on the couch".   I caught Skunky asking Lori her home town which is Ohio and if she knew what Buckeye chocolates were.  Lori looked very uncomfortable and impatient and didn't know what Buckeyes were which caused Skunky to get all flabbergasted and told her she HAD to have one of these chocolates and could not believe Lori did not know what these were and Lori asked how she knew and she said "they were neighbors" since she is from Michigan!  STFU Skunk.  WDGAF!!!

• Like 11

Her suckupage to Laurie Felt is immense. By the way the Felt jeans are the best and what she wears in her private life. Have we heard that before? Martha are you listening? 

• Like 12

Interesting....we're a week into her new gig and Shawn's posted something on her FB page that says she's "taking some R&R" and won't be back until next Tuesday. I didn't watch her last night, so don't know if she even mentioned it.  That's strange, because usually she talks about a vacay for weeks until she leaves and I don't recall her saying anything of late.

She called Jane her "soul sister" in this same post.....the only thing I see that is even remotely the same about the two of them is the fact that they both wear some of the fugliest clothing I've ever seen!   

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

if she knew what Buckeye chocolates were. 

images.jpg.baaf123284acb3eb0339088edc59f9a7.jpgdownload.jpg.f2fd5b68a87c74b4dcfdcfa546038fca.jpg5c3e2b91acf55_download(1).jpg.1b38cdbf5452e61b68f0ba0cbb8205b5.jpg5c3e2be87544c_images(1).jpg.8f8ef6237d6d154795e6c9bc63252ce7.jpg

OK..I disqualify myself

I'm from Ohio 

• Like 7

Maybe ratings were pretty dismal last night and she's in a slump. . . she hit a wall and needs time to figure out the next step in her life?  Just thoughts.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mpeeps said:

IIRC last night Skunky already was doing a Q&A with LOGO Lori "on the couch".   I caught Skunky asking Lori her home town which is Ohio and if she knew what Buckeye chocolates were.  Lori looked very uncomfortable and impatient and didn't know what Buckeyes were which caused Skunky to get all flabbergasted and told her she HAD to have one of these chocolates and could not believe Lori did not know what these were and Lori asked how she knew and she said "they were neighbors" since she is from Michigan!  STFU Skunk.  WDGAF!!!

Lori is from Cincinnati and probably doesn't even know what 5-way chili is either.  Goldstein is not nostalgic or sentimental about Ohio; she couldn't wait to leave and head out for New York to start her fashion career.

Although it's interesting -- I read where Lori got tired of the stylist gig and longed to return emotionally to her Midwest roots which she says QVC has allowed her to do which I'm assuming in her mind was staying put in one place, going to "the office", and mass producing faux-hip clothing for gullible women of a certain age who misguidedly believe that wearing LOGO makes them look young like they were in the 1960's. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Lori is from Cincinnati and probably doesn't even know what 5-way chili is either.  Goldstein is not nostalgic or sentimental about Ohio; she couldn't wait to leave and head out for New York to start her fashion career.

Although it's interesting -- I read where Lori got tired of the stylist gig and longed to return emotionally to her Midwest roots which she says QVC has allowed her to do which I'm assuming in her mind was staying put in one place, going to "the office", and mass producing faux-hip clothing for gullible women of a certain age who misguidedly believe that wearing LOGO makes them look young like they were in the 1960's. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!  That's some longing!! She's making a killing though! 

I don't get a nostalgic or sentimental vibe from Lori either.   She's all about herself and her business.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!  That's some longing!! She's making a killing though! 

I don't get a nostalgic or sentimental vibe from Lori either.   She's all about herself and her business.

Lori said she was sitting home one night watching QVC and had an ephiphany that she wanted to do something on a home shopping channel.

Being an overachiever, Goldstein hit the jackpot yet again in another medium.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Interesting....we're a week into her new gig and Shawn's posted something on her FB page that says she's "taking some R&R" and won't be back until next Tuesday. I didn't watch her last night, so don't know if she even mentioned it.  That's strange, because usually she talks about a vacay for weeks until she leaves and I don't recall her saying anything of late.

She called Jane her "soul sister" in this same post.....the only thing I see that is even remotely the same about the two of them is the fact that they both wear some of the fugliest clothing I've ever seen!   

She and Jane both like a lot of attention , the difference is Janie works for it.

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Lori said she was sitting home one night watching QVC and had an ephiphany that she wanted to do something on a home shopping channel.

Being an overachiever, Goldstein hit the jackpot yet again in another medium.

She’s got a Hermès habit to maintain 

• Like 8

I love how all her "Klingons" are badmouthing Amy personally, are po'ed about Amy having PM Style and if someone posts something even remotely critical of SK they attack. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, rocketinu said:

I love how all her "Klingons" are badmouthing Amy personally, are po'ed about Amy having PM Style and if someone posts something even remotely critical of SK they attack. 

Isn't that "unkind"?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rocketinu said:

klingons Kilinger ?

• Like 4

So, Skunky is on another vacay. So much for that 6 hour block with Jane on Tuesdays. That lasted all of one whole week!

• Like 8

Didn't she just have a week off at the holidays?  So, less than a month later she takes off another week?  Soon she will have another medical thingy.  What a trouper!

• Like 8

Where did she go this time? What's the big secret?  Probably a girls getaway with old friends sans hubby and child now.   You know the new show schedule must be a big adjustment for her.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Burly said:

It’s a “WDV”!

As long as it's not a very much WDV - only David is eligible for that.

• Like 5

Fun in the sun with Gili Jill.  Ugh.

Imagine the shenanigans those two crazy, single gals can get into!

• Like 5

I had a hunch it was with her new bff gal pal GILI Jill . . . she'll probably expense it as a business trip since she's networking with a Q colleague.

Edited by mpeeps
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

Fun in the sun with Gili Jill.  Ugh.

Imagine the shenanigans those two crazy, single gals can get into!

See, I thought the hashtag was because the bag she was showcasing was a Jiggly Jill bag.  I didn't connect the dots and think the two of them were on a WDV together!

Jiggly Jill is way too involved with her boyfriend - did you know?  she is in love!! - to go anywhere with someone other than him, I would think.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rocketinu said:

Maybe G.I.L.I. Jill will give her a job working for her in Cali and do us all a favor.

Noooooo!

• Like 5

I was hoping she was going to Florida to check out the HSN studios with GILI Jill and maybe relocate there.  Just wishful thinking!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, JohnnyStar5 said:

I think you're right, makes sense...I assumed she meant going with Jill.

yesterday, when you posted to check out the IG post and see the clues, I must have stared at that post for 10 minutes, looking for a clue!  Now I get what you were saying!

It's funny how several people can read the same thing and have different interpretations!  You could be right!  We don't know!  Maybe she is with Jiggly!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mpeeps said:

Where did she go this time? What's the big secret?  Probably a girls getaway with old friends sans hubby and child now.   You know the new show schedule must be a big adjustment for her.

Maybe another baby coming home?

• Like 3

On 1/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, LeeDenny said:

Isn't that "unkind"?

Depends on who's doing the attacking, over there.

💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No it's not. 😂

😉

Edited by DownTheShore
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Tshopstoo said:

Oh Lordy....Joe may have to become Jobless again with three two kids underfoot.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tshopstoo said:

Naw, this is probably a wine-drinking vacay.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Naw, this is probably a wine-drinking vacay.

To get a break from a wine-drinking day on the job.

Edited by LeeDenny
  • Like 7

I just checked out her Instagram.....she posted a pic that shows she's in Beverly Hills

What a douchebag, so wrong on how she treated better than any other host besides David. Doesn't Jane, Pat, Jill MB have senior rake? Ridiculous!

• Like 4